PDA

View Full Version : Nekro Changes Discussion

Carapace
01-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Hey all!

We’ve been listening to feedback about Nekro, and that feedback has brought me to some ideas on how to improve him. Let's get started :)

- Nekro's Happiness bonus currently provides +15 all stats, +20 to primary, and +6 mana regen. This is a bit broad and not quite potent enough compared to other arcane's, given his crafting component. As such I'm proposing shifting these to +10 all stats, +30 to primary, and +8 mana regen. This brings the total for the primary stat up 5 points, without overdoing the stat bonuses. There has to be some give and take in this regard.

- Nekro receives a higher base damage then other pets in the game, including other arcane's. The overall net is the raw value of his damage base increases about 15% over other arcane pets at his level. This value then scales into the other abilities and damaging attacks, including his shield buff. This is a COMPONENT of how abilities and effects damage and the like are calculated, so it does not implicitly mean that he will "just be stronger than every other arcane, period" as each ability for every pet has their own calculations of relevance. This serves to help his shield absorption, and overall passive damage.

- Nekro's lvl 40+ passive attack now has a 15% chance to stun. This adheres to the normal stun immunity in PvP

- Nekro's Activated Ability Cooldown decreased from 40 seconds to 26 seconds

- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now deals more damage, as a result of his base attribute increase

- Nekro's passive attack rate has been increased from 1 attack every 2 seconds, to 1 attack every 1.8 seconds

- Fixed a bug related to his lvl 20-29 passive damage skill not doing its intended damage calculation

thoughts?

Appeltjes
01-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Did I just seriously read that you are planning on making his shield stronger?

May I remind you that we still have Scorch who can't even shield you from a brackenridge mob.

Sorcerie
01-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, LOL.

Visiting
01-20-2015, 01:45 PM
You're cutting his AA CoolDown in half almost? Don't you think that's a bit much?

Sorcerie
01-20-2015, 01:47 PM
You're cutting his AA CoolDown in half almost? Don't you think that's a bit much?40 secs was crazy long anyhow

Visiting
01-20-2015, 01:49 PM
40 secs was crazy long anyhow

True, but 29-30 seconds may be more viable for this pet's AA

Zeus
01-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Finally something that comes close to SnS. Thank you, STG!

Visiting
01-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Also, since the speed buff and elixirs stack, would it be safe to assume that the new Djinn pet's armor buff would stack with the armor buff you get when you stand in a rogue's veil skill?

Appeltjes
01-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Finally something that comes close to SnS. Thank you, STG!

Ur old sig was cooler :/

Sorcerie
01-20-2015, 01:53 PM
True, but 29-30 seconds may be more viable for this pet's AAThe AA is entirely defensive in nature, and judging from the way that Scorch AA behaves having a long CD for Nekro's Dragon Scales with a panic/banish seems like it would be a troll move, imo.

Look how many people are happy with their Scorch, js.

Zeus
01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
The AA is entirely defensive in nature, and judging from the way that Scorch AA behaves having a long CD for Nekro's Dragon Scales with a panic/banish seems like it would be a troll move, imo.

Look how many people are happy with their Scorch, js.

Scorch AA time should be reduced too imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Sorcerie
01-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Scorch AA time should be reduced too imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using TapatalkAgreed, considering that a sheet of paper is more capable of defending my mage better than Scorch' dragon scales.

Zeus
01-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Keep in mind those asking for a nerf are basically denying themselves a chance to compete with SnS. 30% speed from AA will help one avoid SnS pools with ease.

It was a good buff imo and will increase value of vials for farmers as well!

Kriticality
01-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Oh no, I need nekro now. Sounds like significant improvements and I'm happy for all the Nekro users. I need fossil bad now.

lethaljade
01-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Lovee this! Legit! Pasive stun and shorter cool down is a nice touch.
Still not sure I understand the damage part hes main damage stays at 12 percent?
If so I feel like it should gain 12 percent crit too.

EDIT: please listen to this, this isnt just me saying this but even people who own shady and surge, this post involves nekro/ the new pet thats coming out so please check the feedback here too.

