PDA

View Full Version : Hammerjaw and Glacian

Volt
01-14-2015, 11:52 PM
I've been thinking recently about the two pets, Glacian and Hammerjaw. I find it strange that both are being removed from locked crates simultaneously.

From what I remember,

-Hooks and Hammerjaw were from one season.

-Maul and glacian were from the next season.

From this I see no reason as to why glacian should also be removed at this point of time.

Hooks were removed from locked chests without the arcane maul. So the only reasonable item to be removed at this moment should be the Hammerjaw egg. Glacian is still a viable option for rogues especially in the twink levels.

I find it a better option to keep glacian for the moment then remove both the glacian and arcane maul together later on in the year.

I don't know stg's main intentions on the removal of glacian. I don't want to make any nonsense assumptions as to why they would do this, but it might have something to do with the current market price of glacian and the introduction of this new (Arcane?) pet.

Please share your thoughts and I would also like to see what the company thinks of this

Night

Zylx
01-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Are they lootable in their respective elite chests, or are they just discontinued? Permanently?

Caabatric
01-15-2015, 12:46 AM
sounds legit....
overall though i agree as this further limits lock opening especially if the new pet is a disappointment.
With 2 arcane pets this actually further increased the arcane drop chance though the value of that item may be little in comparison.
with one new pet the arcane drop will decrease but will cause an initial increase in lock opening. Ofc if this pet is another sam type pet than the lock opening will last a good 6-8 months.

I havent openened locks so im just going on theory for much of this but yes i agree that glacian should stay.

Kingofninjas
01-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Tbh, I dont think arcane pets should be removed at all. They are not lootable in any other way, so if the are removed from crates, we need another way to get them.

Appeltjes
01-15-2015, 02:15 AM
Tbh a lot of lower lvl (rogue) twinks prefer hj over glacian :)

Volt
01-15-2015, 02:28 AM
Tbh a lot of lower lvl (rogue) twinks prefer hj over glacian :)

It's preference, yes, although when I twinked the pros (rogues) would use glacian. Glacian has some nice stats, but it's also good to keep in mind the mana regeneration. The crit can make a glacian rogue comparable to a Sam rogue (some would argue that glacian is better than Samael at lower levels). Preference :)

Appeltjes
01-15-2015, 02:33 AM
It's preference, yes, although when I twinked the pros (rogues) would use glacian. Glacian has some nice stats, but it's also good to keep in mind the mana regeneration. The crit can make a glacian rogue comparable to a Sam rogue (some would argue that glacian is better than Samael at lower levels). Preference :)

It's mostly hj his aa why he is used a lot :p

Volt
01-15-2015, 02:34 AM
Tbh, I dont think arcane pets should be removed at all. They are not lootable in any other way, so if the are removed from crates, we need another way to get them.

I'm still not sure if they are looted in their elite golden crates. Like the arcane hooks I assume they will be.

Appeltjes
01-15-2015, 02:36 AM
I'm still not sure if they are looted in their elite golden crates. Like the arcane hooks I assume they will be.

Did someone also actually loot this in an elite chest? xD

Rx8
01-15-2015, 04:22 AM
Are they lootable in their respective elite chests, or are they just discontinued? Permanently?

Most likely gone forever or an event weekend.

Universalpro
01-15-2015, 05:03 AM
I bet it has something to do with the introduction of the new pet.
I dont think it has anything to do with the current glacian/hj prices

Bunny♥
01-15-2015, 05:24 AM
these cheap red pets still fund some smiles to those who cant afford 15mil red pets in game so taking them off and make them rare would wipe those smiles to those players who are not able to get 15mil in game to get the other arcane pets.

Volt
01-15-2015, 05:28 AM
these cheap red pets still fund some smiles to those who cant afford 15mil red pets in game so taking them off and make them rare would wipe those smiles to those players who are not able to get 15mil in game to get the other arcane pets.

I wouldn't like it if these two pets were Rare Tbh. I was thinking of getting them later on for my rogue. -smile gets wiped- :(

Niek van Gendt
01-15-2015, 05:29 AM
Uhm.... How are you guys so sure that there will be a new pet?

