PDA

View Full Version : Death from nowhere?

haochah
01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I recently started a new Mage and obviously you want to hold off your first death as long as possible. But I just checked when I got the 1k pve kills and apparently I have a death? I am really annoyed because I am absolutely certain I have not died at all. I have not even gone out of the brackenridge area at level 14 so I cannot have died anywhere. Is there anything that can be done to take it away? This is ridiculous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haochah
01-13-2015, 07:00 PM
My ign is ryukmatoi

Titanfall
01-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Maybe you lagged and died somehow? Or someone went on your account?

haochah
01-13-2015, 07:07 PM
I haven't lagged, I made the account not even 12 hours ago and no one has been here since

haochah
01-13-2015, 08:04 PM
I have now died once in the watchers tombs so I have 2 deaths

Tootex
01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
The lag in the watchers tombs catches us all out with unforeseen deaths. Be prepared for more to come if you're planning on running them often. As for your first death I have no explanation

Good luck :)

Zeus
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Do not worry, I have near 6k deaths. If you are going to want to farm in the game, you will have many more deaths than just that 1. So, isn't it a bit cool that you do not even know why you first died? If you keep playing the game, eventually you'll realize that most of the pros have a lot of deaths because the hardest content in the game racks up one's death count. Trust me, nobody is going to look at your PvE KDR and think you're a pro by a very few amount of deaths unless you are already known as an avid elite farmer.

Cheers!

Kingofninjas
01-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Like Zeus said, you are rarely judged by your pve kdr. I myself have one of the most pathetic pve kdr I have seen. Don't let it bother you and just keep farming the best you can.

RDX
01-14-2015, 01:56 AM
It's like buying a new car where the first paint chip or scratch bothers you. I have so many scratches on my mage now that i don't notice anymore.

Lol nice example.

Axesam
01-14-2015, 02:36 AM
the point is not about PVE kdr, he ask about HOW CAN BE he got 1 death.

Ssneakykills
01-14-2015, 03:29 AM

He died

Zylx
01-14-2015, 03:35 AM
Like i always say:

End-gamer with no deaths: Noob
End-gamer with 1,000s of deaths: Pro Elite Farmer!

Zylx
01-14-2015, 03:36 AM

He died

Seems legit

noahgoulin
01-14-2015, 06:57 AM
I saw a guy with 898K kills an 0 deaths...

Rx8
01-14-2015, 07:32 AM

did you make sure you weren't dreamin??????????????

nevercan
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Thats an dummy farmer

Zylx
01-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Thats an dummy farmer

Dummy farming is in PvP. This is PvE.

GoodSyntax
01-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Sometimes, if you have mobs trailing, and you leave the map, there is a noticeable lag between when you "think" you left the map, and when you "actually" left the map. Plenty of time for mobs to kill you without actually seeing your own death, since when you enter a town upon death, you will have 100% HP/MP.

And, like others have said, deaths don't mean much in PvE. I'm well over 10k PvE deaths now. To be honest, I wouldn't even notice if I got 500 more deaths added. Soloing elites and farming endgame elites exclusively kinda hits the PvE KDR pretty hard.

nevercan
01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Dummy farming is in PvP. This is PvE.
awwww you know....

You passed the test

kinzmet
01-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Lol, I thougth it was PVP.
I had a friend from before whos name is "Nowhere". I thought he killed you :p

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Do not worry, I have near 6k deaths. If you are going to want to farm in the game, you will have many more deaths than just that 1. So, isn't it a bit cool that you do not even know why you first died? If you keep playing the game, eventually you'll realize that most of the pros have a lot of deaths because the hardest content in the game racks up one's death count. Trust me, nobody is going to look at your PvE KDR and think you're a pro by a very few amount of deaths unless you are already known as an avid elite farmer.

Cheers!
^ This!!!
if i see a guy with 100k kills and 100 death and if I see 100k kills and 1000 death, I would choose to run with the guy with 1k death.

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Sometimes, if you have mobs trailing, and you leave the map, there is a noticeable lag between when you "think" you left the map, and when you "actually" left the map. Plenty of time for mobs to kill you without actually seeing your own death, since when you enter a town upon death, you will have 100% HP/MP.

And, like others have said, deaths don't mean much in PvE. I'm well over 10k PvE deaths now. To be honest, I wouldn't even notice if I got 500 more deaths added. Soloing elites and farming endgame elites exclusively kinda hits the PvE KDR pretty hard.
He/She is right!
Mostly happens when you are in middle of mobs or standing on a poison pool and you portal and you see LOADING LOADING!!
You can't know if you have not died when you were on LOADING SCREEN.
best way to know is,
If you had 50-60% ish health before portaling and you stucked in loading screen for 5-6 secs and you get in a town with 100 health 100 mana, its certain you have died. No way your hp and mana can refill to 100% in that amount of seconds.

Ellysius
01-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Iseenoobs?
Do you really wanna be that guy?
Imagine the time spent in the tombs soloing.
Let him step into the Planar Tombs.

Candylicks
01-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Cheers!

I personally have added 200+ death for Zeus the pro PvE KDR. He loved it.

davidvilla
01-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Delete that character and start a fresh new one. But this time be careful. There ya go "problem solved"!

nevercan
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Iseenoobs?
Do you really wanna be that guy?
Imagine the time spent in the tombs soloing.
Let him step into the Planar Tombs.
He does let noobs pay him to let him run tombs.......

noahgoulin
01-14-2015, 02:07 PM
did you make sure you weren't dreamin??????????????
No I wasn't lol