Http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?204900-make-me-a-arcane-pet-with-15-percent-damage-and-12-percent-crit

Its obvious to me you guys dont want people whining like you did when you first released nekro and shady and surge, you altered nekro to have lower stats because everyone complained about it, you was careful with the new pet in not overdoing the stats, but now I really feel like your under doing them, we need a pet with the same happiness bonus to compete with shady and surge, otherwise this leaves things unbalanced and unfair, if a pet that everyone can work to obtain has the same happiness bonus as shady and surge yes people will complain, but only because theese people are selfish/lazy and don't want to work towards another pet, in time many people will have this pet, when samael got released it was ridiculously over the top compared to other pets, but now thousands of players have that pet, and before shady and surge was released this lead to balance and equal opportunities, right now there is not equal opportunities as a substantial amount of players have a ridiculous advantage when it comes to pve , this includes farming but especially leader board timed runs . People have an advantage in pvp, and alls it takes for this advantage to be ridiculously over the top is for a timed run team to have 4 shady and surges, or a pvp clash team to have a team of shady and surge, and this happens very frequently in pvp, and at the end of the season it will be frequent in pve.

And its not even about leaderboard runs or pvp, this game should give equal opportunities for everyone to be able to reach simular stats, and right now its not, and its the one thing I very much dislike about this game at the moment.

SacredKnight
01-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Scorch buff too??

IMO the fact that the skill "Dragon Scales" is effectively linked between Nekro and Scorch and that Nekro's entire AA "configures" for Scorches AA in the sense that it's ok that it's weak because there are other bonuses, is kind of sad, in the colloquial sense.

What I mean is, because Scorches AA is in Nekro's it will never be developed to the stage where it becomes a formidable AA on it's own. So if Dragon Scales gets a strong buff than it's like Nekro's AA becomes a double AA and that would never happen due to obvious unbalances. I think Dragon Scales should be removed from Nekro and instead effectively retitle it "Dragon's Hide" or something like that to create a more individualized AA for Scorch so it, as well as the rest of him can be buffed with no issue.

Carapace
01-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Also, since the speed buff and elixirs stack, would it be safe to assume that the new Djinn pet's armor buff would stack with the armor buff you get when you stand in a rogue's veil skill?

The speed buff doesn't "stack", it replaces it for the duration of the AA. Armor will also do the same thing in applicable circumstances.

Kakashis
01-20-2015, 03:04 PM
That's great and all, but can something be done to buff scorch? At the moment he's worse than a legendary pet and now his shielding is far worse than another shielding pet (Nekro). They're from the same expansion, would have been nicer to see nekro be a full all out offensive dragon, and scorch the defensive dragon with singe in between.

Carapace
01-20-2015, 04:05 PM
That's great and all, but can something be done to buff scorch? At the moment he's worse than a legendary pet and now his shielding is far worse than another shielding pet (Nekro). They're from the same expansion, would have been nicer to see nekro be a full all out offensive dragon, and scorch the defensive dragon with singe in between.

Possibly, but I believe the calls for a buff on Nekro are directly related to him being a bit more expensive and harder to obtain due to crafting. They are both arcane pets, however Nekro is the harder to obtain of the two.

Good feedback so far, I'm reading it all thanks!

Ardbeg
01-20-2015, 04:40 PM
- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir

great overall package! one question regarding the additional speed buff: at the moment nekro slows enemies and will speed up players after the buff. how will that work out in pvp with nekro on each side? wich buff/debuff will win?

Arrowz
01-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Hey all!

We’ve been listening to feedback about Nekro, and that feedback has brought me to some ideas on how to improve him. Let's get started :)

- Nekro's Happiness bonus currently provides +15 all stats, +20 to primary, and +6 mana regen. This is a bit broad and not quite potent enough compared to other arcane's, given his crafting component. As such I'm proposing shifting these to +10 all stats, +30 to primary, and +8 mana regen. This brings the total for the primary stat up 5 points, without overdoing the stat bonuses. There has to be some give and take in this regard.

- Nekro receives a higher base damage then other pets in the game, including other arcane's. The overall net is the raw value of his damage base increases about 15% over other arcane pets at his level. This value then scales into the other abilities and damaging attacks, including his shield buff. This is a COMPONENT of how abilities and effects damage and the like are calculated, so it does not implicitly mean that he will "just be stronger than every other arcane, period" as each ability for every pet has their own calculations of relevance. This serves to help his shield absorption, and overall passive damage.

