View Full Version : Full Dex Ranger Guide

Draoscao
01-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Hello people! This is my full guide for a full dex endgame fox
In this guide I am going to show YOU how to be a full dex fox

Why a full dex fox? Pros
It's fun
It does alot of damage, It nukes
You won't need a savage fox if you already have a good party like for example 2 pallies 1 bear and 1 bird. And thus making the runs faster
It is very good to pvp with, you might say that foxes are one of the worst classes to pvp with but from my experience I think that it's actually one of the best because for starters It has many hp/s debuffs and good debuffs in general, It has A great dodge armour buff. And from my experience I couldn't kill savage bears with a savage fox maybe once in 100 fights but that's it when I used full dex I can kill them quite easily.

Cons about a Full dex fox
Takes considerably much skill
Isn't tanky
Can be combo'd by a bear and will die.
It's not the best against full int mages

Hovering over to the skills

I put 1 skill point in Rabid Bite because when you put more than 1 skill point into it, you can't dash anymore with it for some reason. ( Part of a combo) 4 seconds cooldown.
It has a range of 8m
I put 9 into Vixen Kick, it's your greatest damage dealer, it has a 3 sec cooldown and a knockback. (Part of a combo) Knockback 3 seconds cooldown. Has a range of 8m
9 Skill points into Poisen needles because it is quite damaging and has a great overall debuff. Knockback + Debuff: -65% speed -45 hp/s 8 sec cooldown. Has a range of 8m
9 Points into Evasion, because it's your dodge/armour buff an absolute need for all foxes. +28 dodge and +22 armour when 9 points are into it + Breaks roots 10 sec duration 15 seconds cooldown
0 Points into Fury because you already have enough hit points when you're full dex. +10 % each skill point in it 10 sec duration 30 sec cooldown
9 Poinst into Hamstring Great debuffs and does good damage. (Part of a combo) Debuff: -40 dodge -29 hp/s 60% stun chance for 3 seconds 5 seconds cooldown. 3m range
9 Points into Poisen Dart,Good damage and same debuff as poisen needles.(Part of a combo)3 Second debuff -65% speed and -45 hp/s when 9 points are in it 7 sec cooldown
It has a range of 8m
9 Armour shredder because this is the only armour debuffer and does fantastic damage. Debuff: -44 armour for 10 seconds 5 seconds cooldown. It has a range of 3m
9 Points into Fox Howl, AoE skill and damage debuffer, Also it attracts attention from mobs.Debuff -54 dmg for 5 seconds 5,5 seconds cooldown. Has a range of 8m
0 points into Bandage because it stops regenerating after you get hit and I personally don't use it alot. Put a max of 1 point in this if you see yourself using it alot 12 seconds duration and has 30 seconds cooldown
2 points into Hypno, I had to put a skill point somewhere, use 1 point in this if you want to use bandage. +pull + 3 seconds stun Only 12m ranged skill has 7,5 sec cooldown
9 Points into RAGE Tonic because it gives extra crit and extra damage effects: 26% crit +50 damage when 9 points are into it for 20 seconds has 30 seconds cooldown

The combos that foxes have are quite a handful you have 6 combos in total!
There is a slam! combo Rabid bite + Hamstring
There is also Knock out! Rabid bite + hamstring ( wait till rabid bite is available) Vixen kick
There is also Buried! That's the same route as Knock out! but after vixen kick Hamstring
There also are 2 extra combos that are for level 77 foxes with lustrous sets: Shred!(dagger set) Armour shredder + Vixen kick and Strikethrough! Only for Str Lustrous Armour Shredder = Strikethrough

These are my stats with Swift elite set on and Swift talon set on

Moving over to the use of rings
The best available ring for a fox is the 2 piece ring that's when you equip 2 elite cap vanities at the same time. The only way to get it with a fox is by capping your way to L77
The rings that I use are these. I think the dodge on a full dex fox is really important so that's that when I feel the need to nuke or when i have a pally in my team I use the
2 dodge 10 Damage ring. When I PvP in a 1 on 1 battle I often use the 2 dodge 6 armour ring. I don't own any dragon rings because the platinum which i get is for capping purposes

