PDA

View Full Version : Medic packs - necessary for PVE?

Zestee
01-18-2015, 05:54 PM
I use my medic packs a LOT, it saves me dozens of pots. However, lately I have seen a few people saying things like "I use traps instead". How can a trap be a substitute for healing? If you're about to go splat, how will a trap save you?

GoodSyntax
01-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Because pots never have to wait for cooldown....

Newcomx
01-18-2015, 08:30 PM
As Medic and Pot have the same function in PVE, you want to put your skill point on another attacking skill for extra dmg. Trap will root, slow, gather mobs, and do damage. So trap more useful in PVE.

ImAfraidToComplainOnMain
01-18-2015, 08:40 PM
i use my medic packs a lot, it saves me dozens of pots. However, lately i have seen a few people saying things like "i use traps instead". How can a trap be a substitute for healing? If you're about to go splat, how will a trap save you?
packs r god awful switch to veil or traps

Zestee
01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
So basically the message here is I should suck it up and spend the $$ on pots, so that I can free up a spot for something related to damage.

One of the things that has always put me off health pots is that on my iPad my thumb can't reach the health pot, doh! I think the AL layout wasn't designed for small lady hands.

Madnex
01-19-2015, 12:19 AM
So basically the message here is I should suck it up and spend the $$ on pots, so that I can free up a spot for something related to damage.

One of the things that has always put me off health pots is that on my iPad my thumb can't reach the health pot, doh! I think the AL layout wasn't designed for small lady hands.
Unfortunately, the faster you deal damage the faster you can farm. And since gold is hard to come by, no one wants to waste time. It's more of the notion that you're chasing packs instead of killing stuff that irritates people, even if another skill wouldn't make that much of a difference, especially in non elite maps pre-endgame.

Tip: Try placing it on your laps and tapping instead of holding it.