PDA

View Full Version : Help with Trials!

wvhills
03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
My main is a lvl 47 pure dex bird. I've been trying to lvl up right and have just now started on trials of the galactic overlord and need help defeating the bosses. It took a while just getting the levels unlocked because all the teams I was on wanted to rmk before they ever crushed the keeper. Haha.

Anyway, we finished captive audience pretty easy but had problems on the next guy. I can't remember his name but he's the one who screams and kills everyone who doesn't have an orb. I guess the way to beat him is to let the mages have the orbs so they can rev after he screams and kills everybody (if there's a way to avoid dying without an orb I don't know it!).

Can anyone give me any hints on how a party should go about defeating the galactic overlord? The one I was in thought the best way was for the 2 mages to stay outside the room while we 3 birds went in and unleashed terror, then they'd come in a rev after we died. That didn't even come close to working! Lol. After 10 deaths I just gave up...

KingFu
03-01-2011, 09:33 AM
For Gurgox, there isn't a way to avoid the scream without an orb, unless you get very, very lucky and dodge it. Which is very uncommon.

As for Overlord, there isn't much to him. Just pot (tank and damage) and debuff, and work as a team (mages heal, archers debuff, tanks try and tank) and whenever his orb pops up, lure him over by one of the barrels, then break the barrel with him next to it, therefore, taking down his shield top unleash more damage.

You can add my alts and message me if I'm on to help, and I can invite some friends if you really need it:) Good luck!

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
The boss that screams and unleashes a one-hit attack is called Gurgox. As far as I know, theres no way to survive his scream without an orb and being in range. The best way would be to have mages have priority on orbs, so they can rev.

As for Overlord, the easiest way would be to at least have one bird in the group, and blast shot him when his shields are up. The only other way to get his shield down is by blowing up a barrel close enough to him, which is really hard to do IMO.

There is a glitch way, where a bear grabs his aggro and runs outside to a corner to make OL "stuck" by trying to attack him through Walls. I don't really recommend it since it doesn't really need much ability but the glitch. A good Mage or two to spam heal is good too.

If you get really tired of him, just all damage pot and armour pot and he should be gone in a few seconds :p

Royce
03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
The overlord is much easier with a good bird or two in your group. Getting him onto the barrels to take down his shields can be a total mess in a less than perfectly coordinated group. However, archers cab take down his shield with blast shot, so just rush in blast shot him, and wail away on him. When the shield come back up, blast shot again, and continue until he's dead.

wvhills
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
For Gurgox, there isn't a way to avoid the scream without an orb, unless you get very, very lucky and dodge it. Which is very uncommon.

As for Overlord, there isn't much to him. Just pot (tank and damage) and debuff, and work as a team (mages heal, archers debuff, tanks try and tank) and whenever his orb pops up, lure him over by one of the barrels, then break the barrel with him next to it, therefore, taking down his shield top unleash more damage.

You can add my alts and message me if I'm on to help, and I can invite some friends if you really need it:) Good luck!

Thanks! I'll add you.
Thanks for the rest of the tips too. I got blasted by those barrels a few times but never thought about trying to use one against him. I always focus and evade before going in then blast shot and root, then try to get my combo off. I think the problem was our mages being scared to run into the room. Haha. We had two bird going against him with the other bird running in and out. I can't wait to get started on the quests to get my void stuff!!

Doubletime
03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
The overlord is much easier with a good bird or two in your group. Getting him onto the barrels to take down his shields can be a total mess in a less than perfectly coordinated group. However, archers cab take down his shield with blast shot, so just rush in blast shot him, and wail away on him. When the shield come back up, blast shot again, and continue until he's dead.

Yep. Just like is mentioned above. Make sure you have a good bird in the party and just let the bird use his skills to take down the shield and everyone can then just blast away. A bird with good armor, good dps, a damage pot, and a tank pot can practically take out the overlord by himself or herself. :)

I doubt I will be on much today -- too much work -- but if you still are having problems tomorrow morning, add me (Doubletime) and let me know your IGN and I can come help you out.

KingFu
03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks! I'll add you.
Thanks for the rest of the tips too. I got blasted by those barrels a few times but never thought about trying to use one against him. I always focus and evade before going in then blast shot and root, then try to get my combo off. I think the problem was our mages being scared to run into the room. Haha. We had two bird going against him with the other bird running in and out. I can't wait to get started on the quests to get my void stuff!!

Happy to help:) Just tell me your ign so I don't reject you;) Ill try and remember to look through it today, and I'll add you if I do. :)

Edit:

Yep. Just like is mentioned above. Make sure you have a good bird in the party and just let the bird use his skills to take down the shield and everyone can then just blast away. A bird with good armor, good dps, a damage pot, and a tank pot can practically take out the overlord by himself or herself. :)

I don't think archer skills can take down OLs shield, I thought it was only barrels that did so. Can anyone confirm? Cruel blast might, but I know blast shot doesn't alone. I think the mana shield just has a buff time (like mana shield on enchantress) and the barrels just debuff him (as well as members of the party)

wvhills
03-01-2011, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Mysticaldream;218021]Happy to help:) Just tell me your ign so I don't reject you;) Ill try and remember to look through it today, and I'll add you if I do. :)

I'll let you know here in a few hours when I go to lunch. I play on an ipod and don't have wifi here and my ign was randomly generated and hard to remember. haha.

