PDA

View Full Version : 10,000th kill

wvhills
03-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Last night I got my 10,000th kill while doing a keeper run. I announced it to the party I was in and expected to hear "grats" but no one said anything. I got to looking and everyone else was at least lvl 51 but only had 5,000 kills. There was a lvl 55 who had 7,000.

Here's the good part...I left there and went to Balefort and made my announcement. Once again no one said congratulations but some random bird (lvl 55) came over and said "here's a prize" and gave me a void helmet! I said "thanks" and he said "np, keep playing". I thought that was really cool. But now I wish I had saved some pinks to give out to lower lvl players instead of selling them all. I've got some pink bows and armor starting at lvl 35 but nothing before that. Every once in a while I'll go to a lower lvl to help new players out but I'm definitely going to hold on to a few pinks every now and then just to give away.

Nightarcher
03-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, it's sad how often high levels have only a few thousand kills (unless they're purely a tank I guess) but keep it up! Setting goals like that is what makes the game fun. The community needs more friendly and hardworking people ;)

karmakali
03-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats! Its always nice to have people acknowledge your personal milestones :) 20,000 here you come! (Sorry but I dont have a present for you) lol.

KingFu
03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Congratz!:) Glad to see level 47-50s with 10K+ kills. Rarely see em anymore.

wvhills
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys! Don't worry about a present. Lol. A lot of my kills came while soloing plasma pyramid so I had 270,000 gold. I wasn't doing anything with it except buying pots (I have 1000 of each) so I went and bought the void armor and sunblessed bow. Can't wait until I'm lvl 50 and can put it on!

BTW, I saw a bear with 44,000 kills. That surprised me coming from a bear. That's the most kills I've seen on here.

Doubletime
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks guys! Don't worry about a present. Lol. A lot of my kills came while soloing plasma pyramid so I had 270,000 gold. I wasn't doing anything with it except buying pots (I have 1000 of each) so I went and bought the void armor and sunblessed bow. Can't wait until I'm lvl 50 and can put it on!

BTW, I saw a bear with 44,000 kills. That surprised me coming from a bear. That's the most kills I've seen on here.

Congrats on doing things the right way. That is quite a kill count for a bear. My level 50 bear who is pretty much a tanker is only at 7500.

jannysoft
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
One of my friends has 40K kills and he is also a bear .. GN Decur

RedRyder
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
My poor bird only has around 5k kills lol. My Mage that played the pally role for a while only has 13k kills. But Congrats man! I get excited every 1k kills ;) keep playing!

Doubletime
03-02-2011, 10:22 AM
My poor bird only has around 5k kills lol. My Mage that played the pally role for a while only has 13k kills. But Congrats man! I get excited every 1k kills ;) keep playing!

Those cyber quests have a way of jacking up kills. I really think that is where a lot of them came from on my bird. He is sitting at 25k right now, and that isn't even close to some of the numbers I have seen.

Riccits
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
when i sum all kills of my chars i come to 55k kills...
not much since i play so long this game but most is due to my excessive swamps farming... ;)

RedRyder
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
lone has over 100k kills

KingFu
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Orei has 500K. So bossauce. I saw him in town, it looks like a phone number. Mad props^^

wvhills
03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
woah! My next goal is to get to lvl 50, then it will be to do the cyber quests. After that I guess it's to the sewers for me!

RedRyder
03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Orei has 500K. So bossauce. I saw him in town, it looks like a phone number. Mad props^^

holy crap lmao. thats pretty nuts

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd have a lot more if XMas and Halloween kills counted. Or fridge or Boss Brawl or FN. Deaths count, but not kills. As it is, all high levels have 10+ kills. Hell low levels have several k's each. That's without kill counts in farming lower levels. I think I look at death counts along with kill counts because if they have high kill and low death it means they weren't in AO3 until after the boss nerf or weren't in FN until recently, etc.

Bgandyful
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I gave you that helmet because too many ppl are powerlvled you deserve it its nice too know someone has honor playing this game

Barbamitsos
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Last night I got my 10,000th kill while doing a keeper run. I announced it to the party I was in and expected to hear "grats" but no one said anything. I got to looking and everyone else was at least lvl 51 but only had 5,000 kills. There was a lvl 55 who had 7,000.

