PDA

View Full Version : #### Announcing Upcoming PVP Contest: CAN U BEAT THE L33T? ####

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey All,

So i am announcing this contest now because i want to get you guys excited but i would also like to get your ideas and suggestions on how you would like to see this play out. I am very excited for the upcoming release of PVP and as this thread title suggests... very cocky.... I have a huge stash of pinks in my warchest and so do my friends. Also very cocky. What i would like to do is hold a tournament of some sort. Now this wont be some gigantic branching competition. I dont think i can put that together right now (maybe one day).

This is a straight up challenge....

With Pinks as prizes.....

LIVE BROADCAST to the internet.....

Do you think you can handle it?

Basically, once pvp comes out we will all need a few days to figure out what works. I also have some good friends who i think are gonna be able to bite as loud as they bark, but gotta make sure hehe. Even if you already have all the gear you need, this is your chance to build a reputation early. My guess is this contest will be held within a week or two of the release of PVP, depending on how many are gonna participate. Here are the 3 main areas that need to be focused on and i could use some help from yall.

PRIZES!!!
Ok so i have some really great stuff. we are talkin zombie gear, mambozas, snipers, voodoo, conquerors etc. I can for sure guarentee at least 1 TOP DEMAND item for the winning team (you will never beat me suckers!!). I will probably have much more gear in 1-2 weeks anyway lol so it might be a SET of gear for each FINAL winning team member.

I also have lots of decent pinks and purples, good for trading and alts etc. These can be prizes for the runner up or the people who come closest to beating us. Then of course i can do just lots of greens or purples for getting gold and potions as well. This could be for people who get near the end or something.

RULES!!!
So yep, kinda thinking mortal combat here. Depending on how many people wanna play im thinking it could go one of two ways. Please feel free to tell me im being an *** here. We could go a more traditional style tournament it would just be a little harder to manage.

Small amount of players:
Lets say there are 3-4 teams who think they can stand up against the L33T. You all get a shot at glory. Whoever beats us (lol) or comes close wins the loot. If for some reason two teams beat us (hahahah) then you fight each other for the prizes.

Lots of players:
You start by fighting each other. simple branching. 4 teams, 2 fight 2, they fight each other, we fight winners etc. If this gets really big i would love for their to be a "mini-boss". Another SOLID pvp crew who wants in on the fun. You gotta beat them before you even allowed to fight us =P

LIVE BROADCAST!!!
So thats kinda what i do for a living, not gonna be hard to pull off. The only thing we need to decide is if you want the other matches broadcast too. I can only broadcast games that im playing in so if we did that teams can only be 4vs4. I would have to be in there on a warrior and u wont be allowed to attack me on purpose. I'm pretty sure i can even make an iphone/ipod friendly version so the most amount of people can watch possible. Here is where i could use your help.

Producer = anyone with livestream.com virtual studio experience could really help with titles and transitions and keeping the chat room informed whats going on. If im fighting its going to be really tough to do anything else, especially cause i will be playing on an iphone (cant broadcast off ipad yet).

Crowd Control = Someone who can keep the participants up to date with in game messages. Let them know who is on deck, when to join etc.

Second Cameraman = Do you have any kind of analog video (RCA/S-Video) to digital converter? things like a dazzle, canopus, video capture card etc. Do you have a jailbroken iphone 3gs? do you have an av connection cable for ipod/iphone? lol if you have all 3 things i am happy to show you how to connect to my virtual studio. just need to be in front of a computer and i will handle the rest remotely.