Bunny♥
01-15-2015, 05:31 AM
I wouldn't like it if these two pets were Rare Tbh. I was thinking of getting them later on for my rogue. -smile gets wiped- :(

:( .

Ravager
01-15-2015, 07:01 AM
Well I believe it would raise the chance of getting a fossil, singe, samael or new arcane pet instead of a glacian. Sounds somewhat better.

Universalpro
01-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Uhm.... How are you guys so sure that there will be a new pet?
Check out announcements section, the post old in new out.. Thrs a link to a post in insider section..

Universalpro
01-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Well I believe it would raise the chance of getting a fossil, singe, samael or new arcane pet instead of a glacian. Sounds somewhat better.
Agreed

Xeusx
01-15-2015, 07:23 AM
You forgot arcane shard.

Higuani
01-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Arcane WEAPONS we can loot in elite chests
Arcane EGGS we only loot in lockeds.

to the players who said removing hj/glacian would buff arcane rarity in lockeds i just laughed at that. There is now much lower chance to get an arcane item at all.
And yes i prefer glacian over hj in twinks the mana/crit is Always been good for a rogue. I have the same crit as rogues with a samael. With a MUCH lower budget.

Appeltjes
01-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Arcane WEAPONS we can loot in elite chests
Arcane EGGS we only loot in lockeds.

to the players who said removing hj/glacian would buff arcane rarity in lockeds i just laughed at that. There is now much lower chance to get an arcane item at all.
And yes i prefer glacian over hj in twinks the mana/crit is Always been good for a rogue. I have the same crit as rogues with a samael. With a MUCH lower budget.

Uhmm nope, u could look at it like some weird wheel of fortune, you first spin it once to get a certain rarity after that you spin it again to get an item of that rarity.

The chances won't increase neither will they decrease.

Higuani
01-15-2015, 10:18 AM
We would never know how the system works imo.
For me how more of 1 rarity how more chances you get it. Thats how i think it is lol xd

Dalmony
01-15-2015, 12:27 PM
From what I've understood from a post I read a long time ago when you get loot in chests it does two rolls: first it rolls the rarity and then it rolls the actual item.

With 9 Arcane items in creates: 0.01% chance to get Arcane rarity; 0.12% chance of that being the new pet means -> 0.0011% chance of looting new arcane pet.

With 7 Arcane items in crates: 0.01% chance to roll Arcane rarity; 0.14% chance of that being the new pet -> 0.0014% chance of looting new pet.

Statistics are made up as an example (I am guessing chances of getting an Arcane are less than 0.01% >.<) and additionally I'm bad at maths so that might not actually be how this stuff is worked out XD.

But the point is realistically this just very marginally increases chance of getting a new pet without reducing the chance of getting an Arcane in general.

If by some miracle the new pet is either not Arcane, or not found in crates, then this still applies for the other Arcane items left in crates.

The question is: Why aren't any of the mythics being removed? Hmmm ^_^

As someone has said above we have no way of knowing for certain how it works anyways.... but there's my 2 cents of speculation.

Ravager
01-15-2015, 12:55 PM
From what I've understood from a post I read a long time ago when you get loot in chests it does two rolls: first it rolls the rarity and then it rolls the actual item.

With 9 Arcane items in creates: 0.01% chance to get Arcane rarity; 0.12% chance of that being the new pet means -> 0.0011% chance of looting new arcane pet.

With 7 Arcane items in crates: 0.01% chance to roll Arcane rarity; 0.14% chance of that being the new pet -> 0.0014% chance of looting new pet.

Statistics are made up as an example (I am guessing chances of getting an Arcane are less than 0.01% >.<) and additionally I'm bad at maths so that might not actually be how this stuff is worked out XD.

But the point is realistically this just very marginally increases chance of getting a new pet without reducing the chance of getting an Arcane in general.

If by some miracle the new pet is either not Arcane, or not found in crates, then this still applies for the other Arcane items left in crates.

The question is: Why aren't any of the mythics being removed? Hmmm ^_^

As someone has said above we have no way of knowing for certain how it works anyways.... but there's my 2 cents of speculation.

The rolls are either that way or rarity first and then item vs egg roll and then within that.

