PDA

View Full Version : How does Gold Fever's "Fever" actually work?

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
I've just been confused with how his fever works.

Facts:

1. He passes you his "Fever", which is seen by the Celebrate emote on the character, and colorful !s coming out of player.

2. When he has a green orb, a certain chest in the room also has that green orb. This orb makes him invincible until the chest with the orb is destroyed.

3. If the Fever explodes and you and/or other players are in range, it gets passed on to you. (I've heard if a Mage heals the initial one with Fever, it doesn't spread. Idk though.)

So my questions are :

1. What dictates how much damage his Fever does?

On my bird/bear, if I get the Fever, sometimes it :

a) Total one shot, even when full hp.
b) Barely live, from full hp.
c) Just half of HP taken away.
d) Die in one shot, but a consecutive explosion still comes from my body even after death.

So I haven't really found an actual reason what makes the fever hit so hard/low.

Does it crit? Distance from the boss? Orbs being alive or not? (Though I've tried destroying chest before it explodes or leaving alive completely, same results).

Physiologic also had a thread showing that the Trash Can punch also means an instant one shot if you get the fever.

So does anyone know what actually needs to be done? I just hate getting aggro on my bird for that one second to get fever, and only to be one shot.

DawnInfinity
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Whenever I get the "fever" I run away from boss and group as quickly as possible. It seems to do less damage than being close to the group and boss. I'm not really sure though.

noobmigo
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I thought Hitting Orb Can sometimes heal fever.

Zeus
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
What I do, as the simplest strategy. Have ONE Tank in your team. Let him rush in and take Gold Fever. Wait a few seconds till he gains aggro and pins him. The Elfs and Archer's surround the tank just far enough so they aren't within the fever spread range but can still use MOST of their skills. Then... No need to worry about chest opening. The tank can easily tank the "Gold Fever" as long as it is not spread and he keeps him pinned. This is pretty easy to do. I have done it multiple times on my bear. It is also the most efficient.

BUT, here is my new theory for Gold Fever. It randomly heals ONE Person in the party with the Gold Fever once you break the chest. So... You need to SPREAD OUT when the "Gold Fever" proc hits. (Pick a Side, like you do in gurgox). Then take out the orb, let the one person be healed. The rest explode. This USUALLY does not get them killed. Resume fighting and repeat if needed.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Whenever I get the "fever" I run away from boss and group as quickly as possible. It seems to do less damage than being close to the group and boss. I'm not really sure though.

Thats what I thought too, but I've tried just running as far as I can from GF, nearly outside, and still get one shot/half HP/barely living. My first thing in mind is to run from group though.

I thought Hitting Orb Can sometimes heal fever.

I never tried it. Seems the orbs only work for removing its invincibility.

What I do, as the simplest strategy. Have ONE Tank in your team. Let him rush in and take Gold Fever. Wait a few seconds till he gains aggro and pins him. The Elfs and Archer's surround the tank just far enough so they aren't within the fever spread range but can still use MOST of their skills. Then... No need to worry about chest opening. The tank can easily tank the "Gold Fever" as long as it is not spread and he keeps him pinned. This is pretty easy to do. I have done it multiple times on my bear. It is also the most efficient.

BUT, here is my new theory for Gold Fever. It randomly heals ONE Person in the party with the Gold Fever once you break the chest. So... You need to SPREAD OUT when the "Gold Fever" proc hits. (Pick a Side, like you do in gurgox). Then take out the orb, let the one person be healed. The rest explode. This USUALLY does not get them killed. Resume fighting and repeat if needed.

Doesn't he get the orb by a certain time though? So you're forced to destroy them if you want to kill him?

By heal do you mean it removes the fever? Cause I've never seen a heal type thing happening from fever.

Physiologic
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Couple of things - I don't think the green orb'd chest makes him completely invincible because twice I've seen him down to low, low health, he turned on Gold Fever and had the green orb, and we killed him accidentally. So I think it just vastly increases his armor.

Pretty sure the Trash Can Punch is a huge glitch though, it makes no sense for players to waste 6k/12k gold like that.

It could be that his Gold Fever has a damage range much like all mobs/bosses do. I think I've seen a normal damage of 200-250 before, so if he crits you, you might live or you might die.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Couple of things - I don't think the green orb'd chest makes him completely invincible because twice I've seen him down to low, low health, he turned on Gold Fever and had the green orb, and we killed him accidentally. So I think it just vastly increases his armor.

