plz teach me hao

End
01-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Burdie
But behr better for other things

Levelonefrog

LEVEL ONE
01-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Bear/Mage/Bird, depends on the circumstances. There are certain rules you must follow to keep level one pvp in balance and that it does not just result in two bears hitting eachother on auto-attack with a hammer (which is what many people falsely presume what level one pvp looks like).

DivineMoustache
01-14-2015, 06:06 PM
would you care to list such rules? I don't see how you can balance anything which requires a 66-68% roll to hit, with not much timing required, but after hearing the rules it could change my mind. This is not a blow at level one pvp if you take it as that, I made a video for your contest and tried out level 1 PvP, and it was surprisingly enjoyable, but I just didn't see why you don't allow bear vs bear fights without certain limitations.

LEVEL ONE
01-14-2015, 06:20 PM
would you care to list such rules? I don't see how you can balance anything which requires a 66-68% roll to hit, with not much timing required, but after hearing the rules it could change my mind. This is not a blow at level one pvp if you take it as that, I made a video for your contest and tried out level 1 PvP, and it was surprisingly enjoyable, but I just didn't see why you don't allow bear vs bear fights without certain limitations.

I know I should have elaborated on my post, but I cannot find the time, sorry. My plan is to make a level one pvp "guide", but the time window is shrinking very fast. Maybe I will find the time to make said guide, however I am not making any promises here.

Burstnuke
01-14-2015, 08:14 PM
I know I should have elaborated on my post, but I cannot find the time, sorry. My plan is to make a level one pvp "guide", but the time window is shrinking very fast. Maybe I will find the time to make said guide, however I am not making any promises here.

Lol now that you bring up level one guides i remember back then when you said you were making a lvl 1 guide on your guild thread, and den dis post showed up:

No offense, but this was really funny in my opinion lol

LEVEL ONE
01-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Lol now that you bring up level one guides i remember back then when you said you were making a lvl 1 guide on your guild thread, and den dis post showed up:

I know. It is really easy to recognize ignorant people that way. I like that.

Trenton
01-14-2015, 10:20 PM
I know. It is really easy to recognize ignorant people that way. I like that.
How does one assume ignorance over a single post? And why would you even waste your time when most people who do try level one never stick to it and then afterwards, roast it? You're the only person who seems to stick up to the level you sadly call balanced,(no level is balanced) yet you yourself seem to not be able to explain why L1 is balanced. There are plenty of factors that can make a game "interesting" which mostly includes barrels, and treeing. Timing an auto (yes I can comprehend how to time a hammer) is the only comprehendable factor that, IMO, could make L1 interesting. Now please explain how someone who does not care for a simplistic game style, and expresses it, is ignorant.

iRandom
01-15-2015, 12:08 AM

i agree
having a tab titled
"some peeps need to stop being evil"
is funny

LEVEL ONE
01-15-2015, 02:31 AM
How does one assume ignorance over a single post? And why would you even waste your time when most people who do try level one never stick to it and then afterwards, roast it? You're the only person who seems to stick up to the level you sadly call balanced,(no level is balanced) yet you yourself seem to not be able to explain why L1 is balanced. There are plenty of factors that can make a game "interesting" which mostly includes barrels, and treeing. Timing an auto (yes I can comprehend how to time a hammer) is the only comprehendable factor that, IMO, could make L1 interesting. Now please explain how someone who does not care for a simplistic game style, and expresses it, is ignorant.

Who roasted it? We do not play in maps that have barrels, treeing is not very beneficial. How do you "time" an auto attack? I would very much like to hear that. I already had a discussion like this with someone. Oh, it was you (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?185913-the-worse-PvP-level-EVER!&p=1939266&viewfull=1#post1939266).

Regarding the inactivity at level one, I myself am to blame. I didn't do much in the last... year(?) to promote level one pvp. Level one activity noticeably increases with my time online, even if I am just standing in a towne and replying "it's dead" to people who are interested in making a level one. I honestly did nothing to promote it and yet many people still made a level one and got really invested in it. My "Frozen Legends" contest wasn't planned at all, I was planning a level one pvp contest, but I decided to go another way. I am sure a lot of people would participate and find it interesting, but I decided not to do that because I was afraid that it might get me invested in the game again, which was in conflict with the reason why I came back; to quit. So I think it is lame to draw the conclusion that just because not many do it, equals not fun.

I did not call him ignorant for calling it un-interesting, but because level one is not about auto attack.

Burstnuke
01-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Who roasted it? We do not play in maps that have barrels, treeing is not very beneficial. How do you "time" an auto attack? I would very much like to hear that. I already had a discussion like this with someone. Oh, it was you (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?185913-the-worse-PvP-level-EVER!&p=1939266&viewfull=1#post1939266).

Regarding the inactivity at level one, I myself am to blame. I didn't do much in the last... year(?) to promote level one pvp. Level one activity noticeably increases with my time online, even if I am just standing in a towne and replying "it's dead" to people who are interested in making a level one. I honestly did nothing to promote it and yet many people still made a level one and got really invested in it. My "Frozen Legends" contest wasn't planned at all, I was planning a level one pvp contest, but I decided to go another way. I am sure a lot of people would participate and find it interesting, but I decided not to do that because I was afraid that it might get me invested in the game again, which was in conflict with the reason why I came back; to quit. So I think it is lame to draw the conclusion that just because not many do it, equals not fun.

