PDA

View Full Version : Regarding a recent public-made-glitch

LEVEL ONE
01-11-2015, 06:24 PM
A fellow forumer recently made a guide on how to perform the wall glitch.

His intentions with going public were nothing but good. He explained that he wanted the recent flood of scams to end. The scam being, that the person would supposedly tell the victim how to perform the said glitch for a large sum of gold, but then ran with the money instead. So the guide maker thought that the scams would end if all players knew about the glitch.

I do not however think he considered the following; between all the people who have seen the guide, there are bound to be some who see an opportunity in this. There have been many "watch-out-for-this-and-that-to-not-get-scammed" warnings on the forum before and a twist always followed. While the intentions of the person who wanted to prevent future scams are good, it turns out that the number of scams only increase, since not so many players are on the forum or read the warning. Scammers on the other hand get new ideas.

I know I am breaking some rules here, but I cannot in good consciousness stand idly by. What bothers me is STS's solution, or in this case the not-solution. Clearly the best way to prevent the scams is to fix the glitch, but we all know that is not going to happen anytime soon, so this does not really bother me as much. What bothers me is the moderation on the forum. As said above, the forum member's intentions were nothing but good and he clearly had no profit from it, in contrary he invested his time in order to reveal the glitch. Don't get me wrong though, I understand that the guide had to be removed for reasons mentioned above. But the person who made the guide surely didn't deserve what he received. I just hope that his sanction is not permanent.

In conclusion: the guide had to be removed. Moderator's actions have been rather rushed as he removed the guide, without any explanation in order to prevent such guides in the future. I think an explanation as to why not post such things would be far better than sanctioning a member as a warning to others.

Also, I walked into Balefort today and there were a lot of silly people ramming their heads against the corners of the wall. Not sure if I should find it funny or be concerned.

Mothwing
01-11-2015, 06:35 PM
But...people are bound to get scammed with or without the glitch. It's not like scamming has suddenly spiked just because a glitch was made public. In fact I bet it's gone down because everyone is in this "glitch daze" if you will. I personally enjoy it because it's times like this where the community comes together, even if it's unexpected. People are all of a sudden friendlier in PvP because everyone is having fun in Forest Manor.

Now I haven't been as active as I normally am so I'm not denying that there are people that will take advantage of this, but I think it's unfair to blame recent scamming on this glitch. If people have bad intentions, they will find a way to act on them, whether that be through a glitch or "yolasite." You're not going to fix the problem by removing the glitch, there will always be the "bad people" looking to manipulate people for their own benefit.

LEVEL ONE
01-11-2015, 07:01 PM
But...people are bound to get scammed with or without the glitch. It's not like scamming has suddenly spiked just because a glitch was made public. In fact I bet it's gone down because everyone is in this "glitch daze" if you will. I personally enjoy it because it's times like this where the community comes together, even if it's unexpected. People are all of a sudden friendlier in PvP because everyone is having fun in Forest Manor.

Now I haven't been as active as I normally am so I'm not denying that there are people that will take advantage of this, but I think it's unfair to blame recent scamming on this glitch. If people have bad intentions, they will find a way to act on them, whether that be through a glitch or "yolasite." You're not going to fix the problem by removing the glitch, there will always be the "bad people" looking to manipulate people for their own benefit.

That's once again a psychology debate. I will admit that I have not enough knowledge to fully support my theory, but I will definitely argue against your black and white theory of bad people (who always do bad things) on one side and good people (who always do good things) on the other. I think all people are capable of doing bad things when the circumstances are right and an opportunity presents itself.

Mothwing
01-11-2015, 07:06 PM
That's once again a psychology debate. I will admit that I have not enough knowledge to fully support my theory, but I will definitely argue against your black and white theory of bad people (who always do bad things) on one side and good people (who always do good things) on the other. I think all people are capable of doing bad things when the circumstances are right and an opportunity presents itself.

I'm not saying it's black and white. I'm saying if someone REALLY wants to scam someone, they will find a way to do it regardless of the restrictions you make. Some people play this game just to make money/buy items and socialize with other people. If a person is desperate and they really want money but don't care about getting banned, they will probably start going around looking for ways to scam people. If you shut down one way, they will just turn to another.

Suentous PO
01-11-2015, 07:12 PM
People were spamming "I'll pay 100k if you teach me" all the while the "guides" were up, so I doubt their effectiveness as some form of anti scamming. That goes to show there are far less forumers than regular players.