Pretty sure the Trash Can Punch is a huge glitch though, it makes no sense for players to waste 6k/12k gold like that.

It could be that his Gold Fever has a damage range much like all mobs/bosses do. I think I've seen a normal damage of 200-250 before, so if he crits you, you might live or you might die.

Ah possible. Like Keeper's shield then?

I was just in a game when a pure str bear got one shot, and we saw an 800 popping out on top of him.

Kujen
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
I think it gets worse and does more damage each time it passes to someone. So one person gets it, infects another, then that person infects a third. It can keep passing, and you hear a faster ticking each time. This is usually the cause of party wipes ive seen. The second, third, etc degree of gold fever hurts a lot more

Physiologic
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Ah possible. Like Keeper's shield then?

I was just in a game when a pure str bear got one shot, and we saw an 800 popping out on top of him.

Yeah, I think how Keeper's/OL's shield and Gold Fever's green orb works is that even though damage is shown, a low % of that damage dealt is applied to the boss' health. So it might be 1% of whatever damage you're doing, as opposed to 0%.

And lol, that sucks! Is there a possibility of Gold Fever debuffing your armor through regular attacks?

Zeus
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Thats what I thought too, but I've tried just running as far as I can from GF, nearly outside, and still get one shot/half HP/barely living. My first thing in mind is to run from group though.

I never tried it. Seems the orbs only work for removing its invincibility.

Doesn't he get the orb by a certain time though? So you're forced to destroy them if you want to kill him?

By heal do you mean it removes the fever? Cause I've never seen a heal type thing happening from fever.

My bad, I forgot that the chests DO NOT heal the fever. They just remove his shield. So stick with my strategy and only destroy the shield if necessary. The orb has a time limit. It eventually goes away I believe. Also your AOE spells will likely kill the chest with the orb. If it can't, get the person nearest to the chest, destroy the orb WITHOUT spreading the fever. New theory. He spreads the fever. There is no way to cure it. You CAN STOP the fever though. You can achieve that by destroying the chest so he can't trasmit the fever anymore and spread out so existing teammates with the fever can't spread it either.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I think it gets worse and does more damage each time it passes to someone. So one person gets it, infects another, then that person infects a third. It can keep passing, and you hear a faster ticking each time. This is usually the cause of party wipes ive seen. The second, third, etc degree of gold fever hurts a lot more

Was about to say the opposite actually.

I always survive from a passed on fever, assuming I'm the only one in range that has it.

Though we've wiped on some people who are just careless in running into the group with one fever, and eventually everyone gets it and hardly separates.

What I notice the most is 2-3 tanks, one gets fever and it explodes passing it on to the rest of the tanks, and they don't move. Those 3 explosions definitely kill them.

noobmigo
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm so proud of the devs, they made a boss which people are still confused about how they work. Awesome. I can't wait for the next update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kujen
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
I usually survive when goldfever infects me first, or when someone else who got it from him runs into me. But when its been over three degrees, the bomb ticking noise is a lot faster and it tends to be a killer. People keep passing it on and it doesn't go away unless they stop running into each other.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I think how Keeper's/OL's shield and Gold Fever's green orb works is that even though damage is shown, a low % of that damage dealt is applied to the boss' health. So it might be 1% of whatever damage you're doing, as opposed to 0%.

And lol, that sucks! Is there a possibility of Gold Fever debuffing your armor through regular attacks?

Possible. Cause I've tried saving my Iron Blood on my bear for when I actually have fever, and it does the same with/without it. Probably ignore armour?

My bad, I forgot that the chests DO NOT heal the fever. They just remove his shield. So stick with my strategy and only destroy the shield if necessary. The orb has a time limit. It eventually goes away I believe. Also your AOE spells will likely kill the chest with the orb. If it can't, get the person nearest to the chest, destroy the orb WITHOUT spreading the fever. New theory. He spreads the fever. There is no way to cure it. You CAN STOP the fever though. You can achieve that by destroying the chest so he can't trasmit the fever anymore and spread out so existing teammates with the fever can't spread it either.

Ah, haven't noticed the orb going away, so that could work.

