PDA

View Full Version : Beckon Question

Duped
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I noticed when increasing Beckon to lvl 2, that no stats improved. Is this a waste of points or does the skill improve? I love comboing it with the stomp for Aoe damage, but am very confused by the upgrade.

Royce
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Increasing the rank of beckon increases the distance it pulls. At high ranks the effect is pretty staggering, and is one of the most fun skills to use, as well as one of the most useful if used properly (though it can be one of the most disruptive for your party if used improperly).

Echelong
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
From what people have tested you pull more mobs also seems to add range and it wont miss as often a 5 helps a lot it feels like many have said a jedi pull.

Moogerfooger
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Lvl 6 Beckon is like supermegajedipull....if used right it is awesome traffic control for mobs, if you pull them into a corner or against a wall.

Baked-Potato
02-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Like those posted above me, as the skill level increase so does the range, meaning the more mobs you pull to you from a further distance. Also, Beckon does undocumented damage. I'm not sure if the damage done increases as the skill level increases, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Speed pulling towards you also increases, or your "pull power". Just pike Royce said though, if you don't know how to use it, it could hurt your group more than help it.

Duped
02-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. I'm lvl 28 right now, what's the best special skills for me to put my points into? Thanks!!

Zeus
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. I'm lvl 28 right now, what's the best special skills for me to put my points into? Thanks!!

Check out my guide. You can get the general idea from there. I even listed a sample skill build that is highly effective in both pve and pvp

vraizard
02-28-2011, 06:01 PM
When you check your skills and you check beckon, and you look at current rank and next rank, it still says the same thing ( bug alert - who noticed that ) but it actually changes so dont worry. It is worth upgrading IF used properly. Try leveling it once cause at the first level, it might not be fun but at the second level I got used to it and I thought it was really fun to use.

Duped
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm in love with beckon, I'm planning on maxing it now! But, FWIW, the description actually hasn't changed when you upgrade it, still says the same thing.

Sky../
03-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Instead of making a new thread, i figured i'd ask mu beckon question here.

Is it just me or others also encounter instances when, i cast beckon and i get sucked towards the enemy instead of him getting sucked towards me. Probably just lag, but it happens once in a while.

Moogerfooger
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I've never seen that exactly, but I have failed on a beckon (enemy dodged) and if I was on Auto-attack I would walk toward him. Maybe that's it? Or possibly lag, like you mentioned.

Ellyidol
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Instead of making a new thread, i figured i'd ask mu beckon question here.

Is it just me or others also encounter instances when, i cast beckon and i get sucked towards the enemy instead of him getting sucked towards me. Probably just lag, but it happens once in a while.

PvP?

I've never seen it happen in PvE.

Sky../
03-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Pve. Probably mooger's explanation is the answer. I don't recall if i am on auto attack, but it does make sense. Failed beckon + auto attack might make it look like i'm flying towards the enemy.

Ellyidol
03-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Pve. Probably mooger's explanation is the answer. I don't recall if i am on auto attack, but it does make sense. Failed beckon + auto attack might make it look like i'm flying towards the enemy.

Very possible.

I still don't understand what technically makes a beckon "fail" since I get them too.

Dodging a beckon I can understand, but for a skill to just fail, I don't know why.

Duped
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
I know exactly what he's talking about, and it's when the beckon gets dodged and you're auto attack brings you to the guy. I've seen in a bunch and it looks like I'm getting beckoned!

Nytesdawn
03-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Well it's certainly possible considering that PvE is kinda bugged (freezing and rooting not working). But adding on to the auto-attack theory, you could've simply been out of range.