PDA

View Full Version : [B]Skills descriptions!/[B]

nelson131
01-09-2015, 09:47 AM
So..... is it just me or are there are ridiculous amount of inexperienced players who always uses horrible skills and wrong builds? i mean the ones like the tanks who cant even go past 1st pull of wt4, tanks using rally cry, mages using curse in pve, rogues using shadow storm shot and saying its good, mages using only 1 offensive skill ect. Not to offend anyone here. i fully understand that everyone here has their own prefered skills and i respect your decisions, but there simply are just skills that dont work. so what can we do? yes. we can tell them 1 by 1, but that would be too time-consuming. so sts, why not whip out your magical writing codes, and consider actually giving player advice and examples in builds?
for example, for rogues, beside your skill respec button, add a example/? button. once clicked, there will be a page containing some of the more popular builds! sts can ask some of the forumers here and copy n paste their builds on the page(in game skills usage description/helping page). i believe that a few pages wont be too hard, wouldn't it?
also, to enhance players' game knowledge, why not add a constant link of al forum in the "menu" place (clicking your icon) so players can know about the forums(as many do not) and make pugging easier for everyone? i'm sure this will greatly enhance our gaming experience.
just my thoughts. fell freee to include improvement and suggestions below, and THANKS!:biggrin: and pls dont flame and troll:angel:

Pillowhead
01-09-2015, 12:38 PM
People have their own game style, like I use shadow storm, because I farm lockeds, and it kills everyone in that area. Many people doesn't want to share their build, -1

kinzmet
01-09-2015, 12:59 PM
I beg to differ.

1. We are diversed kinds of gamers, we all have preferrence and difference. And using 1 kind of build is so boring (IMO).
In PVE:
-theres really no rigth build, there is only the preferred build. Some wants the lifesteal in Shadow piercer, some dont. Some wanted Razor blender build (combination of razor shield and trap) but some preffers smoked trap build (trap+shadow viel) and still some preffered other combinations.
-theres situational builds. In tombs some dont usually use single target aimshot on a cluster of mobs instead they use Noxious and other multiple hitting skills.
-most sorcerers use clocks+fire+light+shield others use Ice instead of clocks. Its a difference in opinion.
-warriors use rally to farm locks faster.
-sorcs uses gale for jarl's lock homerun.

2. Some skill builds were situational, depending on what you are trying to achieve.
-faster brackenridge runs? warriors use rally, sorcs uses gale and rogues uses shadow storm shot.
-elites? rogues go crazy on passives, warriors specs taunts upgrades and sorcs avoid heals skill.
-nordr maps? some rogues specs for razor and warriors for jugg.
-PVP? some rogues goes for 2-attack build some goes 3-attack builds. Some goes for noxious and some for razor. Warriors chooses axe throw some uses chest spliter. Some mage goes for curse build some goes for all element build.
-you want a hauntlet run build?
-leveling build?
-a build for faster elite runs so you can beat the leaderboard time?

3. All the popular builds that you are talking about there came from all the AL noobs who experiments on builds by using or trying all the skills available to there character. And on the passing of time and experience they become pros.

4. Some people (or most people) will be bored if the "thrill" on learning the game is robbed from them by -->for example having a button to tell them what is the popular build.
Heck some time ago gale force is underrated skill on sorcs but now hailed as a viable option for PVP survival, that wouldn't happen if people wil only have the popular build.

Lastly, my suggestion will be :

Go try out all the skill builds you can, learn from it and most importanly enjoy!

Doobiez
01-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Anyone can do what the want when they want in this game it might not be the best build but if that person is having fun he accomplished what he played the game for

Dex Scene
01-09-2015, 01:14 PM
I beg to differ.

1. We are diversed kinds of gamers, we all have preferrence and difference. And using 1 kind of build is so boring (IMO).
In PVE:
-theres really no rigth build, there is only the preferred build. Some wants the lifesteal in Shadow piercer, some dont. Some wanted Razor blender build (combination of razor shield and trap) but some preffers smoked trap build (trap+shadow viel) and still some preffered other combinations.
-theres situational builds. In tombs some dont usually use single target aimshot on a cluster of mobs instead they use Noxious and other multiple hitting skills.
-most sorcerers use clocks+fire+light+shield others use Ice instead of clocks. Its a difference in opinion.
-warriors use rally to farm locks faster.
-sorcs uses gale for jarl's lock homerun.

2. Some skill builds were situational, depending on what you are trying to achieve.
-faster brackenridge runs? warriors use rally, sorcs uses gale and rogues uses shadow storm shot.
-elites? rogues go crazy on passives, warriors specs taunts upgrades and sorcs avoid heals skill.
-nordr maps? some rogues specs for razor and warriors for jugg.
-PVP? some rogues goes for 2-attack build some goes 3-attack builds. Some goes for noxious and some for razor. Warriors chooses axe throw some uses chest spliter. Some mage goes for curse build some goes for all element build.
-you want a hauntlet run build?
-leveling build?
-a build for faster elite runs so you can beat the leaderboard time?

3. All the popular builds that you are talking about there came from all the AL noobs who experiments on builds by using or trying all the skills available to there character. And on the passing of time and experience they become pros.

4. Some people (or most people) will be bored if the "thrill" on learning the game is robbed from them by -->for example having a button to tell them what is the popular build.
Heck some time ago gale force is underrated skill on sorcs but now hailed as a viable option for PVP survival, that wouldn't happen if people wil only have the popular build.

Lastly, my suggestion will be :

Go try out all the skill builds you can, learn from it and most importanly enjoy!
^
Exactly..
there is no BEST/RIGHT/CORRECT build!!!!

Imsofancy
01-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Honestly, Sometimes I just want to run PVE with gale, curse, Light, and heal, just to show ppl like you that there is no "master" build, even if you use the "normal" mage build and you suck terribly at this game, you will still suck terribly at this game, skills only go as far as the user can.

Im gonna assume you are an end game rogue, why dont you try using SSS and other "frowned upon" skills of rogues and see what happens, you might even get better times in elite, maybe you will die from the first goblin you attack, its up to you.

NotYoCookiez
01-09-2015, 02:26 PM
shadow storm is a really great skill in PvE. Who cares if it doesnt auto aim... it has awesome AOE damage.