Here's the good part...I left there and went to Balefort and made my announcement. Once again no one said congratulations but some random bird (lvl 55) came over and said "here's a prize" and gave me a void helmet! I said "thanks" and he said "np, keep playing". I thought that was really cool. But now I wish I had saved some pinks to give out to lower lvl players instead of selling them all. I've got some pink bows and armor starting at lvl 35 but nothing before that. Every once in a while I'll go to a lower lvl to help new players out but I'm definitely going to hold on to a few pinks every now and then just to give away.

well, nowaydays, most people get powerlvled at plasma pyramid so dont be surprised... But i like ur thinkin! Its people like u that show that mynasgens havent taken over the PL world

karmakali
03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Speaking of kills....funny newbie story.
This is my first MMORPG experience so I.was completely clueless when I started playing. I ran around that first map for nearly an hour- back and forth killing perpetually respawning zombies before I figured out there was more to the game than that. :p
I kept thinking "what a stupid game...I am going to have to uninstall this".
Last night I hit 20k kills and level 55 in the same run. A friend noticed and congratulated me and began encouraging me to tackle the next level. It is moments like this that make the game better than just running back and forth killing zombies :)
Again...congrats on your accomplishment and remember.....
PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!

superss
03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
@ karmakli lol great story and congrats on 55!

wvhills
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I gave you that helmet because too many ppl are powerlvled you deserve it its nice too know someone has honor playing this game

Thanks again man! I'm up to level 48 so not too much longer and I'll be wearing it with pride!

wvhills
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I'd have a lot more if XMas and Halloween kills counted. Or fridge or Boss Brawl or FN. Deaths count, but not kills. As it is, all high levels have 10+ kills. Hell low levels have several k's each. That's without kill counts in farming lower levels. I think I look at death counts along with kill counts because if they have high kill and low death it means they weren't in AO3 until after the boss nerf or weren't in FN until recently, etc.

I've got about 370 some deaths. I'd say 300 of them were from Trials and Lost Expedition/Frozen Nightmares. I think the jump to Swamps/Skeller and AO are relatively easy.

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Hehe. only 300? Lol. Oh and Vyxnaar of course. LOL.
But definitely I enjoy seeing high kill counts. Means you've played. GJ.

The running around killing zombies story is hilarious!

Keohike
03-02-2011, 01:26 PM

job well done 2 thumbs up

wvhills
03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Hehe. only 300? Lol. Oh and Vyxnaar of course. LOL.
But definitely I enjoy seeing high kill counts. Means you've played. GJ.

The running around killing zombies story is hilarious!

It would def be a lot more if I didn't spam pots so much. Haha. If I played from the back it would be even less but my kill count would be lower. I like to charge first and cast root so the mage can get the nature strike combo then I hit my shattering scream to wipe them out. :)
I think my next goal should be to get to 1,000 deaths. Then my catch phrase can be "I've died a thousand deaths". That sounds dramatic. Lol.

karmakali
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Robert...add me in game and I can probably help you out with increasing your death count....lol....jk ;)
(Kidding about the deaths but not about adding me :)
I promise I've gotten alot better since my repetitious zombie killing days!

Sigkill
03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I hate to be a douche, but 10k kills is no big feat, and the fact that you feel like you deserve attention for it bothers me the most. i mean it's great that you have 10k kills, that doesn't justify you bragging about it. It bothers me that people determine skill based on kills from pve, i only have 11k kills myself but i've been playing since A01. People shouldn't be judged based on their kills. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood today but thats my two cents feel free to flame me idgaf

wvhills
03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Robert...add me in game and I can probably help you out with increasing your death count....lol....jk ;)
(Kidding about the deaths but not about adding me :)
I promise I've gotten alot better since my repetitious zombie killing days!

Ok, I'll add you this evening! Thanks!

wvhills
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I hate to be a douche, but 10k kills is no big feat.

