PDA

View Full Version : Need Something To Do

bossthetank
01-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Okay so I'm an end game warrior and would like to get some input on the new content. There needs to be something to make warriors useful again. I find myself sitting and asking to pt all day, even in guild chat. Everyone runs with full parties of rogues and/or mages (especially in arena; and some in tombs). Even if someone is looking for a warrior, I'm not the guy with bulwark, maul, or bonesaw with a shiny para gem therefore people won't even look at me. Added I have 6.5k+ hp, 1950 to 2200 armor depending on pet. My dmg and dps aren't even horrible.
NOW if you're going to tell me to go farm and make gold to buy better gear, I am. I do merch and make gold but it is a slow process.
Any other warriors see this becoming a trend?
IGN is bossthetank add me if you're interested in runs. Because at this point, I've nearly given up on AL.

Enterradora
01-14-2015, 06:29 AM
make a rogue, or farm random tooth in normal wilds or lockeds. I sitted my warr cuz happend same like u

rstilzchen
01-14-2015, 07:51 AM
I sympathize with all tanks guys. I swear I wanted to do a similar thread (though I play a mage). I see a lot of wars, with a very good gear and even better skills, who often can not find a party. You can say, "Well, then go play PvP, warriors are good in pvp", but many prefer PvE, or tired of PvP, or want to earn some gold, etc. You can say, "Create rogue and play that", but warrior is the same class as a rogue or a mage, and they deserves to be as useful as the other classes, in PvP and PvE both. Everyone wants to be helpful, even if you don’t have Maul and arcane pets.
Obviously we need to do more useful warriors in PvE, that at least one was in almost every group. Maybe I'm not very well versed in the subject, but I would suggest to extend the application of some skills so as to allow a short stun bosses / decrease armor / decrease output damage for a while, with respect only to PvE, not to PvP. Maybe it can be applied in the new skills system, which I hope we will soon be able to try.
I also note that almost always I play with a warrior in the party, and don't regret about it. So there is no limit to improve also!
Oh, and taking this opportunity, buff mages, please!:chuncky:

Universalpro
01-14-2015, 07:55 AM
I dont really face this problem.. A party for tombs should have 1warr atleast(unless there are 4 maxed out rouges)
Its just that its not good to have more than 1 warr on 1 party because it just slows us down.
I dont really farm arena so idk about it..
But if u look at it warrs are not a necessity for arena since its hard to taunt arena bosses and the other party sometimes ends up getting damaged.. When the main purpose of warr is defeated then its useless to have warr in the party

nelson131
01-14-2015, 07:57 AM
well.....join eminence......we have serious lack of tanks :P;)

siddhant
01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
tbh for the first time i am hearing a tank say he doesnt get a chance cauz for running elites i find one tank as must it is usually the mages who i feel as left out maybe u should join a better elite guild where u will be valued more is my suggestion ty.

Stelo
01-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Lol, that's why you need to prove to them you're not a noob. Every time I run with a couple "pros", they ask me so many questions if I know how to do this, park mobs, etc. Show them you can run. I've managed to work my way up a bit because some players know me now as that tank with only Dragon Scale gear. One of em even said "That must be a really good tank. It's true." If they don't wanna pt you, make your own pt. I just finally managed to get my Ollerus Maul, but that's only because I love that weapon. I've been running with a magmatic blade and conquerer's pot for as long as I can remember. I'd say to join Unprecedented which is my guild because a couple of us run elites/planar tombs. I've also been teaching the members how to run. I just need to take a couple more rogues with me and the guild will be filled with players who run a lot of the harder maps.

Rx8
01-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Lol, that's why you need to prove to them you're not a noob. Every time I run with a couple "pros", they ask me so many questions if I know how to do this, park mobs, etc. Show them you can run. I've managed to work my way up a bit because some players know me now as that tank with only Dragon Scale gear. One of em even said "That must be a really good tank. It's true." If they don't wanna pt you, make your own pt. I just finally managed to get my Ollerus Maul, but that's only because I love that weapon. I've been running with a magmatic blade and conquerer's pot for as long as I can remember. I'd say to join Unprecedented which is my guild because a couple of us run elites/planar tombs. I've also been teaching the members how to run. I just need to take a couple more rogues with me and the guild will be filled with players who run a lot of the harder maps.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you might wanna make good elite running friends like breg n weeen. trust me they're beasts to run with.

Yumisa
01-14-2015, 09:47 AM
I agree STS have to find a way to make warriors alot more needed or usefull for planar tombs or arena. In arena a warrior is alot less useful then a mage or rogue against an enrage boss + having the tank does not necessarily protect you from dying that much because of mushrooms spiders...Boss enrage ( tanks are also one hit by the boss) ect... and the runs are slower. In planar tombs the bosses have ALOT of health and ALOT of armor which is also why i do pt's with 4 rogues, the tank is useful but not needed because if i play correctly the boss never one shots me...I clearly see the problem here... STS have to do one of the following: 1) give warriors a new pve skill that is very useful in pve 2) change arena and or tombs so that all mobs and bosses hurt alot more, tanks will be needed. I could not think of anything else x)

I have never played a warrior but i really agree with you :) the game would be alot more fun if it it required more strategy/tactics...Beeing able to do 4 rogue pt's is not very good :p Warriors need to be rendered useful in pve especialy in ''hard'' ''end game'' elite content.

vanemmerikk
01-14-2015, 10:24 AM
I think as mage its harder to be accepted

GoodSyntax
01-14-2015, 11:02 AM
I think Warriors need to have a new skill/upgrade added which does a massive AoE debuff on mob armor and damage. This would make warriors more desirable in party and may even make two warrior parties viable.

