PDA

View Full Version : Mythic armor upgrade? or trash with new lvl cap?

KKIDIRA
01-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Rumors are going around that our mythic armor is getting an upgrade to 46?

Any dev feedback on this or are we just gonna garbage and untradeable item?

Maybe change it from not tradeable if it isn't getting an upgrade, so we can at least get something for it other than liquidation price?

Energizeric
01-13-2015, 08:29 PM
How much you think you are going to get for it when 5000 players all try to sell their sets at the same time? 500 gold if you are lucky.

KKIDIRA
01-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Nice and constructive...... how about your ideas?

There is the option for them to give a good liquidation prize.... I guess you didn't read that tho...

Limsi
01-13-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure they're going to scrap the whole new mythic upgrade idea and leave it where it is right now. There hasn't been any official announcement regarding the fate of these mythic items.

KKIDIRA
01-13-2015, 08:46 PM
That's what I'm looking for is a conversation for our myth to be decided one way or the other. If it's going to become obsolete then what are we going to do with it?

Energizeric
01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Put it in your stash and maybe in the future you'll have a twink that can use it. Since almost everyone has them at this point, the best thing to do is to make them just go away. Making a high liquidation price will just add a bunch of gold to the game and cause inflation.

And making them upgradable again will likely put this game in its grave once and for all. Best thing they can do with the old mythics is nothing at all and just move on.

Zylx
01-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Maybe if there was a way to age the lvl 36 set back to level 26/31 set? Through a quest?

That way, people can still buy the set, upgrade it for the achievement, and either keep it, or reverse it and sell the original set.

Darkvikingvtv
01-13-2015, 09:38 PM
An upgrade for mythic armor would be great since many of Al players can't get imbued set. It doesn't have to be better then imbued, but it should have a slight rais of stats:)

KKIDIRA
01-13-2015, 09:52 PM
I like both ideas, you can go the other way too, adding lengthy quest to upgrade but not out strip the imbubed. Down grading it would be cool... sell it for those twinks, as many of us don't have any use for twinking... I and many other wouldn't have any use for stashing it for twinking

Energizeric
01-13-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm telling you, if you could downgrade it then everyone would and then there would be 5000 of them for sale in the auction and they would go for 500 gold each. Please understand how economics works. Supply and demand. There is little demand for old mythics, but there is a huge supply of them. The only thing keeping the price decent now is that 99% of them are untradable. If they were to become tradable, then they would be worth nothing.

Morholt
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
You made the choice to upgrade it/make it non-tradeable.

If you wanted gold out of your mythic items, you should've traded them away.

You should've already gotten gold out of your mythic gears: by farming maps. If you chose to get a mythic set and upgrade it just to continue farming lockeds...well, that's your dumb choice.

BaronB
01-14-2015, 12:32 AM
What if you could upgrade it but could choose like the imbued sets what sort of direction the armor goes. Maybe intel or dex or str based ?

Also to upgrade it should maybe consider the essence of like all the elite bosses in al atm an some bar or ingot of sort.
To make it so it not just some cheap quick upgrade but l challenging and a reason to farm again because other then arena an plannr tombs for end game there isnt much else left other then pvp or social aspect of the game (timed runs for literally a handful of people)

Serancha
01-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Upgrading the mythics was the biggest mistake sts ever made, followed closely by keeping them as the best gear available for a year and a half.

In order for the game to progress and keep player interest, there needs to be new and better gear released each season. If the devs need to scale up the mobs to make it work, that's fine. However, without new and better equipment to farm for and have as a goal, people have no reason to continue playing. Upgrading old gear that everyone already has is not an option if this game is going to survive. In season 5 we lost a good 50% of the player base because after the first week there was nothing left to work for. Doing that again would be the end.

Some long-term achievements would be helpful also, ones that don't involve filling ctf rooms with guildmates so you can free flag for months on end.

RDX
01-14-2015, 01:36 AM
It simple.do wat we do with pets.keep moving to the better and let old one rest in stable :p.

Litheus
01-14-2015, 01:40 AM
the new level cap legendarys will be almost as good as the imbued

Yumisa
01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
No one said you have to sell your set at the same time everyone does....And the value cannot possiblly be under 200k...So yes it is worth it...I agree they should at least make upgraded mythic sets tradeable or a good liquidation...Not 5k... some people did spend alot of time super gemming their upgraded mythics and would be happy to be able trade or liquidate it :)

Candylicks
01-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I hate looking at those mythics in my inventory that I worked so hard to obtain and now can't sell, use for anything purposeful, or even stash to give to an alt. Would love to hear the final word on these sets!!! We are talking about gear that we spent some serious time and gold to obtain when they first were released. I think an official word on them is needed too. Good post KK.

Raregem
01-14-2015, 12:06 PM
You can stash to give to an alt (on the same account) Maybe 36 twinks will become popular with the 46 cap.