So... let me know your thoughts. I think this could be awesome and if we show a good attendence with participants and viewers it will encourage the devs to do stuff like this in the future! Officially.... with better gear than i can give you... lol.

arbyssauce
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
:D but ur characters arent that good

BestHyun
05-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely be looking forward to this. ^_^

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 09:29 PM

lolz, i guess i should update those stats. thats from a while ago before ancient swamps. believe me they are both 35 and geared out =)

arbyssauce
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
ok lol then OF COURSE I WILL but im in fnord

Kirei
05-18-2010, 09:31 PM
im in, although ill need to make a team

Diz
05-18-2010, 09:31 PM
A tournament should be a tournament. If you want to enter as host that's kosher, but focusing on your group sounds boring for everybody else. Otherwise, good idea, I was planning something similar but dont't have the drive to set it up.

Good luck.

Rebel
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM

Haha!

Anyway, this sounds like a really fun idea. Especially the live broadcasting bit. This would be awesome as a weekly thing, kind of like a sports game!

arbyssauce
05-18-2010, 09:34 PM
yea! but kirei? can i be in that teamm

Kirei
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
lol probobly, depends on how many others i get

Inching
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
lol probobly, depends on how many others i get

I'm in and if I'm in then "Violentsaint" is also in with me... I'm pure Mage and Viloentsaint is a BattleMage ... if u take us that is :)

Violent on holiday so I'll tell him when he's back.

Would be very funny if our adhoc team beats them hahhahaa thats if we make the team.

Kirei
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
lol ya but were gonna need a tank, your both 35 right?

arbyssauce
05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
im 29, but i dps at 71

Kirei
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
k we need to power level you dude. and Haroldiv, we are planing your defeat on your own thread post. but please dont cry when we totally pwn you

LordRaid
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Lol.

Will this be limited to one realm? Because some of us are in Alterra, some in Fnord; if I'm not mistaken, the majority in Alterra.

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 09:53 PM
A tournament should be a tournament. If you want to enter as host that's kosher, but focusing on your group sounds boring for everybody else. Otherwise, good idea, I was planning something similar but dont't have the drive to set it up.

Good luck.

Definitely considererd this. If someone is willing to help set up a huge tournament I'm totally down, I just don't want to / have the time to do that. I do have the time to kick your *** though :p

Azrael
05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Cool idea broadcasting it.

I wont be interested in tournaments till i've tried pvp and know what i'm doing. Thats just me though.

Diz
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Definitely considererd this. If someone is willing to help set up a huge tournament I'm totally down, I just don't want to / have the time to do that. I do have the time to kick your *** though :p

You go ahead with your idea and I'll be thinking about a setup. I've been involved with a lot of tournaments and ladders in games over the years, and I'd like to see what the community is like and how PvP is before I consider anything concrete. Let's see how your tournament pans out - maybe someone else will step up and help you before then, anyways. If you have the time to kick my butt, your PvP practice must be a full time job!

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Cool idea broadcasting it.

I wont be interested in tournaments till i've tried pvp and know what i'm doing. Thats just me though.

Yep I feel ya, that's why imma give it a little bit of time before I announce the actual date. Either way this will all be recorded. Watching it live Is totally awesome though, there is an integrated chat feature as well so you all can root or boo people lol.

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Lol.

Will this be limited to one realm? Because some of us are in Alterra, some in Fnord; if I'm not mistaken, the majority in Alterra.

Yes I'm sorry for fnord players but this will be in alterra

Kirei
05-18-2010, 10:01 PM
oh dammit, guess ill have to get 12 levels on my warrior pretty quick

LordRaid
05-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes I'm sorry for fnord players but this will be in alterra

Score! And Kirei.... spellswords? Battle mage? Paladin?

XD......

Flamin
05-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Kirei, can I join the group? I got a level 35 archer with full sniper's equiptment.

Xanthia
05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Venom will be entering :) we will not be rushed, we will make sure we understand the dynamics of PvP before we make an appearance.

haroldiv
05-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Venom will be entering :) we will not be rushed, we will make sure we understand the dynamics of PvP before we make an appearance.

Now that's what I'm talkin bout

MYBOWJERKS
05-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Everything sounds good, I'll tell you additional stuff in game or email.