It was a milestone I wanted to reach and I did it. I may be able to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 19 min but you may be only able to run it in 40 min. So you would feel a sense of accomplishment when you did it in 30. Even though it's not the fastest it would still be a goal for you. It's about the same thing.

Kujen
03-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey, well I'm gonna say Grats! So many people powerlvl these days and don't work to get their own kills. So good for you! You're doing it the right way

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 03:34 PM

"Dont worry about a present"?

Youve GOT to be kidding me, no one gives anyone presents for getting 10k kills...

But, good job.....

Magicalbanana
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
these kind of threads make me happy

EDIT: nvm just read page three, lol eddie u hadda ruin it

karmakali
03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Changed my mind.... you sir are now getting a present :)
You can thank Twinktastical's epic cynicism for this one ;)

FluffNStuff
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I hit 7000 Kills on my bear last night and it said 'Tree Sniper'. I thought that was kinda funny.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm a "Gold Adept" figure that one out :P I'm double-sided on this. It's nice to see someone isn't on the Mynas Gen wave and actually earning their levels instead of leeching. I do however want to point out that even tho you feel accomplished, seeking attention for it is a bit "immature" for gaming standards. I'm not bashing you for the 10k kills, just for expecting everyone to pat you on the back for it. Good job, but know this: not many people who play PL are going to care. You got one present in-game, out of how many people that saw you saying "10k kills!!"? Just something to think about. But by all means, bask in the glory of your achievement, and press on.

wvhills
03-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm a "Gold Adept" figure that one out :P I'm double-sided on this. It's nice to see someone isn't on the Mynas Gen wave and actually earning their levels instead of leeching. I do however want to point out that even tho you feel accomplished, seeking attention for it is a bit "immature" for gaming standards. I'm not bashing you for the 10k kills, just for expecting everyone to pat you on the back for it. Good job, but know this: not many people who play PL are going to care. You got one present in-game, out of how many people that saw you saying "10k kills!!"? Just something to think about. But by all means, bask in the glory of your achievement, and press on.

But I'm all about the glory! :) Lol.
Seriously, I've seen all kinds of people say "lvl 50!" or something similar when they lvl up and everyone stops for 10 sec and says congratulations. I didn't think it was a big deal to announce it. I wasn't expecting everyone to chant my name for 10 minutes or anything. I won't say anything else, that is until I get to 20,000 kills (that'll give you something to look forward too). Haha!

IamBored
03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
So I have under 4k kills on my old main at 50, what's my present (noob, power level, mynas gen, droid gen, leach, boot)?

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
But I'm all about the glory! :) Lol.
Seriously, I've seen all kinds of people say "lvl 50!" or something similar when they lvl up and everyone stops for 10 sec and says congratulations. I didn't think it was a big deal to announce it. I wasn't expecting everyone to chant my name for 10 minutes or anything. I won't say anything else, that is until I get to 20,000 kills (that'll give you something to look forward too). Haha!

so you didn't find level 50 a big deal. Now you see where everyone else is coming from. I remember how awesome I felt when I got my main to 50 I was like "AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" and put on my shadows set I had bought before. No one said anything, and I didn't care because the remainder of the CTK run went by so much faster. It felt BAD AZZ, that was all that mattered.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:24 PM
So I have under 4k kills on my old main at 50, what's my present (noob, power level, mynas gen, droid gen, leach, boot)?

sorry for double post but 10k > 4k times 2

wvhills
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
so you didn't find level 50 a big deal. Now you see where everyone else is coming from. I remember how awesome I felt when I got my main to 50 I was like "AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" and put on my shadows set I had bought before. No one said anything, and I didn't care because the remainder of the CTK run went by so much faster. It felt BAD AZZ, that was all that mattered.

I meant that since people announced accomplishments (making lvl 50) I didn't think it was a big deal for me to announce 10,000 kills. :)
I've already got my void set polished up and ready to put on! I'll keep my eye out for shadow stuff!

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I meant that since people announced accomplishments (making lvl 50) I didn't think it was a big deal for me to announce 10,000 kills. :)
I've already got my void set polished up and ready to put on! I'll keep my eye out for shadow stuff!