You mean he spreads the fever to random people? I usually get it on my bird since I get aggro on a damage pot, so I've been believing that he just gives the fever to the one who has aggro too.

Zeus
02-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Possible. Cause I've tried saving my Iron Blood on my bear for when I actually have fever, and it does the same with/without it. Probably ignore armour?

Ah, haven't noticed the orb going away, so that could work.

You mean he spreads the fever to random people? I usually get it on my bird since I get aggro on a damage pot, so I've been believing that he just gives the fever to the one who has aggro too.

He first passes it to the person with aggro. That is correct. The tank CAN hold aggro though, even with a damage pot on an archer. I do it all the time. You just need an ideal group to perfectly execute the strategy and kill Gold Fever efficiently.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:29 PM
He first passes it to the person with aggro. That is correct. The tank CAN hold aggro though, even with a damage pot on an archer. I do it all the time. You just need an ideal group to perfectly execute the strategy and kill Gold Fever efficiently.

That's true, a good tank is always better.

Sometimes the tank can't help but miss to keep aggro once in awhile though, which leads me to asking :)

Kossi
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
GOLD fever is hebron and goldhorde's worst nightmare

Zeus
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
That's true, a good tank is always better.

Sometimes the tank can't help but miss to keep aggro once in awhile though, which leads me to asking :)

That usually isn't a problem unless the said Bird is damage potting. -looks at Ellyidol-
What I do in those incidents is, if my taunt is in cooldown, beckon and hellscream. It immediately stunlocks the boss and grabs aggro back just as well as taunt.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:34 PM
That usually isn't a problem unless the said Bird is damage potting. -looks at Ellyidol-
What I do in those incidents is, if my taunt is in cooldown, beckon and hellscream. It immediately stunlocks the boss and grabs aggro back just as well as taunt.

Hey it's a cheap price to pay if it actually doubles your damage :D I do understand though, without a damage pot a bear can hold aggro easy (granted he's good and just that one bear), but if we're both on damage pot he can hold it easily too.

Moogerfooger
02-28-2011, 09:44 PM

Imho, agreed....I can usually withstand the one hit if I have aggro, but if someone piles on top of me while I have the fever, it seems that when the bomb goes off it does MASSIVE damage...something like maybe people being close to you and passing it on to them causes it to crit hit you.

I am not sure, I just know that my pretty sturdy bear easily takes the Fever hit whenever I am in the clear from other party members, but last night when playing with randoms, they kept piling on top of me while I had it while tanking. I got wiped instantly...not to mention the offending party members all got Fever and wiped themselves.

edit: It's possible I just took a bomb hit and then immediately a crit hit from Goldpants and I would've been hurting anyway...still, the party needlessly wiped themselves with Fever from piling on.

Ellyidol
02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
My bear and bird is cursed D:

hawkei
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
All I do is when I get fever is stay away from the other players. When I do that it takes down about 1/4 of my health. I believe the more people that are near you the more damage it will do. So I'm guessing if we all stood together e fever would 1 shot the group.
I have no idea why a player still has fever when he's dead. Maybe if he dies from affecting another player?

MITSUISUN
02-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Imho, agreed....I can usually withstand the one hit if I have aggro, but if someone piles on top of me while I have the fever, it seems that when the bomb goes off it does MASSIVE damage...something like maybe people being close to you and passing it on to them causes it to crit hit you.

I am not sure, I just know that my pretty sturdy bear easily takes the Fever hit whenever I am in the clear from other party members, but last night when playing with randoms, they kept piling on top of me while I had it while tanking. I got wiped instantly...not to mention the offending party members all got Fever and wiped themselves.

edit: It's possible I just took a bomb hit and then immediately a crit hit from Goldpants and I would've been hurting anyway...still, the party needlessly wiped themselves with Fever from piling on.

Agree what Moog stated, specifically regards to when people pile up on the person with !fever bomb. MASSIVE damage and, I wonder if it's somehow level related. (OR armor/hp related: do lv55 bear suffer 1 bomb hit death like bird do? or it's stated already that I miss read it)

Example #1: (lv55 w/ good armor matters ? )
4 lv55 birds Moog, Elar, Kujen & me, usually it's Moog and Elar with !fever bomb/agro, with or without red orb. They dont 1 hit die, or typically dont die, and rarely at all we have death cuz we know what to do etc.
When they get hit with bomb, it either 1) deplete 50% 2) deplete 70%, able to survive 1 additional hit from GF or health pot/heal from Attackelf back to normal. and we keep good distance / repluse shot to decrease chance to be hit too.

