PDA

View Full Version : Pvp staking!

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 02:48 AM
I believe this new addition to pvp would be very fun.

You could make it to where the 2 players wanting to stake could request each other and it would pull up a "staking screen" in which players could then add money and or items, then also pick the rules of the fight, like no armor or no weapons or no movement or no rings...you get the idea.

I know on other games that allow this have a huge outcome in players participating and I believe would be a amazing addition to pl and give it that extra edge!

With the lack of updates and new content I believe this would be amazing :)

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 02:53 AM
STS could also make it where each player has to pay 10 plat or so per each stake fight...could you imagine how much plat STS would sell?

HeyitsTubs
01-13-2015, 08:32 AM
i agree with that!! Great idea!

bosstinytitan
01-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Great idea!

Ssneakykills
01-13-2015, 10:40 AM
This sort of concept has already been suggested. Do you mean the winner wins a item? If so stay don't condone gambling which is kinda silly when al has a system of luck when opening locked crates

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 10:47 AM
This sort of concept has already been suggested. Do you mean the winner wins a item? If so stay don't condone gambling which is kinda silly when al has a system of luck when opening locked crates

Yea you both enter the staking screen and select the fight rules, then you wager on the fight like 100k each or what ever you decide on..then you fight with the rules you selected then the winner gets what ever was "staked" or bet.

HeyitsTubs
01-13-2015, 10:56 AM
this would be a great addition to the game. So far pl pvp was simply:

1. Click on map
2. Click on join game
3. Play

Thats it.

This is a great idea and i think should be implemented to the game!

Mess
01-13-2015, 12:35 PM
This plus white dragon event would be sweet.

I like the idea!

Ssneakykills
01-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Yea you both enter the staking screen and select the fight rules, then you wager on the fight like 100k each or what ever you decide on..then you fight with the rules you selected then the winner gets what ever was "staked" or bet.

I do really like this idea but you know what they are like with adding new stuff to pocket legends. We should have a wish list of 3 things we want in pl in a year such as

1.) pvp staking
2.) New vanity shield drop
3.) new ctf map

I'd like your idea implemented tho and I'd love to see the people who say bet me 10mil 1vs1 to actually do it

Also should only be allowed to put 10mil and less like the normal trade window

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
I do really like this idea but you know what they are like with adding new stuff to pocket legends. We should have a wish list of 3 things we want in pl in a year such as

1.) pvp staking
2.) New vanity shield drop
3.) new ctf map

I'd like your idea implemented tho and I'd love to see the people who say bet me 10mil 1vs1 to actually do it

Also should only be allowed to put 10mil and less like the normal trade window

And if they are worried some players would loose all their stuff and quit I know of a solution...so this isn't purely based on cleaning others players out of all gold and items they could implement a LIMIT on the amount if gold they could stake per day, this is about just about the fun factor of staking and would drive people to learn pvp in its truest form and learn how to fight certain toons different ways for different staking rules.

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 01:28 PM
This plus white dragon event would be sweet.

I like the idea!

I actually recommend white dragon months ago to seor in game and didn't get a reply but everyone liked the idea when I said in general chat I guess it's hard for them to see everything sometimes...but I'm glad someone took it to the forms :) don't useally recommend stuff as I feel my voice is never heard.

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 01:39 PM
They can also add a ranking system that would drive players to be in the leader boards on staking k/d ratio

Draebatad
01-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Excellent Suggestion!

Dryraindrops
01-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the support

HeyitsTubs
01-13-2015, 05:24 PM
no prob, anytime

Iilhopeliliil
01-14-2015, 01:45 AM
I like how this works lmao

Rodder
01-14-2015, 08:06 AM
This would bring more people to pvp. Might make more people join fam, which means more people to kill, I like it.

HeyitsTubs
01-14-2015, 08:11 AM
yeah and in sts's perspective, more money for them!

Guardian!
01-14-2015, 08:49 AM
1. Copy of Runescape staking system
2. Would make people quit that lose all their money when doing this
3. Hard to implement

Dryraindrops
01-14-2015, 12:26 PM
1. Copy of Runescape staking system
2. Would make people quit that lose all their money when doing this
3. Hard to implement

1) similar..but how many ppl stake on rs? TONS!

