PDA

View Full Version : why id the vial drop rate all pf a sudden so high.

lethaljade
01-16-2015, 05:52 PM
I think it was a great idea adding them to the loot table for planar tombs, but this item should be as rare as a archon drop if not rarer, instead its dropping like locked crates from km3. This will drive the fossil price up and eventually make vials worth nothing more then 50k a piece giving people nothing worth while to farm for.

karrdath
01-16-2015, 06:29 PM
I agree the drop rate of vials needs to be re looked over. I'm tired of new items being added and drop in price to the point it's not worth farming anymore in 2 weeks

Visiting
01-16-2015, 06:43 PM
A few hours after the vials were added to the Planar loot tables, they droppe from 1.5mil to 350-400k, within a week, these will be all but worthless most likely. I suggest adding more things that vials can be used for, because there's not all that much fossils being looted, so no point of vials without any fossils....

Madnex
01-16-2015, 08:54 PM
It's just that there are very few fossils in game while thousands of players open the 100% drop master chests every few minutes. Perhaps if we could trade them off for other things too?
Eg. 1 vial for 15 ankhs or 10 vials for a dark crystal armor piece or even 60 vials for an arcane fossil. Then the arena would be actually worth running.

Zeus
01-16-2015, 09:25 PM
It's just that there are very few fossils in game while thousands of players open the 100% drop master chests every few minutes. Perhaps if we could trade them off for other things too?
Eg. 1 vial for 15 ankhs or 10 vials for a dark crystal armor piece or even 60 vials for an arcane fossil. Then the arena would be actually worth running.

10 vials for a dark Crystal armor piece? Any piece? >.>

Zeus
01-16-2015, 09:29 PM
What developers should have done is kept arena loot table and planar loot table different. Fossil is an arena thing so logically, vials should only be obtained through arena. If they drop from tombs as well, what's the point of running arena?

Additionally, 15 vials was fine to craft Nekro. After all, one does need to burn these vials dropping! Also, since they're so rare, bump up the liquidation price from 10,000 to 100,000? This should ensure that one will at least break even by running arena.

Visiting
01-16-2015, 09:35 PM
What developers should have done is kept arena loot table and planar loot table different. Fossil is an arena thing so logically, vials should only be obtained through arena. If they drop from tombs as well, what's the point of running arena?

Additionally, 15 vials was fine to craft Nekro. After all, one does need to burn these vials dropping! Also, since they're so rare, bump up the liquidation price from 10,000 to 100,000? This should ensure that one will at least break even by running arena.

Problem is vials count as a "Rare" item, so naturally their liquidation rate is going to be pretty low. I do agree with Madnab's idea of being able to purchase things with vials, similar to the teeth system, maybe even a purchasable pet with 75 or so vials that can be used to counteract Breezes (but that's another topic).

Zeus
01-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Problem is vials count as a "Rare" item, so naturally their liquidation rate is going to be pretty low. I do agree with Madnab's idea of being able to purchase things with vials, similar to the teeth system, maybe even a purchasable pet with 75 or so vials that can be used to counteract Breezes (but that's another topic).

Rarity doesn't set liquidation price. Proof: Arcane Ring liquidation price vs. Vial liquidation price (1k vs 10k).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Visiting
01-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Rarity doesn't set liquidation price. Proof: Arcane Ring liquidation price vs. Vial liquidation price (1k vs 10k).

Ok Ok, you win that argument, but, wouldn't you agree that making vials useful for somwthin else besides Nekro would help keep their value high?

Zeus
01-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Ok Ok, you win that argument, but, wouldn't you agree that making vials useful for somwthin else besides Nekro would help keep their value high?

Not any of the dark Crystal gear because then that kills the planar chest market. One would basically be taking the money from planar chests and putting it into vials.

Why purchase chests when you can get exactly the piece you want for 10 vials?

Universalpro
01-16-2015, 10:01 PM
I suggest to remove them from planar tombs. Tombs are already worth farming but arena isnt. If vials drop from arena only it will help to control the price and at the same time it will make arena worth farming again

Rx8
01-16-2015, 10:52 PM

>_< i fainted at that example..

Madnex
01-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah 10 seem reasonable and I'll tell you why; right now the market is seemingly flooding because:

People that have been hoarding these previously useless chests now opened all at once.
People that were gathering vials panic sold before prices hit rock bottom.
There are no other uses for them so 99% of vials dropped are being sold, at least initially.