Example #2: (piles on top matters)
For reasons of: 1) increase pink drop rate 2) fun 3) cost Elar gold 4) delay Elar to LV56 5) Gllutony said it the moment I thought about to do it
I snuck up to Elar when he had !fever bomb, he died instantly the moment it went off, me 10% left, I health pot, ran away, survived bomb and, smiled.

Example #3: (distance matters)
I started to have some agro/!fever bomb when I got scrab bow and faster finger dancing. I dont die if i remember to pot:p and there was one time, GF and I were in the middle of the room, I got !fever and a hit or two, 50% or less health, cant move. Started running towards entrance with repluse shot to push, and with gang's repluse shot help too, by the time I reached entrance cave I potted to full health, and GF is still towards the other end of cave coming towards me, bomb went off, and only took 20%-25% of my full health, oppose to the typicall 50% to 70% HP depletion I get when have !fever in close/mid range distance.

Example#4: (skills matters)
Lv50-54 i typically would die instantly when with !bomb, maybe it's with combination of lower armor, bad health potting, piling on, staying next to GF or, just being stupid.

TwinkTastical
02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
It drops ya.

GoofyYno
03-01-2011, 07:08 AM
My bad, I forgot that the chests DO NOT heal the fever. They just remove his shield. .

Are we sure of this? I have had the fever, then destroyed the orbed chest, which resulted in fever going away.

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Are we sure of this? I have had the fever, then destroyed the orbed chest, which resulted in fever going away.

I'm quite sure this doesn't happen too.

I've tried having fever on my bird countless times, and when I spam all 3 shots to a chest (which overkills it), fever still retains. :(

Echelong
03-01-2011, 07:24 AM
From what I have experienced the more people the fever hits when explode the more damage it does. If it only hits 1 person most of the time he will survive. It has hit me and if I am alone I tend to survive with int gear 400hp and 102 armor using a staff. When the fever hits 2 or 3 people at the same time they will most likely die unless they are high on armor.

Riccits
03-01-2011, 07:30 AM

sometimes is really so! but not always, most cases not i would say.

Formora
03-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Agree what Moog stated, specifically regards to when people pile up on the person with !fever bomb. MASSIVE damage and, I wonder if it's somehow level related. (OR armor/hp related: do lv55 bear suffer 1 bomb hit death like bird do? or it's stated already that I miss read it)

Example #1: (lv55 w/ good armor matters ? )
4 lv55 birds Moog, Elar, Kujen & me, usually it's Moog and Elar with !fever bomb/agro, with or without red orb. They dont 1 hit die, or typically dont die, and rarely at all we have death cuz we know what to do etc.
When they get hit with bomb, it either 1) deplete 50% 2) deplete 70%, able to survive 1 additional hit from GF or health pot/heal from Attackelf back to normal. and we keep good distance / repluse shot to decrease chance to be hit too.

Example #2: (piles on top matters)
For reasons of: 1) increase pink drop rate 2) fun 3) cost Elar gold 4) delay Elar to LV56 5) Gllutony said it the moment I thought about to do it
I snuck up to Elar when he had !fever bomb, he died instantly the moment it went off, me 10% left, I health pot, ran away, survived bomb and, smiled.

Example #3: (distance matters)
I started to have some agro/!fever bomb when I got scrab bow and faster finger dancing. I dont die if i remember to pot:p and there was one time, GF and I were in the middle of the room, I got !fever and a hit or two, 50% or less health, cant move. Started running towards entrance with repluse shot to push, and with gang's repluse shot help too, by the time I reached entrance cave I potted to full health, and GF is still towards the other end of cave coming towards me, bomb went off, and only took 20%-25% of my full health, oppose to the typicall 50% to 70% HP depletion I get when have !fever in close/mid range distance.

Example#4: (skills matters)
Lv50-54 i typically would die instantly when with !bomb, maybe it's with combination of lower armor, bad health potting, piling on, staying next to GF or, just being stupid.

