PDA

View Full Version : PVP items exclusively for those who want to Pvp

regizakirs.rs
01-15-2015, 08:06 PM
I don't know if this a good idea or not but it was something that I thought about.

How about trying to implement a vendor that sells exclusive pvp items for those who like to twink. Let's say you have a pvp experience count or something. And you gain experience for winning or doing certain things during the fight that moves the bar up and as it moves up you unlock certain things that you can buy such as weapons, armor, helms, rings, pets, etc. And even exclusive vanities that show your twinking prowess.

siddhant
01-15-2015, 11:41 PM
nice idea +1

Caabatric
01-15-2015, 11:50 PM
seems cool but this encourages dummy farming so that people could get the kills needed to buy better gear...

regizakirs.rs
01-16-2015, 12:11 AM
This is true Caabtric do you think they could implement a system that detects dummy farming? I haven't though that far yet. If you have ideas for that I would like to hear them.[emoji4]

Caabatric
01-16-2015, 12:25 AM
lol i find problems not solutions c:
perhaps to attain these equips rather than pvp wins losses k/d etc you could preform special dungeons.
ex: To obtain +3 primary defeat these 3 mages at the same time.
Those mages would do about 10% of your health per skill and 3 skills launched every 5 seconds or so. Have a combined health of 2 times the average twink health for the level. (some scaling would be done here)

GoodSyntax
01-16-2015, 01:26 AM
There are some critical flaws in PvP right now....namely, ganging, blocking, and stacking certain pets, etc.

In my mind, we can squash the ganging and blocking by making PvP room anonymous. Each player gets assigned Player 1, 2, 3, 4... The red team gets a special red PvP vanity, the blue team gets a special blue PvP vanity during the match. This vanity overrides anything else you put on (hence, keeping the game anonymous). You cannot join matches through your friend/guild list, and you cannot choose which team to play on - this way, teams are automatically balanced.

From there, I would like to see new pets added. The major problem I see are teams stacking SnS, Breeze, Sam, etc. What I don't see in game, and what I think needs to be added are pets to combat these things. I had an idea in the chat box earlier today, where there should be a new mythic pet added. This pet would be considered a "support" pet, which has an AA of "Dispel". This dispel ability would neutralize status effects, like freeze, stun, etc, kind of like how IronBite or Misty neutralizes things. To extend this a bit further, this pet would neutralize opponents pet AA's while in range.

So, in effect stacking Breeze or SnS can be countered with one or two of these new pets.

Another idea would be to add a second support pet, but this one has an AA which serves to debuff opponents in range, something along the lines of -25% armor, -25% DMG, while also casting a snare.

In effect, this opens up PvP to the point where one team cannot simply rotate and abuse a certain pet's AA because it can be countered. Better yet, it can be countered by one players pet AA and a second player can cast a crippling debuff while a third player buffs the team with Singe. This adds a real element of strategy, team cooperation and pet selection considerations, which has been lacking for several seasons now.

Without a real choice or strategy necessary in PvP, it has become all about gear/pets and the size/strength of your guild. PvP should be fun and engaging, not the source of endless drama. I think the addition of anonymous rooms and support type pets would really spice things up in the PvP world....

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 01:32 AM
First sts should bann people like this instead of giving them free banners...

regizakirs.rs
01-16-2015, 01:59 AM
I have given some thoughts about what you mentioned in a previous thread Caabtric. Let's say team A, B, C vs X, Y, Z for instance right. Have a kill counter for each player just in case let's say player A kills player Y 5 times he can't get keep getting points for killing player Y cause obviously player A is the better player. And once a certain kill number has been reached they would have to leave the room and find other people to play against. I know this has plenty of holes in it but, it's just something that I'm throwing around.

ClumsyCactus
01-16-2015, 01:59 AM
There are some critical flaws in PvP right now....namely, ganging, blocking, and stacking certain pets, etc.

In my mind, we can squash the ganging and blocking by making PvP room anonymous. Each player gets assigned Player 1, 2, 3, 4... The red team gets a special red PvP vanity, the blue team gets a special blue PvP vanity during the match. This vanity overrides anything else you put on (hence, keeping the game anonymous). You cannot join matches through your friend/guild list, and you cannot choose which team to play on - this way, teams are automatically balanced.

From there, I would like to see new pets added. The major problem I see are teams stacking SnS, Breeze, Sam, etc. What I don't see in game, and what I think needs to be added are pets to combat these things. I had an idea in the chat box earlier today, where there should be a new mythic pet added. This pet would be considered a "support" pet, which has an AA of "Dispel". This dispel ability would neutralize status effects, like freeze, stun, etc, kind of like how IronBite or Misty neutralizes things. To extend this a bit further, this pet would neutralize opponents pet AA's while in range.

So, in effect stacking Breeze or SnS can be countered with one or two of these new pets.

Another idea would be to add a second support pet, but this one has an AA which serves to debuff opponents in range, something along the lines of -25% armor, -25% DMG, while also casting a snare.

In effect, this opens up PvP to the point where one team cannot simply rotate and abuse a certain pet's AA because it can be countered. Better yet, it can be countered by one players pet AA and a second player can cast a crippling debuff while a third player buffs the team with Singe. This adds a real element of strategy, team cooperation and pet selection considerations, which has been lacking for several seasons now.

Without a real choice or strategy necessary in PvP, it has become all about gear/pets and the size/strength of your guild. PvP should be fun and engaging, not the source of endless drama. I think the addition of anonymous rooms and support type pets would really spice things up in the PvP world....