I did not call him ignorant for calling it un-interesting, but because level one is not about auto attack.

In the thread you linked this too, you said long battles greatly reduce the luck element, which isn't true at all lol.

LEVEL ONE
01-15-2015, 07:46 AM
In the thread you linked this too, you said long battles greatly reduce the luck element, which isn't true at all lol.

You think otherwise? Please, elaborate.

D-:
01-15-2015, 05:57 PM

Gg.

Mothwing
01-15-2015, 07:07 PM
You think otherwise? Please, elaborate.

The time that elapses a battle is completely irrelevant if one person dodges five or six attacks and then returns with multiple crits.

The entire game is luck. Isn't that why it's a game? If there was truly a way to increase your odds at winning a fight I would love to hear it (no, treeing, barreling, or hiding does not count). A bear could have a flag in CTF and be steps away from capping it but if he doesn't dodge root from the bird behind him, he could potentially be comboed to death by the other team that is spawning seconds away from him.

Granted this example doesn't apply well to level one PvP I would imagine, but as Burst said, time has no effect on who wins a fight.

LEVEL ONE
01-16-2015, 05:26 AM
The time that elapses a battle is completely irrelevant if one person dodges five or six attacks and then returns with multiple crits.

The entire game is luck. Isn't that why it's a game? If there was truly a way to increase your odds at winning a fight I would love to hear it (no, treeing, barreling, or hiding does not count). A bear could have a flag in CTF and be steps away from capping it but if he doesn't dodge root from the bird behind him, he could potentially be comboed to death by the other team that is spawning seconds away from him.

Granted this example doesn't apply well to level one PvP I would imagine, but as Burst said, time has no effect on who wins a fight.

You lost me there in the middle. I have no idea what you were trying to say with that CTF example. Anyway, time does play a major role.

Imagine that the die throw example is a pvp fight.
Get two dices. Sum of 2 equals a miss, sum of 12 equals a crit. 7 represents the most common attack. Number of dice throws represents time. Throw them once. One throw represents a very short pvp fight. There is a 16.7% chance that the sum of dots will be 7. However, there is a 83.3% chance that it will be something else. Now throw the two dice a thousand times. The more times you throw the more you will approach the Gaussian normal distribution curve, meaning balance. You can then conclude that one throw has 16.7% of being fair and that the more times you throw the more the probability of the fight being fair increases towards 100%.
I made you a pdf file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu7y3mcu42y98d2/dices.pdf?dl=0) of the thousand random two dice throws with a graph, so maybe it will be easier to understand what I was saying. 1st column is number of dots on the first die, 2nd column the number of the second die, 3rd column is the sum of the two, 4th column are the numbers, and the 5th column is the frequency of those numbers, taken from the third column.

With that logic, you can see why luck has almost no role in level one pvp, since the probability of dodges/crits/normal hits gets more and more balanced with time. As said, level one is all about movement and with more time you (and the opponent) make more wrong moves. It is about punishing those mistakes.

Now, please tell me how time doesn't affect the role of luck.

Burstnuke
01-16-2015, 07:18 AM
You lost me there in the middle. I have no idea what you were trying to say with that CTF example. Anyway, time does play a major role.

Imagine that the die throw example is a pvp fight.
Get two dices. Sum of 2 equals a miss, sum of 12 equals a crit. 7 represents the most common attack. Number of dice throws represents time. Throw them once. One throw represents a very short pvp fight. There is a 16.7% chance that the sum of dots will be 7. However, there is a 83.3% chance that it will be something else. Now throw the two dice a thousand times. The more times you throw the more you will approach the Gaussian normal distribution curve, meaning balance. You can then conclude that one throw has 16.7% of being fair and that the more times you throw the more the probability of the fight being fair increases towards 100%.
I made you a pdf file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu7y3mcu42y98d2/dices.pdf?dl=0) of the thousand random two dice throws with a graph, so maybe it will be easier to understand what I was saying. 1st column is number of dots on the first die, 2nd column the number of the second die, 3rd column is the sum of the two, 4th column are the numbers, and the 5th column is the frequency of those numbers, taken from the third column.

With that logic, you can see why luck has almost no role in level one pvp, since the probability of dodges/crits/normal hits gets more and more balanced with time. As said, level one is all about movement and with more time you (and the opponent) make more wrong moves. It is about punishing those mistakes.

Now, please tell me how time doesn't affect the role of luck.

Lol.

ToastyLord
01-16-2015, 01:47 PM
wait, how is lvl 1 PvP not all about auto? I mean, besides barrels and trees, I can't think of much else.

lvl 1 PvP sounds like luck to me.

LEVEL ONE
01-16-2015, 02:03 PM
wait, how is lvl 1 PvP not all about auto? I mean, besides barrels and trees, I can't think of much else.

lvl 1 PvP sounds like luck to me.

If you would go same class vs same class in a map like forest fight, then it would be just about luck, yes. But we do not do that.

Ssneakykills
01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Or just play a level when you can make the most out of pvp

End
01-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Level one is bes level

Levelonefrog