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Rich people wouldn't mind.
Iam not a richie.
I did work so hard maybe 3 months straight to get my first mythic set for my mage (I remember those malisons wrathjaws snaggletooths and lockeds I farmed for them).
Then got mytyic sets for my rogue aswell (equal hard job).
They definitely worth more than a liquidation fee.
Iam not interested in level 36 pvp...no ty!

If upgradation makes a armor helm set non tradable, why didn't it get followed in case of Dark Crystal to Imbued sets?? Lets see how many rich enrage then!!

Vjerevica
01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Oh, please, not this post again.
Are you seriousky suggest that lvl. 26/31 gear should be competitive with lvl. 41? Get over it. You've had your fun with it and now it is time to move on.

Haligali
01-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Mythic upgrade was a fail, using the same helm and armor for seasons long caused inflation on everything else, prepare for 50m+ mythic weapons if they gona be upgradeable again. And please don't force me to use this 2 year old helm. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=989316

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Jazzi
01-14-2015, 01:27 PM
I hate looking at those mythics in my inventory that I worked so hard to obtain and now can't sell, use for anything purposeful, or even stash to give to an alt. Would love to hear the final word on these sets!!! We are talking about gear that we spent some serious time and gold to obtain when they first were released. I think an official word on them is needed too. Good post KK.

They are totally stash-able Candy, and not only that, but you can upgrade there gems on your alts and they get the upgraded mythic armour achievement the moment they unstash it :-)

Candylicks
01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
They are totally stash-able Candy, and not only that, but you can upgrade there gems on your alts and they get the upgraded mythic armour achievement the moment they unstash it :-)

Ohh lol. Well ok truth is I don't have any other alts to pass it down to. Hehe. Good to know though!

kinzmet
01-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Make it downgradable to level 31 or make it tradable itself.

Then just let the market flood with 5000+ mythic armor and helm. So it will be cheap and the ordinary players can finally equip mythic rarity helmet and armor.
It doesn't matter if it would be sold for 500 gold, the rich owners doesn't care (they preffer the make it collect dust in the stash and go for level 46 mythic). Unless Level36 PVP becomes popular again. With the downgrade system of those old mythics, I bet its a close posibility. But for as long as the upgraded mythic is not tradable, it will eventually become a collectors item in the stash. A bulk of data on the server which is stagnant and thats not productive.

So the choices:

Make it tradable. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of upgraded mythics. Which will gain another marketing revenues:
Level36 twinking- with the prices so low, this is inevitable. And as that bracket popularity rise so as those upgraded mythic's price eventually. Remember why the twinking became popular? Its because not everyone can afford the endgame items but still wants to experience AL PVP. Before those twinking gears were so cheap that a 100k is already a top geared, now it becomes expensive and still rising. This can happen to upgraded mythics too. Chance for the mercher to hoard and wait for what the future brings. When time comes the STS makes the old mythics discontinued, this will become very expensive (the cap will be level 76+ when that happen tho).
Make it downgradable to level31. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of downgraded mythics. Now ordinary farmers will be able to farm for gold to buy it and have the "Hero of the Legend" achievment. And also will open up those possible new profits I said above.
Let it as it is. No change will happen. No economic tantrum no possible profits. Once a player got the achievement and got the new level46 legendaries (I know they will be better than a level 36 mythic) or got the new level46 mythics they will only have three choices : Those items will collect dust in inventory or stash. This will only be a bulk of data on STS server which has no revenues or anything and its a bad sign. Because a former best becomes dust with no chance to profit and in a game, it means that the game is ending its lifespan. Make a level 36 twink. A wise choice, but it wouldn't be as popular as when the upgraded mythics becomes tradable/downgradable. Liquidate. I included it for the sake of arguement.
Becomes an ingredient of a certain item. A move that will save the upgraded mythic's value.

*Heck, there where a big big flood of tarlok legendaries back from the tarlok winter event, and a lots of forumers where complaining because you can't sell it for highier price (500 golds if your lucky). An yet, look at those tarlok amulets/helm/armor today specially on lower level twink brackets. They are steadily rising in price or holding its own price tag.

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Oh, please, not this post again.
Are you seriousky suggest that lvl. 26/31 gear should be competitive with lvl. 41? Get over it. You've had your fun with it and now it is time to move on.
Make it available to sell so we can move on.

Dex Scene
01-14-2015, 04:02 PM
If a mythic set gets outdated whats wrong in people getting them for cheap!! It will be still better than liquidation fee i can bet.
A "HERO OF THE LEGEND" is not any rare or worthy ap anyway!

Sir Lubo Penev
01-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Leave them mythics in the past. With the new cap, introduce new and fairly easy to obtain legendaries with better stats.

