PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions From a New Player

StRoDo
02-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Alright, so I just bought an itouch 4g a couple days ago and while installing apps I remembered seeing something about Pocket Legends on G4 over the summer. Well anyway I decided to try it out and here I am. But I just had a few questions.

In the free version of the game what areas do you have access to?

Could someone please explain the quick join and host game feature, that is unfamiliar to me.

Are there expansions to buy? If so how much are they?

What is the final level cap for a paying player?

Why does it seem like there are more enchantresses than bears or birds?

What would you say is the percentage of each race/class?
Elves: __%
Birds: __%
Bears: __%

What are the specs for each class called?

Would you say the game is well balanced or does it favor particular races/classes/specs?

When should you sell to players instead of npcs?

Is there an auction house like in WoW? If so how do I get to it?

Are you able to actually walk between townes?

Thats all I can think of atm.

I was a resto druid when I played WoW, for a healing enchantress should I just Boost INT, or would it be a good idea to add stat points into STR aswell? Numbers here would be great.

Thank you for any and all answers. Also any additional advice would be much appreciated :)

DawnInfinity
02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
You have access to the Forest Haven campaign and Dark Forest campaign, which frankly have some of the most areas of playable content in the whole game. (Relative to your level). The expansions are around 10 plat, and some are available in bundles, so they are cheaper. You can purchase platinum in bundles ranging from a dollar to fifty dollars, and you can also utilize Tapjoy to earn free platinum. The final level cap at the moment is 56. Roughly every couple/few months a new campaign is available. I would say the percentage of each class is about evenly spread. Enchantresses may be a little bit more common though. Many players, including myself, have one of each, though. Hybrids of each class are common as well, str mages, dex bears, str birds, etc. The game is fairly balanced, and the developers are constantly working to achieve a very well balanced game.

Generally people liquidate greys, whites, oranges, and greens. Some players liquidate purples as well. Pinks are the most rare, so they generally get more money than the others, but purples can also sometimes sell. There is a consignment shoppe located in Fort Blackstone (the Balefort towne). You can actually walk in between the townes, but it's faster just to use the world map.

If you plan to be a healing enchantress, I would suggest you solely add your stat points into INT. If you need any more help, feel free to ask. My main character is DawnInfinity, if you want to add me. :)

Junside
02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
In the free version of the game what areas do you have access to?

The free part of the game includes all basic functions except the consignment shop(auction) in Balefort Castle. The free towns include Forest Haven and Ursan Weald, and all quests and dungeons within those 2 campaigns are all accessible. Every other towne requires purchase of Platinum.

Could someone please explain the quick join and host game feature, that is unfamiliar to me.

Quick join brings you to a completely random place. I believe it excludes entering towns so it will place you in dungeons you have access to. Hosting is just that: You can host a dungeon and have booting capabilities, meaning you can control who stays and who goes in your games. If you leave your game, and rejoin, you are no longer host.

Are there expansions to buy? If so how much are they?

The expansions are the other campaigns, whichI list in the recommended order of play-through:
Balefort Castle,
Glumdoll Cemetery.
Lost Expedition,
Frozen Nightmares(Optional Elite Content, separate purchase),
Croc Swamp,
Return of Skeller Krunch(optional additional content),
Alien Oasis I, II, III(Trials of the Galactic Overlord),
and lastly Balefort Sewers. Each have equipment only availble once you purchase it.

What is the final level cap for a paying player?

Final level cap is currently 56.

Why does it seem like there are more enchantresses than bears or birds?

Birds are overplayed at the moment for reasons of high damage output but it doesn't mean they're the best, and Enchantresses can heal themselves. Bearsare not as fun in my opinion but that's just me. They are however, the true damage sponges.

Also, the female population of players seem to favor Enchantresses for obvious reasons.

What would you say is the percentage of each race/class?

Can't really say, I see a good number of each.

What are the specs for each class called?

I'm not sure what you mean by "specs" but each class is different from the other.

Birds are mainly damage dealers over-time in relation to DPS(damage per second)

Enchantresses have two main roles as healers and buffers, and can nuke enemies with AoE(Area of Effect) skills.

Bears are tankers and well built to do so: high defense, skills that attract damage, which are needed to soak up most of the danger.

Would you say the game is well balanced or does it favor particular races/classes/specs?

People make parties that assume a balance, for instance in one party

one bear, 2 mages, and 2 birds

so it is overall balanced. Some may argue that it's not.

When should you sell to players instead of npcs?

People usually sell pink named items that are famously rare. That cuts down the list to about 50 items minimum that people are looking for. But whatever you sell and whatever people demand is not limited to pink items. Check out the Trader's Market section of the forums and you'll get a fairly precise idea.

Is there an auction house like in WoW? If so how do I get to it?

Yes, the auction, or Consignment Shop is located in Balefort Castle. You need to pay with 10 platinum to access it. And from there, you are open to limitless bounds of items you can access, if you buy them.

Are you able to actually walk between townes?

There are portals at edges of each town that look like a blue sprite. It will display where you're headed.

StRoDo
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info, its nice to be on a forum with helpful people.

Xavrod
02-27-2011, 09:14 PM
This game is awesome! If you love it and you buy new maps and features, with 20$ of plat your ok for all