So far it seems like they don't remove mythics because they make it a special event to remove them.

Zeus
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM
The rolls are either that way or rarity first and then item vs egg roll and then within that.

So far it seems like they don't remove mythics because they make it a special event to remove them.

Swede or Carapace confirmed for me a while ago that rolls work like this:

First the rarity is chosen and then from there, there are two categories if arcane: weapon or egg. Egg is the more common of the two while Weapon category is the rarer. Shard and Fossil are stored in the weapon category which is why they are so difficult to loot.

Ravager
01-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Swede or Carapace confirmed for me a while ago that rolls work like this:

First the rarity is chosen and then from there, there are two categories if arcane: weapon or egg. Egg is the more common of the two while Weapon category is the rarer. Shard and Fossil are stored in the weapon category which is why they are so difficult to loot.

Yeah I remember you posted that. Fossil in weapon category. ??? That's terrible....

Zeus
01-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah I remember you posted that. Fossil in weapon category. ??? That's terrible....

Yep, crafting components go in the weapon category...unfortunately. :(

Kingofninjas
01-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Am i the only one hoping the hazy image is actually a distorted lvl 41 mythic ring? Or maybe an NPC that gives u a free ring. Jk

Inan'hesh
01-15-2015, 01:37 PM
But the question remains...

Are Glacian and Hammerjaw becomes discontinued pets? Or we can still get them in another way?

epicrrr
01-15-2015, 02:23 PM
With this removal, i still cant wrap my head around HJ and Glacian price increase been trying to get a hj for a friend but they are being OP. TF this isnt acceptable if his AA is better than sam or singe then go go go increase for all i care.

Who would buy HJ and Glac at a high price knowing that a new arcane pet coming and there are better alternatives?

Collectors? lol

kinzmet
01-15-2015, 02:42 PM
With this removal, i still cant wrap my head around HJ and Glacian price increase been trying to get a hj for a friend but they are being OP. TF this isnt acceptable if his AA is better than sam or singe then go go go increase for all i care.

Who would buy HJ and Glac at a high price knowing that a new arcane pet coming and there are better alternatives?

Collectors? lol

IKR? Luckily I have stashed a few of them, I love merching when these things happens (*evil laughter*)

siddhant
01-15-2015, 02:46 PM
assuming the new arcane pet would again favour rouges wow rouges already have hj glacian and sam and now this ..mage only has singe and war use sam in general just wow..

kinzmet
01-15-2015, 02:49 PM
assuming the new arcane pet would again favour rouges wow rouges already have hj glacian and sam and now this ..mage only has singe and war use sam in general just wow..

The new arcane pet will favour all, because his a ginnie.

siddhant
01-15-2015, 02:50 PM
The new arcane pet will favour all, because his a ginnie.
isnt a ginnie supposed to be favoring mage like magic O.o

kinzmet
01-15-2015, 02:54 PM

Hmmm you got a point...maybe he will favour mages..

siddhant
01-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Hmmm you got a point...maybe he will favour mages..
yay
PS: WHATEVER I THINK DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN SO NOT MUCH ENJOYMENT:P

stackz
01-15-2015, 04:12 PM
But the question remains...

Are Glacian and Hammerjaw becomes discontinued pets? Or we can still get them in another way?

I have a feeling these will do like some of the mythic pets...return for an egg weekend to be bought for plat and be tradeable.

I can imagine the plat cost though since arcane. Itll be a plat mine for sts

nevercan
01-15-2015, 05:13 PM

yay
PS: WHATEVER I THINK DOESNT REALLY HAPPEN SO NOT MUCH ENJOYMENT:P
Just wow first 3 treats where you didnt use "ty" on the end

cami
01-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I think that new "Pet" that is coming soon is a combination of glacian and hammer.

20% damage, 25 str, dex, int + 10 primarity stats
Power: Ice shield for 6 sec
AA: 7% Critical, chance stun, +15 str, dex, int.

nevercan
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
I think that new "Pet" that is coming soon is a combination of glacian and hammer.

20% dmg is alot for rouge in pve and wurthles for pvp rouge

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Sam is the new hj. Get your egg for 5m soon.