Butterbiscut
01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
lvl 46 isnt coming for a while imagine how pissed imbued owners would be if next season came in march haha

Wutzgood
01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Would be a terrible idea to upgrade again. It's been around for way too long.

At least you can always stash it and give any Alts the achievement and title with one set. Class doesn't even matter.

Ebezaanec
01-15-2015, 09:05 AM
For the people who who feel frustrated after working hard to buy the mythic set:

You all purchased it at a price proportional to the time it has been released.

If you upgraded it at the release of the upgrade quest, you received 100% of the time and paid 100% of the price. Anyone who upgrades the mythic set now will use it for 20% of its time and therefore pay 20%of its price.

SacredKnight
01-15-2015, 09:09 AM
The Mythics are old armour now. Best be working towards those imbued sets ;) To be frank who is going to liquidate their Mythic Armour which they bought for million+ for like 5000 Gold anyways? Honestly just stash it and use it for another toon, as far as my knowledge goes there is a bug where any toon with the full set gets the Achievement AP and title.

#PleasebuffScorch

XTmaster
01-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Making myth set tradable will result in myth flood in AH/CS. And players are using the same set since a year or more. So upgrading it further is not a good idea.
What can be done?
Option 1 : MYTH SET INTO A VANITY
Myth set can be converted into vanity which gives bonus stats. The bonus stats can be +4dmg or +5 to +10 primary stats when full set is equipped.

OPTION 2 : MYTH SET AS A INGREDIENT
Myth set can be used as a main ingredient to craft a myth egg, or a new weapon. It can also be used to upgrade items like blood ring to l41.

xbadulaserosx
01-15-2015, 11:08 AM
#PoorMythics #LolatimbunedLegendarygears #DuhhhitsLegendary #upgrademyths -meh im too lazy too type constructive sentences, heres some hastags for all lol. Btw not a fan of imbuned gears its overrated a season or two it will be just magma gears, planar gears and druid sets lol. Its time myths gear shoulb be upgraded, lets make this. "It wont kill the virtual economy if everyones happy"

Dalmony
01-15-2015, 11:56 AM
If the upgraded mythics are going to become obsolete/twink gear then something needs to be done with the achievement points which come with it.

Perhaps turned into an achievement for "mythic crafting" where crafting the new mythic amulet would also gain you this AP, or any other craftable mythic which the game presents us with.

Either that or remove the points for the hero of legend AP so that it only grants the title but I don't feel this will be a very popular option.

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Or we can trade it into a vendor for a para gem? (:

Just thinking outside of the box an all here.

Universalpro
01-15-2015, 12:46 PM
The best option is to keep them non-tradeable
As energezic explained what would happen if it becomes tradeable, itks not a good option. With the new expansion old items will always get outdated(as happened with hooks and even glacian/hj ).. Its not something new.. Why the resistance then?
They have been here for a long time and we have fully utilized them already.

Astride
01-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Too much has been said for something quite simple to solve.
Making the current mythic sets a minor ingredient among the others to craft the new mythic sets will be the best solution.

Inan'hesh
01-15-2015, 01:04 PM

Then just let the market flood with 5000+ mythic armor and helm. So it will be cheap and the ordinary players can finally equip mythic rarity helmet and armor.
It doesn't matter if it would be sold for 500 gold, the rich owners doesn't care (they preffer the make it collect dust in the stash and go for level 46 mythic). Unless Level36 PVP becomes popular again. With the downgrade system of those old mythics, I bet its a close posibility. But for as long as the upgraded mythic is not tradable, it will eventually become a collectors item in the stash. A bulk of data on the server which is stagnant and thats not productive.

So the choices:

Make it tradable. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of upgraded mythics. Which will gain another marketing revenues:
Level36 twinking- with the prices so low, this is inevitable. And as that bracket popularity rise so as those upgraded mythic's price eventually. Remember why the twinking became popular? Its because not everyone can afford the endgame items but still wants to experience AL PVP. Before those twinking gears were so cheap that a 100k is already a top geared, now it becomes expensive and still rising. This can happen to upgraded mythics too. Chance for the mercher to hoard and wait for what the future brings. When time comes the STS makes the old mythics discontinued, this will become very expensive (the cap will be level 76+ when that happen tho).
Make it downgradable to level31. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of downgraded mythics. Now ordinary farmers will be able to farm for gold to buy it and have the "Hero of the Legend" achievment. And also will open up those possible new profits I said above.
Let it as it is. No change will happen. No economic tantrum no possible profits. Once a player got the achievement and got the new level46 legendaries (I know they will be better than a level 36 mythic) or got the new level46 mythics they will only have three choices : Those items will collect dust in inventory or stash. This will only be a bulk of data on STS server which has no revenues or anything and its a bad sign. Because a former best becomes dust with no chance to profit and in a game, it means that the game is ending its lifespan. Make a level 36 twink. A wise choice, but it wouldn't be as popular as when the upgraded mythics becomes tradable/downgradable. Liquidate. I included it for the sake of arguement.
Becomes an ingredient of a certain item. A move that will save the upgraded mythic's value.

