PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Jespo
02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok first off sorry if this is the wrong section but I thought this would be ignored if put anywhere else.

So I just got the new metro pcs droid and I was thinking of trying PL on it. I just wanted to know would it do anything like slow my phone down or give it a virus? Would it have any effect on my phone at all? I'm still kind of learning how to eff with it so I need someone to answer those questions for me. Another thing is, do I need to have wi Fi connection for anything on the android? Or is there a way that I can be away from wi Fi yet still play the game?

Vallist
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
It wont give you virus is the only thing i know
maybe others can answer the rest of your questions :)

Jespo
02-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok well that's a start. Ty though :)

Zeus
02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
It won't do anything to your phone. The only possible thing that might happen to it is that the processor might be overstressed and the GPU, What type of droid model is it? Even if that happens, there shouldn't be anything that you need to worry about, since it is covered under manufacturer warranty.

Jespo
02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
The model is HUAWEI-M860

Zeus
02-27-2011, 06:45 PM
The model is HUAWEI-M860

Ah! The Huawei Ascend huh? That phone while it is great to use as a smartphone, is not a very good gaming phone. It uses a old Qualcomm MSM chipset, which doesn't have a dedicated GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), so it won't handle games and pixel pushing very well. You could TRY Pocket Legends on it, but I don't think it has the spec requirements to meet it. If it does, it will probably lag and won't play as smoothly as the other devices you use to play PL on.

I'm assuming you got it from Cricket?

Jespo
02-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Well I'm not sure wtf you mean by cricket.. That's what I feed my bearded dragon. I'm going to give it a try but I'll delete it if I think it runs to Laggy or looks terrible. I'd still like to know, if I was to play it can I do so while away from wi Fi?

Doubletime
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Jespo, I play PL on my Driod 2, so I can't answer questions about that specific phone. However, I play over the 3g network and don't use wifi and it is fine. So I don't believe wifi is something you are tied to if you are using an android device, assuming the device has a processor that can handle the gaming elements.

Jespo
02-27-2011, 07:13 PM
No it is TERRIBLE!! trust me! Playing from my droid the game BLOOOOOOWS!!! I've never seen such a thing with sh***y graphics.. I'd rather play on my iPod. I hope to never experience that again. Of course parth was right be usually knows what hes talking about.

Thanks for the info guys :)

wolfendragon
02-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I use a android 2 no real problems except on connection at times but depends on where you at though

Jespo
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
It's just the type of droid that I got. It look to bad. I don't even want to talk about it. That's how bad it was

DawnInfinity
02-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Well I'm not sure wtf you mean by cricket.. That's what I feed my bearded dragon.

You have a bearded dragon?!

Junside
02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
You forgot to take into consideration how crappy MetroPCS's service is. Yeah, it's a pretty low price for everything, but omg I could not find a crappier service. My ex had it and even when I was right next to her, it took forever for text messages to be received on her device. And sometimes, they don't even come. I called up customer service for my ex and they apologized and said they'd fix it. The network got refreshed but a few days later it was crap again. So one aspect is YOUR SERVICE. :(

Next, I've never even heard of your android phone. Unless it's name is pretty reputable like Droid, hTC Evo 4G, or Samsung Galaxy S, don't expect it to be an amazingly versatile device. If what Parth said is true, and you do have the Huawei Ascend, then it should be running Android 2.1 might NOT have multi-touch. You can't move and use skills at the same time. Online price says $149. From Verizon, you could have gotten the Droid or the Droid X. Both impressively balanced phones, not to mention if hacked, has nearly boundless potential.

TwinkTastical
02-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Parth sounded nerdy right there... So techy... Can he just say.. PL sucks on your phone? Dumb people like me pretend to not understand that.

Jespo, ive always wanted to tell you somthing, so im going to tell you it now.

Your like a fat black chick, your weakness is the backhand. I totally meant that.

Zeus
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Parth sounded nerdy right there... So techy... Can he just say.. PL sucks on your phone? Dumb people like me pretend to not understand that.

Jespo, ive always wanted to tell you somthing, so im going to tell you it now.

Your like a fat black chick, your weakness is the backhand. I totally meant that.

Jonas, I am a nerd. Hence the reason why I am playing PL. Yes... I'm nerdy enough to say the word "Hence". Troll me for it :).

EDIT: BUT... This thread and issue seems to be resolved... So you should take this elsewhere :).