2) hence the LIMIT , also people wouldn't just quit lol they would buy plat an farm or atleast I would. Even without plat plasma pyramid takes no time to make 50k

3) how is it hard? Lol put a 10-100k limit and BAM.

This is just about the fun factor lets remember that.

Also with your player selected rules..this would "balance" the fights like everyone has
Been crying about.

New update and pvp balance all in one.

Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Guardian!
01-15-2015, 01:41 AM
These fights are pretty hard to balance, taking gear off is not a solution. Im not sure how u planned this to be balanced. But also. You have to see that PL is a much much smaller game than RS. PL doesnt have any players to lose. We're talking abouf 500-1500 active players versus 100000 active players. Usually people dont quit after staking money, but if PL loses, 5-10-30. Active players, its a quite big thing. Theres lots and lots of good suggestions that were really easy to make in 2014, and which couldve fit PL perectly, which were quite obvious to be made, but STS never did them. This is a quite hard thing to make and I never see this happening... Not even in AL, I think. I personally dont support this idea too just because of the small population, you literally know 50% of the active players yourself. In a bigger game like RS its cool I guess, and I wouldnt mind staking there.

HeyitsTubs
01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
hey, dryraindrops, did u contact support with the ideas yet? What did they say?

Dryraindrops
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM
These fights are pretty hard to balance, taking gear off is not a solution. Im not sure how u planned this to be balanced. But also. You have to see that PL is a much much smaller game than RS. PL doesnt have any players to lose. We're talking abouf 500-1500 active players versus 100000 active players. Usually people dont quit after staking money, but if PL loses, 5-10-30. Active players, its a quite big thing. Theres lots and lots of good suggestions that were really easy to make in 2014, and which couldve fit PL perectly, which were quite obvious to be made, but STS never did them. This is a quite hard thing to make and I never see this happening... Not even in AL, I think. I personally dont support this idea too just because of the small population, you literally know 50% of the active players yourself. In a bigger game like RS its cool I guess, and I wouldnt mind staking there.

As I've said before several times..there could be a limit..jus because ppl could stake don't think everyone is gonna go bet everything they own on a fight lol..and yes pvp balance ppl complaint about the ring and savage armor being op..just simply turn off rings and armor...

Dryraindrops
01-15-2015, 12:58 PM
hey, dryraindrops, did u contact support with the ideas yet? What did they say?

They said they would forward the idea
To the developers. For me to also post the idea here

Iilhopeliliil
01-15-2015, 05:15 PM

This pvp staking thing is to reduce the number of active players leaving -duh

Rodder
01-15-2015, 07:10 PM
What's the point of putting a staking system if there will be a 100k limit, that's low. If they were to add this make the limit a gold cap. If people are too cocky and lose all their money well too bad for them.

TrapazoidsPl
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
I believe this new addition to pvp would be very fun.

You could make it to where the 2 players wanting to stake could request each other and it would pull up a "staking screen" in which players could then add money and or items, then also pick the rules of the fight, like no armor or no weapons or no movement or no rings...you get the idea.

I know on other games that allow this have a huge outcome in players participating and I believe would be a amazing addition to pl and give it that extra edge!

With the lack of updates and new content I believe this would be amazing :)

I think this is a great idea :) Keep that up man. They should add in a new townie just for it.

Dryraindrops
01-16-2015, 03:01 PM
I think this is a great idea :) Keep that up man. They should add in a new townie just for it.

Yea I agree and could even add a quest you have to do to find "the lost gladiator" or something lol then after you complete it, it takes you to His home town which has a arena you can stake in :) lol idk just spitballing

Etarbitrev
01-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Just another thing I thought I'd throw in the mix. They should make a map & it should be like 16-18m wide. Full circle. No obstacles. & a total free for all. You can't join a team. 6 players allowed to join.
Then, this map could be used for the staked duels. *I think many ppl that ik would also use this as normal duel map too*

The only problem with the duel in the desert map is that it only goes to 5, you can be spawned & its a stupidly big map.

Whereas if they made one of these types of maps, spawn locations could be an "outer map" ring around the PvP map.
Sort of like a gladiator's arena in a colloseum or something haha. Maybe that could be the design idk.
What I mean by this is, like the current forest manor glitch, however it should be a no entry zone. Where you can only leave & not join.

This would prevent spawning & boosters.