*Heck, there where a big big flood of tarlok legendaries back from the tarlok winter event, and a lots of forumers where complaining because you can't sell it for highier price (500 golds if your lucky). An yet, look at those tarlok amulets/helm/armor today specially on lower level twink brackets. They are steadily rising in price or holding its own price tag.

^
This!

Kriticality
01-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Didn't sts say their plan was to move on from these mythics? Did anyone say there was new mythic armor for the new cap? Hope not especially if it has rarity of that new mythic pendant haha. I just want a new mythic ring and new mythic pets. I think it's unlikely that the set will play a large part in anything going forward. Invest in pets. They level with you. :)

Ellysius
01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
It's really easy for you rich people to complain here,how about you shut up a little bit and let the Dev's do their job?
Just so you know,there are people that can't afford platinum and which implicates that there are people that don't pop thousands of crates in one night.
You should really put yourself in our position and realise how hard we worked for our mythics.

kinzmet
01-15-2015, 02:04 PM
It's really easy for you rich people to complain here,how about you shut up a little bit and let the Dev's do their job?
Just so you know,there are people that can't afford platinum and which implicates that there are people that don't pop thousands of crates in one night.
You should really put yourself in our position and realise how hard we worked for our mythics.

1. Dev's needed feedback from players to do their job. They can't do it on their own without the players feedback, They thought Shadow flare from kershal is OP, they thougth Breeze AA and PA is good just enough for a legendary pet, etc. etc. etc..
Thats why we provide feedbacks.

2. Not all owners of a Mythic set is a lock popper. I farmed/merch for golds to get those mythics, and I couldn't keep myself from leaving a comment here. I was trying to save those mythics by providing some sort of constructive feedback.

3. If you don't have anything good to say here except telling people to shut up, please do it on other forum. This is a constructive thread feedback on old mythics because the STS thougth the riegn of the old mythics comes to an end.

Veluthe
01-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Something definitely needs to be done like downgrading or making tradeable. Idc if supply demand is goid or bad as long as I can get couple have ndred k out of it ill be happy. Its going to be very discouraging if nothing is done for those who invested so much to get mythic. I personally saved over a year and half plus got a friend donation to get mine. Now if all we can do is trash it many will quit. Energizic and some others here dont care cus they are rich bathing in millions like scrooge mcduck. Think of everyone for once.

nevercan
01-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Something definitely needs to be done like downgrading or making tradeable. Idc if supply demand is goid or bad as long as I can get couple have ndred k out of it ill be happy. Its going to be very discouraging if nothing is done for those who invested so much to get mythic. I personally saved over a year and half plus got a friend donation to get mine. Now if all we can do is trash it many will quit. Energizic and some others here dont care cus they are rich bathing in millions like scrooge mcduck. Think of everyone for once.

Think of the econemy, what wil happen if only 6 people need an car and there are 5000 selers or more? The car prices wil be 500 gold or les. There are over 5000 sets untradeable what happen if they are al tradeable at the same moment? 1 they are hard to sel 2 they arnt wurth anything.
Ajd tbh you chooce if you wanted to make the set not tradeable or not like i see you chooce making it mot tradeable.

Yumisa
01-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Yes but also i heard that the game right now is suffering a bit of deflation so i think the 200k liquidate idea would not be so bad :p

cami
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
HUMMMMMMMMMM, when in 2016? STS come saying us about of it from april of last year xD

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Think of the econemy, what wil happen if only 6 people need an car and there are 5000 selers or more? The car prices wil be 500 gold or les. There are over 5000 sets untradeable what happen if they are al tradeable at the same moment? 1 they are hard to sel 2 they arnt wurth anything.
Ajd tbh you chooce if you wanted to make the set not tradeable or not like i see you chooce making it mot tradeable.
Let's see if it ever get 500 golds!! I bet it won't. Noone is going to sell them for less than liquidation price.

Also looks like you and lots of people don't want to sell the mythic sets, looking at these comments, too many people are interested in the ap and stashing it to their alts or playing the mighty level 36 pvp . So I don't think there will be ever 6:5000 buyer and seller ratio.

If its tradable, people can buy upgraded or non upgraded mythics according to their needs.
Some will buy non upgraded myth sets for level 26/31 pvp.
Some will buy upgraded one for mighty level 36 pvp
Everyone can't afford imbued so till they reach level 46, they can buy upgraded sets and use it from level 36-45 before they buy new level 46 sets.

Or
just give us some vendor like candy said to trade them off for some useful items. I would like para gems too. [emoji106]

I know lots of people say, you have utilised it fully. I agree with them, some been using myth sets for over a year, some been using a month. Iam using them since near a year back aswell.
But This is not a pet. Stg never told us this will be only one time upgradable and people upgraded them thinking it will follow the trend. Mythic sets don't have to be strongest one but should be upgradable to atleast not being a junk next cap. If that's not happening, its fine. Let us trade it off for something useful then.

