PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids 2.0

FluffNStuff
02-28-2011, 12:00 PM
So I figure it is about time to post about this. I have been toying with some different builds over the weekend, and they of course provide some benefits and some weakness's. I think the main thing this build can do is take over the roll of Paladin.
So what is the build?
Using Level 51 Pinks and Purples, you can dual equip items from two different classes. For example, on my Mage, or Next Gen Paladin, I have Mega Mage Wand and Mega Mage Robes combined with Fury Helm and Body Guard Shield. The benefits are this build has a base Armor of 151 which is higher then Pure Mages and even some Paladins, but with the benefit of actually having a useful weapon.
Another Example is my Raid Roach of Hate Set up. I love the hax because of the execute proc, but I wanted to up my damage output since I am a Bearzurker. So what I did was use Hate Armor and Hax combined with Raid Roach Helm and Bracer to give me some serious hit percentage and Crit.
Another possible use would be a Defensive Bird. You can do as the Mage to equip strength helm and shield, but also use the raid roach talon and armor.
So how do you do this? You put 137 into your secondary stat and the rest into your main. You need to use multiple equips to get on your secondary first. Then you have to equip your main swapping only the two spots.
So anyway, what do you all think of this.

Tengotengo
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
I was just thinking about this myself actually. If they don't give set bonuses to any of it, the gem stuff could really make interesting modular armor sets. It'd make for some precarious boost armor I bet.

Royce
02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Very interesting and cool stuff. As I said in chat, since attribute points continue to rise so much faster than attribute requirements for gear, the lines between classes ate blurring more than ever. It makes me wonder if they will nerf gear boosting. Anyway, definitely very cool, you may have resurrected the pally (even the true pally since someone could do this with a sword if they wanted and get their regen from Int gear).

Fyrce
02-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I was pondering about this because I was getting tired of 0 m/s, though I'm living with that for now. Very interesting to see a number.

superglut2
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I think ill try that for my pali. But i kinda like rift set :)