Dryraindrops
01-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Just another thing I thought I'd throw in the mix. They should make a map & it should be like 16-18m wide. Full circle. No obstacles. & a total free for all. You can't join a team. 6 players allowed to join.
Then, this map could be used for the staked duels. *I think many ppl that ik would also use this as normal duel map too*

The only problem with the duel in the desert map is that it only goes to 5, you can be spawned & its a stupidly big map.

Whereas if they made one of these types of maps, spawn locations could be an "outer map" ring around the PvP map.
Sort of like a gladiator's arena in a colloseum or something haha. Maybe that could be the design idk.
What I mean by this is, like the current forest manor glitch, however it should be a no entry zone. Where you can only leave & not join.

This would prevent spawning & boosters.

Well in the player selected rules you could pick

No movement - which places each player 1 step in fount of each other

Or

No obstacles- open rectangle map

Etarbitrev
01-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Yea, this is just my opinion, but I dont think it'd be good if it was entirely RS based. RS can afford to create a map that is purely for duels. PL can't.
Creating a map for duels & nothing else is verging on stupidity (no offense) because you aren't using its full potential.

& I was going to say, if STS really wanted to make a big deal out of this gladiator map etc they could, as mentioned before, make a townie "The Lost Gladiator" ( have a gladiator whos using his sword to stand up, just an idea ;) )

& create a new towne.

Instead of having a Lv req for the maps, how about a PvP/CTF Req?
& a way to solve the problem of toughness of mobs is same system as they use in xmas pve games.
Maybe at the end of the Chapt. Get a new achievement (Title too), or a vanity?
Honestly wouldn't be too hard to make the towne either, I think same sorta design as AO. Sandy, but instead of those buildings, make a colloseum or something along those lines.

Etarbitrev
01-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Or maybe even implement some of what the orher suggestions have said EG. ssneaky's idea about stars, or change the color of the name. This would satisfy everybody as far as I'm aware. PVE/PVP/CTF. Makes ppl have to do PVP CTF to unlock more. Therefore creating more activity in Pvp maps for a given amount of time (During this time they might actually like PvP & CTF & become regulars).

Dryraindrops
01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Staking would be its own thing..you request pick rules wager on fight accept then it takes you to a arena then you fight with the selected rules then winner gets the items and or money that was staked..

Maybe they could implimit it as far as a CFT map where teams of 3 bet on who would win a CTF game.

Seems like something to come after the regular staking as worked its bugs out I don't see STS adding both types if they even add one

Dryraindrops
01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Well today I have made a guild called "pvp stake" and i wasn't surprised at all that in just today I've middle man over 50m in stakes and also staked about 10m myself!

Most was sayin how amazing it was that there was so many ppl wanting to stake and it was all actually legit!

This was a test and yes I'm sure this would make pl very
Active again

Plus no one stakes everything they owned and quit the game.

If STS don't give us this update I'll still continue to run my guild!

And if you wanna join just pm

Dryraindrops or dryraindropzz

We mostly hang out and pick our stakes in shadow cave currently.

AppleNoob
01-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Well today I have made a guild called "pvp stake" and i wasn't surprised at all that in just today I've middle man over 50m in stakes and also staked about 10m myself!

Most was sayin how amazing it was that there was so many ppl wanting to stake and it was all actually legit!

Active again

Staking shall not make PL active again. This is what many people fail to realize. PL is not going to be active from a little addition such as staking. It will become active through str set nerf and new content.

tger
01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
i really need stacking

DivineMoustache
01-19-2015, 04:57 PM

Active again

actually one of my buddies iinewbieii apparently quit because he lost in a staking match just today lol

Dryraindrops
01-19-2015, 06:06 PM
actually one of my buddies iinewbieii apparently quit because he lost in a staking match just today lol

Ouch..sorry for your loss..ofcorse there will be a few they don't know their limits but should be very minimal.

Seoratrek
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
This is a reminder to keep the discussion on topic and friendly. Thanks! :)

Jhawkeye
01-20-2015, 06:42 PM
+1. And regarding people who quit because of staking. This is normally because they don't stop at their limit. Just like people who merch and lose all their money, or can't get a drop. They quit because they can't do it or just give up. This can even be related to AL where people quit because they spent too much money opening crates and don't get a good drop. People will quit regardless. With new ideas implemented, such as this one, you will bring people to PL, old players and new. And those who quit due to losgin money will hopefully come around to realise they shouldn't have quit, and if they don't they can be missed, but at least we're drawing in 5 more for every 1 that quits.