- Nekro's lvl 40+ passive attack now has a 15% chance to stun. This adheres to the normal stun immunity in PvP

- Nekro's Activated Ability now additionally provides players with a 30% speed buff for 5 seconds. The intent here is that the defensive nature of his shield buff combined with the speed increase should save your butt in certain scenarios. Note that this is 5% more movement speed than you can acquire from speed elixirs and would apply a small boost even with the elixir active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now deals more damage, as a result of his base attribute increase

- Nekro's passive attack rate has been increased from 1 attack every 2 seconds, to 1 attack every 1.8 seconds

- Fixed a bug related to his lvl 20-29 passive damage skill not doing its intended damage calculation

thoughts?

You say the proposed stat changed would bring the primary stat totals up by 5. 10+10+10+30=60. Currently its 15+15+15+20=65. So total primary stats would actually be going down 5

anduan
01-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Will be great to have nekro like this, thank you...
About shield, what I see is when an attack is apply to me and shield is on shield disappear and am dead...
Speed and decreased cooldown, yes now with speed I can run from red spots and with cooldown am not going to be jealous of the other's in party activating AA so fast.
Good in passive attack, I will like too have nekro more near, cause sometimes am looking for him and he's like very very far missing the action, then I loose focus and am like: dude where are you, he's like: am comming, am comming...
I will like the distance more likely samael, he don't miss the action.
Nekro is not picking some essences too, if u could check that, I been near an essence and he's like I won't pick it up, go you, am like maan, come on! I'll feed you double this time...
And Mana points I will love to get those 2 points in critical than in Mana, is too much for ask but maybe can think about it...
Waiting for the buff and thanks for the time spending on this...

Zeus
01-20-2015, 05:06 PM
You say the proposed stat changed would bring the primary stat totals up by 5. 10+10+10+30=60. Currently its 15+15+15+20=65. So total primary stats would actually be going down 5

There's only one primary stat depending on your class.

Zeus
01-20-2015, 05:07 PM
great overall package! one question regarding the additional speed buff: at the moment nekro slows enemies and will speed up players after the buff. how will that work out in pvp with nekro on each side? wich buff/debuff will win?

It says in addition so Nekro will still slow enemies unless I have misinterpreted?

Ardbeg
01-20-2015, 05:32 PM
It says in addition so Nekro will still slow enemies unless I have misinterpreted?

in a concurrent situation with nekro on both sides, what would happen? all canceled out, all slowed, all speed up... we know dmg debuff wins over dmg buff so i was wondering if a similar mechanism would be in place here.

Zeus
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM
in a concurrent situation with nekro on both sides, what would happen? all canceled out, all slowed, all speed up... we know dmg debuff wins over dmg buff so i was wondering if a similar mechanism would be in place here.

Debuffs overide buffs so everybody would be running with reduced speed.

davidvilla
01-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Hey all!

thoughts?

Still not impressed with the stat one can get from crafting this exclusive pet. I would like to suggest few of the things in regard to new nekro.

Happiness bonus: 15 all stat and 30 primary stat, 15 per damage, 12 per crit, 8 mana regen 150hp

Explanation: there r legendary pets going similar to the current stat of pet. It takes time, effort and of course a loot/ purchase arcane fossil. Without these happiness bonus it ain't worth be similar match to shady and surge which was released almost around same time.

Arcane ability: dragon scale which ignores all 20 per damage while activated( doesn't stack with similar damage reduction), buffs allies with 5 str, int, dex +80 armor, increase speed by 30 perc for 5second. Slows down the enemy for 5second , 50 perc chance to panic.
Arcane ability cool down 25 seconds.

Explanation: we've to consider both pvp and pve perspective at this point of time where we seriously lack defensive pet. The arcane ability is focused for those running elites and timed runs. If we talk about matching up with shady and surge, nekro can ignore the fraction of such damage from those pools with the damage reduction, armor. Even if stun at such pool one can activate the ability to somehow minimise the intense incoming damage.

davidvilla
01-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Hey all!

thoughts?

Sneak Peek: New Pet Stats!
Most of you have guessed by now that the "Something New" we teased a couple of weeks ago is indeed a new pet! You guys have been staring at the silhouette for a while now, so this time let's take a look at the stats!

Pet Name: Maridos

Happiness Bonus:
12% Damage
25 INT/DEX/STR
10% Crit (does stack with AA!)
2% Damage Reduction
175 Health

Arcane Ability: Maridos' Blessing
"Grants you and your allies 5% Crit, 15 INT, STR, DEX, 15% armor that reduces over time, and Maridos' power amplifies!"