Sure a set wont have to stay best all the time. Better stuffs will have to come. But when we hand on better stuffs we should be able to trade the old stuff for some gold or something useful from a vendor.
Peace!!

Jirikjurasek
01-16-2015, 02:32 AM
I wish upgraded mythic will be upgraded only in one situation: upgraded mythic + new armor = armor which look like mythic and has stats like new armor

Haligali
01-16-2015, 03:17 AM
Let's see if it ever get 500 golds!! I bet it won't. Noone is going to sell them for less than liquidation price.

Also looks like you and lots of people don't want to sell the mythic sets, looking at these comments, too many people are interested in the ap and stashing it to their alts or playing the mighty level 36 pvp . So I don't think there will be ever 6:5000 buyer and seller ratio.

If its tradable, people can buy upgraded or non upgraded mythics according to their needs.
Some will buy non upgraded myth sets for level 26/31 pvp.
Some will buy upgraded one for mighty level 36 pvp
Everyone can't afford imbued so till they reach level 46, they can buy upgraded sets and use it from level 36-45 before they buy new level 46 sets.

Or
just give us some vendor like candy said to trade them off for some useful items. I would like para gems too. [emoji106]

I know lots of people say, you have utilised it fully. I agree with them, some been using myth sets for over a year, some been using a month. Iam using them since near a year back aswell.
But This is not a pet. Stg never told us this will be only one time upgradable and people upgraded them thinking it will follow the trend. Mythic sets don't have to be strongest one but should be upgradable to atleast not being a junk next cap. If that's not happening, its fine. Let us trade it off for something useful then.

Sure a set wont have to stay best all the time. Better stuffs will have to come. But when we hand on better stuffs we should be able to trade the old stuff for some gold or something useful from a vendor.
Peace!!

I dont see any problem liquidating the current mythics, you need to liquidate the condensed essence too which you bought for 150k gold. You dont wanna understand this game gona die, if they make mythics upgradeable again. Noone will buy imbued gears, pve farming will be dead. Everything else will be super expensive again because you do not have anything else to spend. The upgraded mythic set is the reason behind the season 5 super inflation, mage arcane weapon cost gold cap suddenly, arcane ring cost over gold cap in next season. Prepare for paying 50m-100m for a mythic amulet recipe, mythic weapons will cost suddenly 50m+, arcane ring back to 150m etc etc. This is not joke and im not exaggerating, happened once before.

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 03:28 AM
I dont see any problem liquidating the current mythics, you need to liquidate the condensed essence too which you bought for 150k gold. You dont wanna understand this game gona die, if they make mythics upgradeable again. Noone will buy imbued gears, pve farming will be dead. Everything else will be super expensive again because you do not have anything else to spend. The upgraded mythic set is the reason behind the season 5 super inflation, mage arcane weapon cost gold cap suddenly, arcane ring cost over gold cap in next season. Prepare for paying 50m-100m for a mythic amulet recipe, mythic weapons will cost suddenly 50m+, arcane ring back to 150m etc etc. This is not joke and im not exaggerating, happened once before.
I see problem in liquidating current mythics. What if imbued sets get non tradable after upgrade and you have to liquidate when 51 cap comes?
A vendor to trade the mythics off for some useful things would be satisfactory!

Haligali
01-16-2015, 03:35 AM
I see problem in liquidating current mythics. What if imbued sets get non tradable after upgrade and you have to liquidate when 51 cap comes?
A vendor to trade the mythics off for some useful things would be satisfactory!

If everyone trade his mythic to something, then its not useful. It will cost 500 gold too.

Ellysius
01-16-2015, 04:07 AM
1. Dev's needed feedback from players to do their job. They can't do it on their own without the players feedback, They thought Shadow flare from kershal is OP, they thougth Breeze AA and PA is good just enough for a legendary pet, etc. etc. etc..
Thats why we provide feedbacks.

2. Not all owners of a Mythic set is a lock popper. I farmed/merch for golds to get those mythics, and I couldn't keep myself from leaving a comment here. I was trying to save those mythics by providing some sort of constructive feedback.

3. If you don't have anything good to say here except telling people to shut up, please do it on other forum. This is a constructive thread feedback on old mythics because the STS thougth the riegn of the old mythics comes to an end.

Of coure i don't have anything good to say when then this forum has become whining 24/7.

