PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my STATS???

Keohike
03-01-2011, 02:50 AM
I have level 53 mage i put 34 strength 25 dex and 244 int shud i put all in int?
thanks for your input:cool:

Corpser
03-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Full int kills u alot more I reckon put the minimum amount of int needed to use the gear u wanna use then place the rest in str just so u have more survivability

Keohike
03-01-2011, 03:13 AM
hmm interesting but i hear ppl say full int mage is the way to go

YYZ????
03-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I recenly went Full Int. I had done what Corpser recommended, Int to get the gear on , rest into str. This allowed my to survive pretty well. But now I know the game a little better, and with good gear I am having more fun with the full int. I use pots more often than before but I feel I am better for my team if I am laying out lots of damage as well as healing.

Keohike
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM
well i got my info from royce and he says full int good for killing and a liitle dex for pvp and royce is always rite so

KingFu
03-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Full int, max skill damage. For the roll you'll be playing you wont need dex or str.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
If you play a full int mage right, and are equipped with the right gear, you'll never need to buy potions EVER

Echelong
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I have been playing with my stats lately and I have found a nice combination. This is from my level 56. I placed 175 int and the rest on dex. Now the reason of what I did this. With my current gear I get 36 int using the staff and I get 211 int points thats enough to give me 5 mana regen without any gear.

I placed the rest in dex because of damage and hit%. Dex gives me the damage boost that int won't give me and I get enough mana regen to spam all spells. The only difference if I went full int is 1 mana regen and I get like 10 points of damage with the dex.

The bad well I used to be dual spec and using hate gear makes you forget how easy a mage can die. Once you get used to it is fun and very powerful but learn how to spam pots on a blink of an eye.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I have been playing with my stats lately and I have found a nice combination. This is from my level 56. I placed 175 int and the rest on dex. Now the reason of what I did this. With my current gear I get 36 int using the staff and I get 211 int points thats enough to give me 5 mana regen without any gear.

I placed the rest in dex because of damage and hit%. Dex gives me the damage boost that int won't give me and I get enough mana regen to spam all spells. The only difference if I went full int is 1 mana regen and I get like 10 points of damage with the dex.

The bad well I used to be dual spec and using hate gear makes you forget how easy a mage can die. Once you get used to it is fun and very powerful but learn how to spam pots on a blink of an eye.

your heal isn't as potent and your magic shield drains faster, but if you want an assult mage (again not exactly the mage's role) then I agree with hybrid Int-dex mage

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I've been wondering, too, how to apply my stat increases since at 50 I was a dual str dex bird. The first two levels I just added to dex, but now I might put the next batch on str. I should be able to be a dual at 55 just as easily as 50, right? I'll do some math tonight before I apply the stat points I get next.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I've been wondering, too, how to apply my stat increases since at 50 I was a dual str dex bird. The first two levels I just added to dex, but now I might put the next batch on str. I should be able to be a dual at 55 just as easily as 50, right? I'll do some math tonight before I apply the stat points I get next.

the way to do it would be boost set-up. so like 48 str from a rift, right? So what ever the level requirements for the lvl 55 str gear minus 48 should be your base stat for str. Same principle for the other stats too

Keohike
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
ive been seeing alot of mage with dex anyone know more about this?

Echelong
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM
ive been seeing alot of mage with dex anyone know more about this?

Dex gives you more damage and hit%. I am still testing different builds but since the new gear tends to lack on hit it's a good stat to ncrease it. It does like Herwolf said lower your heal but from what I have tested it's not by much and mana regen is always above 20 with a staff for me and 26 with wand nit using pinks other than staff and crown.

I can spam skills on evey run without depending on mana pots unless I get hit by a drain. It's my opinion but I am still testing so far I'm liking it more than my dual spec.