LOL. You made me waste so much gold! The whole team was thinking "die Elar" in their minds, and fire traps always got me when I was using 6k pots -.- I got 56 though... Eventually :)

We were a great team, hardly died to mobs/ boss (only to those darn fire traps). Well unless we were trying to kill someone on purpose of course (I won ;)) And gold fever could only get one bomb in before dying.

Here's what happens to me with gold fever :
- When I have the fever and someone is near me, I die most of the time.
- If I'm alone, usually I lose 25% health but sometimes it hits hard, maybe crit?
- When I'm in a team with moogiefoogie, mitsu, kujen and a mage I don't think any of us focus on breaking chests with orbs. Our aoe attacks usually take care of it.

Echelong
03-01-2011, 08:19 AM
LOL. You made me waste so much gold! The whole team was thinking "die Elar" in their minds, and fire traps always got me when I was using 6k pots -.- I got 56 though... Eventually :)

We were a great team, hardly died to mobs/ boss (only to those darn fire traps). Well unless we were trying to kill someone on purpose of course (I won ;)) And gold fever could only get one bomb in before dying.

Here's what happens to me with gold fever :
- When I have the fever and someone is near me, I die most of the time.
- If I'm alone, usually I lose 25% health but sometimes it hits hard, maybe crit?
- When I'm in a team with moogiefoogie, mitsu, kujen and a mage I don't think any of us focus on breaking chests with orbs. Our aoe attacks usually take care of it.

Yeah I noticed that. When I go to runs with you guys its just so fast I don't even think about the chests. On Saturday we where clocking the average runs at 3:45 and the potted one at 3:08 I think.

I also noticed the person that gets hit with the fever gets stunned most of the time.

Doubletime
03-01-2011, 08:41 AM
We had a party last night of 55s doing repeat Hideout runs (Kujen hope you finally made it to 56 -- you were really close when I left) and I'll just add my observations about the Fever. I am still not sure I quite understand all the mechanics of it, but I can at least add what I do know. Our party was made up of a pally, pure mage and three pure dex birds. We always cleared the board including Gold Fever before the xp pots expired.

When our pally was running with the only damage pot, we could clear the board and kill Gold Fever the fastest. The pally would take the initial aggro and stay in the corner with Gold Fever. The birds would spread out and and use our distance skills (basically everything except the screams). Our mage would spam heal and skill attack from a distance toward the back. The pally would be the only one with the fever and would never take more than a half damage explosion. The fever never spread and Gold Fever would go down before getting the green orb more than once. Taking down the chest never seemed to get rid of the fever, but the infected pally wasn't the one taking it out.

When I potted my bird in addition to the pally having the damage pot, it actaully slowed down the boss fight a little. However, we would still come in under the 5 minute xp pot expiration. What would happen is that the pally would get initial aggro, but it would switch to me if I opened up with a fast skill shot combo (break armor, blinding shot, blast shot, repulse shot). Once aggro switched to me, Gold Fever would immediately try and leave the corner and get to my bird. Also, I would be the one with the fever. Since we were all spread out, it wouldn't spread. The closer Gold Fever was to me at the time of the explosion, the more damage I would take (plus he is following up with hits). However, if I still never took more than a 70% hit to health and could quickly health pot back to full health. Taking out the chest didn't seem to cure my fever, but with multiple birds shooting at it, there is no way to be sure I was the one that actually hit the kill shot on chest.

The only time we had multiple party member deaths from the fever is when a bear was added to the group when one of the birds left. It appeared to happen when a beckon would move Gold Fever around the room and result in the bear (who would hold aggro most of the time) was moving after Gold Fever because of auto-lock and would spread the fever among party members he came in contact with. If two people were on top of one another at the time the fever exploded, it was generally surviveable if they had close to full health. However, if more than two were infected and close to each other, it was a three person (or more) one hit death. Incidentially, this was the slowest boss kill method. We could generally come in under 5 minutes. Couple times we didn't.

So I think the biggest factor in a fast boss kill with the smallest amount of fever damage is all about party spacing and allowing one "tank"/player to keep aggro and simply stand on top of Gold Fever without using skills to move him around the room (other than to keep him in the corner). Just my thoughts anyway.

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I have found if I (strength bird level 52) run away and tap health pots I can survive and nobody else gets it. Then I run back in and go back into the fight. Doesn't always work, though.

