PDA

View Full Version : Farming meathead...

Lvl5
02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
I was just wondering, how long would a recipe take if i farm meathead in forest haven level four on my level 10 twink? (i dont have a main, just level 5 and 10 twinks).

Major
02-27-2011, 11:08 AM
I would say it's all on our luck, are you feeling lucky? Plus I think you can Still get recipes with like a higher level char and that would makes your runs faster......but your level may have something to do with being able to find a lvl 5 or 15 recipe because I've done like 50 runs there with my 55 char and not one recipe, gem or anything. So I'm not to sure there?

Lvl5
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Well i dont do the deli, i do lvl 4 and camp at the end. He spawns at least once every 2 minutes so i probaly killed him at least 30 times today.

Major
02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
What's your IGN, I'll join for bit if ya want?

EDIT: lol of course something just came up, give IGN and I'll join ya later if your on.

Lvl5
02-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Name is dexteritybear.

Major
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
K actually I just made a lvl 5 bird....we will rip it up later...IGN is Majorfive

Lvl5
02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah i got a magic gem!!!!!!

Major
02-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Haha sick congrats!!

Keohike
02-27-2011, 03:26 PM
i dont think lvl has anything to do with the reciple. But i heard if u go in a full group thats 5 players including yourself there is better chance of getting better items and if you all buy lucky exiliar

Baked-Potato
02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Its all luck really. It doesn't depend on how many people you have in your group since everyone gets their own individual roll. I also don't believe the player level has any influence either as crafting items/recipe are level 1 equipment, it just for a different level recipe. The only thing that's has any influence is Luck Elixers, but its very very very slightly.

Major
02-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Its all luck really. It doesn't depend on how many people you have in your group since everyone gets their own individual roll. I also don't believe the player level has any influence either as crafting items/recipe are level 1 equipment, it just for a different level recipe. The only thing that's has any influence is Luck Elixers, but its very very very slightly.

I need more luck lol. The luck elixirs never seem to work for me either but have seen it work for others....of course haha!

Keohike
02-27-2011, 03:49 PM
ah ic i am also wandering if the amount of monster you kill in a set amount of time will increase chances of getting better items cuz some games are like that. anyone know?

Baked-Potato
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I need more luck lol. The luck elixirs never seem to work for me either but have seen it work for others....of course haha!

Same haha. I farmed FH4 and Deli for a full week with minimal crafting drops on a level 55, 5 and 10. Saw no difference in drops between the three. And I have yet to get a single pink from BS also lol.

As for Luck Elixers, I used quite a bunch when level 10 farming was popular. Gave up after using 100's and someone got the level 10 pink armor on their like 6th run with no elixer. Kinda gave up hope on em haha.

Baked-Potato
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
ah ic i am also wandering if the amount of monster you kill in a set amount of time will increase chances of getting better items cuz some games are like that. anyone know?

No, the number of mob kills in a certain time doesn't influence drop rates.

Major
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Bibobi it doesn't matter how many enemies you kill in a certain amount of time. Drops will still be the same....horrible haha.

EDIT: looks like baked beat me to the answer...your quick!

Baked-Potato
02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Bibobi it doesn't matter how many enemies you kill in a certain amount of time. Drops will still be the same....horrible haha.

Sometimes :) I'm usually the one who gets beaten though haha.

Redbridge
02-27-2011, 04:10 PM
+1 to the above. Farmed FH4 and Deli a lot, probably 1000+ drops. Lots of crafting items and Gems but only one recipe. Recipe dropped after using Luck Elixir, in Deli with 2 of us, but was some time after it was taken. How long do they last? Is it 5mins same as the others? Still farming but thinking about giving up as not very fruitful atm.

Major
02-27-2011, 04:30 PM
+1 to the above. Farmed FH4 and Deli a lot, probably 1000+ drops. Lots of crafting items and Gems but only one recipe. Recipe dropped after using Luck Elixir, in Deli with 2 of us, but was some time after it was taken. How long do they last? Is it 5mins same as the others? Still farming but thinking about giving up as not very fruitful atm.

