PDA

View Full Version : mean 56s!

superss
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
well i was standing in the CS room with 4 56s and i congratulated them on reaching it and they did not reply than i sent them friend request and none accepted. i have one level 56 friend who refuses to help! she was in the cs room and asked her to help on keeper runs and she refused. and now i ask is there a nice lvl 56?!

Moogerfooger
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I am sorry you had a bad experience, but you have to realize that 55s/56s get bombarded by PMs and friend requests and often if I accept them I then get spam-invited to Frozen Nightmares or Forest Haven, when I am trying to do my own quests/leveling/whatever. I only accept friend requests from people I have played with...no one is obligated to accept random friend requests, nor is anyone obligated to stop what they are doing to come help someone else if they are already busy.

As far as your friend refusing to do Keeper runs, a lot of 55s/56s are totally sick of Keeper, as most have done the Cyber quests for at least one account and are sick of it. Not to mention Keeper does not drop any real good loot for most 50+.

If you want to add my Warrior or Mage, I will do runs with you if I am online, I am still leveling those :D just let me know your in-game name.

Riccits
03-02-2011, 10:55 AM
emmm... i think when ur lvl 56 u get a lot of pms... and after responding the first hundrets ur annoied...
and i think not everyone is accepting friend requests from everyone... i accept only from ppl i know from playing..
and i wouldnt ever do 1 keeper run more even some pays me a million :D
we all had already the pain with the cyber quests some months ago... iam really disgusted to kill keeper once more after collecting 450 totems in all...

conclusion: i understand the due of the 56s.... i would probably do same....

Doubletime
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
think not everyone is accepting friend requests from everyone... i accept only from ppl i know from playing..
and i wouldnt ever do 1 keeper run more even some pays me a million :D

I am really trying to limit my friends as well to those people that I have played with and know. It isn't anything personal. I think a lot of people are this way as well.

As for keeper runs --- maybe if someone payed me a million. :p

Seriously, if I never do another keeper run, I will be ok. I feel like I have run that board a 1000 times in doing cyber quests -- and that may be close to the truth. Uhhh. Get hives thinking about it. So don't be too quick to judge. 50s use to get the same rap before the cap raise.

superss
03-02-2011, 11:01 AM
hey thanks!!!! my in game name is superss but i cant come on line now. oh and the requests i know what you mean same happens to me in forest haven

superss
03-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I am really trying to limit my friends as well to those people that I have played with and know. It isn't anything personal. I think a lot of people are this way as well.

As for keeper runs --- maybe if someone payed me a million. :p

Seriously, if I never do another keeper run, I will be ok. I feel like I have run that board a 1000 times in doing cyber quests -- and that may be close to the truth. Uhhh. Get hives thinking about it. So don't be too quick to judge. 50s use to get the same rap before the cap raise.

ok thanks!

Moogerfooger
03-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I will add you later on today when I am online :p

Kindread
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Not only keeper runs but I feel the same way about hideout too. Getting to 56 with hideout combined with the ease of that level has me rarely going in their except to help friends reach 56 for a few runs. I think stronghold is more fun. And yesterday we cleared out Shadow Cave 5. That's fun!

Engelhard
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
well i was standing in the CS room with 4 56s and i congratulated them on reaching it and they did not reply than i sent them friend request and none accepted. i have one level 56 friend who refuses to help! she was in the cs room and asked her to help on keeper runs and she refused. and now i ask is there a nice lvl 56?!

sorry if it was me i am at work and i was afk but i was in cs thank you for the congrats if it was me and sorry for your bad experience with other players....i understand there is alot of 56 players that pay no attention but u do have to understand they recieve alot of invites, pms, and friend requests........Obamahealth is a nice 56 :)

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I think people who friend randomly are rude, so I have a different take on the "mean" level 56s. I think most 56s are pretty nice. They usually respond well when I compliment them on their helms. I also know some people are time-limited so I understand when someone, yes even a level 56, does not respond. I also understand not everyone speaks English or speaks English well. I also think there is no obligation on any strangers' part to change their game for another stranger except in terms of bannable offenses. Do you understand?

