PDA

View Full Version : Dearest PVPers, some advice please..

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 01:08 AM
As a strictly PVE player, I have absolutely no idea what goes in PVP, having never PVPed in any game, ever. Like, I don't know even know what to do, or how to do it- but I think I'd like to give it a shot. What would you recommend for someone in my situation? I'm considering starting a new char for PVP, although I have a lvl 9 warrior and a lvl 16 rogue I use for daily elixirs and farming during events. I have very little to spend on a new char and my lvl 9 and 16 are pretty averagely geared, though my 16 has alright armour and daggers. Will my lack of funds render any PVP attempt futile, or can I muddle through? I'm not too concerned with ratios and what-not, but I don't think it would be much fun to get immediately slaughtered all the time.

What say you all? :)

wowdah
01-16-2015, 01:15 AM
If you are a warrior, it's harder to slaughter than a rogue, but then you kill less usually.

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 01:40 AM
At every lvl, or does that change?

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 01:48 AM
At every lvl, or does that change?

Warriors are best under 10 above 10 they're still op but rogues also are.

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 01:59 AM
My 16 rogue has ice scale force gears and clever heartseekers brut, but lame pets lol would that allow me any fun?

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 02:02 AM
My 16 rogue has ice scale force gears and clever heartseekers brut, but lame pets lol would that allow me any fun?

You would be able to kill the random noobs walking around and some 'twinks' like you who walk around in the not to good gears:p

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 02:14 AM
I don't mind dying as long as I get to kill a bit too lol what is a good build for PVP? you can't use pots right, so mana pet and heal packs essential?

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 02:15 AM
And what exactly is TDM, as in, how does it work and what do you do?

Appeltjes
01-16-2015, 03:45 AM
And what exactly is TDM, as in, how does it work and what do you do?

Tdm stands for team deathmatch, it consists of 2 teams which both can have a maximum of 4 players, you're in a forest map (trulle's forest). There's 2 mana packs in this map and one big troll (trulle). The first team to reach 20 kills wins the match.

siddhant
01-16-2015, 07:39 AM
firstly i would recommend u to farm some locks and come pvp at 16 with atleast a budget of 500k otherwise u will just be food ...

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 04:22 PM
firstly i would recommend u to farm some locks and come pvp at 16 with atleast a budget of 500k otherwise u will just be food ...

That's good to know, thanks :)

carmine_blade
01-16-2015, 04:22 PM
PVP is expensive because of pet food. Even if you have decent gear, you will still need food for your pet or pets. A lot of times, you're just waiting around while your pet is going hungrier and hungrier.

This is also good to know!

Azageeber
01-16-2015, 04:58 PM
As a strictly PVE player, I have absolutely no idea what goes in PVP, having never PVPed in any game, ever. Like, I don't know even know what to do, or how to do it- but I think I'd like to give it a shot. What would you recommend for someone in my situation? I'm considering starting a new char for PVP, although I have a lvl 9 warrior and a lvl 16 rogue I use for daily elixirs and farming during events. I have very little to spend on a new char and my lvl 9 and 16 are pretty averagely geared, though my 16 has alright armour and daggers. Will my lack of funds render any PVP attempt futile, or can I muddle through? I'm not too concerned with ratios and what-not, but I don't think it would be much fun to get immediately slaughtered all the time.

What say you all? :)

So... The important thing anout pvp is that you can't use pots or elixirs and rogues have nerfed stats. It's easier to play on lower lvls, that's why so much ppl have twinks. If u want to know more, just ask me on private ;)

Ophelia
01-17-2015, 12:26 AM
My observation is this:
Of the 3 classes, warriors are best able to compensate for lack of gears with actual skills.

Therefore, if limited funds is your greatest concern, I'd suggest creating a tank ;) they are helluva OP at low lvl twink brackets.

siddhant
01-17-2015, 01:45 AM
create a tank at lvl15 and just heal jugg and vb and most non arcane rouges or mage wont be ableto kill u even if u dont have the best gear.

carmine_blade
01-17-2015, 11:48 PM
great advice thanks everyone, do you think Frist is sufficient for a tank pet? My lvl 9 warrior has one. Or should I lvl him to 15 as someone suggested? and I started a lvl 7 rogue just to enter PVP maps and see for myself, whats the best 50-60k pet for rogue, I was thinking Crawly or Malison, and should I lvl the rogue up to 15? Thanks and sorry for the millions questions lol

siddhant
01-18-2015, 07:26 AM
u should lvl ur tank to 15 they op at that lvl rouge at 15 are good to malison is good pet but a good mage can kill a mali rouge easy at 15

nevercan
01-18-2015, 08:58 AM
PVP is expensive because of pet food. Even if you have decent gear, you will still need food for your pet or pets. A lot of times, you're just waiting around while your pet is going hungrier and hungrier.
You dont need to feed pets
1 use more then 1 pet
2 dont use pet when you are waiting
3 dont play an pvp match longer then 15 min

siddhant
01-19-2015, 02:59 AM
You dont need to feed pets
1 use more then 1 pet
2 dont use pet when you are waiting
3 dont play an pvp match longer then 15 min
1:u cant use 2sam or 2singe zzz
2:waiting on pvp map?
3:clashes last far much more than 15 min
Only farming of food lasts for les than 15min

Primeblades
01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
You should put some thought into making a mage :)

nevercan
01-19-2015, 11:07 AM
1:u cant use 2sam or 2singe zzz
2:waiting on pvp map?
3:clashes last far much more than 15 min
Only farming of food lasts for les than 15min
1 i ment you coud switch them when one is unhappy
2 when you have nothing to do are you just wait u can use no pet
3 thats why you need more then 1 pet!

siddhant
01-19-2015, 12:29 PM
1 i ment you coud switch them when one is unhappy
2 when you have nothing to do are you just wait u can use no pet
3 thats why you need more then 1 pet!

i guess pet run out of food in 7-8 min not 15btw wahaha

carmine_blade
01-25-2015, 02:04 AM
You should put some thought into making a mage :)

My understanding is that mages get eaten alive lol is this correct? :)

Primeblades
01-25-2015, 08:29 PM
My understanding is that mages get eaten alive lol is this correct? :)

Oh yea thats a promise ;) however in my eyes thats why i like mages so much. Its funner to be the underdog using pure skill as your only weapon. Plus mages are funner cause of their interesting assortment of skills, unlike rogues who just spam aimshot then cry when their mana runs out. Warriors are a good and fun class, their skills are fun and they are op at low levels.