Noisse
01-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Are new arcane pet better than breeze?? it becomes Useless if breeze still OP

Joking pet

Kingofninjas
01-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Sam is the new hj. Get your egg for 5m soon.

I wish!!! lol

siddhant
01-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Just wow first 3 treats where you didnt use "ty" on the end
lolz ty xd

epicrrr
01-16-2015, 12:27 AM

OMG if its another damage stats for a pet who does not even work for rog on PVP, and on PVE rog has enough damage already.

Remiem
01-16-2015, 01:05 PM
So, hopefully I can help clarify some things here. We are removing Hammerjaw and Glacian based on the general community feedback that they were outdated and not as desirable as they once were. Arcane eggs never dropped from Elite chests, so ultimately the chance to loot these pets will be gone. There is always the possibility of returning them for a special event, but no promises there. :)

Removing two pets will actually increase your odds of looting the other Arcane items, because the pool is smaller. It goes kind of like this: Unlock Crate > Roll for rarity > ARCANE! > Roll for Arcane item > Arcane Shard! '

Previously, if you rolled to loot an Arcane you had a 1 in 7 chance of any particular item you were going for. Now, reducing that pool by removing two items, we are essentially boosting your odds to 1 in 5.

Yes, they will still be incredibly rare, but you will be more likely to loots something that you're really happy about because there are less options in the crates.

Make sense? :)

Spell
01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
So, hopefully I can help clarify some things here. We are removing Hammerjaw and Glacian based on the general community feedback that they were outdated and not as desirable as they once were. Arcane eggs never dropped from Elite chests, so ultimately the chance to loot these pets will be gone. There is always the possibility of returning them for a special event, but no promises there. :)

Removing two pets will actually increase your odds of looting the other Arcane items, because the pool is smaller. It goes kind of like this: Unlock Crate > Roll for rarity > ARCANE! > Roll for Arcane item > Arcane Shard! '

Previously, if you rolled to loot an Arcane you had a 1 in 7 chance of any particular item you were going for. Now, reducing that pool by removing two items, we are essentially boosting your odds to 1 in 5.

Yes, they will still be incredibly rare, but you will be more likely to loots something that you're really happy about because there are less options in the crates.

I've see tha light remiem *_*

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 02:22 PM

Isnt it going to be 1 in 6 now? Considering the new arcane pet[emoji12]

johnsr
01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm just happy we got rid of another stupid shark! I hate sharks -,-

Sakurahb
01-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Isnt it going to be 1 in 6 now? Considering the new arcane pet[emoji12]
Seems like this will be not an arcane pet....Lets wait xD

Sakurahb
01-16-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm just happy we got rid of another stupid shark! I hate sharks -,-
Nah I know you love sharks John :)

Whoooop!

kinzmet
01-16-2015, 08:36 PM

Thanks for listening, the general community feedback was those two pets were outdated and not as desirable as they were once. Because the community wants some kind of buff/fix to make those arcane pets up-to-date and desirable again and not to make them gone for good.

I know you said that they may return for special events but no promises, but I kinda hoping to make it event "gold tier price" in the future :D.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for listening, the general community feedback was those two pets were outdated and not as desirable as they were once. Because the community wants some kind of buff/fix to make those arcane pets up-to-date and desirable again and not to make them gone for good.

I know you said that they may return for special events but no promises, but I kinda hoping to make it event "gold tier price" in the future :D.
Gold tier price? U want them to be 200k? Lol

Bunny♥
01-16-2015, 09:30 PM

putting glacian and hj back to crates on special events seems fair. Thanks for the info.

Volt
01-16-2015, 09:35 PM

This is awesome. Thank you for the information!

It's all clear now =)

kinzmet
01-17-2015, 01:20 AM
Gold tier price? U want them to be 200k? Lol

Or platinum tier price, or LB price whatever..
Its better than being totaly unobtainable.

siddhant
01-17-2015, 01:51 AM
many rouge twinks still use glacian...gl to the future twinks u will have to buy sam now:p

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Or platinum tier price, or LB price whatever..
Its better than being totaly unobtainable.
I m pretty sure they will be back in a special weekend