PDA

View Full Version : Should i open a new rogue?

hllckr
01-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,
Ive got a 41 level sorcerer with elond gun mythic perf set wild talisman slag abaddon blablabla...But i see rogues have more damage and all people need them in tombs,arena and others should i sell all of my items and open a new rogue?

Candylicks
01-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Hey guys,
Ive got a 41 level sorcerer with elond gun mythic perf set wild talisman slag abaddon blablabla...But i see rogues have more damage and all people need them in tombs,arena and others should i sell all of my items and open a new rogue?

This is truly a tough call. I main'd a mage for over a year now here and when the game had all of the DC's I ended up using my rogue.. .then decided to switch permanently. I think that mage is viable to play in tombs and arena, and they have been promised a buff that should be coming here soon. In our guild we use mage/rogue for dps and we run with either the same way.

I think the only reason to switch to rogue is if you are growing bored playing that class. Not because rogue is better for PvE. Mage is great with their CC abilities and to sweep the mobs up. Rogues can deliver the single point damage on a boss, so really both have their strength for PvE.

There is no reason to stick with one class, I do encourage you to try rogue if it peaks your interest! Nothing wrong with playing 2 classes or learning the mechanics of another. I just hated rogue for SO LONG it took me forever to discover, hey this isn't too bad. The ONE advantage rogue has over mage is less death. I do tend to chat when I run so my mage had over 10K death, rogues are slightly more hearty and less costly for ankh and plat revs.

Kakashis
01-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Lol I just started a new mage just to test things out and man, does it do a lot of AOE damage! So far I'm liking it and I can already see why mages are better at clearing trash mobs. When time comes to kill a boss, shoot, takes so much longer! I'm a warrior at heart, but switched to rogue a long time ago and I love that class as its a crit boss kill class. It is however, becoming more expensive to play than warriors!

Jazzi
01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey guys,

I play both classes, although rogue is my main. Basically what Candy said. Just keep in mind that rogue items are practically more expensive, sometimes almost double. Furthermore while you might save some gold from ankhs, you will definitely need more for portions due to the high demand for mana.

Good luck :-)

Enterradora
01-14-2015, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,

make a rogue

nevercan
01-14-2015, 03:44 PM
This is truly a tough call. I main'd a mage for over a year now here and when the game had all of the DC's I ended up using my rogue.. .then decided to switch permanently. I think that mage is viable to play in tombs and arena, and they have been promised a buff that should be coming here soon. In our guild we use mage/rogue for dps and we run with either the same way.

I think the only reason to switch to rogue is if you are growing bored playing that class. Not because rogue is better for PvE. Mage is great with their CC abilities and to sweep the mobs up. Rogues can deliver the single point damage on a boss, so really both have their strength for PvE.

There is no reason to stick with one class, I do encourage you to try rogue if it peaks your interest! Nothing wrong with playing 2 classes or learning the mechanics of another. I just hated rogue for SO LONG it took me forever to discover, hey this isn't too bad. The ONE advantage rogue has over mage is less death. I do tend to chat when I run so my mage had over 10K death, rogues are slightly more hearty and less costly for ankh and plat revs.

Same for me byt im stuck with 1 problem i deleted my 40 rouge and now im to lazy to lvl an new one

hllckr
01-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Honestly i bored from mage.Im trying to find parties for arena or tombs every day and never find it and after im starting to play LoL.And you can see rogues damage on mobs and bosses.I have 727 damage on my mage and cant see anything on mobs health.

Zylx
01-14-2015, 05:39 PM
I've played all three classes as mains at certain times.

I first started out as a strict warrior for my first 10 months, and i noticed that i was able to withstand tons of damage, but i felt so slow and it felt like i was hitting things with a Playskool hammer.

Then i switched to mage for several months, and i absolutely loved it. I loved soloing WT4 and seeing those mobs disappearing in seconds. Mages are so much fun, and a lot of the skills give you visual feedback (i like seeing the fireballs explode and the clocks drop).

I switched to rogue last autumn because i felt like it was a more solid end-game class. All of the elite bosses can be picked off more efficiently with rogues, and they survive better than mages. I do find the class boring, as there really isnt much visual effect from the skills, besides shadow storm, which is a terrible skill nonetheless.

Primeblades
01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
I think you should keep your mage. At least dont sell your stuff. It might be smart to make another account with the rogue class, however mages are really the funnest class out there

Ravager
01-14-2015, 05:51 PM
If you want efficient runs and to be called more frequently for runs, make a rogue. My legendary bow rogue farms faster than my mage with 4 attack skills and mythic gun oddly enough. Rogues are extremely strong in PVP as well. For current elites, you really don't need any other class than rogue for the most efficient runs. My friends/guildmates, when we do runs, we will switch out of our main accounts and to rogue accounts to farm. Sad but true.