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 04:14 AM
If everyone trade his mythic to something, then its not useful. It will cost 500 gold too.
I will like to see that if we get para gems from upgraded mythic sets, will the para gems get 500 gold. I will really like to see.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 04:27 AM
I will like to see that if we get para gems from upgraded mythic sets, will the para gems get 500 gold. I will really like to see.
They wont get 500 gold.. 10000 maybe lolol

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 04:28 AM
They wont get 500 gold.. 10000 maybe lolol
Lolol :P

Hanschey
01-16-2015, 05:47 AM
As much as most of us want it to be upgraded it will surely kill the economy since most end game players have it.. Imbued and dark crystal gears will fall same as most of the legendary gears in which are either useless or just being liquidated. however let us not make the mythic gears useless or just for twinks since majority of players aquired their mythics thru hard earned gold and not overnight just buy popping some 100+ crates so why not an idea to make it a special recipe for a gem since they only affect game play and not the economy and gems create a whole diversity to pvp.

I like to suggest this gem would be:
1. Not tradeable!
2. Require only upgraded mythic armor and helm making mythic sets 26/31 stable in price
3. Introduce a quest wherein you have to find additional materials and defeat boss(elite) to encourage farming
4. Each class upgraded mythics will have different boost, rogue/dex war/str mage/int and additional damage for the time
It will consume.
5. Add passive aoe effect to the gem like lightning since upgraded mythics have this :)
6. If its too easy then add a recipe in which it will only drop from crates or arena or not since it is not tradeable

Most end game player have mythics so i guess everyone will have a chance at this gem if u work for it like the paracelsus stone but unlike paracelsus which concentrates on all class, this gem will focus on one class.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 05:52 AM
I see many ppl suggesting to use upgraded myths as a minor ingridient for some recipe or smthing which is a really bad idea.
It might be nothing for those who already have them but at the same time new players and those who still dont have them will have to first buy and upgrade the myths in order to form a "minor ingridient"

Haligali
01-16-2015, 05:54 AM

This is a good idea, but it will devalue para gems, your para gemmed item will worth like clean item suddenly. Will devalue other gems as well, like elon shard, tarlok, eye. Who need them when there will be tons of paras.

Haligali
01-16-2015, 06:04 AM
'hard earned gold'

1.5m is hard earned gold, tell me you are joking.

No, no gems, it will devalue other gems.

All, which seems like a good idea at first, will have a huge impact on the game economy. Just leave it as it is, its not a problem.

Ellysius
01-16-2015, 06:31 AM
'hard earned gold'

1.5m is hard earned gold, tell me you are joking.

No, no gems, it will devalue other gems.

All, which seems like a good idea at first, will have a huge impact on the game economy. Just leave it as it is, its not a problem.

Sure it is,try it out from the start. And pretend that mythic set was more than 2,5M.

Hanschey
01-16-2015, 06:46 AM
At the moment but take a year back, maybe most endgame non plat players have a lot of gold now but they still value their time aquiring this, they just dont want it to go waste or just end up in their twinks and besides its upgraded mythic.

I dont see this gem devalue other gems when it is not tradeable and all can aquire it like the paracelsus stone. I remember paracelsus didnt affect any other gems. Well its just an idea rather than making it tradeable or upgradeable, i just like it to be put into use.

Haligali
01-16-2015, 06:46 AM
Sure it is,try it out from the start. And pretend that mythic set was more than 2,5M.

Any imbued gear alone worth more, but these are not upgradeable.

Hanschey
01-16-2015, 06:59 AM
This is a good idea, but it will devalue para gems, your para gemmed item will worth like clean item suddenly. Will devalue other gems as well, like elon shard, tarlok, eye. Who need them when there will be tons of paras.

Thats why you can only have 1 and make the quest 1 time only..Mythics/arcanes have 3 sockets so total of 15 so how will a paracelsus item be devalued or be same as a clean item when you have other items to socket the gem.

nevercan
01-16-2015, 07:01 AM
Thats why you can only have 1 and make the quest 1 time only..Mythics/arcanes have 3 sockets so total of 15 so how will a paracelsus item be devalued or be same as a clean item when you have other items to socket the gem.
If 5000+ people wil do it that one gem are many gems

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Mythic sets gonna lose value anyway. The mythic sets will be junk next cap and people will avoid buying them more as they are non tradable after upgrade.
"Don't buy mythic sets, wait for next cap"- thats a common sense now a days.
If upgraded mythic sets are gonna get dust in inventory, They will keep losing value anyway.

If upgraded myth sets are turned out to be some useful thing, then people will keep buying non upgraded myth sets and it will hold it's price for maybe longer.
Some useful thing which is non tradable and unique. Maybe vanity.

Ill quote my idea:

Another idea for vanity:
The vendor will have like 5 unique appearances for each class.
we have to submit our upgraded mythic sets and collect some fun ingredients from random maps to finally receive a unique appearance.
we can choose one of the 5 appearances. I remember pocket legends used to have something like this.
the 5 unique appearances can be complete different face, hair with unique dresses which stg can held a contest to get ideas from.

What you guys think?