MITSUISUN
03-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah I noticed that. When I go to runs with you guys its just so fast I don't even think about the chests. On Saturday we where clocking the average runs at 3:45 and the potted one at 3:08 I think.

I also noticed the person that gets hit with the fever gets stunned most of the time.

Agree, when one get hit with fever, also gets stunned pretty much 80%, especially when standing short/mid range to GF ( in my experience )

Sorry off-topic to OP:

@Elar, it's all karma, eventually deaths evens out, if i die first, that means you next. seeing a message that require immediate response while crossing firepit doesnt help too, and of course it comes back to bite ya. It's just death rotation. at the end we all won when causing each other death intentionally and our death/pink perdiction is really spot on most of the time to the point that it's scary lol.

@Echelong
Thank you for timing the runs, it was mad fun when trying to hit the goal and perform intensively 200%, i dont think we had any chat on the damage pot run and that's rare lol. Since the team has hit 56, perhaps we can do couple more just for timing sake and see if we can shave that 7 secs ( i remember it was 3:07 with damage pot) and get it under 3 mins with damage pot.
I think at the time we grouped, Elar/Kujen/me were all using auto-bow, and Moog swap between sent gun/scarb bow. Long distance hit while charging into mobs helps/adds up, when all 3-4 birds does that with skills/attack. No one had hesitiation of travel/stop or extra movement on runs, all birds buff time were syncrhonized, reduce travel times and with right orbing / # of mini-boss I am sure we can achieve runs under 3 mins with damage pots.
Another idea, is also add speed pot; OR we all trash pot, try to kill GF without getting fever to avoid 1-hit glitch death.

Our other comparable good runs if not even faster than mid 3mins without damage pot, were with Warhammerben da traffic control bear. Rarely we had to health pot because mobs either die from distance, or ben would already gather them ALL around before they touch us.

I was just along for the ride, you guys are the skilled players :p

Echelong
03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes we should do that sometime and congratz on 56. It was one of the best moments I've had on PL and the next time we do damage pot runs we should use speed pots. I will be on tonight after work so lets see if we can get the group together.

adwin
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
1: Fever gets worse the more it gets passed down
2: I have noticed (although I don't know if it happens 100% of the time), that when I get GF, I try to get away from my group all the while "hugging" a wall.
Quite often fever gets discharged without incurring any damage, or only ~1/5-1/4 health is gone.
Analogically, I've found GF taking down more of my health if it hits me while I'm in the open (not close to walls), and yes, sometimes 1-hit KO.

- MOST of the time I'm in attack/dps gear
- I rarely use melee/tank pots, since I don't have the gold. ;]

WhoIsThis
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
After fighting him for a few hundred runs, based on my observations I think:

1. Damage appears to be variable. The first round does not generally kill. However, subsequent rounds (as Kujen noted) can kill. The first time that he casts does the least amount of damage. Should it reach the third round, a pure strength level 55-56 bear in full hate/rift can be killed in one hit at full health. The second degree is enough to often one hit ko a pure int mage without shield or pure dex bird.

2. Interesting thing about mana shield. When mana shield is at full power, I have never sustained any health damage from him, despite the fact that the bomb is theroetically able to deplete my mana reserves and do some health damage in one hit.

3. Spread distance may be random. Sometimes, even if you stay near a person with fever, you won't get it. Other times, you can get it at a 3m distance.

4. Blowing the chest SOMETIMES cures the fever - but that's a big sometimes. Nonetheless, always blow chests ASAP - the sooner the chest is blown, the lower the probability that the fever will do a lot of damage. The orb also seems to significantly buff his armor (though not nearly as much as shields from Keeper or Overlord from A03) and increases the chances of fever being spread. Having the fever go fast if the chest dies is just gravy. :) I think that there may be some sort of time limit after the first time he infects a player (ex: blow a chest in x seconds and fever has a higher chance of being cured). Target the chest with cruel blast, hot flash, drain life, whatever does a lot of damage and fast. Infected bears should generally stay away, but uninfected ones should break off, use crippling blow and super mega right away on the chest too.

5. Attempting to move away from the group sometimes spreads the fever, even if you move in the opposite direction to the rest of the group. If you get fever, I think it may be best just to stop moving. I think that moving increases the spread radius somehow. Hopefully, your team will get away from you and nobody has a very high ping.

