PDA

View Full Version : Lag :-(

IHATEPUPPYS
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey all pocket legends peeps what's the deal with all this lag latly? Its gotten so bad I've contemplated stoping playing for awhile but I don't want to cause im almost lvl 56! :(

Royce
02-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I haven't had much lag at all lately. Have you tried different network connections, and done all the recommended things like disabling notifications, etc.?

IHATEPUPPYS
02-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I play on my droidx n have been for months n for the past week or so I've noticed the only time I don't have a horrible ping is to play really late at night or early morning :-(

Moogerfooger
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
If you have an option to disable 3G phone service while playing PL, try that. Helps on the iPhone.

Grizzlykitty
02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Do u hugs remember the running man? I use to get all the time but haven't had in about 3 1/2 to 4 months and the lag is probably not on their side it Ur Internet provider or cell provider. Ask Ur self these questions Is my computer on while im on wifi? Do I have programs running in the back ground on my device? These things can effect game play and also keep in mind that space time has a net provider to and for every thing to work top notch all the time would be impossible. There is also the fact that PL is growing but I think this is a small factor in what u r dealing with.

Ladylove
02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
How could you hate puppies :( I love puppies!!!

Rebel
02-27-2011, 09:32 PM
How could you hate puppies :( I love puppies!!!

Puppies just emanate so much charm!

On topic: Lag hasn't been that bad for me lately. Make sure to turn off notifications such as Push and other such things. Also, turn down quality of the game. It should help.

IHATEPUPPYS
02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
I'll try all that.. thnx.. n I don't hate puppys btw its sort of a joke cause justg changed my name on my bear to ilovepuppys. So ya thts the story behind my lvl 55 soon to b 56 birds the word ;-)

Ladylove
02-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I'll try all that.. thnx.. n I don't hate puppys btw its sort of a joke cause justg changed my name on my bear to ilovepuppys. So ya thts the story behind my lvl 55 soon to b 56 birds the word ;-)

Bahaha what was the name before?

Militaryman
02-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Bahaha what was the name before?

I think I know what it was...

Ladylove
02-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I think I know what it was...

What was it?

Militaryman
02-28-2011, 01:48 AM
I can't say...

adwin
02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
The OP has a point.
I, along with some ppl I usually play with, have been experiencing random disconnections. This is really driving me nuts.
A few games back I was even a few hits away from pwning GF. Who knows, my pink might've dropped then. ;]

There is DEFINITELY something happening with the STS server. Not necessarily load-wise, but maybe a network misconfiguration.

Cheesecakess
02-28-2011, 05:39 AM
I agree i have had epic lagg the last few days
so has some of my friends, then when i try to close and reopen the app when i log in it just freezes on the loading screen

KaotiicxDream
02-28-2011, 05:46 AM
I dont got lag.. im very happy about that and it is f****** annoying if the game lag..

IHATEPUPPYS
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
I'll post my old name which isn't offensive like justg thought considering there's a sword called THE BASTERD SWORD! My name was PISSMEOFF

Genes
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
i've pretty bad pings from 400 to 3000 lately too. My ping is forever red. This has happened only for the past week till now. Before that, i didn't have any problem from poor pings.

Yvonnel
02-28-2011, 08:38 AM
When I am soloing some of the lower lvl maps for pinks I haven't beem having a lag issue. I only have a real high ping when I get a full group and go to the sewers to lvl-up.

Ursanblessing
02-28-2011, 09:18 AM
indeed, last few days some lag issues. Even on WLAN

Genes
02-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes. Me too! Lag is especially bad when in a group in bs. I just got disconnected from GF twice! This is alittle frustrating.

Also died from lags in ctk.

Royce
02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
There is DEFINITELY something happening with the STS server. Not necessarily load-wise, but maybe a network misconfiguration.

Definitely huh? Well then how do you explain the fact that me and many others have had no lag at all?

IHATEPUPPYS
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe you log onto a actually good server unlike most of us n idk how to switch servers n it's 4pm here n tht means no p/l until after 12 tonight atleast because of lag :-(

adwin
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Definitely huh? Well then how do you explain the fact that me and many others have had no lag at all?

My deduction was from personal experience as well as other players' valid testimonies.
There's a simple way to check it.
Let's check the "Users Connected" the next time this happens (chronically). Most of the times this happened to me, there were ~3k users connected, which would suggest, that IF STS is using an in-house hosting solution, there might be a misconfiguration leading to degraded network efficiency due to the inability to process a large amount of requests/s.

It would also be good if someone from STS could step in and confirm/refute these claims and this would be one thread less to care about. ;]

Pharcyde
02-28-2011, 05:26 PM
I had perfect Ping before 1.7. For 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 my ping was always 100 or lower. Then 1.7 came a long and I'm rocking 600-700 ping on average? I refuse to believe that it's my device, it ONLY lags on PL, I have other games that require much more ram and run higher graphics, and the gameplay is smooth. So yes I totally think it is the servers which are causing every bit of lag.

Physiologic
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I've only been playing since 1.6, and never had disconnection/ping issues with PL. Did not change any WiFi settings or anything of that matter. After the 1.7 patch I also had random spikes up to 500-1500 (above 3-5k I would just log off and log back in).

Royce
02-28-2011, 07:27 PM
It's weird, to be honest almost ever major update except the one that had optimizations as a major component was followed by ping/lag/DC issues that were fixed in subsequent patches, but I really haven't had any significant problems with 1.7. Anyway, I still don't think it's server related, more an issue of new features not being optimized for devices, but people having problems should really start a thread about 1.7 lag issues in bugs and technical.

jelly
05-21-2014, 01:11 AM
indeed, last few days some lag issues. Even on WLAN

Reasons for getting lag(ping) value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx)

Burningdex
05-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Reasons for getting lag(ping) value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx)

please please please for the love of necroreaper read the date b4 u reply

Laar
05-21-2014, 05:05 AM
^^ lol ikr