That pet is a good idea, im imagening like a SNS pool and within it no stuns and no pet AAs.

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 02:05 AM
Lets buff scorch so he can counter pet AA's ^^

siddhant
01-16-2015, 04:37 AM

Amazing post y cant sts impelement some of the above mentioned stuff

siddhant
01-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Lets buff scorch so he can counter pet AA's ^^
Scorch could be one of the pet but not the only one plz because it is only available from plats just yesterday i heard clyde is one of the best legendary stun pet for mage so todae i tried finding it in cs and got nothing then i opened stable to see what this pet is abt and saw ahh only available through plats cant ever get 1 just like there is misty(plat available)and ironbite (available to all) so the pet that can remove aa should also be available to all not like only scorch just saying ty.

Robhawk
01-16-2015, 05:05 AM
In my mind, we can squash the ganging and blocking by making PvP room anonymous. Each player gets assigned Player 1, 2, 3, 4... The red team gets a special red PvP vanity, the blue team gets a special blue PvP vanity during the match.

There is 1 big problem about that:

Why do ppl PVP ? Fo fame and admiration !!!

This isnt possible anonymously !!!

siddhant
01-16-2015, 05:19 AM
There is 1 big problem about that:

Why do ppl PVP ? Fo fame and admiration !!!

This isnt possible anonymously !!!
Tbh there are hardly any twinks who pvp for the above mentioned stuff tell me how many twinks do u even know or admire?...we pvp for fun it is more fun trying to fight witn ppl who think alike rather than the same computer mobs over and over again just saying
PS:i think u hate pvp cauz maybe u got owned by some max gear players in pvp wkwk ty.

Robhawk
01-16-2015, 05:30 AM
Tbh there are hardly any twinks who pvp for the above mentioned stuff tell me how many twinks do u even know or admire?...we pvp for fun it is more fun trying to fight witn ppl who think alike rather than the same computer mobs over and over again just saying
PS:i think u hate pvp cauz maybe u got owned by some max gear players in pvp wkwk ty.

I have to tell you that i really dont care for twinking as a whole!
There is no reason to twink except the fact you are not good enough for endgame. There are many twinks with gear and pets worth 40m or more gold so its not a financial thing its just... you know.

There are severall outstanding players, f.e. Zeus or RavagerX and so on... with Serenchas idea it just would be Player1/Player2/Player3/Player4... no fame, no game! ;)

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 06:23 AM
First sts should bann people like this instead of giving them free banners...
Why ban ppl like those?
Whats wrong with him? Idk if hes good/skilled in pvp or not but i do know hes using a 10/10 para gem set and hence he is probably strong lol

Leonut
01-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Pvp is at the back of the burner for stg. It's their loss. Pvp is a huge draw for a mmo. It's a shame they refuse to develop on it.

siddhant
01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
There is no reason to twink except the fact you are not good enough for endgame. There are many twinks with gear and pets worth 40m or more gold so its not a financial thing its just... you know.

There are severall outstanding players, f.e. Zeus or RavagerX and so on... with Serenchas idea it just would be Player1/Player2/Player3/Player4... no fame, no game! ;)
Do u even know cost of pvp at endgame buying an arcane ring is imposibble for most ppl who do not pop crates like me and in one of the thread i have already told u if u give the same gear and pet to a twink and an endgame player result would be on talent and believe me there are lot of twinks with really good skills nostek lawbringer thorluffy civillity outlaw are really guys with great amt of talent in them but sadly in al gear+pet>>>talent ty.

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
Why ban ppl like those?
Whats wrong with him? Idk if hes good/skilled in pvp or not but i do know hes using a 10/10 para gem set and hence he is probably strong lol

Lol your funny, this guy is known as the king of dummy farmers.

Nobody how powerfull he is can have such a kdr, he also already was playing before the time of para's.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 06:52 AM
Lol your funny, this guy is known as the king of dummy farmers.

Nobody how powerfull he is can have such a kdr, he also already was playing before the time of para's.
Oh i didnt know that lol
He did top the warr lb though

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 06:53 AM

Lol there aren't a lot of twinks with that expensive gear, my gear was maybe 7mill of which 3.8-4m went to paras...

Now tell me what could've I reached with that at endgame?

nevercan
01-16-2015, 07:19 AM
Lol there aren't a lot of twinks with that expensive gear, my gear was maybe 7mill of which 3.8-4m went to paras...

Now tell me what could've I reached with that at endgame?
You woud be able to kil an arcane ring rouge in an 1vs5

siddhant
01-16-2015, 07:31 AM
You woud be able to kil an arcane ring rouge in an 1vs5
Lol true xd

UndeadJudge
01-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Oh i didnt know that lol
He did top the warr lb though

The only reason he is on the leaderboard is because he farms dummy alt accounts. It's really not that difficult to see when someone has 40k kills and 100 deaths.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 11:58 AM
The only reason he is on the leaderboard is because he farms dummy alt accounts. It's really not that difficult to see when someone has 40k kills and 100 deaths.
I meant the winter event lb.
But yeah now i get it how he just farms his alts lol

regizakirs.rs
01-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Okay Robhawk yes are right some people pvp for fame and admiration but, if you go in a pvp room and you have a vanity that keeps other people from knowing isn't all that bad. Cause let's say for instance you go in a room and it's zeus your paired against in a one on one match. Your probably going to say oh well I've lost or you will probably try to team with him. But if you don't know who your going against then you will try your best and if you do well at pvp then you could have a vanity or some type of lb that shows how well you have been doing problem solved[emoji106] sorry for using you as an example Zeus.