Tips:
When you're fighting a full dex bird, use the talon set because you can die when a blast shot hits you.
When you're in a slayer party and you deal the most damage. Try getting the dragon into a corner, AFTER THE 2ND WAVE when the mages spawn. Because the party could be scattered away when you move the dragon into a corner at the start of a game and the dragon does his stomp.
NEVER try to tank in a 3v3 CTF game you should be at the back of the team and rush in right before the damage is being dealt to a tank/pally

Things I'd like to be fixed for foxes:
There is only 1 break root skill and that's evasion which is available every 15 seconds, I suggest having Fox Howl break roots.
When you're rooted/frozen and you do vixen kick or rabid bite the target changes, StS please fix this bug
Let evasion have a longer duration like for example 16 seconds duration and 23 seconds cooling down
Make foxes have a AoE Combo so people in slayer parties won't pick birds over foxes

This is my first ever guide, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment under this thread
Hope you liked it :livid:

This is also a viable skill setup if you like the leap from 3 vixen
I think that 2-9 hypno isn't needed, it doesnt add alot of damage and doesnt effect the pull aswell
Fury isn't needed at full dex because you have enough hit %

This is how powerful bandage skill is at 7. The bandage at 7 heals about 7/10 if you're gearless and full dex so with swift or lustrous on you're already at full health
Pro pvp tip: If you are hurt and you're fighting a bear, definitely use bandage mid game it heals 43 health points in 1 second 20+ per second

MercherofPL
03-03-2015, 03:11 PM
not bad gj looks like u put a lot of effort

Draoscao
03-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I tried all my best to 'convince' endgame foxes to go full dex, I will also make an endgame 77 full dex fox. So I am looking forward to that :)

Draoscao
04-19-2015, 02:15 PM
*Added new skill build to full dex fox*

End
05-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Great guide man! It's a shame hardly anyone has a high level fox
My advice is to space out the texts to make it easier to read.
Reading it hurt my brain a lot.

Gl on 77 guide

Dreatex
05-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Awsome guide! i used it for now as second option on my 77 fox :D looking out for the 77 guide!

Meege
05-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Cool guide :D for the level 76 fox!

Chuckie Wheeler
05-27-2015, 03:52 AM
#1 fox here Lrawks or saintofyeshia :D

Amozite
09-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Awesome guide! I do wish foxes (and rhinos) would get some sort of buff. Even though I already knew the slayer tips for foxes, its a good idea including them to hopefully inform more people about how to play slayer well as fox :)

LeonAxelus
09-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Nice, I might actually put this guide to use!

Draoscao
09-20-2015, 03:20 AM
Nice, I might actually put this guide to use!

Awesome guide! I do wish foxes (and rhinos) would get some sort of buff. Even though I already knew the slayer tips for foxes, its a good idea including them to hopefully inform more people about how to play slayer well as fox :)

I've added the slayer tips only because foxes with savage are pretty useless if there is already a tank. I cant think about updates anymore but pl ended badly in my opinion . Thanks for the support aswell :)

Peanutbritle
10-29-2015, 04:39 PM
I appreciate the guide you put together here. Many people overlook the new classes because of their apparent lack of strength in comparison to the other classes. In reality, I find that all 5 classes have the same power if played in the way it was designed to be played. I would love for you to contact me in game as I am a huge fox class fanboy :P.

Great Guide,
Walie

aanval
02-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Great fox guide! I'm going to use this!
I'm working on leveling my fox right now.

Seasaton
10-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Awesome guide! So much better than the other "guide" in the forums. Thanks for the help

Qbff
10-18-2016, 06:55 PM
This is an awesome guide. Thanks so much!

Rab
07-21-2017, 03:39 AM
Love How SO MAny Str Foxes Even Though WE All Do Better AS DEx