PDA

View Full Version : Int

Leiver
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi all

I'm fairly new to the game. My Mage is at level 26 and I'm 100% int but I've been wondering, since when fighting in groups I rarely even use my normal attack and tend just to go with constant use of AoE spells as they do much more damage I'm starting to wonder why I'm bothering with int at all

Is it worthwhile switching to str or dex so I can wear gear with better armour?

Also what actual effect does int/str/dex have on my actual stats?

Any help is much appreciated as always

Daz

Royce
02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Int mages do tons more damage with their skills than pallys or dex mages so I'm not sure I understand your question. As for exactly how different attributes affect your stats, look here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17295-Enchantress-Attributes-Guide-(Table-Format)
But note the one major thing not listed in that data is the stat driven skill effect, whereby your skill damage (and heal effectiveness) is directly increased by Int.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't listen to anyone else more than Royce, especially about his favourite character type :p

WhoIsThis
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
If I understand what you are saying - I think you misunderstand the mechanics.

Int is what causes your AOE to be powerful. If you switch to dex or str you will lose your a lot of your AOE power. All 3 skills boost normal attack, including your int. (Dex boosts normal attack the most, followed by int, and strength the least). However, for a mage, int is what boosts your spell power.

Conclusion: If you like powerful spells (including heal), stay with int and put every spare point into int. Just be careful as you move into the higher levels - there are tradeoffs to be made in terms of durability.

Major
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Pure int all the way....Royce your the man!

Leiver
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your responses. I clearly did misunderstand the mechanics of it as I see a skill offering (for example) 86-170 damage at level 6 I can only presume this isn't influenced by int. I now understand that it is!