They're already being hoarded because this is exactly what happens every time a previously valuable item is now available fast in much larger quantities. Should the rate be nerfed, a period of dryness will follow where these hoarders will --obviously-- try to sell them higher.

So instead of the buff/nerf cycle STS has agreed to no longer follow, they could simply give us more options on what to do with them. Seeing how the prices are at the moment, it'll probably stabilize around 200k per piece. If they make it 10-15 vials plus planar essence for a dark crystal piece (with 15 for the best versions), they'll go back to 1m for a long long time.

Twix
01-17-2015, 12:40 AM
A guy I know got 2 vials from 15 mobs, and a tank in his pt got one right after -.- drop rate is so broken you can just sit at sorrax and farm vials instead of killing the boss.

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 03:40 AM
Vials should have already dropped to 100k considering the type of drop rate u guys mentioned
The only reason it isnt is that ppl expect the drop rate to be high again as happened before and are hoarding lol

Archerios
01-17-2015, 03:48 AM
maybe they have the same drop rate like essences?I mean they are part of the craft material.

Xorrior
01-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Jade quickly delete this thread cos I ain't looted any. The devs read this and gonna NERF it.

DEVS, lemme at least loot a few before you tighten the screws on the drop rate KTHNXBAI.
Oh and could you fix that bit of code where I'm looting locks from planar like as if I'm in KM3. Replace the variable 'Lock' with the variable 'Elite Planar Chest', ok thanks again.

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 04:04 AM
maybe they have the same drop rate like essences?I mean they are part of the craft material.
No way lolll

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 04:05 AM
Jade quickly delete this thread cos I ain't looted any. The devs read this and gonna NERF it.

DEVS, lemme at least loot a few before you tighten the screws on the drop rate KTHNXBAI.
Lol

Zeus
01-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Yeah 10 seem reasonable and I'll tell you why; right now the market is seemingly flooding because:

People that have been hoarding these previously useless chests now opened all at once.
People that were gathering vials panic sold before prices hit rock bottom.
There are no other uses for them so 99% of vials dropped are being sold, at least initially.

They're already being hoarded because this is exactly what happens every time a previously valuable item is now available fast in much larger quantities. Should the rate be nerfed, a period of dryness will follow where these hoarders will --obviously-- try to sell them higher.

So instead of the buff/nerf cycle STS has agreed to no longer follow, they could simply give us more options on what to do with them. Seeing how the prices are at the moment, it'll probably stabilize around 200k per piece. If they make it 10-15 vials plus planar essence for a dark crystal piece (with 15 for the best versions), they'll go back to 1m for a long long time.

You completely ignored the point where this will just kill the elite planar tomb income for players. All this will do is kill tombs because why purchase chests when you can save up ten vials and buy exactly what you want?

If you want vials to be a token system, then it has to be something that the planar tombs do not already supply. Perhaps Shade? (Shade rarely, if ever, drops from planar tomb chests).

siddhant
01-17-2015, 04:29 AM
err why do u guys wanna buff then nerf everything even if vials price drop to 100 k it will still give much more incentive for not the max gear to even farm it is better having 20 vials drop in 50 runs and price droping to 100k 20*100=2m then one vial dropping in 50 runs and price=1.5m ty.

Veluthe
01-17-2015, 05:05 AM
I havent looted any vials yet. Ive noticed price drop fast though. I agree they should be used for something else too. Or just reduce drop rate a bit. Funny how ppl say buff something tho then nerf later. So hard for devs to please everyone.

lethaljade
01-17-2015, 05:23 AM
I dont think vials should have any other use unless its for a mythic or arcane component, in future pets /items, for now I just think the vial rate should be lower, there are plenty of fossils, a few fossils must get looted every week, so there should only be the amount kf vials that would be needed for these fossils dropping, also its beyond me why 10 vials are only needed now, if they were intending to increase the drop rate, then they should have increased the amount of vials needed.

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 05:38 AM
I dont think vials should have any other use unless its for a mythic or arcane component, in future pets /items, for now I just think the vial rate should be lower, there are plenty of fossils, a few fossils must get looted every week, so there should only be the amount kf vials that would be needed for these fossils dropping, also its beyond me why 10 vials are only needed now, if they were intending to increase the drop rate, then they should have increased the amount of vials needed.
Wondering the same.. Why decrease the no. Of vials required for nekro?

