PDA

View Full Version : The addiction!!!!

Sheugokin
01-11-2015, 07:25 PM
So, I have been trying to "quit" playing PL but it just not happening (one can argue it's good or bad), but this game is so darn addictive. I began to analyze why this is so. I am sure many of my fellow forumers feel the same.

1. PvP- I mean come on, getting kills and then boasting your KDR is certainly rewarding. Plus, games are often very interesting, especially if played in CTF. (You guys remember the good 'ol Castle Keep Away times. Gawsh that was SO much fun with 10 people. So chaotic with mini skirmishes all over the map. Forest Fight is also extremely fun with RUSHING!!!! Hiding behind trees, and learn "how to tree." So many people rage when they see you "shoot through the tree." But once again, there is an enhanced version of Forest Fight- MUD MASH (I think this is the name of the map--It's the one that is Ancient Swamp themed.) This map is the epitome of FFA. Everyone joins knowing that it's an FFA atmosphere without this whole "go" nonsense.

2. Yo Fwends/Guidies- I feel like when I chill with my friends ig, it is like they are right next to me socializing. And honestly, if you meet the right people, you can trust them with anything. Ice, a great friend of mine, has borrowed my savage set MULTIPLE of times when it was worth 5 mil +. I was not an ounce scared. That is true friendship. Guilds-- Hmm. these things often cause a lot of distress with this guild war and everything. We trash Family and blah blah. But people are still nice. For example, Quantionus commented my thread about bears/foxes without being rude. Guild wars are nothing besides claiming which is superior.
At the end of the day, it's a place to chill and talk with your friends (Reason why I left RM--No fwends to talk to :()

3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing. If you constantly get beat, teamed, spawned, or killed, you really have a lower interest in the game. (Me right now in League of Legends lol) Relief- another psychological thing. RL is tough, school, family problems, work, and etc. PL is so relaxing even though you are spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow lol.

4. PvE- No comment. I hate it, but for others, it is SO MUCH FUN. Such masochists :)

JK I understand, SOMEWHAT, of why people would like PvE.

Do you guys feel me? Empathy?

Giazagilur
01-11-2015, 07:31 PM
3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing.

Well talk about psychopathic killer :O
I'm kidding but I can definitely relate. It took me forever to finally pull away from pl and realize my priorities currently need my full commitment. Of course by pull away I mean take a small break, as I certainly agree pl is too addictive for the same reasons you stated, friends and pvp :)

Mess
01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm trying to quit since 2012,lol

nun
01-11-2015, 08:36 PM
me liek PeeVeePee cus i can tresh talk, troll, and rush ppl

tip: be shore to maek nub name so ppl dunt know ur real char :)

Promagin
01-11-2015, 10:02 PM
<3.

AppleNoob
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
What is sadder? Realizing you are addicted to PL and unable to quit, or realizing you are becoming addicted to PL and you can't stop playing.

iRandom
01-11-2015, 11:28 PM
What is sadder? Realizing you are addicted to PL and unable to quit, or realizing you are becoming addicted to PL and you can't stop playing.

i can see some troll saying

im looking at a sadder option

Armourslash
01-12-2015, 02:05 AM
I bet your probably adducted because you use money on the game, anyone who doesn't is less likely to be addictive.

Somemager
01-12-2015, 05:23 AM
I bet your probably adducted because you use money on the game, anyone who doesn't is less likely to be addictive.

Not true at all lol.

Ssneakykills
01-12-2015, 05:26 AM

People who don't spend plat have just as much fun even maybe more because they can do something without spending plat like others which makes them feel good

programmed
01-12-2015, 07:51 AM

False, I don't spend my money on the game and have still failed to quit several times now.

Laar
01-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Just give away all your gear. Since you've spent so much time and have been so commited to save up for so much expensive gear, you feel the urgency to play since you're just so rich.

Once you get rid of all your gear, you won't feel the longing of coming back to PL where you used to be so skilled and stacked.

Xionskull
01-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Just give away all your gear. Since you've spent so much time and have been so commited to save up for so much expensive gear, you feel the urgency to play since you're just so rich.

Once you get rid of all your gear, you won't feel the longing of coming back to PL where you used to be so skilled and stacked.

Even then, it is hard for some people. I was banned at one point and lost everything. I "quit" for a year, but you cannot really quit PL forever right? There seems to always be times where you must come back.

HeyitsTubs
01-12-2015, 08:30 AM
So, I have been trying to "quit" playing PL but it just not happening (one can argue it's good or bad), but this game is so darn addictive. I began to analyze why this is so. I am sure many of my fellow forumers feel the same.

1. PvP- I mean come on, getting kills and then boasting your KDR is certainly rewarding. Plus, games are often very interesting, especially if played in CTF. (You guys remember the good 'ol Castle Keep Away times. Gawsh that was SO much fun with 10 people. So chaotic with mini skirmishes all over the map. Forest Fight is also extremely fun with RUSHING!!!! Hiding behind trees, and learn "how to tree." So many people rage when they see you "shoot through the tree." But once again, there is an enhanced version of Forest Fight- MUD MASH (I think this is the name of the map--It's the one that is Ancient Swamp themed.) This map is the epitome of FFA. Everyone joins knowing that it's an FFA atmosphere without this whole "go" nonsense.

