PDA

View Full Version : Black magic! :O

Ihateppl
01-08-2015, 01:45 AM
I think it would be really great for mages to have a skill that raises 2-3 zombies to do damage and take damage for a little bit, I can imagine that it would be extremely useful in pvp and even pve for mages, (we can have undead side kicks!)

For example: 1 zombie would have 200-300 health (for current capped mage), scaled to mage's level, and for damage maybe 50 damage per hit?

I think its about time that mages have a skill on par with tanks and rogue, something that makes all the rogues hesitate before pulling that bow back, and tanks take a step back before throwing that axe, tanks and rogues treat each other with an equal amount of respect in pvp, but when they see a mage (does not matter if full arcane) they go hunting us, with this new skill, we will at least get a soap box.

P.S. the name was inspired by a little Indian man in India who needed help getting his magic shops name out there, thus making him contact that advertising agency who advertises everywhere... :rolleyes:

epicrrr
01-08-2015, 02:25 AM
This sounds ok haha, but a 3-5 mage team would be bad haha

Alhuntrazeck
01-08-2015, 06:16 AM
I like this idea :o

Stacking might be a bit of an issue though; perhaps skeletons spawned kill other skeletons spawned, so you would have only one mage using the skill?

Morholt
01-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Highly doubt even a decent capped warrior would be intimated by 3x 50 damage attacks. 300 life? One auto attack takes care of those zombies in a blink.

A rogue? One shot of Nox from the distance takes care of the zombies--and nox has an extremely short cooldown. You'll be combo'd to death as your zombies are crumbling.

As for pve, lol in elites. Those zombies are going to struggle fighting the first troll boss in normal.

Xeusx
01-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Highly doubt even a decent capped warrior would be intimated by 3x 50 damage attacks. 300 life? One auto attack takes care of those zombies in a blink.

A rogue? One shot of Nox from the distance takes care of the zombies--and nox has an extremely short cooldown. You'll be combo'd to death as your zombies are crumbling.

As for pve, lol in elites. Those zombies are going to struggle fighting the first troll boss in normal.
I'm sure this is just for distracting them to let mage have a chance to kill.

ClumsyCactus
01-08-2015, 07:19 AM

But the POINT is that for rogues alot of single targets infront of what you Wanna shoot is ANNOYING

Morholt
01-08-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm sure this is just for distracting them to let mage have a chance to kill.When a warrior can stand still in front of a mage and go, "lol@mage damage," being distracted for half a second doesn't do much to help a mage kill the warrior. The warrior doesn't even need to waste a skill to use, so the mage will be crushed after that 'distraction.' Oh, and remember...these zombies take up a skill slot. That's one less attack to tickle a warrior with. A defensive skill won't help you kill a tank.

But the POINT is that for rogues alot of single targets infront of what you Wanna shoot is ANNOYINGAgain, it takes one Nox or SSS to hit and kill that group of weak zombies. That 'annoying wall of targets' isn't very effective. And The cool down for Nox is only two seconds. The zombie skill is going to need a cooldown of 1 second to keep a rogue's arrows away. However, after a rogue kills the first 'group' the auto attack of a bow can kill those zombies with one hit, and at a faster rate than a mage can summon zombies. After the group and additional zombie is dead...the mage is combo'd to death.

Even with six zombies limit at a time, summon two at a time, and a one second cool down, winning against a rogue won't happen.

CouchPass
01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
We could raise the health and dmg, but increase the cooldown. I think it would be really really awesome if they kept on fighting 'till they died. So its not a timed skill cuz then the warriors could just outlast it :).

Ihateppl
01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm sure this is just for distracting them to let mage have a chance to kill.

That's the point, I think that the zombies should have a aggro pulling ability that makes them take the damage instead of the mage, if we can not get a decent health buff then lets have others take the damage for us lol.

Spell
01-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Mages should have Necromancy-summon ONE mob that has 1/3 the damage of the caster but all his hp/armor.lets face it mages get one shot without shield very easily.so summoned mobs would be cake as they have no shield.