Rodder
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
First people want a nerf (you), then some people want to unnerf (you again?), and others (me) don't want to change. You just can't make everybody happy. You can at least have a "gimmick" as you say that improves some part of the game for pvpers

Staking can't really work well considering pvp takes more luck then skill, if there was a nerf staking would work so much better because bears could face mages and it wouldnt be assured that the bear wins.

Jhawkeye
01-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Staking can't really work well considering pvp takes more luck then skill, if there was a nerf staking would work so much better because bears could face mages and it wouldnt be assured that the bear wins.

I'd agree with you if I hadn't seen staking work so well already. People just have to have multiple characters

Seoratrek
01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Please keep the discussion on topic. As I'm sure most of you know already, the place to report problematic stuff in game is to Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com.

tHelonestud
01-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Totally read title as "PvP stalking" which I was very confused by.
First few posts cleared it up though, I could see this being added to AL. Good suggestion.

Dryraindrops
01-22-2015, 04:15 AM
Totally read title as "PvP stalking" which I was very confused by.
First few posts cleared it up though, I could see this being added to AL. Good suggestion.

Thanks for the support

Etarbitrev
01-22-2015, 07:57 AM
They can also add a ranking system that would drive players to be in the leader boards on staking k/d ratio & invertibrate is amazing

Love that idea, more competition & something to keep me (idk bout u guys) verrry amused. & hella activf

Dryraindrops
01-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Love that idea, more competition & something to keep me (idk bout u guys) verrry amused. & hella activf

So many want this lets see if STS listens to its players :)

HeyitsTubs
01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
lets hope! Let us know what they think!

AppleNoob
01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
So many want this lets see if STS listens to its players :)

Im not even going to bother.

Ssneakykills
01-22-2015, 12:18 PM
This will ever happen now if you read justgs post

Dryraindrops
01-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Im not even going to bother.

Lol no faith? :P

This will ever happen now if you read justgs post

Didn't ya momma teach you...never say never ;)

Dryraindrops
01-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Well I just read the owner posed no more updates for pl...this sad too see, they won't even give us the reused maps such as the winter feat and etc which to me says...thanks for your money guy! CYA!

I really wish I never invested time into a game company who abandons their paying customers...

They did mention a new game purely pvp baised..

I see staking being added into this game but will I play it? nahhhh prob not you know what they say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

AppleNoob
01-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Well I just read the owner posed no more updates for pl...this sad too see, they won't even give us the reused maps such as the winter feat and etc which to me says...thanks for your money guy! CYA!

I really wish I never invested time into a game company who abandons their paying customers...

They did mention a new game purely pvp baised..

I see staking being added into this game but will I play it? nahhhh prob not you know what they say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

You can't stake a MOBA -_-. ( or at least it is pointless to even bother)

Dryraindrops
01-22-2015, 05:10 PM
You can't stake a MOBA -_-. ( or at least it is pointless to even bother)

And the winner for, most depressive player goes to!

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive lol

AppleNoob
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
And the winner for, most depressive player goes to!

I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive lol

I have, however you didn't even have a forums account when I did.

HeyitsTubs
01-23-2015, 12:01 PM
lol... that is so true, appleNoob is full of negativities :P

On my LEVEL ONE contest entry he complained about my intellectually savy remark XD.

Anyways, all kidding aside, u are a good guy :)

AppleNoob
01-23-2015, 01:17 PM
lol... that is so true, appleNoob is full of negativities :P

On my LEVEL ONE contest entry he complained about my intellectually savy remark XD.

Anyways, all kidding aside, u are a good guy :)

You insulted me -_-.

HeyitsTubs
01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
im sorry if ive caused any hard feelings ^_^

Dryraindrops
01-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Let's keep It on topic :)

HeyitsTubs
01-25-2015, 08:20 AM
so, have u contacted devs? If so, what did they think?

Dryraindrops
01-25-2015, 07:42 PM
so, have u contacted devs? If so, what did they think?

I've already said what they said.

Also there is no more updates on PL anymore if you didn't see the post from the owner.