Enterradora
01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
err why do u guys wanna buff then nerf everything even if vials price drop to 100 k it will still give much more incentive for not the max gear to even farm it is better having 20 vials drop in 50 runs and price droping to 100k 20*100=2m then one vial dropping in 50 runs and price=1.5m ty.

Cause they had hoarding the Arcane fossil bought for a LOWWWWWWW price, they already craft the nekro, and now they are done.

Or/and they bought a big supply of vials for low price, then they think i go rage on forum till the nerf drop to non-existance, and then sell them for 1m each. (One of them who complained in this thread bought 2 from me in AUC)

Also the next complain thread whit ('respentable'/rich ppl) would be buff nekro ASAP.

So bored of all u guys

cami
01-17-2015, 09:22 AM
What is the problem? :/ if you dont like nekro pet lol -.- the vials are goods. I hate what people cry all time, if the drop is hight it is bad, if is low is bad, if is breeze is bad.

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
What is the problem? :/ if you dont like nekro pet lol -.- the vials are goods. I hate what people cry all time, if the drop is hight it is bad, if is low is bad, if is breeze is bad.
They are not crying they are giving their feedback on the updates. Dont just go commenting like this when u dont know anything about it
And the current vial rate is actually a problem. U r probably happy u looted some and sold them for 200-300k. But it hasnt even been 2 days and they are already down to 130k(the last i saw in auc 5 hrs ago)
They are probably even more down.. And if this continues they will drop to 50-100k and they wont be worth farming anymore

karrdath
01-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Simple make vials drop rate as if an archon ring like originally posted

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Simple make vials drop rate as if an archon ring like originally posted
Then it will be the same as before lol

karrdath
01-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Nah there was a lot more rings then vials

Sorcerie
01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the the price of the vials SHOULD be low.

No one should have to fork over a few million gold to craft an egg for a pet when the pet is supposed to be the prize in and of itself.

It's like, yay! I looted a fossil!...Oh wait, it's gonna cost me 5m to craft Nekro.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

You shouldn't be placed in a position where you loot something so valuable only to see it as junk to be sold because you can't afford to do anything with it.

You should be able to craft the egg for a reasonably low price and then sell the egg for profit or open it.

Vials shouldn't be the demand here, the fossil or the egg should, otherwise we should make vials arcane rarity and call it day.

Imo, they should just put the egg in lock crates and arena chests instead of forcing players to jump through hoops like a circus poodle to make one.

kixkaxx
01-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Let nekro be directly crafable with 400vials, problem solved

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the the price of the vials SHOULD be low.

No one should have to fork over a few million gold to craft an egg for a pet when the pet is supposed to be the prize in and of itself.

It's like, yay! I looted a fossil!...Oh wait, it's gonna cost me 5m to craft Nekro.

You shouldn't be placed in a position where you loot something so valuable only to see it as junk to be sold because you can't afford to do anything with it.

You should be able to craft the egg for a reasonably low price and then sell the egg for profit or open it.

Vials shouldn't be the demand here, the fossil or the egg should, otherwise we should make vials arcane rarity and call it day.

Imo, they should just put the egg in lock crates and arena chests instead of forcing players to jump through hoops like a circus poodle to make one.
Vials in addition to the fossil are what constitute the price of nekro lol

Visiting
01-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Let nekro be directly crafable with 400vials, problem solved

Make it something more reasonable like 200-250 and everyone's happy :)

Sorcerie
01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Vials in addition to the fossil are what constitute the price of nekro lolAgain, should we be paying out the *** for a green component? or the red one?

Sorcerie
01-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Make it something more reasonable like 200-250 and everyone's happy :)#raisetheinventorycappls

siddhant
01-17-2015, 12:48 PM
They are not crying they are giving their feedback on the updates. Dont just go commenting like this when u dont know a **** about anything
And the current vial rate is actually a problem. U r probably happy u looted some and sold them for 200-300k. But it hasnt even been 2 days and they are already down to 130k(the last i saw in auc 5 hrs ago)
They are probably even more down.. And if this continues they will drop to 50-100k and they wont be worth farming anymore
read this plz

Visiting
01-17-2015, 12:52 PM
J
read this plz

From my experience, after update in around 25 runs you'll get around 1-3 vials....

