PDA

View Full Version : I am the modern day Thomas Paine (American history reference)

Sheugokin
01-14-2015, 06:21 PM
I like analysis:

The heated debate of PL vs AL or rather, the audacious, passionate thirteen colonies against the conniving, inhumane British fiends. (Hehhehe IK this analogy is a stretch)

1.) In my opinion, PL is WAY harder than AL in terms of strategies. Honestly, how many skills can you press at once in AL and PL? AL I believe you have like a lot of choices to put skill points into, but ultimately you have only 4 skills on your map. PL on the other hand, has 12 skills per character and all 12 can be displayed. Button mashing 4 is easier than 12 ay? Plus, PL has combos and knowing when to "button mash" which skills first will most likely determine fights. Whereas AL has none of that.

2.) Playing AL is like putting yourself in the shoes of a peripherally blind person. (Don't take this personally if I have offended people who are blind. Not meant by this sentence; just an example of what I compare this to.) You cannot see your sides without moving towards that direction. EW DA CAMERA DOE! Play PL if you like cameras movement. You don't know the pain of switching from PL to AL...Gosh so limited.

3.) Selling Lustrous set for 13 mil!!!! OP? Yes OP. 200 mil OP? Yes OP. The best gear for endgame in AL is like buying a Lambo in PL. JUST FOR THE BEST GEAR.....(Yes we have discontinued, but they are not necessary in PvP)

4.) Don't you hate it when you play a game that is "free." I mean come on, don't lie, AL is very much plat-based. The crates are the main way to get viable sets for PvP and require platinum..........

5.) "You have received a ..........................................

3X COMBO ELIXIR" :) :) : I love that when that happens. YUS I can farm. In AL, I think it does not compare AT all.

6.) PvE is TBD by some critics.

7.) Social Community- I guess just as bad as PL.

Some may not agree, this thread may be locked, but just putting it out there since I have not seen a thread like this.

TL;DR- Not long, READ IT.

bosstinytitan
01-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Wao this reminds me of my eight grade O_O

Rescind
01-14-2015, 07:08 PM
How did you offend blind people when they can't even see what you wrote?

nun
01-14-2015, 07:11 PM
they has da sexth sense obviusly

Suentous PO
01-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Also in al....

Constant nerfs and buffs of items and pets either because of complaints or bad planning.

Pvp problems with pet spamming stuns and whatnot.

One class has always been the worst in pvp.

Specific elixirs made just to farm particular maps and counter traps.

How many one shot bosses can one game have?!

Sometimes even the merchers there say you can't make $.

Drop rates lower than starrys for some things.

The join system for parties is way worse. Bad gear? Don't even try to join elite map.

Guild wars that make family look mellow.

Test servers AND bugs.

NO REV unless you pay plat.

Feed pets gold!?! Hahaha

Faq
01-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Pots are expensive in al. That's why I quit. I didn't get very far in the game so I can not comment on other aspects of it.

Suentous PO
01-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Pots are expensive in al. That's why I quit. I didn't get very far in the game so I can not comment on other aspects of it.

Yeah farming can cost you money instead of makes it.
Lolwhat

Poor smurf can't even afford feet O. o

Sheugokin
01-14-2015, 07:41 PM
How did you offend blind people when they can't even see what you wrote?

Family members/ friends of blind people may be pissed about what I said.

Suentous PO
01-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Family members/ friends of blind people may be pissed about what I said.

I'm blind and only offended that you wrote "pissed", my innocent mind is corrupted now. Ima kick kittens...

XghostzX
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Still some things I wish we could have in PL (my forever wish-list):

1) A mailbox system that delivers messages and items/gold/etc.

2) In-game tournament system/manager

3) Guild stash

4) More rankings for guilds, just because I think they're fun

5) A 2v2 CTF/FFA map

6) The ability to control what classes can enter games... if you want an all mage game, then you can check off some boxes to do so.

7) A guild-war system, similar to the in-game tournament system

8) Voice chat

Burstnuke
01-14-2015, 08:06 PM
I like analysis:

The heated debate of PL vs AL or rather, the audacious, passionate thirteen colonies against the conniving, inhumane British fiends. (Hehhehe IK this analogy is a stretch)

1.) In my opinion, PL is WAY harder than AL in terms of strategies. Honestly, how many skills can you press at once in AL and PL? AL I believe you have like a lot of choices to put skill points into, but ultimately you have only 4 skills on your map. PL on the other hand, has 12 skills per character and all 12 can be displayed. Button mashing 4 is easier than 12 ay? Plus, PL has combos and knowing when to "button mash" which skills first will most likely determine fights. Whereas AL has none of that.