BTW, no one has a right to be on any one else's friend list. You earn it. What did you do to earn your place on their list?

Duke
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
My main is "only" level 52, but I blanket ignore all friend requests made in townes and any made in dungeons from people who haven't even gone through a full level with me.

My "friends" list tends to be small, so I don't get spam invites all of the time.

Snakespeare
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I can't agree with your definition of mean.

i congratulated them on reaching it and they did not reply

You have to remember that this is a mobile MMO and they could be on the phone or in conversation with someone else or texting.

i sent them friend request and none accepted

It's unreasonable to expect people to accept a friends request. They know that some low level players try to befriend high level players solely to beg from them, things like items, gold, and powerlevelling. That's not a friend. A friend is someone you want to game with. It takes two. Sure you want to game with any higher level player because you can learn from them, but you will get more acceptances if you wait till the end of a run you are doing together and make the request as a form of a compliment. Like, just before boss you add them.

she was in the cs room and asked her to help on keeper runs and she refused

You were asking to be power-levelled, which is seriously frowned upon. And now you are calling her mean because she wouldn't power-level you. In my opinion, the person who is being mean here is not your friend.

You should be running in your appropriate level, not hanging out with the high levels begging for free services. You should be making friends with people who are the same level as you. You should not expect others to just drop everything (texting, phone whatever) to serve your needs (easy chair path to the top). And you need to stop calling people "mean" in retaliation for not paying attention to you.

When you get to level 56 you will be the same, you'll see.

Barbamitsos
03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
people r busy dude.... nowadays everyone is busy in pl. A 56 wont help a 50... like a 56 wont help a 10. Same thing for them/us :/. But i would help u when i had time

Keohike
03-02-2011, 12:49 PM

u say ur frd dosent help? did u ask him only once or many times cuz i deleted my frd list over this, i am not even that high lvl "53" and my frd list contains ppl from 40-55 before i deleted and they keep on asking i do a couple runs for them and next u noe, im the guy to go to for runs and that was my biggest mistake. my advice is just go play or make a room and ppl will come, sometime i do runs at crush i let as low as lvl 20 play so just join and u never noe. I got to lvl 53 by doing runs bymelf so instead of relying on ppl do it ur self :)

Sky../
03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I think people who friend randomly are rude, so I have a different take on the "mean" level 56s. I think most 56s are pretty nice. They usually respond well when I compliment them on their helms. I also know some people are time-limited so I understand when someone, yes even a level 56, does not respond. I also understand not everyone speaks English or speaks English well. I also think there is no obligation on any strangers' part to change their game for another stranger except in terms of bannable offenses. Do you understand?

BTW, no one has a right to be on any one else's friend list. You earn it. What did you do to earn your place on their list?

Agreed.

Much like if a beggar comes up to you and you refuse to give him money, i don't see that as being rude/mean.

Ayrilana
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
They actually did nothing wrong and are not required to help people because they're now 56.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I think everyone on this thread is digging too deep. Superss, did it ever strike you that they might've been afk?

Engelhard
03-02-2011, 04:35 PM
i was afk lol i might have been the meanie bcuz i was on at that time but reading forums but anyways......i take time to help my friends all the time people that actually talk and play not beg i even help people on lower levels all the time. I have many friends on Twitter that play Pocket Legends and we all help each other. if you want to join us my twit name is ObamahealthPL........c you guys in the game......I love Pocket Legends

IHATEPUPPYS
03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes u are obama even tho I don't agree with the obama health bill lol

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I love puppies.... Sue me :P

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Put yourself in the 56's spot for moment, k?
If you were 56, you would be constantly bombarded by Friend Requests, and Trade Messages, and PMs, and hating.
Maybe it's not that they're mean, it's because they are tired.

Noobmigo

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Put yourself in the 56's spot for moment, k?
If you were 56, you would be constantly bombarded by Friend Requests, and Trade Messages, and PMs, and hating.
Maybe it's not that they're mean, it's because they are tired.

Noobmigo

So many dirty ideas come to mind... Like "bedroom activities"... You work hard to get to that moment... It happens... Then you just laying there lol....

