PDA

View Full Version : A simple noob's guide to making some money from events

carmine_blade
01-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi all, I'm carmine_blade, long time lurker first time thread maker :) I realise there are already quite a few guides to making money in various other ways, but this is a simple, fail-safe technique that anyone can use to make a few hundred thousand gold during an event. Now, this amount will be small change to many, and so this advice is for those who are struggling to make gold for even potions and basic gear or a decent pet, like I was.

Do you have a leprechaun pendant? If so, go to step 1 :) if you don't, do the daily bard quests until you have enough story tokens to buy another character. This doubles your chances of getting a luck elixir from Klaas in Traveler's Outpost or Shaz in Windmore. Luck elixir and leprechaun pendant both increase the chances of getting good loot. When you do get the luck elixir, run Brackenridge village repeatedly for Locked Grand Crates of the Watch, which you can sell in the consignment store/auction house (found in all towns except Windmore) until you have saved enough to buy a lepre pendant.

1) Equip your lepre and check in with Klaas and Shazbot, as getting a luck elixir from one of them adds on ("stacks") to the luck from the lepre. One thing to note though is that only ONE luck elixir will stack, so if for example you get one from Klaas, don't go to Shaz until its worn off, as if they both give you luck elixirs, one will be wasted.

2) Regardless of what Klaas/Shaz give you, run Brackenridge village or Kraag Tombs 4 (Watchers Tombs 4 if you're too low level for Kraag) for a while. Any loot that drops here can be sold, or I like to go to Windmore between runs and give it away to low lvl players. Essences can be crafted into gems and sold but more on that later, save them for now.. You're also after Locked Crates (keep these, don't sell!) and energy essences, which you can craft into energy points that allow you to enter the event portals. You get an allowance from STS of one energy point per 8 hours so crafting extra points from essences is a huge help in getting event tokens, which you'll need for this guide to work :) You might find you run short on inventory space, but extra inventory slots can be bought using story tokens from doing the daily bard quest, not costing a cent of RL money.

3) I'm going to use the Winter event we just had as an example. Now that you have all that energy, run the events as many times as you can, earning precious tokens. The Ursume Locked Crate recipe was available for 245 Ursume tokens, an acheivable sum- as soon you can, buy the recipe for the event Locked Crate. Now craft those Locked Crates you've been saving into event Crates (e.g. Ursume, Necropolis, Elondrian). You can sell them immediately if you need the money, though waiting will generally increase their value.

4) Tarlok gem recipes were available in the Winter event for 145 tokens, a great way to use the essences you'll have collected running Brackenridge and the event itself so many times. Not every event will have this kind of recipe, but the point is that anything that can be crafted using a recipe bought with event tokens and ingredients looted while playing is costing you nothing to make! Sure, you might miss out on that event vanity for the moment, but with this technique you can just buy one later when you've sold your goodies and the vanity's price has plummeted due to the abundant supply of them.

Ursume Crates are selling for around 30k each, and Tarlok gems from about 18k each. Necropolis Crates were selling for 40k during the Halloween event. That's a lot of money to get for something that didn't cost you anything to obtain except a little time!

Good luck and see you in game :)

Stephanieh
01-11-2015, 01:58 AM
Mostly, I buy the recipe and sell them for gold. It was pretty dumb, it doesn't work really well though.

noahgoulin
01-11-2015, 04:49 AM
During winter event the ursume locked price cheap,it didn't made any difference than selling 3 normal locked,but during hallowen we could make more benefice :)

Fggod Z
01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Nice guide !

carmine_blade
01-12-2015, 08:43 PM
During winter event the ursume locked price cheap,it didn't made any difference than selling 3 normal locked,but during hallowen we could make more benefice :)

If you can afford to wait, the prices will go up :)

carmine_blade
01-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Nice guide !

Thanks!