Player
15% Armor Bonus for owner and allies. Reduces over time, 15%, 12.5%, 10%, 7.5%, 5%, 2.5%, then gone.
5% Crit for owner and allies
+15 to all stats for owner and allies

Maridos
25% Damage buff to Maridos
100% Chance on doing damage to inflict debuff on nearby enemies that reduces armor 15%, crit 8%, and reduce speed to 75%

The effects of the ability last about 10 seconds total.

Passive Attacks:

level 1-9: Quick Strike
Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%

level 10-19: Hammering Strike
Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%, enemy hit chance -10%

level 20-29: Blessed Strikes
Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%

level 30-39: Rain of Blows
Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%, strikes multiple enemies

level 40+: Djinn's Fury
Chance on Attack to reduce Armor 15%, enemy hit chance -20%, crit chance 3%, strikes multiple enemies
1% chance on an attack to banish the enemy.

Note: Hit chance reductions apply to PVE only.

Just compare urslf the nekro vs maridos. Do u guys think the speed will make sense where the game is going towards stat, damage, crit favor? Even if this new nekro comes out it will remain a disgrace and won't match singe clearly stat wise.
Hereby,
Sns>samael> singe> nekro
It's not fair at al..

lethaljade
01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Most of you have guessed by now that the "Something New" we teased a couple of weeks ago is indeed a new pet! You guys have been staring at the silhouette for a while now, so this time let's take a look at the stats!

Happiness Bonus:
12% Damage
25 INT/DEX/STR
2% Damage Reduction
175 Health

"Grants you and your allies 5% Crit, 15 INT, STR, DEX, 15% armor that reduces over time, and Maridos' power amplifies!"

Player
15% Armor Bonus for owner and allies. Reduces over time, 15%, 12.5%, 10%, 7.5%, 5%, 2.5%, then gone.

Maridos
100% Chance on doing damage to inflict debuff on nearby enemies that reduces armor 15%, crit 8%, and reduce speed to 75%

Passive Attacks:

Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%, strikes multiple enemies

Chance on Attack to reduce Armor 15%, enemy hit chance -20%, crit chance 3%, strikes multiple enemies

Just compare urslf the nekro vs maridos. Do u guys think the speed will make sense where the game is going towards stat, damage, crit favor? Even if this new nekro comes out it will remain a disgrace and won't match singe clearly stat wise.
Hereby,
Sns>samael> singe> nekro
It's not fair at al..
After thinking this over ,I agree to a certain extent but the cd on the nekro buff is a massive help and the movement speed is ok, im not to fussed about the moment speed tbh I don't pvp, but im sure it will be a massive help along with the 15 percent passive stun in pvp, pve wise those this pet still has nothing on shady and surge, a crit boost or damage boost is the only thing that will make me notice any benefit, but then again I feel this pet will be a massive improvement for pvp situations, just not pve it still sucks, the cooldown reduction is greatly appreciated but nothing else is any benefit to me.

Pyrogenie
01-20-2015, 06:41 PM

No no you got it wrong. 15 to all stats and 20 primary which means if your a rogue then 15 dex + 20 dex ( primary) = 35, now 10 to all stats and 30 primary means 10 dex + plus 30 (primary) = 40. Every class has only 1 set of primary stats. It would go up by 5 ONLY to your primary stat. +1 on the buff but I would like to see some critical added in there somewhere.

lethaljade
01-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Still not impressed with the stat one can get from crafting this exclusive pet. I would like to suggest few of the things in regard to new nekro.

Happiness bonus: 15 all stat and 30 primary stat, 15 per damage, 12 per crit, 8 mana regen 150hp

Explanation: there r legendary pets going similar to the current stat of pet. It takes time, effort and of course a loot/ purchase arcane fossil. Without these happiness bonus it ain't worth be similar match to shady and surge which was released almost around same time.

Arcane ability: dragon scale which ignores all 20 per damage while activated( doesn't stack with similar damage reduction), buffs allies with 5 str, int, dex +80 armor, increase speed by 30 perc for 5second. Slows down the enemy for 5second , 50 perc chance to panic.
Arcane ability cool down 25 seconds.