Darn my teenage filth...

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
So many dirty ideas come to mind... Like "bedroom activities"... You work hard to get to that moment... It happens... Then you just laying there lol....

Darn my teenage filth...

Why are you so dirty?
"Bedroom Activities" that's a nice way to put it. ;)

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Why are you so dirty?
"Bedroom Activities" that's a nice way to put it. ;)

I'm a teenager... nough said XD

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm a teenager... nough said XD

Me too.
I guess I'm like that when I'm wasted.
But I'm never getting wasted again. It was horrible. I was still dizzy about 5 hours later.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Me too.
I guess I'm like that when I'm wasted.
But I'm never getting wasted again. It was horrible. I was still dizzy about 5 hours later.

that's called a hangover

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
that's called a hangover

No, I was wasted. Just a litttle more alcohol and I would have had a hangover.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
No, I was wasted. Just a litttle more alcohol and I would have had a hangover.

dude you were dizzy for 5 HOURS! plus I've been enough tequila drinkers to know what a hangover is ;)

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
dude you were dizzy for 5 HOURS! plus I've been enough tequila drinkers to know what a hangover is ;)

OK, OK, whatever. I think I was wasted though.
Funny though, how this thread was changed to off topic in ONE POST!

Zerious
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
OK, OK, whatever. I think I was wasted though.
Funny though, how this thread was changed to off topic in ONE POST!

ikr? lol btw buzzed = slightly drunk, wasted = very drunk, hangover = aftermath

Engelhard
03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
i sell puppies lol......but sold out right now.......Golden Retrievers best dogs ever....................I don't talk politics...........i love Pocket Legends and my Dogs, yall can have the puppies....if u got the $ lol.................i am not Obama lol.....i am Obamahealth................and i am not a health bill...... i am an avatar :) lvl 56 i started with this avatar and will continue to use him or her lol until i feel ready to start a new one..........c you guys in the game later cuz u know I Love Pocket Legends :)

Zerious
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
............. So a guy walks into a bar right?....

CanonicalKoi
03-02-2011, 07:05 PM
A lot of times I don't respond when PMed with a comment from someone I don't know (questions I always answer). Sorry, Superss, but after the 4 bazillionth, "Nice armor! Now give me money/gold/items/levels...." you stop answering. As far as friend requests, I never accept them unless I've played with the person. That includes playing with and friending low-levels when I do "community service" runs thru Dark Forest or Balefort. And, as others have said, you get bombarded with invites to low-level games. I enjoy helping out, but I would like to play with other friends and at my own level (55).

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Sometimes I don't answer people on my list and sometimes I don't add people I talk to a lot. I hate having a long list...

Inching
03-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Im a really nice lvl 52 if you want to friend me in game :) I'll do runs with you,

Inching
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Sometimes I don't answer people on my list and sometimes I don't add people I talk to a lot. I hate having a long list...

ur sig is awsome

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
ur sig is awsome

Lol thank youu. Found the pic and screwed with the colors/lighting. I haven't got super software, so I made do lol.

Pharcyde
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
hey thanks!!!! my in game name is superss but i cant come on line now. oh and the requests i know what you mean same happens to me in forest haven

imagine forest haven x10. Thats how it is constantly as a lvl 56.

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
imagine forest haven x10. Thats how it is constantly as a lvl 56.

Try being a charming level 55.

Pharcyde
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Try being a charming level 55.

Or a sexy lvl51.

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Or a sexy lvl51.

Charming > sexy.

Pharcyde
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Sexy Charming > charming

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Sexy Charming > charming

Charming lady > sexy charming

Kossi
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM

just because a lv56 doesnt want to powerlevel you, doesnt mean theyre mean at all

i.e. hey superss! can i have 500k?

if you say "no" would that be mean? even IF if was your friend....
also, people have other things to do, and are quite busy...or theyre AFK

Kindread
03-02-2011, 09:52 PM

Charmed Lady > Charming Lady > Sexy Charming

A charmed lady will do as I please and that's the greatest! :p

Pharcyde
03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
just because a lv56 doesnt want to powerlevel you, doesnt mean theyre mean at all

i.e. hey superss! can i have 500k?

