PDA

View Full Version : 83k xp for 56

SgtOVERKILL
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I think getting 83k on sewers is repetitive and boring what if u could get 83k from everyplace no body is gonna waste time on easy levels cuz they hardly give xp and i would enjoy it more myself if i played where i want and still got xp cuz if im wasting a day or two on one place im not gonna wanna play as frequent

Pharcyde
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Well.. the point is to play the sewers. if you could get lvl 56 in forest haven, then isn't that just as easy and repetitive?

SgtOVERKILL
02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Well i would enjoy if we could farm elites and lvls above ao1

Pharcyde
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Well then 56 would be too fast. It is meant to be a grinder level, not like you are level 56 and trying to get to level 60 for better gears. Nothings stopping you from farming ao1 or above, you just don't receive exp.

Royce
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
You don't need to reach 56 if you find BS boring (which baffles me, it's a great campaign). It meant to be an elite level. If you don't like the XP needed, just skip it and farm lower levels or do whatever you want. Once the cap is raised again, the XP needed for 56 will be reduced tenfold.

Pharcyde
02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm just curious if you will still need to get 86k exp after the level cap rise. That would confuse the hell out of me if I was a new player, level cap was 80 and suddenly it jumped from 5.5k exp to 86k at level 55-56?

Physiologic
02-28-2011, 08:09 PM
In other news, we've decided to make the level cap 56 instead of 55. There's a gentle slope to all the way to 55, but level 56 is going to require 10 times the normal xp amount. Content (quests/loot, etc.) will take you through level 55, but there will be one item for sale at level 56. Further content expansions will normalize the required xp between 55 to 56 using the new curve and have another spike at the last level + 1.

Let us know what you think!

-ALS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/exptable.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/oldcurve.jpg

Exponential* exp table, so projected exp from 55 to 56 would be 8384 or something like that (just take off the 0)

not hyperbolic :p Sorry, llong day at work.

Riccits
03-01-2011, 02:24 AM
i stopped using xp pots.. i just play through all maps in BS and dont really look at the xp.. we have enough time to reach 56. i would go crazy playing hideout again and again... nah...

sharken
03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
You know you have played too much, when you close your eyes and see the exact path through Bandit Hideout :)

Keohike
03-01-2011, 03:29 AM
lol omg lvl from 53 to 54 is so hard i think they sud make shadow cave give u exp for 53 to 54 i dont get y its hard and no exp for 53 and up yet crush keeper so easy and u can get exp from 52 and below

DontNerfMeBro
03-01-2011, 04:18 AM
I think getting 83k on sewers is repetitive and boring what if u could get 83k from everyplace no body is gonna waste time on easy levels cuz they hardly give xp and i would enjoy it more myself if i played where i want and still got xp cuz if im wasting a day or two on one place im not gonna wanna play as frequent

This is a copy of one of my previous posts located at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19153-Make-the-XP-needed-to-level-greater&p=204085#post204085

It's the age-old MMORPG player progression conundrum.

How do you provide enough content and depth for the most fervent players while empathizing with the casual players who feel left behind?

Unfortunately at the expense of the greater player community the typical solution for most MMORPG's to put the brakes on power progression is to increase the grind. I'm not saying developing a balanced game that appeals to most people is easy, but creating "grind" is a company's way of saying either, we can't afford to make it better, we're comfortable with the status quo, or most likely, we don't know how to make it better. It's a quick fix: if players are progressing too fast, make them do the same thing, over...and over...and over.

Personally, I felt like the stretch between 50-51 took so long at times I felt like my exp was going backwards!

I understand what you mean when you say it should have taken longer to progress because its less satisfying if it seems easy. Keep in mind, you're creating the grind.

If there was a better way to document/link/mention a "repost" feel free to blast me about it. :P

Luchta
03-01-2011, 04:31 AM
i stopped using xp pots.. i just play through all maps in BS and dont really look at the xp.. we have enough time to reach 56. i would go crazy playing hideout again and again... nah...

The last time we grouped was the last time I stopped buying elixirs. If it took me a few hundred runs in VL to get a sunblessed bow a few months back, I am guessing I would be wasting a few hundred thousand golds in xp pot leveling and realized later on that farming should be the priority at level 55 -not leveling to 56. Not a lot of people think that way. The crown does look good on a bird but I think I'd take my time as well.