2.) Playing AL is like putting yourself in the shoes of a peripherally blind person. (Don't take this personally if I have offended people who are blind. Not meant by this sentence; just an example of what I compare this to.) You cannot see your sides without moving towards that direction. EW DA CAMERA DOE! Play PL if you like cameras movement. You don't know the pain of switching from PL to AL...Gosh so limited.

3.) Selling Lustrous set for 13 mil!!!! OP? Yes OP. 200 mil OP? Yes OP. The best gear for endgame in AL is like buying a Lambo in PL. JUST FOR THE BEST GEAR.....(Yes we have discontinued, but they are not necessary in PvP)

4.) Don't you hate it when you play a game that is "free." I mean come on, don't lie, AL is very much plat-based. The crates are the main way to get viable sets for PvP and require platinum..........

3X COMBO ELIXIR" :) :) : I love that when that happens. YUS I can farm. In AL, I think it does not compare AT all.

Some may not agree, this thread may be locked, but just putting it out there since I have not seen a thread like this.

The AL community may be worser lmfao, its so bad over there

Somemager
01-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Still some things I wish we could have in PL (my forever wish-list):

1) A mailbox system that delivers messages and items/gold/etc.

2) In-game tournament system/manager

3) Guild stash

4) More rankings for guilds, just because I think they're fun

5) A 2v2 CTF/FFA map

6) The ability to control what classes can enter games... if you want an all mage game, then you can check off some boxes to do so.

7) A guild-war system, similar to the in-game tournament system

8) Voice chat

These sound amazing ive seen your posts and man do you preach it! Lets hope for change in 2015 (:

synfullmagic_23110
01-14-2015, 09:40 PM
I like analysis:

The combos in AL only last an hour lel

synfullmagic_23110
01-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Also in al....

Constant nerfs and buffs of items and pets either because of complaints or bad planning.

Pvp problems with pet spamming stuns and whatnot.

One class has always been the worst in pvp.

Specific elixirs made just to farm particular maps and counter traps.

How many one shot bosses can one game have?!

Sometimes even the merchers there say you can't make $.

Drop rates lower than starrys for some things.

The join system for parties is way worse. Bad gear? Don't even try to join elite map.

Guild wars that make family look mellow.

Test servers AND bugs.

NO REV unless you pay plat.

Feed pets gold!?! Hahaha
DEFENDING. AL HERE
but
There is Ankhs (something like that) that are very common rewards (from the wannabe daily blessings al has) u get 5 each time you get them and they pretty much act like plat where u can rev ur self and buy pots and stufffffff
JS

Trenton
01-14-2015, 10:11 PM
DEFENDING. AL HERE
but
There is Ankhs (something like that) that are very common rewards (from the wannabe daily blessings al has) u get 5 each time you get them and they pretty much act like plat where u can rev ur self and buy pots and stufffffff
JS

They are originally bought with plat, then they are tradeable, being that you have to buy them with gold.

CAK Vader
01-14-2015, 10:31 PM
I stopped reading near the end, (of the first sentence) it gave me brain paine.

yousocrazy
01-14-2015, 11:14 PM
I like analysis:

u
wot
m8

synfullmagic_23110
01-15-2015, 12:14 AM
They are originally bought with plat, then they are tradeable, being that you have to buy them with gold.
I have over 50and i never did offers to earn them/spend irl money

Trenton
01-15-2015, 12:23 AM
I have over 50and i never did offers to earn them/spend irl money
Did I say that

i said they must originally be bought with plat, then they are circulated throughout the game by usually being bought with gold, but I'm sure that you can get lucky from Shazbot or Klaas to get some

Hahahahabirdy
01-15-2015, 12:48 AM
The tldr didn't help what do I do now

MightyMicah
01-15-2015, 05:45 AM
Good post. I'm still holding out for an essentially, "PL 2.0" where they take everything they've learned and make a better PL. I'd love a fresh start with a concept I'm familiar with (and a turning camera.) Plus all the ideas Ghost suggested. I guess I can only dream though because it seems this company is all about jumping on hype train games and cashing as much dough as they can, rather than trying to make something completely new and out of the box. Which is ironic because PL was such a hit in the first place because it was one of a kind.

