PDA

View Full Version : fast leveling

superss
03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
hi all i was wondering what would be the best place to run for xp. im level 48 and looking to get to 50 fast. i know that lots of people like keeper runs but the truth is i don't like them.what would be the #2 place to level? thanks

noneo
03-01-2011, 01:24 PM
A lot of people like Plasma Pyramid as well. That dungeon gives pretty good gold each run as well.

superss
03-01-2011, 01:27 PM
yah i love plasma pyramid too its just you get no xp there at my level :( thanks anyway!

Keohike
03-01-2011, 01:31 PM
i dun know why u dont like keeper but keeper is the way to go. I started keeper from lvl 30 to 53 its the fastest if you really want to level fast and go with a good group.

Moogerfooger
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Keeper runs from 48-52 is the best way to level....I don't think anyone really likes it, but it has probably the best concentration of relatively easy mobs and minibosses over the other AO3 levels. Close Encounters is very spread out and requires a lot of running, Captive Audience can be slow if there is not decent teamwork, This Ends Now has a ton of minibosses that can slow you down, and I forget about Intergalactic Combat's mob numbers but it may be less than Keeper.

superss
03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
thanks everyone!! ill try keeper again see if i can find why i don't like it.

Major
03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Crush the keeper till you are 53 then BS hideout best after that!

adwin
03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Keeper is the way to go. 3 reasons for that:
1: what Mooger mentioned
2: great place to farm for gold - you get a lot of 100+ green drops which you can sell
3: good probability of a valuable pink dropping, compared to other levels (the only level I've seen pinks drop more often is Plasma Pyramid)

An alternative would be Victory Lap (50-53), but you need a good team for that.
The reason? Simple: for roughly the same amount of enemies that are present in the regular dungeons, you get 5 bosses and a lot of sub bosses (berserker, sniper, lore)
which increases the probability of valuable pink drops.
The only time consuming part is moving back from OL -> gurgox.

I see ppl usually doing gurg then OL, but I prefer the opposite, since you can take down OL the tanker way without dying and thus, losing your XP pot, whereas bad timing with gurg's growl can lead to a swift death and losing your xp pot.

BlackRyder
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
yah i love plasma pyramid too its just you get no xp there at my level :( thanks anyway!

Did you ever try Close Encounters?

Moogerfooger
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Close Encounter takes longer than Keeper, due to all the running :p

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Are you really looking for FAST levelling? Because Keeper is the fastest place. When levelling, you can't be choosy.

Or are you looking for fun playing PL? Maybe instead of thinking about the destination, you actually want to experience the journey. If so, start forming parties for Victory Lap. You get fewer mobs (less XP) but lots of bosses. Or try to get a team for Captive Audience. That's a lot of fun. But make sure there is a mage to rez you about ten times! :)

Wrap
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Crush the Keeper in alien oasis 3 (intergalactic combat) is by far the fastest and easiest way to level up for your level. Just do the mobs though, keeper takes to long unless your with a really a good group. Even if you use an xp pot you should break even on the cost of them due to the fact that "green" items drop very often in there and most of them sell for 100+ each.

Run through kill the mummies, then kill all the shadows and remake..just do this for a little bit and you'll level up in no time :)