PDA

View Full Version : which pet for a mage? (SAM VS SINGE)

Rx8
01-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Hi,

Currently im looking for a good arcane pet. a moderate type like samael and singe. So i like to do PvE and Pvp, although i have entered a pvp zone, i still want to try it at end game. What are your suggestions in terms of PvE and PvP for these pets??

(Leave thought/sugestions below)

Singe:

PvE:
PvP:

Samael:

PvE:
PvP:

thanks,

Rx8

Visiting
01-11-2015, 12:45 AM
I currently own a lvl 41 Singe on my mage, and I can honestly say it's amazing in all ways! In PVE (what I mainly do), it's really helpful because of the amazing stat bonus that you get, and the 250+ HP is great help for us squishy mages, plus the 4% Dmg reduction helps a lot for large pulls and hard hitting enemies (like Planar mobs or pesky rogues in PVP). Also, the Arcane Ability A. Buffs your already amazing stats, B. Buffs your parties stats (great for PVP clashes/All PVE situations). His passive abilities can't be ignored either, he's definitely one of the hardest and fastest attacking pets, with the chance to "set your enemies on fire" causing DoT damage, and the chance to reduce armor (great for VSing tanks/rogues with high armor).

Samael - I briefly tried him on the test server, leveled him to level 15, from what I saw, I'd say he's more of a rogue pet because of his very high crit bonus and great mana regen (both things that aren't essential to the mage class). While his stun on AA is good and everything, I wouldn't pay more money for a pet that reduces all stats except Critical amd has 100% chance to stun on AA (whilst Singe has 75% chance).

Rx8
01-11-2015, 01:36 AM
I currently own a lvl 41 Singe on my mage, and I can honestly say it's amazing in all ways! In PVE (what I mainly do), it's really helpful because of the amazing stat bonus that you get, and the 250+ HP is great help for us squishy mages, plus the 4% Dmg reduction helps a lot for large pulls and hard hitting enemies (like Planar mobs or pesky rogues in PVP). Also, the Arcane Ability A. Buffs your already amazing stats, B. Buffs your parties stats (great for PVP clashes/All PVE situations). His passive abilities can't be ignored either, he's definitely one of the hardest and fastest attacking pets, with the chance to "set your enemies on fire" causing DoT damage, and the chance to reduce armor (great for VSing tanks/rogues with high armor).

Samael - I briefly tried him on the test server, leveled him to level 15, from what I saw, I'd say he's more of a rogue pet because of his very high crit bonus and great mana regen (both things that aren't essential to the mage class). While his stun on AA is good and everything, I wouldn't pay more money for a pet that reduces all stats except Critical amd has 100% chance to stun on AA (whilst Singe has 75% chance).

according to what u said....i think singe is better with your explanations and from sam i like his regen and stun. I dont know about singe but singe's mechanism is quite different as per ssam's, in the stunning way. Singe's chances are more likely to stun 60% than 75% especialy when the enemy/mob is under already some effect which is under its mechanism. However I am still locked onto sam.

Keep it comin guyz.

Ravager
01-11-2015, 01:48 AM
If you want to PVE only, Singe is a good option. If you want to do both, go for Samael. Singe has a large AOE and hp buff which is good for PVE. Singe's basic damage is weak though since the damage is spread (even if it only hits 1 person/mob). A Samael mage in PVP is much more competitive than a Singe mage.

Rx8
01-11-2015, 01:50 AM
If you want to PVE only, Singe is a good option. If you want to do both, go for Samael. Singe has a large AOE and hp buff which is good for PVE. Singe's basic damage is weak though since the damage is spread (even if it only hits 1 person/mob). A Samael mage in PVP is much more competitive than a Singe mage.

thanks!

siddhant
01-11-2015, 01:52 AM
singe is better for mages because of its buff and its great amt of health where as sam is good for rouges cauz of its crit

Remarked
01-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Endgame wise samael
twink wise Singe

Kriticality
01-11-2015, 02:33 AM
Sam is wonderful. It's difficult to explain until you play with him. I wasn't so impressed until maybe level 20 or 30. His passive health AND mana regen is awesome. Let's not forget in PVE, he also has a 10% chance to banish. With elite mobs, he can and definitely does banish more than one enemy at a time. Having at least one of each on your team in PVE or PVP is good. Having a full squad with sams feels like there is an auto potion button being pushed. Yes that's an exaggeration, but not really. Sam is the more expensive but I remember at halloween I sold a singe for 14m and the price is same or more now. He's one of the pets that even with a saturation of arcanes has held his value or gained value. This is not by accident. He's a great pet. I play rogue so sam is a no brainer to me. I agree with remarked above me. Hard to beat sam at end game unless you have sns. Singe, while formidable, is not quite as good. I have problems with sam users at end game in pvp as everyone does. He has a 30% chance to slow for passive ability and 10% chance to panic (slags aa although less) as part of his passive. He's worth every penny of that 20M you'll pay imo.

Rx8
01-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Sam is wonderful. It's difficult to explain until you play with him. I wasn't so impressed until maybe level 20 or 30. His passive health AND mana regen is awesome. Let's not forget in PVE, he also has a 10% chance to banish. With elite mobs, he can and definitely does banish more than one enemy at a time. Having at least one of each on your team in PVE or PVP is good. Having a full squad with sams feels like there is an auto potion button being pushed. Yes that's an exaggeration, but not really. Sam is the more expensive but I remember at halloween I sold a singe for 14m and the price is same or more now. He's one of the pets that even with a saturation of arcanes has held his value or gained value. This is not by accident. He's a great pet. I play rogue so sam is a no brainer to me. I agree with remarked above me. Hard to beat sam at end game unless you have sns. Singe, while formidable, is not quite as good. I have problems with sam users at end game in pvp as everyone does. He has a 30% chance to slow for passive ability and 10% chance to panic (slags aa although less) as part of his passive. He's worth every penny of that 20M you'll pay imo.

banish doesnt work in pvp and doesnt work for any pet in pvp, those were cleared a long time ago(althought not such a long IMO). Yesterday my friend sent me a vid of Samael and i was impressed as he a perfect pet i am looking for. however, I still cannot assure myself if singe would really be worth of the 12-14m that i would pay. As in terms of Sam i wanna buy it. But then with many end-gamers i thought it would be best to hear their opinion too.

Kriticality
01-11-2015, 03:34 AM
Running thoughts together. Of course there's no banish in PVP. My opinion of the truth is Singe is worth his price and Sam is worth his. I would love to own both but I chose Sam. Sam has really been the king other than sns since his release. His rarity isn't keeping his price above singe, it's a real representation of his value. You'd be happy with either I'm sure. Singe seems to be slightly up in price and I'm POSITIVE that you could grab sam for sub 20 right now. It's a lot of gold to commit but I would recommend with my own bias as a user, that if you could only have one or the other, then Sam is a wonderful choice as a pet. Health regen is more than the mana regen which I think would be handy for a mage as well. My opinion is there are several pets that are either a close second depending on situation or a distant second, but almost all pets are behind sam. I did a lot of research before I bought and I'm confident I made a good choice. I'd say buy both, but buy sam first hehe.

Ssneakykills
01-11-2015, 06:09 AM
If you are on a budget for what's its worth I'd get a singe but if you plan to do pvp for than pve then maybe sameal is the better option

Energizeric
01-11-2015, 08:09 AM
What rav said is right, assuming we are talking about end game. For a twink mage, definitely singe is better as the stat bonus at such a low level is very OP.

ilikerice
01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Singe ftw