Doubletime
03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't think archer skills can take down OLs shield, I thought it was only barrels that did so. Can anyone confirm? Cruel blast might, but I know blast shot doesn't alone. I think the mana shield just has a buff time (like mana shield on enchantress) and the barrels just debuff him (as well as members of the party)

Well, I hadn't really thought about it before, but I suppose it could have been full wraith with a megalaster that was taking down the shield and not my skill shots. I haven't actually been back on the Overlord board since changing over to the sewer gear. But I can confirm from personal experience that my bird would take out the overlord shield when I was wearing full wraith with a megablaster and was using my skill shot combos. I guess I didn't ever consider it could be a set bonus or effect over it just being my skills alone.

If I get to play today I will do an experiment and see.

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I always thought blast shot took it off bro. Like a mage's mana shield.

Works every time for me if I was on bird.

Royce
03-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Blast shot removes the shield every time. Mystical, are you thinking of the Keeper maybe?

Moogerfooger
03-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Confirmed. Blast Shot will take his shields down, no Cruel Blast required. Have done it many a time. I almost feel sorry for OL at that point :p

wvhills
03-01-2011, 11:53 AM

My IGN is Uifliasahan. Thanks again!
P.S. If anyone else wants to add me feel free. I know my role. Lol.

kopi
03-01-2011, 01:38 PM
blast shot for overlord. but he does dodge it sometimes

wvhills
03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I doubt I will be on much today -- too much work -- but if you still are having problems tomorrow morning, add me (Doubletime) and let me know your IGN and I can come help you out.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks! I'll be sure to add you too! My IGN is Uifliasahan.

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
One bear stands outside Overlord's room in corner formed by the door and he beckons and taunts. OL is so stupid he stands at the wall trying to get to the bear, instead of going around to the door. Then, USING NO KNOCKBACKS, everyone else(except mage who is for rezzing) enters room and slowly wears him down. Archers must use break armor and blast shot. Do not use the red arrow which has knockback, or OL will stop trying to walk through the wall and he will turn and kill you with one shot.

But f you have all level 50s, especially with Shadow armors, then just go get him.

wvhills
03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
One bear stands outside Overlord's room in corner formed by the door and he beckons and taunts. OL is so stupid he stands at the wall trying to get to the bear, instead of going around to the door. Then, USING NO KNOCKBACKS, everyone else(except mage who is for rezzing) enters room and slowly wears him down. Archers must use break armor and blast shot. Do not use the red arrow which has knockback, or OL will stop trying to walk through the wall and he will turn and kill you with one shot.

But f you have all level 50s, especially with Shadow armors, then just go get him.

Thanks! I definitely need better armor. I was going to go for Void since I know how to get it (through quests). Is shadow better than void? If so, how do you get it?

Royce
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks! I definitely need better armor. I was going to go for Void since I know how to get it (through quests). Is shadow better than void? If so, how do you get it?

Shadow gear is so called because it comes from the shadow caves. There is Hate (Str gear), Shadows (Int gear), and Death (Dex gear). It is in general the best level 50 gear, but it's very difficult to farm since shadow cave drop rates are very low and the maps are time consuming. Going with Void (drops) or Cyber Void (quest rewards) is fine. That gear is plenty good since you will soon be replacing it with sewer gear anyway.

wvhills
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Shadow gear is so called because it comes from the shadow caves. There is Hate (Str gear), Shadows (Int gear), and Death (Dex gear). It is in general the best level 50 gear, but it's very difficult to farm since shadow cave drop rates are very low and the maps are time consuming. Going with Void (drops) or Cyber Void (quest rewards) is fine. That gear is plenty good since you will soon be replacing it with sewer gear anyway.

Thanks! I've been trying to stay on the maps that correspond to my level so I won't be going to the shadow caves for 3 more levels. If I start the quests now maybe I can get all the cyber void stuff before I reach lvl 50 (I'm lvl 47).

adwin
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm online quite often, if you see me that I'm not busy in any instance and I'm just idling in the Townes, invite me.
PM me first and remind me of this post, or I might reject your inv. I hate random invites.
If you need lvl 50 dex gear, I can give you some for free.

As for OL himself: I was usually soloing him when I was lv50, since quite often you find ppl not knowing how to take him down and they just die from his first or second blast.
Here's how you do it at a low level:
- Be sure to equip some good armor
- for lv. < 50, the pink trueshot bows come in handy and cheap
- stock up on potions, you will need them. To be on the safe side, have ~50 (this is mega overkill, but then again, better be safe than sorry)
- take down the lorekeepers first. Make 1 person go in the room, inch slowly towards one of them (go along the walls for the one which is closer to OL), DON'T attack them while in the room or OL will charge at you
Once the lores are out, spam skills and take them down - one at a time or both, if you have a skilled group
- pot up (melee & tanker elixirs), and take him down. Combo first to take down his shields, them spam skills
VERY important, as this WILL save your life:
DON'T be stingy on health pots. Even if you see that only a little of your health has gone down, fill it up to 100%. Make sure you are at 100% AT ALL TIMES.
You will take him down before your elixirs wear off. If you have good equipment, even at your level you can solo him.