Explanation: we've to consider both pvp and pve perspective at this point of time where we seriously lack defensive pet. The arcane ability is focused for those running elites and timed runs. If we talk about matching up with shady and surge, nekro can ignore the fraction of such damage from those pools with the damage reduction, armor. Even if stun at such pool one can activate the ability to somehow minimise the intense incoming damage.
I agree however , im saying the opposite this pet buff is a benefit to pvp players not pve players, this pet is all defence and no offence, which is great in pvp for strategy but for pve I just don't get how most of these things are going to benefit me I want a arcane pet that has the same primary stats as shady and surge I was all fpr ditching this pet and buying the new one, but even the new pet doesn't have the same primary stats as shady n surge, frustrating that 30 players have such a ridiculous advantage all pets are unique and that's great but, no pet is ever going to be on par with a pet none of us can obtain which leaves no balance and unfairness, give nekro 15 percent damage and 12 crit or give the new pet theese primary stats, otherwise things like timed leader board runs, and pvp are going to continue to be un balanced and unfair

Haligali
01-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Will be better than breeze?

Pyrogenie
01-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Will be better than breeze?

Breeze is trash. AA is the only thing there which deserves a nerf in pvp. And yes I own breeze.

Kingofninjas
01-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Let's buff samael too. And abaddon and slag and ripmaw.

Arrowz
01-20-2015, 06:59 PM
There's only one primary stat depending on your class.

Whoops misread that.

Arrowz
01-20-2015, 07:02 PM

Happiness Bonus:
12% Damage
25 INT/DEX/STR
2% Damage Reduction
175 Health

Player

Maridos

Passive Attacks:

Hereby,
Sns>samael> singe> nekro
It's not fair at al..

If nekro still has the 10 crit with the other aforementioned changes i think it will beat out singe

siddhant
01-20-2015, 07:54 PM
well thanks for another pet buff but what abt mages when we getting our buff?

RHODEDOG
01-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Lol ;)

Pyrogenie
01-20-2015, 09:49 PM
I agree however , im saying the opposite this pet buff is a benefit to pvp players not pve players, this pet is all defence and no offence, which is great in pvp for strategy but for pve I just don't get how most of these things are going to benefit me I want a arcane pet that has the same primary stats as shady and surge I was all fpr ditching this pet and buying the new one, but even the new pet doesn't have the same primary stats as shady n surge, frustrating that 30 players have such a ridiculous advantage all pets are unique and that's great but, no pet is ever going to be on par with a pet none of us can obtain which leaves no balance and unfairness, give nekro 15 percent damage and 12 crit or give the new pet theese primary stats, otherwise things like timed leader board runs, and pvp are going to continue to be un balanced and unfair

+1 Jade. I couldn't agree more. It's time sts once and for all, give us a pet comparable to sns that anyone can obtain. Believe it or not as a sns owner I actually completely understand the frustration possibly being the only person jealous of my own toon lol, I would like a pet as powerful as sns on another toon but as we all know there are none comparable at the moment. It's time!

Kain
01-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Did I just seriously read that you are planning on making his shield stronger?

May I remind you that we still have Scorch who can't even shield you from a brackenridge mob.

He has a point. My Scorch is level 22 and when it comes to doing a dungeon, it's shield goes away so quickly.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 12:14 AM
I don't know how u guys even call this a buff with those proposed happiness bonus. Basically it's another nerf to the worst stat. So let's see it this way current (bad) - -> proposed to be weak (worse)
Clearly For each class,
Warrior= will gain 5 str but will lose 5 dex and 5 int (mana)
Rogue= gain 5 dex but will lose 5str(hp) and 5 int(mana)
Sorc = gains 5 int but will lose 5 str (hp) and 5 dex

So basically what we looking is a pet which is fully dependent upon arcane ability? And when ability gone we r a piece of toast?? If possible re egg my nekro n take my egg back for half of the price I spent on it. The pet is already bad why u want to make it more useless? The pet got nothing comparison to current singe.
Happiness bonus< singe bonus.
Arcane ability < singe ability (15 stat) n stun

Nitamana
01-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Since Nekro is going to be focused on the defense in PVP, should it get the ultimate AA skill panic recovery along with other buffing. This will surely get people interest.

And for Maridos, please make his passive attack cover large area. Seem like, in current form, he will not be very good for PVE mobs. And 15% armor reduction is not useful enough.