Riccits
03-01-2011, 05:09 AM
The last time we grouped was the last time I stopped buying elixirs. If it took me a few hundred runs in VL to get a sunblessed bow a few months back, I am guessing I would be wasting a few hundred thousand golds in xp pot leveling and realized later on that farming should be the priority at level 55 -not leveling to 56. Not a lot of people think that way. The crown does look good on a bird but I think I'd take my time as well.

yeah, the crown looks very good, but when we are to fast we are bored soon...

DontNerfMeBro
03-01-2011, 05:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/exptable.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/oldcurve.jpg

Exponential* exp table, so projected exp from 55 to 56 would be 8384 or something like that (just take off the 0)

not hyperbolic :p Sorry, llong day at work.

Physiologic...He's like Yoda, Buddah, Ghandi, and Einstein...I'd love to see him with a dose of Stalin.

GoofyYno
03-01-2011, 06:53 AM

I agree. They have it set up right for leveling. Not everyone should be at the top level- remember this is a journey, not a destination. Although, farming is boring due to the low drops, but I think that's another thread also;)

superglut2
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Im looking forward to aoe town and guilds. I rly dont care about getting lvl 56.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
lol i was gonna pve twink at 51 for a while to get the BS pinks, but I guess I won't even need to disable exp XD

adwin
03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
lol omg lvl from 53 to 54 is so hard i think they sud make shadow cave give u exp for 53 to 54 i dont get y its hard and no exp for 53 and up yet crush keeper so easy and u can get exp from 52 and below

You don't feel the difference if you're in a good, well-skilled group. Everyone knows what to do and you level fast.
If you have like-levelled friends with whom you're used to playing, invite them or join their games.
That is what I did. There's a player I use to play a lot with, since we make a good team. He/she's a bear, and we time our pull/shatter scream combo very well. We rarely miss. Mages take down the few mob that didn't fall during that combo. See? Basically 1-hit/combo kill.
For BS or specifically hideout, I would recommend 1 bear, 1 mage and 3 archers. It will be a breeze.
If you can spare the gold, xp pots help a lot.

rocket
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

I agree 100%. What is the point of skipping the bosses on the level in a rush to get level 56? You are just going to have to replay the same maps over and over again once you reach 56 to get the new equipment drops. (Unless you are rich and can just afford to buy what you need from the CS.)

I understand the initial charge of players trying to be the first level 56 player, but now it does not seem worth it.

Tour
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Here's something I wonder about.

Say you're 56, and they increase the level cap to 60. Now, level 55-56 takes ~8,700 EXP instead of 83k. Does the difference of EXP we grinded go towards those new levels or do we just eat the EXP we grinded for the cause of "Achieving the Elite level" and start at level 56?

Hrm.....

Physiologic
03-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Say you're 56, and they increase the level cap to 60. Now, level 55-56 takes ~8,700 EXP instead of 83k. Does the difference of EXP we grinded go towards those new levels or do we just eat the EXP we grinded for the cause of "Achieving the Elite level" and start at level 56?

Hrm.....

In the database, we store level and fraction to next level. So, if you're halfway through level 48 in 1.6, you'll be halfway through 48 in 1.7, but it may just take you a little longer to get to 49.

-ALS

They'll most likely do the same thing like they have when they implemented the new exp curve.

Fyrce
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I think the 55 to 56 thing is working out well. At least now when you're farming, you can actually get xp rather than 0 xp.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Once the cap is raised again, the XP needed for 56 will be reduced tenfold.

Really??

/10

Riccits
03-02-2011, 02:47 AM

Hrm.....

when i did understand u right this is the answer:
when the level cap raises to 60 (61), and u have ur char at lvl 55 with f.e. 50k XP (of 83k) it will be converted to 5k XP (of 8,3k) at the day of the cap raise.

Luchta
03-02-2011, 03:43 AM
The more I see that there is no use to buy elixirs. When people in the hideout ask me why I'm not on elixirs, I only say that I'm off the juice for now.