Wutzgood
01-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Para gems are finally running out and you want to bring more for trading mythic set? There would be way too many full para gem equip around.

It was originally posted to only upgrade once and not be tradeable. No point to making it tradeable now.

These topics are almost as bad as the return original arlor vanity ones. There is no good reason to do either.

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Para gems are finally running out and you want to bring more for trading mythic set? There would be way too many full para gem equip around.

It was originally posted to only upgrade once and not be tradeable. No point to making it tradeable now.

These topics are almost as bad as the return original arlor vanity ones. There is no good reason to do either.

Whre it was posted it was only once upgradable?

Transfordark
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Atleast think for people like us who don't pop 1000 locks in one day, 1-2m for you rich people are nothing and this mythic set was only one thing which was fair for the normal players and could get it. Finally some good thing we could afford and your saying we can forget and let it rust in our inventory's. I would say keep it going and cap it to lvl 41

Twix
01-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Mythic sets will become trash, new players will quit, the rich will get richer, poor get poorer. Buy plat or quit, or pop kraag cannons all day. 3 options where this game is headed.

warriorromio
01-16-2015, 03:25 PM
There should be a way to upgrade them but not by quiest...
Add special mythic rarity recipi item in lockeds u need it for upgrade new mythic armor set ...
And in recipi u need two dragon bars and two planer ingots and 25 essences depend on the class blood for tanks fire for rouges glacial for mages and 2 vials ...
For upgrading them...
It will increase the oppning locks and running currenr maps

Haligali
01-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Whre it was posted it was only once upgradable?

here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion&p=1028787&viewfull=1#post1028787

Dex Scene
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion&p=1028787&viewfull=1#post1028787
I didn't find a dev saying they will be only once upgradable and nomore. Can you specify what page?

Veluthe
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I like dex scenes idea of using to gain an unique vanity. At least then its some use but not upgraded or tradeable either.

Or I was thinking if they release new mythic armor in future which im sure they will. Then perhaps the new mythic will have to be crafted. We could use the old mythics as one of crafting ingredients.

Haligali
01-16-2015, 04:36 PM
I didn't find a dev saying they will be only once upgradable and nomore. Can you specify what page?

I linked the exact comment, the possible upgrade was planned in the expansion after nordr.

lethaljade
01-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Simple solution make the 41 mythic armours needed to combine with a new mythic armour or component that drops from locks.

forumspammer
01-16-2015, 08:11 PM
I dont know why you guys so afraid that there will be 5000+ sellers, this post already explains what might happen based on 4 possibilities.

So the choices:

syrena
01-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Its time to forget about the mythics and start new

Dex Scene
01-17-2015, 07:10 AM
Its time to forget about the mythics and start new
We get better stuffs and we move on. But we don't liquidate old stuffs do. Do we? We sell them.
Lots of people are against of making it tradable so we might get a chance to get some unique vanities/ appearances with them.
I hope you agree or not, stg does.

bedmaster
01-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I havent played where there was an expansion, so idk if the xp needed to reach 36 (before there was 40-41) was huge like the xp needed to reach 41, and lowered when 40-41 is released.

If it isnt, then 41-46 will need 25k+ xp each lvl to lvl up. And the "best" armor (i said best according to price:stat ratio, as imbued is very expensive with not much stat increase) at 41 now for dmg is upgraded mythic, so ppl will use mythic to grind their way to 46. And by making it tradeable, ppl who dont have it (there is a lot) will buy upgraded mythics if they r too lazy to upgrade the non-upgraded ones so price wont go very low if its tradeable.

This is just my theory tho, idk wat will really happen, as it depends on what other items will be released on 46, maybe arcane armors? XD maybe im wrong, as i never use mythic myself lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 07:58 AM
We get better stuffs and we move on. But we don't liquidate old stuffs do. Do we? We sell them.
Lots of people are against of making it tradable so we might get a chance to get some unique vanities/ appearances with them.
I hope you agree or not, stg does.
Consider them like pets. U cant sell them back once u open them and they get outdated as time passes by as well.

Wutzgood
01-17-2015, 08:03 AM
I've heard the vanity idea before and that may work but I doubt they will ever be tradeable. The main reason being the title and achievement.

Technically you don't have to do the mythic upgrade quest to get title and achievement. All you need to do is hold (not equip) a full 36 set (class doesn't matter) and you get it.

If they were tradeable buying any full set would give the title and achievement so no one would ever have to do it again. It's just like now when you have a full 36 set and stash it. Any Alts that remove it from stash get the achievement right away.

I can see the vanity happening but not it being able to be sold. It was originally posted to be upgraded only once and the set wouldn't be tradeable. It shouldn't come as a surprise if it remains that way.

supersyan
01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
I would like to see a NPC that trades Upgraded mythic armor for 50 planar fragments or 50 dragkin tooth

Dex Scene
01-17-2015, 12:36 PM
I've heard the vanity idea before and that may work but I doubt they will ever be tradeable. The main reason being the title and achievement.

