PDA

View Full Version : Dex Bear or Dex Bird, which is better?

Duped
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I know there might be different opinions, but if someone could lay out what each does better or what their opinion is, I'd appreciate it!

Royce
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Dex bird is better in general due to having ranged skills. A pure Dex bear can do more weapon damage over short periods because of the rage buff, but overall a Dex bird can do more damage from range because of their ranged damage skills (edit: not to mention ranged debuffs). Dex bear is pretty OP at low levels though because of the increased starting health bears get.

Edit 2: Also Dex birds have the distinct advantage of not only getting increased base damage, but also increased skill damage from Dex through stat driven skills.

Zerious
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
If you must go dex bear, I recommend using a shield and talon. Rage buffs damage, and with the speed of a talon, you'll get a nice boost in your dps. The shield supports the bear's main role of tanking, plus a little extra dodge never hurts ;)

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Focus/evade then run in with thorn wall, scream then blast, then special arrows... takes down quite a few baddies quickly. Doesn't work well in corridors with barrels though. yikes!

Zerious
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Focus/evade then run in with thorn wall, scream then blast, then special arrows... takes down quite a few baddies quickly. Doesn't work well in corridors with barrels though. yikes!

lol unless your name is adwinp

Duped
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Dex bird is better in general due to having ranged skills. A pure Dex bear can do more weapon damage over short periods because of the rage buff, but overall a Dex bird can do more damage from range because of their ranged damage skills (edit: not to mention ranged debuffs). Dex bear is pretty OP at low levels though because of the increased starting health bears get.

Edit 2: Also Dex birds have the distinct advantage of not only getting increased base damage, but also increased skill damage from Dex through stat driven skills.

Thanks, so the Dex bear isn't the end all be all, any other types that mix better or are each suited to their original design.

Ellyidol
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Dex bird is the way to go for bird, no doubt.

Dex bear is less traditional, but still works wonders.

Like Royce said, a dex bear is extremely good especially when you have rage on. (it boosts your damage to the highest in game I believe). Your definitely less less tanky, but with your armour and dodge buffs, you'd still be more of a tank than a bird.