PDA

View Full Version : please enlighten me

NorthernEcho
01-16-2015, 04:53 PM
At work and i wanted to focus on priorities..

okay, this is the about the vials and really all items period, but will use vials as an example. Im just very curious why the update a day ago crashed vials. Now my concern isnt nesserarily vials them self (although a item with some worth to farm is gone) but its the effect period. I just never played a game that the market was so crazy. I thought the update was just to add a couple places it could drop from. But it seems as if they are dropping constantly due to the price crash. So as I said im more so concerned/curious about why exactly does every item in this game either crash or inflate no stability as ive seen other games for some reason the most common weapons still stayed stabile and have some worth. So overall economy in al is poor or with all do respect sts doesnt correctly make what i would assume basic alterations or perhaps the overall population is too small for the pure amount of the same items being introduced like every item possible to farm is under 5k or very rare so out of reach.. for now.

Ok im done. If you read ty if not no worries I understand.

Im sorry for the length and grammar. I stepped outside for a smoke and tryed to make it quick as possible in this 5 degree weather.

Jazzi
01-16-2015, 05:24 PM

okay, this is the about the vials and really all items period, but will use vials as an example. Im just very curious why the update a day ago crashed vials. Now my concern isnt nesserarily vials them self (although a item with some worth to farm is gone) but its the effect period. I just never played a game that the market was so crazy. I thought the update was just to add a couple places it could drop from. But it seems as if they are dropping constantly due to the price crash. So as I said im more so concerned/curious about why exactly does every item in this game either crash or inflate no stability as ive seen other games for some reason the most common weapons still stayed stabile and have some worth. So overall economy in al is poor or with all do respect sts doesnt correctly make what i would assume basic alterations or perhaps the overall population is too small for the pure amount of the same items being introduced like every item possible to farm is under 5k or very rare so out of reach.. for now.

Im sorry for the length and grammar. I stepped outside for a smoke and tryed to make it quick as possible in this 5 degree weather.

Very good question indeed. I have seen this happen in other games as well. I don't know why it happens, but it seems a common thing. I guess it is just not so easy to find the balance.

FluffNStuff
01-16-2015, 05:39 PM

You can't think of the AL economy like a standard supply/demand market, it is more like a stock market that all the players are invested in. This is why prices are so quick to respond since it is based on speculation. The players expect that the supply will increase and drive down the price, so they start dumping out of the item which causes the price drop to magnify.

Loxonna
01-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Okay

NorthernEcho
01-16-2015, 06:19 PM
You can't think of the AL economy like a standard supply/demand market, it is more like a stock market that all the players are invested in. This is why prices are so quick to respond since it is based on speculation. The players expect that the supply will increase and drive down the price, so they start dumping out of the item which causes the price drop to magnify.

Well I do definetly agree that could be playing a role. but the same thing happens in alot of games. Most noticing in subscription games.

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 10:08 PM
It all started after those bans.. And its even worse now.
I will give u an example.. Locks remained 6-7k even during the x2 myth weekend even though they always used to get 10-12k.. Even the gems didnt rise in prices during the x2 gems weekend.
Imo this is because there is no money in the market. Basically locks and gems used to rise coz as soon as ppl got news of the x2 weekend, merchers started to hoard causing the prices to rise. But merchers atm are already hoarding a lot of winter event stuff so they dont really have inventory/gold to hoard anymore and when merchers stop buying the market will fall.
( just a theory i came up with since one of my friends told me it was the same last year, everything dropped in prices during winter event)

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 10:10 PM
And ppl are more interested in farming tombs/arena atm since its much more profitable than merching now

Bmwmsix
01-17-2015, 12:40 PM
We need asap highly increase in gold drop, equip liquidation by at least 500% this would liven up the economy immediately. And add gold drop like 10k, 25k, 50k on Bosses, Arena instead of.always those 99% non-profitable chests just the Planar Tomb Chest atm lucrative.

Yumisa
01-17-2015, 05:28 PM
You're kinda right, We all know they are not the ''best'' at fixing appropriate drop rates for certain items ;p ^^ but then again its not that easy to guess how many people farm how many times everyday what drop rate should you put...Will this item be rare? will this item be not rare ect...

Bmwmsix
01-18-2015, 11:27 AM
You're kinda right, We all know they are not the ''best'' at fixing appropriate drop rates for certain items ;p ^^ but then again its not that easy to guess how many people farm how many times everyday what drop rate should you put...Will this item be rare? will this item be not rare ect...

Rarety can stay as it is but AL community needs highly more gold and all bosses shld have a rare gold drop and also decrease gold prices on Eva, there are so many ways how to increase gold or return to AL community for their efforts.

noobseller
01-18-2015, 12:17 PM
I need higher gold drop rate, can't rely always on the 1% rich guys to buy my stuff.