Haifer
01-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Just have all 3 capped and use them.

nevercan
01-15-2015, 02:29 AM
Just have all 3 capped and use them.
Nah onlyrouge n keep mage

Powergear546
01-15-2015, 08:04 AM
lol i have all 3, rogue and mage capped to 41,and warrior lvl 40 ,mostly i play with my warrior and mage but for PVP i use my rogue,cause in my rogue form i have better DK ratio than the other two.

Rx8
01-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Same for me byt im stuck with 1 problem i deleted my 40 rouge and now im to lazy to lvl an new one

contact the support team. they would recover it. i think.

Litheus
01-15-2015, 10:34 AM
contact them...they recovered my lv41 rogue

Litheus
01-15-2015, 10:35 AM
the only reason i dont take a rogue is tat they r girl

nevercan
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM
contact the support team. they would recover it. i think.
Im to lazy to do + i forgot the email n pasword :/

hllckr
01-15-2015, 02:32 PM
So which one ? rogue or mage? :D

nevercan
01-15-2015, 02:36 PM
So which one ? rogue or mage? :D
If you are lazy like me stay mage, if you wanna be pro use rouge

Xorrior
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
This game heavily favours being a rogue atm. Four rogues in a party, who needs warriors and mages. You can farm and kill faster and also solo elite maps, don't even mention PvP.

I've been tempted to level my rogue but levelling is so boring and tedious. I might do it in the next fortnight.

I also have a mage, mages are fun but I've been told they die as soon as the Boss farts in their direction. I don't wanna ankh revive every two seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a warrior but nowadays a tank is redundant. There is no need for one.

Yumisa
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I think we all know warriors are the ones who need some sort of ''buff'' for pve...Not many people want to run with tanks in tombs and arena :S

Bmwmsix
01-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Yes warrior need a buff like the -50% armor.debuff of arcane maul for Pve only then peeps wd be where is my tank.
Atm rogues are favoured but can be simply different on next coming expansion.

And also to understand gamemechanics better id suggest to everyone lvl up all 3 toons and pick the one you like. Dont take those bla bla efficient runs talks to seriously Bc sometimes this can kill the fun.

Xorrior
01-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Yeah the efficient run nonsense. Sorry we rogues won't run with tanks because runs are not efficient -_-

What point is there having someone absorb damage, when well geared rogues can just kite, kill and complete elite/planar maps in minutes.

And this absorb damage is rather poppycock! In the heat of the battle my screen flashes red and I'm pounding health potions like a mother trucker, then I get one hit killed by a boss - with mythic pendant, over 8k health and arcane pet! Doesn't make sense to be a Tank, if I invested all this in a Rogue I would be so legit and a killa!!!!

There needs to be something done to warrant the need for a tank. Probably absorb monumentus amount of damage than we currently do, and allow a 100% chance to stop a one hit crit kill from boss from a charge skill. Yeah I know about axe blah blah blah but it isn't good enough to prevent the one hit kills.

nevercan
01-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Yeah the efficient run nonsense. Sorry we rogues won't run with tanks because runs are not efficient -_-

What point is there having someone absorb damage, when well geared rogues can just kite, kill and complete elite/planar maps in minutes.

And this absorb damage is rather poppycock! In the heat of the battle my screen flashes red and I'm pounding health potions like a mother trucker, then I get one hit killed by a boss - with mythic pendant, over 8k health and arcane pet! Doesn't make sense to be a Tank, if I invested all this in a Rogue I would be so legit and a killa!!!!

There needs to be something done to warrant the need for a tank. Probably absorb monumentus amount of damage than we currently do, and allow a 100% chance to stop a one hit crit kill from boss from a charge skill.
Mage deserves to get an buf first :)

Xorrior
01-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Mage deserves to get an buf first :)

True Dat and I hope it's a solid buff. Not like oh we increased this by 5% and now that lasts for 2 seconds longer -_-

If DEVs really believe that a tank or a mage is sufficient in the game, then I hold an open invitation for any Devs, new producer and JustG to come do elite and planar runs with us ENIGMATICS especially with Candy and Fade - can you take the heat! :)

You need to get out of the office and come roll wiv us - as tanks and mages level 41 spec not level 141 LOL

hllckr
01-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Im still undecided abt it ill get 14-15m if i sell my everything but idk

bedmaster
01-17-2015, 11:43 PM
Imo, wat makes rogue gud is it has 2 heal skills, not just 1. And killing one at a time is much better than damaging many at once like mage. Give mages like 3-5 more hp per INT given, ill be happy :p

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk

Rx8
01-17-2015, 11:56 PM
just open one. Rogue is literally required everywhere

Twix
01-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Youd might as well open a rogue, everyone needs them especially at bosses, due to armor debuffs crit and nox :). If youre rich then buy nekro when it gets buffed, no need for a mage anymore when a pet has better stats than it.