Visiting
01-17-2015, 12:52 PM
#raisetheinventorycappls

#Vialswouldlookniceinstachelmaybe?

siddhant
01-17-2015, 12:55 PM
read this plz

J

From my experience, after update in around 25 runs you'll get around 1-3 vials....
i am basing my explaination on what twix said A guy I know got 2 vials from 15 mobs, and a tank in his pt got one right after -.- drop rate is so broken you can just sit at sorrax and farm vials instead of killing the boss.i dont even run pve anymore so idk what is the actual drop rate but first u guys say it is ultra rare and now u say it is very common zzz

Xpolosion
01-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Vials should only be in arena chests not tombs zzz

lethaljade
01-17-2015, 05:08 PM

Sorry ark I disagree, the point of nekro is its supposed to be half farmable, to make the fossil 90 percent of the cost kills farming for everyone also greatly increases price of fossil so your not actually getting the egg any cheaper then you would if vials were 1m each , when vials r 1m each fossil sells for 15 to 17m at the current price fossils are selling 30m. Its better for farmers if 30 percent of the worth comes from vials.

When this egg was announced it was announced as something that would be hard to obtain and rare , for it to be made easy to obtain is just a troll for everyone who worked hard to obtain it. Also this is the first arcane item that actually has a component that is 30 percent of value comes from working for it, instead of us all relying on locks 24/7, imo nekro is the best idea to date, but vial drops so frequently kills it, the vials should be rare drops from arena chests or tombs, so that when someone loots it its actually worthwhile.

Madnex
01-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Not really the case of having to work for anything - that'd be happening if the vials were untrarable. It just allows other people to make some gold too. Don't think they meant for them to be 1m each since so many were needed and their rarity was made uncommon (green).

Alternative uses for those vials would be the best thing to do now IMO, not going back to the nerf-buff pattern.

Visiting
01-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Not really the case of having to work for anything - that'd be happening if the vials were untrarable. It just allows other people to make some gold too. Don't think they meant for them to be 1m each since so many were needed and their rarity was made uncommon (green).

Alternative uses for those vials would be the best thing to do now IMO, not going back to the nerf-buff pattern.

Untrarable vials sound awful D:

mlb2005
01-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Who says they have to have a high price? Even if they go for 100k it makes farming better for everyone. Maybe not super rich folks who want to have the market cornered on everything and overprice all items. Maybe its time sts nerf the gold "gods" abit and not rollover because a few of you are sad.

Visiting
01-18-2015, 02:59 AM
Who says they have to have a high price? Even if they go for 100k it makes farming better for everyone. Maybe not super rich folks who want to have the market cornered on everything and overprice all items. Maybe its time sts nerf the gold "gods" abit and not rollover because a few of you are sad.

Anyone can farm vials, anyone of these "gold gods" is more likely to buy them than farm them. If they hit rock bottom prices that won't help the economy in any way.

mlb2005
01-18-2015, 03:23 AM
Anyone can farm vials, anyone of these "gold gods" is more likely to buy them than farm them. If they hit rock bottom prices that won't help the economy in any way.

What was that? Someone might buy the item from the poor smuck who looted something he can actually sell? If this keeps up he might be able to buy something he wants someday. Economy is screwed.

lethaljade
01-18-2015, 03:41 AM
100k you'll be lucky to get 50k for a vial if they continue to drop like this, I don't understand were the logic is decreasing the amount of vials needed, and increasing the drop rate dramatically should have been one or the other not both.

Visiting
01-18-2015, 03:45 AM
What was that? Someone might buy the item from the poor smuck who looted something he can actually sell? If this keeps up he might be able to buy something he wants someday. Economy is screwed.

Wouldn't it be better if the "poor smuck's" item (the vial) was worth more than a little? What if it was actually a desirable item? The seller makes money, the buyer gets his vial.

lethaljade
01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't it be better if the "poor smuck's" item (the vial) was worth more than a little? What if it was actually a desirable item? The seller makes money, the buyer gets his vial.

My point exactly ^^

Xorrior
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
What drops!!!! I run planar ragged and not a single one has fallen for me LOL