2. Yo Fwends/Guidies- I feel like when I chill with my friends ig, it is like they are right next to me socializing. And honestly, if you meet the right people, you can trust them with anything. Ice, a great friend of mine, has borrowed my savage set MULTIPLE of times when it was worth 5 mil +. I was not an ounce scared. That is true friendship. Guilds-- Hmm. these things often cause a lot of distress with this guild war and everything. We trash Family and blah blah. But people are still nice. For example, Quantionus commented my thread about bears/foxes without being rude. Guild wars are nothing besides claiming which is superior.
At the end of the day, it's a place to chill and talk with your friends (Reason why I left RM--No fwends to talk to :()

3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing. If you constantly get beat, teamed, spawned, or killed, you really have a lower interest in the game. (Me right now in League of Legends lol) Relief- another psychological thing. RL is tough, school, family problems, work, and etc. PL is so relaxing even though you are spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow lol.

4. PvE- No comment. I hate it, but for others, it is SO MUCH FUN. Such masochists :)

i feel the same way 100% whenever im not playing pl, i simply feel bored to death...

Laar
01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Even then, it is hard for some people. I was banned at one point and lost everything. I "quit" for a year, but you cannot really quit PL forever right? There seems to always be times where you must come back.
Most likely it's because you don't play PC games. If you're a fan of MMOs and you don't play PC games, you really can only dab around your phone. Nothing against STG, but you can really tell the distinction of quality between STG games and those PC games like World of Warcraft or League of Legends.

The majority of players who play STG games are players who don't have access to a PC, so a mobile MMO is the next best thing. If you can't play on a PC, it makes sense as to why it becomes hard to quit any mobile game.

Xionskull
01-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Yeah I get what your saying... I know that for a lot people, who live in countries where it would generally be harder to get a hold of a good PC, mobile MMOs are a favored alternative. For me personally, I enjoy games where hardcore players and non-hardcore players can both exercise their desired playing style at the same time. For example, I could log in and get a free daily elixir and level for 5 mins with players who have been playing nonstop all night on 3x combos. I can easily pick and chose how I want to play, when I want to play, how long I want to play, and where I want to play. It would not be ideal for me to lug a alienware PC to work, but to bring my phone, thats a no brainer. But yes, I do have access to a PC, I most recently tested out EQ next in beta, but mostly I just really enjoy the dynamics of PL. I totally see what your saying, and that's definitely a valid point.

quantionus
01-12-2015, 01:50 PM
remove the application , start watching tv or eating. You will suddenly forget PL. It's how i quit. If you ask me why i am back , i just missed a few friends and now playing again.

Armourslash
01-12-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to quit since 2012,lol

2012 PL was awesome...

anahadaz
01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
remove the application , start watching tv or eating. You will suddenly forget PL. It's how i quit. If you ask me why i am back , i just missed a few friends and now playing again.

So we should quit this addiction and gain two new ones?

Sheugokin
01-12-2015, 04:46 PM
So we should quit this addiction and gain two new ones?

Lol that was what I was thinking....

NotYoCookiez
01-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Most likely it's because you don't play PC games. If you're a fan of MMOs and you don't play PC games, you really can only dab around your phone. Nothing against STG, but you can really tell the distinction of quality between STG games and those PC games like World of Warcraft or League of Legends.

The majority of players who play STG games are players who don't have access to a PC, so a mobile MMO is the next best thing. If you can't play on a PC, it makes sense as to why it becomes hard to quit any mobile game.

even thought this game is no where near as complex as a PC game, this game is just realllllly easy to open and play. Literally takes 1 touch of a finger and it opens a virtually world in the palm of your hand within a minute or less. Lots of people always have their phone or handheld tech with them so its very easy to just log on a play.

XghostzX
01-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Preach it, Sheu!

Befs
01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
I've been trying to quit since 2011 and soon I hope I can just stop if I'm to really get my schoolwork together:upset:

Sheugokin
01-12-2015, 05:30 PM
I've been trying to quit since 2011 and soon I hope I can just stop if I'm to really get my schoolwork together:upset:

If you were Asian, you won't have dat prob. Let me help u w/ dat.

You got to just......ASK QUESTIONS IN CLASS! :) If you already do, ask some more!

Xyzther
01-12-2015, 08:21 PM

#4 :smile:

Armourslash
01-13-2015, 03:12 PM

Well you could just be inactive until the holidays arrive.

Ssneakykills
01-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Well you could just be inactive until the holidays arrive.

Easier said then done trust me

HeyitsTubs
01-14-2015, 08:31 AM
u would get bored in like 2 days, and then you'll be back in pl. Thats how the addiction works lol!

bearuang
01-14-2015, 11:21 AM
say thanks to all ppl, who kills u rush u and team u, they made u a reason to play again

Epw
01-14-2015, 01:12 PM

"spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow" - #THUGLIFE, i feel you! :)

Jhawkeye
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
I quit at least once a week. When I lost my esb 8 months ago I swore I'd never come back, next thing you know I'm in Balefort buying stuff and buying 2k plat. PL just wont let me go

Sheugokin
01-14-2015, 06:06 PM
I quit at least once a week. When I lost my esb 8 months ago I swore I'd never come back, next thing you know I'm in Balefort buying stuff and buying 2k plat. PL just wont let me go

I am s sorry for your loss (sounds like someone just died....I mean there is, if you count ESB as a person). Hopefully that scammer will be reported and banned.

But lol at dat 2k plat. IT SUCKS U IN!

Roachroyale
01-14-2015, 10:44 PM
#5. Get outside the balefort wall.

Sheugokin
01-14-2015, 11:43 PM
#5. Get outside the balefort wall.

Or forest manor. So fun!

anahadaz
01-15-2015, 03:23 AM
Or forest manor. So fun!

It was fun, but now it's kinda ruining pvp.

GRIZZY
01-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Nicotine patches won't save you. I've tried the first 12 times I "quit"