if you say "no" would that be mean? even IF if was your friend....
also, people have other things to do, and are quite busy...or theyre AFK

good point, I used to be afk in balefort for hours, then also I was busy with my own stuff. If I gave in to every pm or every friend request, I would be a slave! LITERALLY! Idk how many times I've been begged for free stuff or free power leveling in boring maps. I want to enjoy the game too, and not spend every second giving away my items or power leveling peepz. So no I am not mean because I will not powerlevel you. (not directed towards anyone personally, just people in general)

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Charmed Lady > Charming Lady > Sexy Charming

A charmed lady will do as I please and that's the greatest! :p

PFFT!!! yeah right!

Kossi
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
good point, I used to be afk in balefort for hours, then also I was busy with my own stuff. If I gave in to every pm or every friend request, I would be a slave! LITERALLY! Idk how many times I've been begged for free stuff or free power leveling in boring maps. I want to enjoy the game too, and not spend every second giving away my items or power leveling peepz. So no I am not mean because I will not powerlevel you. (not directed towards anyone personally, just people in general)

especially, when you walk into forest haven with a pumpkin helm and cyber armour

Pharcyde
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Sexy charming lady man > charming lady.

Don't judge okay! ;) xD

Ladylove
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Sexy charming lady man > charming lady.

Don't judge okay! ;) xD

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/AnnaGrace2491/dragqueen.jpg

???

:( Now I feel ugly...

Kujen
03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah dont take it personally. 56 or not, alot of people don't add random friend requests. You don't know the person, don't know how they play, don't know if they're just gonna end up begging you for stuff. There are a load of beggars in this game, they give lower levels a bad rep. I usually dont add people below 50 or people who werent actually in a game with me for these reasons.

I usually reply to PMs if they're questions, or comments like "nice hat" or whatever. I'd say thanks if you congratulated me. But if they start asking me for goods or services, I might not reply. Ive been sucked into one before lol, "hey can I ask you a question?" "ok sure" "can I have some gold pls?"...ugh.

The person on your friends list, if they're a good friend that you play with a lot and talk to..then maybe they were being a jerk. If theyre just someone on your list that you haven't really talked to or played with much, then you cant expect them to help you. I've got a lot of people on my list but I would probably do favors for only a few.

adwin
03-02-2011, 10:42 PM
The only situation in which I "add", or temporarily add random invites, is when I join an instance and I know I will be making quite a few additional runs.
If I come to like the person, I keep him/her, otherwise, I delete. Which reminds, me. I have to unclutter that friend list..
I wish the devs would let us customise other player names in our list, or add notes...

In direct reply to the OP:
lvl 56.. mean? lol
I was booted from a 45 lvl because I didn't accept his FR on join. In any case, it seems like he was on something O_o

http://i54.tinypic.com/23itftz.png

skavenger216
03-03-2011, 12:00 AM
How ironic that the first message after the boot in that pic is "can some1 plz lvl me?"

Fyrce
03-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Lots of helpless people in the game. Very sad.

Kalielle
03-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Try going into Forest Haven instead and congratulating some new players on reaching level 10, and offer to friend them. After all, it's just as much an accomplishment for them as it is for a high level to reach the top; they're still just figuring out the game at that point and everything is new and confusing, so those fist few levels are a real milestone.

superss
03-03-2011, 01:00 PM
thanks everyone i feel better about 56s now oh and funny story im lv 48 and go into the first level to see how easy it was with lvl 48 so i go in and a lvl 2 boots me with no reason lol

kopi
03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
that day i logged in my 55 mage, this guy sent a request. i ignored. then i logged in my 55 bear, this same guy sent another request. third time i logged in my 50 bird, again he sent a request. after i checked CS, saw the chat log he was begging, someone told him off. my turn, i told him stop sending request to any high lv players, nobody will accept.
friendship is earned thru playing a map together, not just random request. even if u performed badly in a map, nobody is gona add or accept, this is the real world.

superss
03-03-2011, 02:35 PM
yah good point

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Maybe thats because you asked to be boosted....