Ya I believe all the elixers last 5 mins. Ya I'd rather farm in BS.

Kossi
02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
me and my bro ran it alot yesterday

hes gotten 3 recipes
and a leech got my lv5 expert leather...maiavel.
no longer will i let leachers join my game.

Major
02-27-2011, 04:47 PM
me and my bro ran it alot yesterday

hes gotten 3 recipes
and a leech got my lv5 expert leather...maiavel.
no longer will i let leachers join my game.

Haha those leeches...and I need that armor lol

Keohike
02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
ah thanks very insightful i was wandering about it cuz in diablo the more monster you kill per min makes the difference in stuff you get

Keohike
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM

ah ic cuz in daiblo the amount of monster you kill per min affects the drops

Snakespeare
02-28-2011, 09:09 AM
If you are paying attention, not semi afk at work, then running meathead's deli repeatedly is more effective. All three bosses in meathead's deli can drop recipes, gems, or scraps. With a high level character you can do three deli runs every five minutes. The same hour spent camping on meathead in FH4 for 20 drops will get you 100 drops by repeatedly running Deli instead.

CowboyJim
02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, it's pure luck....I afk farmed FH4 at work for 4 hours one day and got 6 gems and several scraps. Next time i did for 4 hours and got NO gems and only 1 scrap in all that time....I figure AFK at work whatever I get is something I wouldn't have gotten by not afking....doing Deli runs does seem to be more productive but can produce a lot of dry runs as well. I haven't gotten a recipe in a while and I've never seen a recipe for a 15 level item drop.....I have slightly less than average luck IMO.

drewcapu
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Any level and full group myths were obliterated a couple nights ago when I got a L5 recipe and a bugged L15 recipe in less than one hour of solo semi-afk FH4 farming using a L53.

It's all random.

noobmigo
02-28-2011, 09:24 PM
how do you semi AFK?

drewcapu
02-28-2011, 10:44 PM
It's just a term some of us like to use when farming FH4 while doing something else.
When you hear Meathead attacking, you kill him.
Then you go back to being afk, occasionally killing mobs and/or opening chests.

JNass
03-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Right now Im doing the semi AFK thing. So far in 1.5 hours Ive gotten 1 recipe and 2 gems and 3 scraps on fh4.

Zeus
03-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Right now Im doing the semi AFK thing. So far in 1.5 hours Ive gotten 1 recipe and 2 gems and 3 scraps on fh4.

Jnass, I swear you have the worst luck for recipes lol. I remember how mad you got when I got two in the same day LOL.

Keohike
03-01-2011, 02:05 AM
its all Luck, it is the lucky ones that get recipe. I think if a person does 10 hrs of deli he has more chance of getting recipe but thats what is is chance. Its like buying lottery u can buy 1000 tickets that will increase your chance but you might not win and the guy who brought one could be the winner.

JNass
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Jnass, I swear you have the worst luck for recipes lol. I remember how mad you got when I got two in the same day LOL.

Hey I was very happy last night in about 2 hours i got 2 recipes 4 gems and 5 scrapps. Last night was a good night for farming :) but ya when you got those to i was very upset lol

Djinn80
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
is FH4 the one with Meathead only - no spawn to worry about? There are 3 IV's so wasn't sure...

I don't have the patience to level up so my main is now a lvl 35. I guess I shouldn't have deleted my 47 dex bear. He woulda been good for this lol.

Kossi
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
is FH4 the one with Meathead only - no spawn to worry about? There are 3 IV's so wasn't sure...

I don't have the patience to level up so my main is now a lvl 35. I guess I shouldn't have deleted my 47 dex bear. He woulda been good for this lol.

meathead's deli also has meathead

JNass
03-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I havent gotten any good drops from deli beside gems...