PDA

View Full Version : not quite new player........

skavenger216
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi! I've been playing PL for a couple weeks now, figured its time I registered on the forums. I was/am an avid WoW player (80mage, skavengr, on burning blade), so I have been able to pick up PL pretty easily. If anyone wants to add me I have a lvl 55 tank bear, skavengr, and a lvl 17 mage, Alameina. So far people have been nothing but kind, much better community here than in WoW, imo. Thanks to anyone who may be reading this who has helped since I started playing, it is much appreciated.

Major
02-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the community, ask any questions that you have!!

icantgetkills
02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
hay hay hay ^.^ i played wow once it just ate my time so i moved to PL im on leave atm until blackstar though been playing for almost a year (since release) ^.^

DawnInfinity
02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forums! Feel free to add me in-game, DawnInfinity is my main. :)

skavenger216
03-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Will do DawnInfinity. :)

In another amazing act of kindness, an enchantress by the name of cerealbomber (not sure if they are on the forums) gave me a full rift set a little bit ago. Didn't even ask for it or anything, they just gave it to me after a stronghold run.

This brings me to my first question for you guys/gals. How does the l50 rift set compare to dome of the higher end l55 gear? I'd imagine the l55 stuff would be better, but ppl in-game have been telling me otherwise. I'll be hitting 55 very soon (1500 exp away!) and it would be nice to know what the best end-game gear for a tank is.

Thanks again to everyone.

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Welcome! :)

Be sure to check out the class specific sections for guides, there are really amazing player made guides out there. :)

DontNerfMeBro
03-01-2011, 04:25 AM
hay hay hay ^.^ i played wow once it just ate my time so i moved to PL im on leave atm until blackstar though been playing for almost a year (since release) ^.^

Yeah. WoW took up too much of my time too.. So what did I do? Started playing a game that is even MORE universally available! lol go figure. ;P

StRoDo
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I totally agree with Skavenger this community is so much nicer than ones in games I've played in the past. It's nice to have found something so great and so accessible at the same time.

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM
To answer your question, yes the 55 gear are better. But people tend to say otherwise since the cost for obtaining the new gear (farming/buying one) is more than the benefit you get from actually using the gear.

I would still aim for the top tier 55 gear, but in the mean time the different types of 51-55 gear should suffice.

superss
03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
welcome!!!!!!!!

Riccits
03-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Hi! I've been playing PL for a couple weeks now, figured its time I registered on the forums. I was/am an avid WoW player (80mage, skavengr, on burning blade), so I have been able to pick up PL pretty easily. If anyone wants to add me I have a lvl 55 tank bear, skavengr, and a lvl 17 mage, Alameina. So far people have been nothing but kind, much better community here than in WoW, imo. Thanks to anyone who may be reading this who has helped since I started playing, it is much appreciated.

i dont now much about WoW. just curious, what means ur a 80mage? what its better and worser on PL than WoW? is it Worth to begin WoW? i mean if u ever be able to reach the endgame levels?
feel free to tell me something about ur experiences :)

Wrap
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Sweet! Welcome to Pocket Legends...Add me in-game, Wrap

Hope to see you around =D

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:36 PM
A person who established a main in a couple weeks. Nice :D If you wanna get into PvP my Workshop is linked to my sig. You're welcome at any time!

skavenger216
03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
i dont now much about WoW. just curious, what means ur a 80mage? what its better and worser on PL than WoW? is it Worth to begin WoW? i mean if u ever be able to reach the endgame levels?
feel free to tell me something about ur experiences :)

I doubt the devs want us talking about another devs product on their forums lol, but when I quit playing WoW 80 was the level cap. A new expansion recently came out, that I was planning on getting until I found PL :D , that increased the cap to 85.

I have replaced my rift gear with l55 purples, now I'm working on getting some pinks, they are just so expensive though. I've been running sewers dungeons hoping to get some to drop, and all I've had drop so far for me is 3 of the l55 mega mage pieces lmao. I would sell them and buy stuff for my main, but I kinda want to hold on to them for my mage. I swear ill get her to 55 someday :D

Riccits
03-03-2011, 03:46 AM
there are many threads about other mobile mmos wich devs allowed to discuss and WoW isnt a concurrent product.
just wanna know a bit about WoW :)

Fyrce
03-03-2011, 04:56 AM
You can totally mix and match the new L51-L55 pieces. I don't go full pink. I usually use 1-2 pinks and the rest other rarities for the desired stats. For my 54s, I've moved to the new gear. I think my 51 might still be in shadow gear.