Keohike
03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Dex gives you more damage and hit%. I am still testing different builds but since the new gear tends to lack on hit it's a good stat to ncrease it. It does like Herwolf said lower your heal but from what I have tested it's not by much and mana regen is always above 20 with a staff for me and 26 with wand nit using pinks other than staff and crown.

I can spam skills on evey run without depending on mana pots unless I get hit by a drain. It's my opinion but I am still testing so far I'm liking it more than my dual spec.

interesting i wud like to know more from your test results once finished ty

Echelong
03-01-2011, 10:04 PM
So far biggest crit I have seen on a boss goblin king is 1300ish. I rearely die armor with staff is 102 and with braced and wand is 122. Mana regen is not a problem at all and heals give me an average of 3/4 to 7/8 of health and fill my bar when it crits. This is all on int gear of lowmans armor, cown of persistence (upgraded), and sewer queens staff ir change to a lowmans braver with a gemstone wand. I am using the lowmans or change to purples but lowmans offer more armor and damage.

Dps is 222 and base damage is as high as 262 unbuffed. Lightning has a damage on the menu charts of 401.
Very good build so far only annoyance is the drains but not as bad as I thought thy would be.

WhoIsThis
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
@bibobi: You're going to have to experiment yourself and do several respecs. Everyone here can only give you advice. You need to experiment to see what combination of int, str, and dex you find the most suitable for your playstyle. This is not the answer that you will likely want to hear (as it entails spending some platinum), but you're likely to find the game much more enjoyable if you play with a build that you like.

That said, I am a pure int myself and find pure int the way to go for my playstyle.

@Shemron:
Hit % is capped, so it doesn't matter after a certain level. Read Physiologic's thread on this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16817-Guide-to-Advanced-Mechanics-in-PL-DPS-Crits-etc.

That said, dex does offer better weapons dps (but at the expense of spell dps) and better crit. This comes at the expense of mana regen and mana reserves too.

Echelong
03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes I know that physiologic tested the hit cap but it's good to always have it above 85 or close to 100 remember that enemies debuff also. I have 104 hit but I have used pure int, dual spec and now a hybrid. I like not having to depend on pots for mana so I won't use dex gear for now or str gear since fury lacks m/s. IMO after 50 for a Mage eiher go pure or hybrid. Mobs have to much health to be dual spec but str gear is good for leveling because of survivability you get from armor to save those precious 6k pots.

Ps attackelf forgot to mention I use int gear my stats are 175int/109dex. I use this because with 211 int you get 5 mana regen unbuffed and with gear usingthe staff I have 20 m/s. Also check your spell skill chart mine gives more damage from spells using dex not a lot but more than int. I'll see f I can pot a SS without gear

Echelong
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I posted some SS from my current build and 2 SS of the different damage done by the lightning skill. Did posted the on images because of the space the take and since I did this from the phone I couldn't rotate them.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/55319315.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/01851cd1.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/e71b4f45.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Echelong/44cccd12.jpg

Keohike
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
@bibobi: You're going to have to experiment yourself and do several respecs. Everyone here can only give you advice. You need to experiment to see what combination of int, str, and dex you find the most suitable for your playstyle. This is not the answer that you will likely want to hear (as it entails spending some platinum), but you're likely to find the game much more enjoyable if you play with a build that you like.

That said, I am a pure int myself and find pure int the way to go for my playstyle.

@Shemron:
Hit % is capped, so it doesn't matter after a certain level. Read Physiologic's thread on this:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16817-Guide-to-Advanced-Mechanics-in-PL-DPS-Crits-etc.

That said, dex does offer better weapons dps (but at the expense of spell dps) and better crit. This comes at the expense of mana regen and mana reserves too.

i agree wif u 100 percent everyone has there own playing style i just wanted to get more input, cuz im more interested in buy and selling and as for stat i use everyones input so that when i farm or do quest it makes it easier for me, i dont do groups anymore cuz i had to delete everyone on my frd list cuz they keep on asking me to join or helping to lvl and i got so annnoyed cuz i usually buy and sell now