I mean then us rogues would have something to do while we wait for mages shield to go down >=] [{insert evil laugh}

epicrrr
01-08-2015, 01:10 PM
I mean then us rogues would have something to do while we wait for mages shield to go down >=] [{insert evil laugh}

I sometimes feel bad, me standing there biding my time as i wait for shield to go down while the mage was full effort on attacking.

kinzmet
01-08-2015, 02:19 PM
This is not sorcery, its necromancy! We are going to be called necromancers not sorcerers.
But anyway I love this idea specially on stacking many of it in pvp where the rogue's auto-aims will hit the skeletons first rather than the mage :)

Zylx
01-08-2015, 03:19 PM
A necromancer skill for a mage would be so dope. I wouldnt really care about how useful it'd be, but i think it would just be fun to cast that spell. :D

Necromancy: Spawns three undead to aid the caster in combat.

Damage: 15% of mage's Damage stat (ie: Damage of 500= 75 damage inflicted per zombie)

Health: 20% of mage's Health stat (ie: Health of 2,000=400 health per zombie)

Armor: 50% of mage's Armor stat (ie: Armor of 1,000=500 armor per zombie)

Duration: Zombies decay after 7 seconds.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Ssneakykills
01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Oh gawd a full Mage team would have loads of little zombies running around

Spell
01-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Oh gawd a full Mage team would have loads of little zombies running around

That would be so cool tho lol.

Ihateppl
01-09-2015, 12:47 AM
A necromancer skill for a mage would be so dope. I wouldnt really care about how useful it'd be, but i think it would just be fun to cast that spell. :D

Necromancy: Spawns three undead to aid the caster in combat.

Damage: 15% of mage's Damage stat (ie: Damage of 500= 75 damage inflicted per zombie)

Health: 20% of mage's Health stat (ie: Health of 2,000=400 health per zombie)

Armor: 50% of mage's Armor stat (ie: Armor of 1,000=500 armor per zombie)

Duration: Zombies decay after 7 seconds.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

This seems pretty cool lol, didnt think that for each zombie they would have different skills, maybe they can all wear different colored hats so we can tell them apart LOL.

Hail
01-09-2015, 03:33 AM
It would be cool if the zombies looked like mages however had the effects of Nekro.

Rx8
01-09-2015, 03:34 AM
That's the point, I think that the zombies should have a aggro pulling ability that makes them take the damage instead of the mage, if we can not get a decent health buff then lets have others take the damage for us lol.

U mean a dummy right? Acting as a substitute?

Amicusdei
01-10-2015, 12:26 PM
A Rutger like multiplier.
Automaton copies who do some damage and are targetable.

Might push me back into mage world...

Powergear546
01-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Bring tarlok and rendtail from dead for a short time with short life lol or maybe turn opposite pt player for our pt for 3-4 seconds or maybe reverse shield reflecting back damage like alpha wolf in nordr for 2-3 seconds afterall they are mage.

Primeblades
01-11-2015, 01:52 AM
I love it, 1+ great idea sir :) you have inspired me to think up some mage abilities too

CheifR
01-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Nice signature

ilikerice
01-20-2015, 11:23 PM
5 skill slots would be nice

vawaid
01-21-2015, 01:37 AM
And the undead can push enemy (just like sipders in nordr).

SacredKnight
01-21-2015, 01:52 AM
Sub classes maybe?

E.g Mages go from basic to Necromancer or Arch Wizard, where both are stronger than Mage by a bit (Char evolves visually, so pretty much mages will be Pokemon but lol) but Necromancer is a summoner and Arch has more DMG than Necromancer with different "new" special skills and abilities/weapons.

bedmaster
01-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Completely agree :D but i have some suggestions. Make the zombies 2k health and 100 dmg each on capped, so they wont be one hitted by warrs ss, rogues pierce and elite mobs. Or maybe the stats must be "300% hp as toon, 30% dmg of toon, no armor" :D

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Lisafaye
01-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Lol u want the necromancer skill like diablo 2

Primeblades
01-21-2015, 11:31 AM
5 skill slots would be nice

Yes this is a must have

ibighunk
01-22-2015, 12:08 AM
If it will happen :

1) 4 mages doing pve and all have whims /SnS ths ability.
Then, 4mages X 2 zombies = 8 4 = 12person r fighting .

Imagine ths in pvp.
Lmao :-D

2) average geared tanks and rouges cant able to kill an arcane mage (without arcane ring) ,even when they team up.

3) Sns pet is better than that skill.
In next ursoth event u may get it.
Sns not only make dead pools but also makes health pools.
But ur skill only gvs damage :-)