NawtyNate
05-18-2010, 11:51 PM
XD This is what I've been waiting for the WHOLE Space-Time! XD ahahah get it? DX anyways, count Team XD in. We've been preparing as best as we could, We're studying for finals. XD (Private Schools FTW!!) anwyays, I'm bringing up Team XD, and we aint going down without a fight. A looooooong and haaaaaaaard fight! XD chances of us in winning are high, cuz we've got Jesus on our side!! XD oh and we're also basically in this to take down the big Guilds and famous peoples, and uhhhh.... may the best team win! (Read my sig for more so uhhh yeah!) XD see you guys in-game!

Inching
05-19-2010, 01:10 AM
lol ya but were gonna need a tank, your both 35 right?

yes we r....

Inching
05-19-2010, 01:16 AM
just an idea that we try as a "friendly game" 4 mages vs 4 archers, 4 tanks, vs 4 archers...etc.... jsut to see how that works out.... would be interesting to find out since there is a lot of talk abt ... "tanks re best, bla bla bla for PvP...", and so on and so on....

just courious, Inching

King Richie
05-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Harold you no il kick your *** :)

Dbawlz
05-19-2010, 10:59 AM
That the team who created this post will not win.

If anyone wants to do some pvp on fnord hit me up :)

Sayishere
05-19-2010, 11:01 AM
well im not 35 yet, and wont be for some time since i dont have time to play, i also have no team :/

we will see

haroldiv
05-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Thx for moving thread admin!

Evante
05-21-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm in this thing....hehe =) do i need a teammate to be in a bracket?

Violentsaint
05-21-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm in and if I'm in then "Violentsaint" is also in with me... I'm pure Mage and Viloentsaint is a BattleMage ... if u take us that is :)

Violent on holiday so I'll tell him when he's back.

Would be very funny if our adhoc team beats them hahhahaa thats if we make the team.

lol sure.. enter me in a tournament without asking me >.<

i dont even think ill be able to afford the pvp packs and the new alien oasis pack coming out, ive only got 53 cents in my account

i think theres 1 free pvp map on dark forest, i guess i could fight some people in that arena

it will be cool to see how much my zombie gear will save my but in pvp, before i went on holidays i was runnin ancient swamps and didnt even need to heal because my health regen was 15 per second lols

JoJoTheWho
05-23-2010, 04:20 PM
-Idea of setting up tournament-
- post new thread as a sign up sheet. players must sign up with their team, register them and their friends.
then every few days have a few teams vs eachother.
trading will be coming out as well, so each player will pay 1000g for entry.
Example post:
Team Name: BananaThrowers
Player1: Seriously
Player2: ----------
Player3: ----------
Player4: ----------
Total Gold: 4k
If you want to make it a 4v4 game, then you can be the 5th player on 1 team to film each tournament. (make sure both teams know your neutral)

after about a week, see if you have plenty of teams for a tournament. (if you want i could go threw the list of team sign ups and make your tournament list)
i'd then set up the teams like this: (basic tournament line up)
Team 1__Team 2__Team 3__Team 4
....l________l..............l________l...........M onday
...........l.............................l........ ....
.....Winner.....................Winner.......
...........l________________l...................Th ursday
..........................l....................... ...
.................Grand Winner...............

the losing teams will play eachother threwout a 2nd tournament.

......Loser.................loser.............
.........l______________l................
......................l........................... .
.....Winner (of the losers..)............

then just to give that team a second shot at victory

Grand Winner...................Winner of Losers
.........l_______________________l..............
..............................l................... ...............
................Contest Winners!........................

Contest Winners Recieve the pink reward items
2nd place Winners recieve the gold. (with 4 teams shown above, 16k gold split between 4 characters, 4k gold each. would be higher with a bigger tournament of course)

-possibly?

KingFu
01-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm in fo shizz :cool:

Ladylove
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM

A bit late?

Sigkill
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM

lool mystic look at the post date :D