I'll agree that some of sts' reasoning is illogical or poorly communicated in this regard and with regards to things like name selling.
~ it's not condoned but it's not against the rules, but don't do it, unless you want to, but you shouldn't cuz it doesn't fit in a trade window, but go ahead if you want.
O. O

nun
01-11-2015, 08:38 PM
dis is actually vary good! me made 800k so far :D

tip: say: Sailing wall glich 100k!

iRandom
01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Also, I walked into Balefort today and there were a lot of silly people ramming their heads against the corners of the wall. Not sure if I should find it funny or be concerned.115944

Thats like walking into humania and not leaving scarred :0

programmed
01-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Thats like walking into humania and not leaving scarred :0

Speaking of humania apparently the glitch works there too. People are now doing their weird conversations while swimming way out in the water.

AppleNoob
01-11-2015, 11:22 PM
You guys know the spawn spot for tiny tombs, where you choose your team? I managed to get through the wall and glitch into the spawn spot. I had so many people leaving and rejoining believing I glitched during the spawn.

Epw
01-15-2015, 01:19 PM

"everyone is having fun in Forest Manor" - yes, especially me when i rush all of those ppl whilst they are trying to go through the wall.

Stevenmc
01-15-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't see why people care, the glitch is almost useless. "Hey I can waste my time to running against a wall for 10 minutes, just to stand in the black area of a map where there are no objectives, mobs, drops, ect. The only slight problem is pvp. It's not a big deal at all.

ideas
01-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Argh too many long posts...too lazy to read...must reach my bag of chips..

Schnitzel
01-15-2015, 11:15 PM
this explains why i walked to Fort Blackstone the other day, and saw nearly everyone outside the map...

Fao
01-16-2015, 01:09 AM
The only real problem I have with this glitch is that it distracts people from the actual game and what it was made for. Especially when I'm trying to sell something but no one is listening because all 20 of them are trying to glitch through the wall to the person saying I'll give you 10k if you can get me.

It's also an absolute waste of time imo. What are you gonna do when you glitch it finally? Nothing! Yay you've accomplished nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. (Wish I could post the picture of sponge bob saying no one cares, then end it with "that you did the glitch).

LEVEL ONE
01-16-2015, 01:24 AM
It's also an absolute waste of time imo. What are you gonna do when you glitch it finally? Nothing! Yay you've accomplished nothing. Absolutely NOTHING.

That is a weird mentality for someone playing this game. Or any game.

Game definition: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime.

NotYoCookiez
01-16-2015, 06:29 AM
I don't see why people care, the glitch is almost useless. "Hey I can waste my time to running against a wall for 10 minutes, just to stand in the black area of a map where there are no objectives, mobs, drops, ect. The only slight problem is pvp. It's not a big deal at all.

It's annoying in pvp. Not a slight problem, a big one. People just glitch into the wall and rush you when you least expect it and they just back into the wall where they are safe. On top of that they can spawn people who haven't entered the game.

Rodder
01-16-2015, 08:02 AM
It was fun when not many people knew how to do it, but now everyone does it and it's boring tbh.

Fao
01-16-2015, 08:25 AM
That is a weird mentality for someone playing this game. Or any game.

Game definition: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime.

I agree, but the game wasn't made for glitching a wall.

AppleNoob
01-16-2015, 01:14 PM
It's annoying in pvp. Not a slight problem, a big one. People just glitch into the wall and rush you when you least expect it and they just back into the wall where they are safe. On top of that they can spawn people who haven't entered the game.

I kill those people, then they make a hunt list because I stomp them back into the map when they try to glitch.

Jonathan Seaton
01-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Its just a glitch

Cavoc
01-16-2015, 03:06 PM
dis is actually vary good! me made 800k so far :D

tip: say: Sailing wall glich 100k!

Idk how to sail though.

Epw
01-16-2015, 03:47 PM
I kill those people, then they make a hunt list because I stomp them back into the map when they try to glitch.
"k hunted & ill farm you with my guild etc.." - those ppl always makes me smile :)

Seoratrek
01-16-2015, 08:01 PM
The developers are aware of the out of map glitch in the PvP maps and are working on fixing the issue. If you have specific questions or concerns, please direct them to Remiem. Thanks!