PDA

View Full Version : Frost Bow Update Today!!!!

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Frost-Touched Bow
The proc rate on this one was indeed quite low, so we made the following changes:

+ Proc rate has been increased
+ The proc'd whirlpool now sucks in enemies toward it instead of knocking them back.
+ Whirlpools now do more damage per tick and on impact.
+ Now two proc'd whirlpools can be active at once, up from 1.
+ The bow now has a a 50% chance to freeze on the first hit (PvE only.)

These changes will go into effect 1/15.

Who is going to switch to Frost Bow over the Elondrian bow? I use both daggers and bow, but have switched to frost bow a few weeks ago. I am a PvE player so the passive healing isn't really a big deal to me on the elon bow. I'm really excited to see the mechanics on this update with the whirlwind proc drawing in instead of scattering, and to have two of them simultaneously. What are your thoughts on these bow changes?

GoodSyntax
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
My thought is that I wish I had enough gold to buy a Frost Bow last week :-/

With all of these new updates, the Elon bow looks rather pedestrian. I always hated the Frost Bow because of the scattering effect, but a pull is something I would gladly trade in my old Elon for. Not so sure how valuable 50% chance to freeze would be combined with a whirlpool pull somewhere else, but still, it seems nicely damage focused.

Guess this makes the Frost bow the more desirable item. The Elon bow really only has one desirable proc, which is the passive heal (the bush is silly, unpredictable, low damage/heal and basically worthless). And, even with the passive heal, in PvE, it has limited value, since pots > passive heal.

Any possibility to trade in the Elon Bush proc for an AoE root/snare proc?

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
I got lucky and looted a frost bow on a single event crate I opened on a whim!

The bush never did work right, that I agree with.

Rx8
01-15-2015, 09:23 AM

ouch! lucky you candy!

Zeus
01-15-2015, 12:59 PM

Pun intended? :p

Veluthe
01-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Wish I had gold to buy one of these bows lol but I never will! Frost seems better for pve than elon by far to me even before update. I mean wtf u need a heal bush for when u can use pots?