PDA

View Full Version : Got tricked today lol

regizakirs.rs
01-17-2015, 12:04 AM
I farmed the planar tombs today right. And I got a random invite which I usually don't accept. I checked the other players stats out or whatnot. And the stats looked really good. So we get on the map and we are running just fine. Then I asked if they have a stun pet for t1 not knowing it's there first time being in the tombs. Stun pet check. Everyone has stun pets. I didn't think to check for ankhs. Now the tank who is leading this party is trying to sell ankhs right. One of the players die now it's 3 of us. I am thinking they have ankhs right not a 1!! Then the tank dies and guess what? Turns out that the tank doesn't have ankhs either lol. Lesson learned lol. This is a reminder to be careful when running with random people lol. [emoji12]

Twix
01-17-2015, 12:35 AM
yeah you always have to make sure people have ankhs. I was running t3 with a group today, and the tank had singe (keep in mind 13-18mil depending on market). I guess I wasnt paying much attention, but during boss fight I noticed he had no taunt upgrades on any of his skills. whenever I respawn boss would chase me and I wouldnt even hit. And when the tank died he respawned for free and said "You sell my ankh"... Lesson learned.

oxon
01-17-2015, 01:10 AM
I seldom run with randoms, but same happened to me yesterday, 3 mages 2 very well geard other one not so much, but decent.... First thing I asked before we started, do yall have Plat or ankhs , all said yes we start one arcane mage gets one shot 3 times in a row at the beginning of the map, then he respawns for free says he's out of ankhs, other mage runs out less than halfway through the map... Running with randoms almost always ends in a rage quit, or getting muted.. For me anyways

vawaid
01-17-2015, 03:39 AM
Lol. Someone said it's only boss (in planar 2 some days ago). There was a guy with maul, 2 rogues and me (warrior). When I was defeating boss, I realized something, the rogues didn't use ankh.
So I asked, "don't you have ankh?"

Nobody said anything, so I leave zone. --". I wasted 5 ankhs.

Universalpro
01-17-2015, 04:10 AM
Depends on how u define random..
If u mean a player u dont know then i only run with rouges with elon bow or mages with elon gun lol
If u mean a low geared player.. Then its obv u shouldnt run with them.
But i run with many players who may not have such good gear but are still reliable to run with.
And i know a lot of max geared rouges/mages who are even less reliable than randoms..

Xorrior
01-17-2015, 04:16 AM
The funny one is... I got ankhs let's go! Get to the boss and they say I got 3 ankhs -_-

If you're being left high and dry, just leave map and never run with them again.

Twix
01-17-2015, 07:51 AM
best solution is to delete them from your screen until they get a good amount of ankhs.

Twix
01-17-2015, 08:09 AM
However, out of this, the most annoying thing is when someone has ankhs but never uses them. It encourages other party members to respawn for free, and next thing you know its been an hour since you were fighting the boss, so everyone just leaves after you wasted ankhs.

Visiting
01-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Some people want to run Planar Tombs, despite knowing that it's A. Made for the "Upper Geared Players", B. it's an Ankh fest, C. It's reliant on good teamwork. These people who don't have A/B/C probably should farm elsewhere til' they have A/B/C, at least that's my opinion. You can't farm Planar effectively if there's one to three people constantly reviving at the start of the map :/

Twix
01-17-2015, 04:24 PM
B and C, yes that is very true. However, its not only upper geared players. Im a middle geared player and I run with middle/upper geared players all the time. The key is cooperation, understanding, and ankhs.

nevercan
01-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Some people want to run Planar Tombs, despite knowing that it's A. Made for the "Upper Geared Players", B. it's an Ankh fest, C. It's reliant on good teamwork. These people who don't have A/B/C probably should farm elsewhere til' they have A/B/C, at least that's my opinion. You can't farm Planar effectively if there's one to three people constantly reviving at the start of the map :/

A not im an weak geared mage -.- (3.3khp530dmg1100-1200armor)
B i dont, have that many ankhs (80)
C wel i hope im able to do that.

Thats why i dont farm planar tombs

Visiting
01-17-2015, 05:18 PM
B and C, yes that is very true. However, its not only upper geared players. Im a middle geared player and I run with middle/upper geared players all the time. The key is cooperation, understanding, and ankhs.

It was stated by the Devs (I'll find a quote if needed) that Planar tombs was aimed at higher geared players, I'm not saying that normal geared players can't run it, because I know good and well that they run just fine, and yes, Cooperation/Understanding/Ankhs are the foundations of Tombs

regizakirs.rs
01-17-2015, 10:13 PM
@ universalpro I'm defining random as ppl that I don't know that have the necessary gear to farm the tombs and arena. I've come across some people who are good at playing this game.

Azemen
01-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Yes, I define random as those who don't have ankhs/plat, and those who don't know stratgies for bosses.
Ran t3 today in PUG with mythic geared people.
It took us 30 mins to get to boss because we turned the wrong way, and we stopped in every circular room killing every single mob lol, even when I told them to skip a few purple mages and the like. :mad:
At the boss, told the players about Serancha's method - I said in chat "stay up top in the circle area and rouges/mages form a triangle around edges, while warr keep boss in the center of circle area".
No one listened. They pulled boss down off his spawn platform and died frequently, not to mention one Mage was using Lifegiver and Talon. :( I told everyone repeatedly to "everyone come up here into circle with boss, it's less damage", but the tank wouldn't move from the bottom area.

Therefore it took 10 mins for the boss to lose about 10% health since everyone kept dying. :mad: I got muted as people probaly got tired of my advice, then I rage quit and left, wasted 15 ankhs for nothing ugh.

kinzmet
01-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Change the title to I got tricked yesterday :)

I agree, its hopeless running with PUG without 2 things.
1. Ankhs
2. Doesn't know the Planar Tomb strategies.

The gears doesn't really matter as long as they got those two things. I always run with my guildmates where mostly legendary geared people, but we can finish the tombs minimum with deaths and time.

regizakirs.rs
01-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Very true!