You obviously did think it was a big deal, or you wouldn't have started this thread :rolleyes:

btw death shotguns are the shizz

Redbridge
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I'll keep my eye out for shadow stuff!

HerWolf already hinted at it but as a pure dex bird you might want to forget about the shadow stuff(INT) and look out of the DEATH sets(the DEX sets which are the better version of the VOID sets)....

Congrats on 10K....

Kujen
03-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Sometimes people refer to all three sets as shadow gear, because they come from the shadow caves. I know I have

CanonicalKoi
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Congrats! 10K is a milestone to be proud of. I only harass someone about their kill rate if they start throwing "noob" at another player. Had one guy screaming, "Noob!" over and over at another player. Checked his kill rate (bird)--level 50 with about 5K kills. Told him with a kill rate like that, he had no right to be calling someone else a noob. I think he looked at mine (bird)--over 71K--because he shut up after that. ;)

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Changed my mind.... you sir are now getting a present :)
You can thank Twinktastical's epic cynicism for this one ;)

No, your auctally not getting him a present, without getting me one first.

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I gratz people for accomplishments. If I had seen your 10k chat, I would have gratz'd you. I gratz people for levels if I see it. Or when they put on new gear, etc. It's kind of fun to help people's day along and gratz is not difficult.

Other people gratz me if they see me level and it's very nice of them. I just think it's part of making the game a bit friendlier and more fun. And I try to thank people when they say nice things to me. It makes the playground a nicer place to be.

So gratz!

(Note I said nice things, not creepy. There IS a line :P )

adwin
03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
In reply to the OP:
More and more ppl resort now to powerlevelling (this is a real problem IMO, since they don't take the time to LEARN the game and the skills, and as such, become crappy "high levelled" players. I play with those on a day to day basis, unfortunately) which is why you see so many high levels with low kill counts.

Regarding powerlevelling:
the ONLY reason I'd support powerlevelling is someone who already has a high level character, wants to make an alt.
It's a real bore going through the same quests, which is also why you see quite some high level chars with barely any quests completed.
;]

Sigkill
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
In reply to the OP:
More and more ppl resort now to powerlevelling (this is a real problem IMO, since they don't take the time to LEARN the game and the skills, and as such, become crappy "high levelled" players. I play with those on a day to day basis, unfortunately) which is why you see so many high levels with low kill counts.

Regarding powerlevelling:
the ONLY reason I'd support powerlevelling is someone who already has a high level character, wants to make an alt.
It's a real bore going through the same quests, which is also why you see quite some high level chars with barely any quests completed.
;]

I have 3 chains of quests completed, which i did to get in a guild and trust me i hated those 2 hours. You shouldn't judge people based on quests done and pve kills. I've seen plenty noobs with alot of kills (Risefromashes). And i've seen legit players with very little kills.

aldover
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Congrats - that is alot of playing - honestly... Congrat!!! My mage - now 50 lvl - not far from 51 has almost 25,000 kills I didn't know that was such a hugh deal - that is cool... I had to log on to check. keep going. Hope to see you in play sometime - under AlDover - mage...

Have fun.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I have 3 chains of quests completed, which i did to get in a guild and trust me i hated those 2 hours. You shouldn't judge people based on quests done and pve kills. I've seen plenty noobs with alot of kills (Risefromashes). And i've seen legit players with very little kills.

those "legit players with very little kills" were powered to an endgame level most likely (45+). They're also most likely to be a player's alt, meaning it's not their main. People's mains are the ones you judge the quests, kill count to determine story skill...

I look noobish only because I live for pvp.

Slush
03-10-2011, 09:44 PM
when u hit 25k shoot me a pm and ill give you a prize

Conradin
03-10-2011, 10:04 PM
those "legit players with very little kills" were powered to an endgame level most likely (45+). They're also most likely to be a player's alt, meaning it's not their main. People's mains are the ones you judge the quests, kill count to determine story skill...

I look noobish only because I live for pvp.

Amen
/tenchars