The problem is that a good party with rogues and sorcs have enough crowd control and damage to run maps really fast and survive.

Everything is about speed and maximizing efficiency, and unfortunately, warriors aren't efficient, nor necessary for high-end parties. There is still a place for tanks in mid-geared parties, but that slows down runs even further, which is why mainstream players aren't running the new maps and warriors are having a really tough time finding parties.

Somehow, there needs to be a way to make warriors in party desirable, and I think some kind of strong mob debuffing skill would fit the bill. This would help the mainstream parties run faster/die less, and help make top-end parties complete maps even quicker.

Unfortunately, the problem arises in PvP, where Warriors are already very, very difficult to kill, so adding a massive debuff skill to an already borderline OP PvP class wouldn't make much sense, hence the quandary.

In the end, for warriors to be desirable in elite runs (especially enhanced runs), warriors need to be more than just a punching bag. Sorcs bring high damage (Lightning), DoT (Fireball/Clock/Ice) and crowd control (Clock/Ice). Rogues bring extreme single target damage, good party support (veil) light DoT (Nox) and crowd control (Traps). Warriors bring good party support (HoR), aggro management (which is not necessary with good crowd control), and high HP/Armor.

Two of the three classes are DMG focused, one isn't, and that's why tanks are suffering these days.

vawaid
01-14-2015, 11:18 AM
I just made my own team, What I have to do is stay alive. I look myself, my warrior isnt awesome. I only have goblin glaive for my best weapon. Nobody will party me except in km3. That's sad.
*trying to not cry, cry alot*

Candylicks
01-14-2015, 11:49 AM
This post is really good, I see it in my own guild people will pt up DPS simply because it's quicker sometimes with out a warrior. I would also suggest a guild change for you, lots of great end game PvE guilds that need wars.

I agree w/ Kali that wars could use a debuff skill, perhaps something if they do skill trees that will work in PvE only.

Sir Lubo Penev
01-14-2015, 12:00 PM
I run planar tomb with warriors. In fact I prefer running with any of the 5-6 elite tanks I have on my friend list than in a party with random rogues/mages hanging in the entrance.

I will send a friend request later tonight.

Sorcerie
01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
The biggest issue I have with tanks in elites is that if their gear and taunt skills aren't up to snuff then I end up taking all the aggro and crowd control at the same time.

Often times I find myself running for my life from mobs and bosses while the warrior is taunting with everything he has for nothing, so then what's the point of the warrior?

In any pty of rogues and mages I don't see this issue because the mobs and bosses are getting it from every angle so they never know who or what to aggro and end up stun locked for the most part.

Which tbh, saves me on ankhs and pots overall. So which would you choose?

A pty that's efficient or one that has to struggle to make up for the warriors slack?

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Possible solution might be,
1- Increase Damages of all new elite mobs.. (no one shot KO though) to extreme level.

2- make the taunts of warrior more to extreme level. So warrior's taunt really pull more aggro than any amount of damages.

This will lead a big difference between a party of warrior and a party without a warrior.

Ps: also increasing of damage/armor/hp of mobs when a good warrior joins in, need to be fixed.

GoodSyntax
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Possible solution might be,
1- Increase Damages of all new elite mobs.. (no one shot KO though) to extreme level.

2- make the taunts of warrior more to extreme level. So warrior's taunt really pull more aggro than any amount of damages.

This will lead a big difference between a party of warrior and a party without a warrior.

Ps: also increasing of damage/armor/hp of mobs when a good warrior joins in, need to be fixed.

I think the Tindirin and Planar mob damage is high enough as it is. Sorcs, Wolves, Shamans, Scorns, and Tanks all one hitting!

If it is a matter of taunt, how about a whim-like pull for Warrior taunts? It will make it easier to maximize damage (shooting fish in a barrel). The real problem is that Tindirin and Planar mobs have so much armor and HP, which is why I suggested a massive debuff skill for Warriors. I'd like to see better mob control out of tanks these days. More debuffs, AoE stuns, pulls, etc. Tanks should be a force in elite, not an anchor that slows the party down!

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 02:36 PM
I think the Tindirin and Planar mob damage is high enough as it is. Sorcs, Wolves, Shamans, Scorns, and Tanks all one hitting!

If it is a matter of taunt, how about a whim-like pull for Warrior taunts? It will make it easier to maximize damage (shooting fish in a barrel). The real problem is that Tindirin and Planar mobs have so much armor and HP, which is why I suggested a massive debuff skill for Warriors. I'd like to see better mob control out of tanks these days. More debuffs, AoE stuns, pulls, etc. Tanks should be a force in elite, not an anchor that slows the party down!

I am not a fan of one shot ko hits aswell which don't give a warning.

What I wanted with increasing the difficulty of maps and the effectiveness of taunt of a warrior was, vivid the job of Tanking. So the difference of a party running without a warrior and a party running with a warrior is huge in case of ankhs, pots, deaths.

I would like to see debuff skills from warrior not sure about stunts tho as that are mages' job. Debuff skills and powerful taunts could save the fatties I hope.

its sad when we farm lockeds with friends and decide to farm arena or tombs and the second warrior always have to sit out.
We never get upset when we have two mages or two rogues in a party but two warriors :(
Haven't played my warrior over a month now.

regizakirs.rs
01-14-2015, 04:12 PM
A warrior is always welcome in a party that I'm in. I've always enjoyed running with Haifer and Stelo they are very good tanks and they know what they are doing. I think that the tanks are underrated in the endgame content.

regizakirs.rs
01-14-2015, 04:23 PM
This is I know to be true first hand[emoji106]

Primeblades
01-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Make a twink, pvp at level 26 or 23. Its fun to pvp :) add me mage accounts Painpill and Conconction for some fun pvp battles