PDA

View Full Version : How regular people play AL

Imsofancy
01-15-2015, 01:57 PM
We farm and we farm and we farm, and we hope we get lucky, we run with friends and run with randoms and get angry when we end up looting a blue when we spend our 1 of 7 platinum on a revive. when we first began we didn't know what a guild was, we thought 20k gold was a fortune. we thought we were pro when we killed a Jarl and thought this game was really really difficult when we tried to kill Bael alone. We had no idea what skills we needed, and thought that the each skill was equally important. When we ventured into pvp we said "good game" with complete honesty when 5 players attacked us at once, we felt like we had a chance to get somewhere, and that everyone was equal and that things were just a matter of determination and skill. We always checked out the really expensive things in auction when we didn't even have 1/100 of the gold to purchase them. We thought someone was cool and looked knowledgeable so we sent them a friend request thinking that they would give it a serious thought before pressing ignore or accept. We don't know when events are about to come, or when a pvp tournament is going to go down. We had a sense of wonder when we started this game, and we never expected to stop playing.

siddhant
01-15-2015, 02:03 PM
so true i did or thought above all the above mentioned stuff especially the one abt jarl brought back some old memories:)

Fauksuras
01-15-2015, 02:13 PM
So true, almost tragic.

epicrrr
01-15-2015, 02:19 PM
i look at all names at my request list before ignoring :)

Pirate Captain
01-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Do another except call it how irregular people play AL

Veluthe
01-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Some of us are still like that lol

Clickbangboom
01-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Made me laugh, but it's funny because it's true! :)

BaronB
01-15-2015, 04:47 PM
So im not rich with the 20k gold I have stashed ? :(

Lool nice post tho xD

Candylicks
01-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Yup this was best post of the day!

Really though going through Al for the first time is probably the very best time in the game. No stress, just stumbling through. I hope all new players enjoy as we did our first time around.

Gorecaster
01-15-2015, 04:54 PM
#fadedmemories

Artoholics
01-15-2015, 05:16 PM
When I started, it was season 2 and everything was okay. [emoji12]I did most of the things you wrote too xD but when I'm thinking in how it's now, I start to notice that the difference between rich and poor get's bigger and bigger.

Imsofancy
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
I made this thread as a kind of reminder that we all started out the same. We are all equals no matter what kinda gear we have. Many players need to have this knocked back into there increasingly thick skulls.

Wutzgood
01-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Lol nice post and so true.

ClumsyCactus
01-18-2015, 04:09 PM
The part about how we sent friend request to people Who looked strong is so true, it makes me feel so cold for rejecting all friendrequests from people in outpost...

Twix
01-18-2015, 06:17 PM
And now its just sit in travelers outpost and pay your way to endgame gears without killing a single monster (except for leveling up, of course!)

gun
01-19-2015, 07:58 PM
nice post!

buying
01-19-2015, 08:32 PM
lol too truee

Zylx
01-19-2015, 11:00 PM
I was a complete troll when i first started. I used to sit in kraag castle and troll with people. Lol. It took me like 6 months to cap

Fyrce
01-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Actually, once I think I will actually play a game, I not only start repeatedly to check out the world, but I also peruse their forums and guides extensively.

Guess I might be OCD that way.

toxorto
01-27-2015, 11:24 AM
We farm and we farm and we farm, and we hope we get lucky, we run with friends and run with randoms and get angry when we end up looting a blue when we spend our 1 of 7 platinum on a revive. when we first began we didn't know what a guild was, we thought 20k gold was a fortune. we thought we were pro when we killed a Jarl and thought this game was really really difficult when we tried to kill Bael alone. We had no idea what skills we needed, and thought that the each skill was equally important. When we ventured into pvp we said "good game" with complete honesty when 5 players attacked us at once, we felt like we had a chance to get somewhere, and that everyone was equal and that things were just a matter of determination and skill. We always checked out the really expensive things in auction when we didn't even have 1/100 of the gold to purchase them. We thought someone was cool and looked knowledgeable so we sent them a friend request thinking that they would give it a serious thought before pressing ignore or accept. We don't know when events are about to come, or when a pvp tournament is going to go down. We had a sense of wonder when we started this game, and we never expected to stop playing.
This exactly!!!

Pandaxxo
01-27-2015, 10:12 PM
True lol!

mmaachilles211
01-28-2015, 12:16 AM

Wow this is so good and was me for so long haha love it man!!! Great post !!!!

CouchPass
01-29-2015, 03:10 PM
So sad but true.. but the best part of AL is not when you get a Singe or loot a mythic pendant recipe, it's how we all got through those stumbles at the very beginning. It's how we made friends and how we learned everything through up's and down's.

+1 Imsofancy's post was amazing

Franocazzzo
01-29-2015, 10:40 PM
This was great reminds me of how I used to first play al. Now I tried going back to being a Noob and started all over but never felt the same.

JohnnyHardcore
01-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Kudos man, basically on the nose with that one. I'm still relatively new so its all fresh.

Note, you missed "heard every offer and checked every trade window when somebody said they had something to sell you."

Dunno about anyone else but many times I'd open a trade window from some random who ended up offering a crap item for a ridiculous amount of gold, only to spend the time checking auction house to be jaded and disillusioned when I realized scammer was asking 9 times what it is worth.