Technically you don't have to do the mythic upgrade quest to get title and achievement. All you need to do is hold (not equip) a full 36 set (class doesn't matter) and you get it.

If they were tradeable buying any full set would give the title and achievement so no one would ever have to do it again. It's just like now when you have a full 36 set and stash it. Any Alts that remove it from stash get the achievement right away.

I can see the vanity happening but not it being able to be sold. It was originally posted to be upgraded only once and the set wouldn't be tradeable. It shouldn't come as a surprise if it remains that way.
Iam happy with the vanity only

Wutzgood
01-17-2015, 06:33 PM
From a collectors point of view if it's made into a vanity I'll have to buy another set and do the upgrade again so I can have both lol.

Although now that I think about it can i do the upgrade quest again on the same character? If I have to make a another level 36 Mage to get another set I'll be pissed. As a collector I need the armor and vanity.

batinwong
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I agree to the idea that a Mythic lvl36 set will become an ingredients to a new item mythic item. In this way the Mythic lvl36 set value is still worth it.

batinwong
01-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Another good way to benefit as all, about the egg achievement.
It will clean up sts bulk data on the server.
on the same way those eggs will become useful on the player.

How? will just focus on one egg acchievment.

example the four princess achievement.

1. once collected, lvl the pets to example lvl41
2. then make it craftable to one egg.
3. once crafted give new achievement.

it will give as new adveneture
and the value of the pets on the market will be reasonable.

Kriticality
01-17-2015, 09:09 PM
It's highly unlikely that current mythics would be upgradable again to be better than new upgraded imbued. That doesn't leave a lot of room for upgrading stats. It's equally as unlikely that current mythic ring will upgrade to next mythic ring. The gap between mythic and imbued is much closer than blood ruby and arcane ring. Makes more practical sense, even though i think its a terrible idea, to have an upgraded ring to new mythic ring. They prob aren't gonna trash the new mythic pendant at level 46 either. Is imbued gonna be upgradable again to be better than mythics? The sts devs while streaming the winter event and when they showed the yeti off for the first time were talking about the icescale armor in comparison to mythics and also mentioned that imbued was supposed to be the best armor in the game. Splitting the difference between current mythics and imbued sets seems trivial and not that helpful. I think do nothing is best idea, vanity second best, or reverse upgrade to original levels. I'd imagine, although I could be wrong, that there are FAR more upgraded sets than not. If the real motive here is to recoup gold, making them tradable is sure to make the price plummet more than vials the last two days. 1M+ to 100-150k. Expect the same but worse. If you just don't wanna liquidate then vanity. It can be tradable imo but won't be worth much either. I'd love the para idea but para are prob worth far more to those that can pay for them than mythic set, for both twinks (who have no use for higher level mythics) or endgamers that would prob para something tradable for resale value. Just my opinion. I do have imbued, full disclosure, and have a LOT less gold than one might imagine. After typing all of this, make them tradable or not will make no real difference and make nobody enough gold to buy the next best stuff...

carmine_blade
01-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Soo... one should sell rather than upgrade mythic armor? Or.. upgrade and hope something works out?

Donquixoth
02-21-2015, 04:03 AM
Please dont just dissapear it, make it as vanity better to remember the hero of AL: Uller, Vili, and Himingleva. I like the helm anyway (shape).

bedmaster
02-21-2015, 05:55 AM
Yh make it tradeable imo and price wont drop as there are less players have it than the ones who dont have it but itching to get one (me) so yh it wont be 500 gold dats extreme many players will use it for leveling on 36-46. And seeing ur armor slot orange feels gud to me lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Rx8
02-21-2015, 06:15 AM
They have done ALOT for the lvl41 gears. They shouldnt make up another imbued or myth upgrade now. IMO, it would make up another gap. Theres already no MIDDLE CLASS ppl here, or there are, but almost none. I would say no need for another upg quest, people need to catch up to the current best gears as Zeus had EARLIER mentioned. There are less people owning the imbued sets, or maybe i am wrong, but comparing to the total endgame population of mythics vs imbued, the population would only be a 87% : 13% (<< a guess, please, do not fume over this). And the imbued are the best sets to get the hands on. And how long have these sets existed for?...these sets have existed long enough, and have been here and it is time for something new than sticking to the oldies. Face it, the same happens to pets, a new one comes out becoming the best trendy-like-pet. Same happened to samael, maridos is close or is better than samael (everyone has their own opinions). But still singe, samael are good for pve. I dont want the mythics getting tradeable, because the upgraded ones have wayy better stats than the oldies...

darthdlo
02-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Turn into a shiner vanity version with great effects something u would wanna wear and change helm a little bit maybe smaller horns.