PDA

View Full Version : What I lost as guildmaster

Doobiez
01-09-2015, 04:26 PM
My pvp guild went from me too 200+ members in 2 months I was very proud. Then old friends became my new enemies the guilds I use too fight alongside with are now against me . I didn't realize the toll being gm took I'm gonna keep going with my guild . I wanted to hear some experiences from other masters. Some tips would be nice also.

Hallweeen
01-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Happens all the time. Before you promote make sure you trust them 110%. Before I promote to officers I ask my other officers first and we vote. Hope this helps

Commanderkeen
01-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Never take sides and always be neutral in all situations. Try your best to keep all members happy. Examples= run with everyone in your guild from officers to members (everyone looks up to the GM). Do weekly if not monthly simple contests (doesn't always have to be for gold). Try to get together as much as possible.

Make some rules and STICK TO THEM! Also make sure your officers uphold the rules. Been in to many guilds where the officers and GM didn't follow the rules they set up.

Serancha
01-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Being a guild master is not an easy thing. It takes dedication, time, persistence, strong leadership skills, and the ability to make firm decisions and stand by them. It also takes a thick skin. There will always be people who resent those in leadership roles. Then you add on the pvp drama, and it just makes the whole stew more volatile.

Part of running a guild is understanding that there will always be those who think they could do it better. At some point it is inevitable that one or more of those will decide to act on that. They farm the guild for members, taking groups off to make their own guilds. Guess what? None of those branch-offs ever last to the 3 month mark because they are made up of people easily persuaded to follow whoever tells the best story. Same goes for guilds who build themselves by poaching members from other guilds.

The benefit to these situations is that you get rid of the flakes, hoppers and the disloyal, making the core of your guild stronger. Then you build from that.

Hail
01-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Being a guild master is not an easy thing. It takes dedication, time, persistence, strong leadership skills, and the ability to make firm decisions and stand by them. It also takes a thick skin. There will always be people who resent those in leadership roles. Then you add on the pvp drama, and it just makes the whole stew more volatile.

Part of running a guild is understanding that there will always be those who think they could do it better. At some point it is inevitable that one or more of those will decide to act on that. They farm the guild for members, taking groups off to make their own guilds. Guess what? None of those branch-offs ever last to the 3 month mark because they are made up of people easily persuaded to follow whoever tells the best story. Same goes for guilds who build themselves by poaching members from other guilds.

The benefit to these situations is that you get rid of the flakes, hoppers and the disloyal, making the core of your guild stronger. Then you build from that.

This is absolutely correct.
When recruiting / promoting you should be looking for skill, friendliness, coordination but most important is loyalty.

Doobiez
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the tips all I really appreciate it . Disappointed I lost so many friends but hey what can I do Again thx all

epicrrr
01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Dont get carried away too much with drama and all the things that comes from it, strip down to it we are all just simple human trying to vent stuff on MMO or just play to enjoy what free time we have. If your guild is pvp base

As the leader: make your members understand what being in a pvp scenario is all about, let em know what to expect; remind everyone to stay humble (even the circumstances are pressing and your emotion get over you sometimes); acquaint yourself with good hearted people (you will know it from the way they form their words on chat); make friends; chat it out on guild; surround your guild with resilient officer who have good understanding of PVP; promote officers that you know will help the guild; never sa "I" make it a habit to say "WE"; Be consistent a good guild needs time to develop and trust each other. omg theres so much more but this will be awkward if i put more lol

Epicr
Kronos Divine
Alive since 2013 PVP level 10-13

Doobiez
01-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Dont get carried away too much with drama and all the things that comes from it, strip down to it we are all just simple human trying to vent stuff on MMO or just play to enjoy what free time we have. If your guild is pvp base

As the leader: make your members understand what being in a pvp scenario is all about, let em know what to expect; remind everyone to stay humble (even the circumstances are pressing and your emotion get over you sometimes); acquaint yourself with good hearted people (you will know it from the way they form their words on chat); make friends; chat it out on guild; surround your guild with resilient officer who have good understanding of PVP; promote officers that you know will help the guild; never sa "I" make it a habit to say "WE"; Be consistent a good guild needs time to develop and trust each other. omg theres so much more but this will be awkward if i put more lol

Epicr
Kronos Divine
Alive since 2013 PVP level 10-13
Thx exactly what I was looking for and I know what you mean about being humble I'm not going to lie I snapped a couple of times and sometimes I don't know if I have to be an ahole to all my enemies or love them but as a gm I turned a little more cold sense the ppl I helped and fought with are now my biggest threat were in the same bracket epicrr I'll cya and thx

Doobiez
01-09-2015, 10:34 PM

I can tell you been in similar situations I appreciate your wise words 😁

siddhant
01-10-2015, 02:18 AM
i am not a gm but i clearly know being a gm is one heck of a difficult task on top of that add being a gm of pvp guild heck it gets more tougher my experience me and my gm are really good friends but our thoughts truely differ he believes in quality and loyalty on the other hand i beleive in number but yea he is the gm and he knows what is best for him and his guild whenevr he is on pvp map some or the other guy will always challenge him for vs and he has to keep proving that he is the best being a gm u really need to be the best take important and wise decisions decide upon allies war swap everything so yup being a gm is diificult for sure and gl to u ...u sure will
be a good gm have faith on u and ur comrades and everything will go well:)ty

Hail
01-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Oh and another thing that I find is a must in a great guild master is don't be afraid to ask your officers or anyone else for help. If there is a problem let them help you think of a solution. Communication is the key to success!

Serancha
01-10-2015, 05:39 AM
I don't know how it works in twink guilds and all that, but where I am, the GMs of similar guilds work with each other through respect and support.

I wouldn't have gotten through a lot of stuff without the original Misfit GM's, and have reciprocated the support back since then. A lot of information has been exchanged cooperatively over the years with the teams running CU / Eminence / Enigmatic and Elite Runners among others. From simple stuff like "someone's trying to poach my members and it's pissing me off" to "heads up, this guy just ripped off an officer here and took off. His name is currently soandso and he is changing it every 10 minutes - here's a screenshot for your team..."

It's not something you can do alone. You need support, and sometimes a lot of it. Having people in your situation to bounce ideas off and share experiences with can help lighten the load. As for your own team, take your time and find what will suit you best. I'm lucky I have the (sickeningly) even-tempered Ravager to straighten me out when I get too emotionally involved, and an almost-as-mellow team of officers calm things down when stress levels rise.

I freely admit that I am not always nice, mellow and/or even tempered, so I picked a team who is in order to balance my own traits. It works well.

Ssneakykills
01-10-2015, 06:04 AM
It's hard to keep everyone happy but sometimes it's just impossible but as long as you are doing your best nobody can blame you

nevercan
01-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Twink guild best works of you are an great warior of that lvl and you show it of to evryone and respect your members

siddhant
01-11-2015, 02:29 AM
being a gm of pvp guild is more tough than pve due to ego issues every1 here thinks they best on top of that add trash talkers and it is actually these ppl who think they best go on to separate create a new guild and cause havoc and trash talk pve has their own difficulty as well like organising events and stuff but yea u need to be strong and u can achieve what u wish for :) ty.

ImAfraidToComplainOnMain
01-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Reason why I'm afraid to make a guild. Don't wanna leave friends behind.