Gurgox:
I prefer to solo him, since in public games, you usually find ppl rushing for the same orb.
There's an issue where you can't hear his growl (soundfx get messed up), look for his feet, glowing orange.
You have little time though, since his glow starts AFTER his growl has started.
IF you are in a group, there's a way to save everybody.
Once you're expecting his blast, everybody has to stay near 1 orb, or move from one to the other <->
Just exchange places.
Other than that, take him down the usual boss way. ;]

Sky../
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I've been trying to stay on the maps that correspond to my level so I won't be going to the shadow caves for 3 more levels. If I start the quests now maybe I can get all the cyber void stuff before I reach lvl 50 (I'm lvl 47).

You can't start cyber quest till you're 50.

Royce
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM

IMO that should be changed. It made sense when the quests were just intended to give capped players something to do with their time, but I think now you should be able to do it starting at level 45 so people could actually earn and use the gear when it is still useful for them. Anyone who cares enough might want to post about it in suggestions and feedback.

wvhills
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Ok, thanks! I was wondering why I was having trouble getting them to spawn! Lol.

wvhills
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm online quite often, if you see me that I'm not busy in any instance and I'm just idling in the Townes, invite me.
PM me first and remind me of this post, or I might reject your inv. I hate random invites.
If you need lvl 50 dex gear, I can give you some for free.

As for OL himself: I was usually soloing him when I was lv50, since quite often you find ppl not knowing how to take him down and they just die from his first or second blast.
Here's how you do it at a low level:
- Be sure to equip some good armor
- for lv. < 50, the pink trueshot bows come in handy and cheap
- stock up on potions, you will need them. To be on the safe side, have ~50 (this is mega overkill, but then again, better be safe than sorry)
- take down the lorekeepers first. Make 1 person go in the room, inch slowly towards one of them (go along the walls for the one which is closer to OL), DON'T attack them while in the room or OL will charge at you
Once the lores are out, spam skills and take them down - one at a time or both, if you have a skilled group
- pot up (melee & tanker elixirs), and take him down. Combo first to take down his shields, them spam skills
VERY important, as this WILL save your life:
DON'T be stingy on health pots. Even if you see that only a little of your health has gone down, fill it up to 100%. Make sure you are at 100% AT ALL TIMES.
You will take him down before your elixirs wear off. If you have good equipment, even at your level you can solo him.

Gurgox:
I prefer to solo him, since in public games, you usually find ppl rushing for the same orb.
There's an issue where you can't hear his growl (soundfx get messed up), look for his feet, glowing orange.
You have little time though, since his glow starts AFTER his growl has started.
IF you are in a group, there's a way to save everybody.
Once you're expecting his blast, everybody has to stay near 1 orb, or move from one to the other <->
Just exchange places.
Other than that, take him down the usual boss way. ;]

Thanks! I'll send you a friend request. I'll also take your advice and give it a try! I've got 1000 each of both the health and mana pots so I'm in good shape there! Haha. Hope to see you in game!

superglut2
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
For gur turn in game sounds then u can hear when hes screaming so ull have enough time to get an orb, ur a dex bird so u should attack near an orb so u can quickly get it, hes pretty mich the easiest hero for birds if u do what i said, i hardly ever die on him ( unless im lagging )

Well for ol just pot

KingFu
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Blast shot removes the shield every time. Mystical, are you thinking of the Keeper maybe?

Possibly. Just don't recall blast shore removing boss shields.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Possibly. Just don't recall blast shore removing boss shields.

If you miss it won't break obviously, but I'm not sure if the damage of Blast is a factor of shield-breaking...

Fyrce
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM
You should be able to start cyber armor when you are supposed to be in that dungeon level. That would be L45 or L46, I imagine. Then by the time you are 50, you'll have it to wear.

Maybe when Oasis comes out, it'll be Oasis Sewers :P

Militaryman
03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
You should be able to start cyber armor when you are supposed to be in that dungeon level. That would be L45 or L46, I imagine. Then by the time you are 50, you'll have it to wear.

Maybe when Oasis comes out, it'll be Oasis Sewers :P

Urgh... Gross... Sandy s***...

wvhills
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Well, I got through it! It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. We had two lvl 55 birds and a 55 mage, myself, and a lvl 46 mage. While running to the overlord the 55 mage was giddy over how easy it was going to be with the high level birds. One of the birds said he was going to tank OL so everyone else just wipe out the other guys. We're the ones who got wipped out though. Haha. We only won when everyone bought tank and damage pots. I felt like it was cheating but I got all the maps unlocked anyways.

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm noticing a lot of the high levels in the new gear choosing lots of damage but having very lower armor than normal rift/void/cosmos/shadow gear. That's a bad choice for OL. He's a fast kill, but not THAT fast.