6. The further you are from your teammates, the lower the probability of high damage from bomb, although bomb can still do high damage.

Formora
03-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Yes, thanks for helping us time our runs ;) I don't really notice much either, but I guess your (mage) aoe's handle chests. Doesn't really matter though since he can only get up one shield before he dies.

Agree, when one get hit with fever, also gets stunned pretty much 80%, especially when standing short/mid range to GF ( in my experience )

Sorry off-topic to OP:

@Elar, it's all karma, eventually deaths evens out, if i die first, that means you next. seeing a message that require immediate response while crossing firepit doesnt help too, and of course it comes back to bite ya. It's just death rotation. at the end we all won when causing each other death intentionally and our death/pink perdiction is really spot on most of the time to the point that it's scary lol.

@Echelong
Thank you for timing the runs, it was mad fun when trying to hit the goal and perform intensively 200%, i dont think we had any chat on the damage pot run and that's rare lol. Since the team has hit 56, perhaps we can do couple more just for timing sake and see if we can shave that 7 secs ( i remember it was 3:07 with damage pot) and get it under 3 mins with damage pot.
I think at the time we grouped, Elar/Kujen/me were all using auto-bow, and Moog swap between sent gun/scarb bow. Long distance hit while charging into mobs helps/adds up, when all 3-4 birds does that with skills/attack. No one had hesitiation of travel/stop or extra movement on runs, all birds buff time were syncrhonized, reduce travel times and with right orbing / # of mini-boss I am sure we can achieve runs under 3 mins with damage pots.
Another idea, is also add speed pot; OR we all trash pot, try to kill GF without getting fever to avoid 1-hit glitch death.

Our other comparable good runs if not even faster than mid 3mins without damage pot, were with Warhammerben da traffic control bear. Rarely we had to health pot because mobs either die from distance, or ben would already gather them ALL around before they touch us.

I was just along for the ride, you guys are the skilled players :p

Karma?! What did I do? :( It definitely does not even out. I have double the deaths of everyone, and Kujen/Eche hardly died.

Yes, I remember our first drop. You were chanting "PINK FEVER" like a second before GF died, and got a recipe. I think we had 3-4 after that?

Echelong
03-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Lol Elar good thing I didn't die or else you birds would have to learn CPR. All I can say is I have mastered the art of pot spamming, run and pray. Lets go to other runs or if someone can video record the runs would be nice to post them.

krazii
03-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Couple things.

1. There is a stun effect for about two to three seconds after you get fever, before it "explodes"
2. I've noticed the damage it does is based on the proximity you are to Fever when it "explodes", the closer, the more damage.
3. More importantly, the damage is really affected if there are multiple people in your party with the fever, your proximity to them is even more important. The closer people with the fever are to each other, the more damage is done.
4. Fever is very easily managed if you manage to get away from GoldFever and the rest of your party, regardless of which class you are playing. Of course Bears survive it better because the devs just love us and made us better. Muhahahahaha!

Kraz

Moogerfooger
03-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Of course Bears survive it better because the devs just love us and made us better. Muhahahahaha!
Kraz

Ok, then you go solo Goldfever with your bear and see how that turns out :p I'll take a long nap in the meantime, and then log in and come see if you have gotten him to half-health yet, haha.

Formora
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Lol Elar good thing I didn't die or else you birds would have to learn CPR. All I can say is I have mastered the art of pot spamming, run and pray. Lets go to other runs or if someone can video record the runs would be nice to post them.

Nah, good thing you didn't die or you would have to respawn and run a marathon :p

I could try recording using an app next time.

Echelong
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Nah, good thing you didn't die or you would have to respawn and run a marathon :p

I could try recording using an app next time.

Lol speed pot FTW
What app? So far the only apps I found from Cydia have poor quality and framerate.

Sky../
03-04-2011, 01:49 AM
If i'm not mistaken, i've never seen a bomb go off whenever the green orbed chest is destroyed. My theory is that life of chest=bomb damage. That's why bomb damage varies greatly.

Formora
03-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Lol speed pot FTW
What app? So far the only apps I found from Cydia have poor quality and framerate.

I think there's only one, screenrecorder or something. I uninstalled it before because it required the Cydia app backgrounder which messed stuff up.