Jig
01-15-2015, 06:06 AM
- Long live Pocket Legends!

XghostzX
01-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Good post. I'm still holding out for an essentially, "PL 2.0" where they take everything they've learned and make a better PL. I'd love a fresh start with a concept I'm familiar with (and a turning camera.) Plus all the ideas Ghost suggested. I guess I can only dream though because it seems this company is all about jumping on hype train games and cashing as much dough as they can, rather than trying to make something completely new and out of the box. Which is ironic because PL was such a hit in the first place because it was one of a kind.

Took the words right out of my mouth, sir :)

Sheugokin
01-15-2015, 05:20 PM

You know what people say? You copy those who are greater than you. It's true if you think about it. How come skateboarders learn those tricks. B/c they copy Tony Hawk por ejemplo because he is one of the greatest of the greatest skateboarders. It is what people do to become better. Look at the Olympics. Those techniques used to get a faster swimming time is proven to be one of the best, if not, the best techniques. BUT, what would be even better? Coming up with something ingenious, something that has never been created.

Making games after games about the same things is stupid. Novel creations are what defines a company. Despite the vastly different themes in AL, PL, and SL, they are all unified under one theme.

I do sympathize with StG because inventing a "new" type of gaming style is EXTREMELY difficult. However, if one's mind is set on a goal, one will achieve it.

I think StG's effort is spread thin among the other Legends except AL. That is the problem. Yes, we recently had a cap, but these past months, nothing is really new. Recolorations!

And we know when we are second, third, or fourth, or last in their minds when we see that Winterfest should have long ended, but just ended today. To be truly dedicated to a game means constant monitoring and check-listing. I mean I think the WF has been stretched an extra 5 (?) days than expected. Seriously?

Honestly, and some may deny this but I'll say it up straight to their faces....I am not playing to support them, I am only playing because of my friends and the fun I have in PvP. If they don't step up their game, why should I?

XghostzX
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM
And we know when we are second, third, or fourth, or last in their minds when we see that Winterfest should have long ended, but just ended today. To be truly dedicated to a game means constant monitoring and check-listing. I mean I think the WF has been stretched an extra 5 (?) days than expected. Seriously?

Honestly, and some may deny this but I'll say it up straight to their faces....I am not playing to support them, I am only playing because of my friends and the fun I have in PvP. If they don't step up their game, why should I?

I think that's been the general consent of the playerbase towards spacetime for a while now

Sheugokin
01-15-2015, 05:32 PM
I think that's been the general consent of the playerbase towards spacetime for a while now

BUT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND !!!!!!

This is what is so frustrating. What do we need to do to persuade them?

Jhawkeye
01-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Yea merching in AL is nearly impossible unless you already have a lot of cash.. I.E. open crates

XghostzX
01-15-2015, 06:46 PM
BUT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND !!!!!!

This is what is so frustrating. What do we need to do to persuade them?

We've done all that we can. The only way I see any slight chance of change is if:

1) Some generous person was willing to throw away (hundreds of ?) thousands of dollars to PL.

2) Time

I didn't think we'd get a 77 cap after the the 76... but I was wrong. Now, the 77 cap does make it seem like it's the end to the PvE campaign, but little will we ever know if they have some more things for us. Only time will tell.

GRIZZY
01-15-2015, 07:47 PM
The Pocket Legends Gamer Union is being formed. We just want to talk :)

GRIZZY
01-15-2015, 08:17 PM
The committee has come to the agreement to change the name to Pocket Legends Union of Gamers (PLUG).

Sheugokin
01-15-2015, 11:23 PM
The committee has come to the agreement to change the name to Pocket Legends Union of Gamers (PLUG).

Will we travel from all over the world to Austin, Texas for a notorious strike?

GRIZZY
01-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Will we travel from all over the world to Austin, Texas for a notorious strike?

No strikes yet. Just demand rights and updates for the best game of all time

Sheugokin
01-16-2015, 04:09 PM
No strikes yet. Just demand rights and updates for the best game of all time

What are our rights? The right to demand updates ??

bearuang
01-17-2015, 05:32 AM
DEFENDING. AL HERE
but
JS
lets beckon stomp plox to the arlor

Jig
01-17-2015, 08:21 AM
lets beckon stomp plox to the arlor