I maybe incorrect but if the damage and healing pool of SnS is stacking, should the stacking be change.

Appeltjes
01-21-2015, 02:47 AM
Possibly, but I believe the calls for a buff on Nekro are directly related to him being a bit more expensive ad harder to obtain due to crafting. They are both arcane pets, however Nekro is the harder to obtain of the two.

Good feedback so far, I'm reading it all thanks!

Scorch isn't arcane -,-

Rx8
01-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Huh?....this is an over buff...cutt8n down the CD by nearly half? OMGGG....so i guess nekro users vs sns will be equal pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew to break that shield.

Hey! We have scorch too!

epicrrr
01-21-2015, 04:49 AM
As long as nekro wont provide +stats with AA then the buff looks good. +30 prim stat is crazy and im suggesting his mana regen stays the same! A dmg crit and mana regen on a arcane pet will be too OP so the current mana regen should be "suffecient".

Montee Cosby
01-21-2015, 05:03 AM
Sorry to intrude but I want to Make a thread stating that im [S]>> lvl 3 and lvl 6 para/perfect dev maul! Pm!

Appeltjes
01-21-2015, 05:14 AM
Sorry to intrude but I want to Make a thread stating that im [S]>> lvl 3 and lvl 6 para/perfect dev maul! Pm!

Then you make a thread in the traders market section.

Cranky
01-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Singe will still wreck nekro squishy users
Singe should have had Nekro stats
And NEKRO should have had singee's buff instead any day

Pyrogenie
01-21-2015, 10:11 AM
As long as nekro wont provide +stats with AA then the buff looks good. +30 prim stat is crazy and im suggesting his mana regen stays the same! A dmg crit and mana regen on a arcane pet will be too OP so the current mana regen should be "suffecient".
Well you'd appreciate those "too OP" stats when you come across a team of sns users. In fact just me using sns on a full team gives them a hella advantage when those pools drop. Also its not uncommon to see 2-3 sns users on the same team. I've been with twox and rage on he same team before actually more then once. 3 sns users against even a full team of singe and sam users?.. Yeah right. And I assume you are referring to PvP because a too OP pet in pve is just ridiculous. Everyone can angle differently with opinion what with endgame and twinking BUT the majority here will be endgame. Only a handful of sns users in the twink bracket.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 10:35 AM
As many others have said before me. Please, do not look at pets from a personal level. Just because a pet might have outdated or supersede existing pets doesn't mean it should be nerfed. The current arcane pets, including Shady and Surge, have spent quite a large amount of time as king pets. The ideas generated with personal game do not generally contribute to the health of the game. Before starting, I would just like to say one thing: I am a Shady & Surge user.

Now, that being said. I do not think Shady & Surge deserves to be weakened. Previously, the pet was not worth the price the LB runners forced people to pay. Now, with current happiness bonus, it is! However, I do think there should be a pet that is comparable to SnS. As of right now, there's no pet like that which is an issue!

I am not saying that this pet has to be Nekro. Nekro, in my mind, has already received a good buff as it is. The 30% speed buff should not be underestimated. Keep in mind that Nekro's AA prior buff slows enemies and that will still exist after buff. So, on top of slowing down enemies, you and your allies are gaining 30% speed. What does that mean? You'll be moving 50-60% faster than your enemies which is a godsend for rogues who can swoop in and snipe their enemies. Keep in mind, I am a Nekro user as well. I would've appreciated a 15% damage boost as opposed to the existing 12% damage boost but I am okay with the fact that they did not. The AA is now something worth tapping and I am happy with that!

However, if the SnS equal is not going to be Nekro, then it should at least be Maridom. Give a happiness bonus as good as Shady & Surge, please! Shady & Surge has a good AA and good happiness bonus. However, since they're limited, I can only use the one that I have on rogue. I'd like to have an equal pet to use on alternative characters. It's a win-win for everyone, including the existing Shady & Surge users.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Ok let's say,

Singe gets nekro current stat or proposed whatever it is and nekro gets the one singe has.

Now the question to all the nekro and singe owners out there, will u gonna swap up the stats n everything completely?

Answer will be as follows:
Nekro owners: hell yes
Singe owners: there's no way in the world possible ( cuz they know nekro sucks )

And look at the price range singe (14m) and nekro (35-45m)
Do u still think there is going to be fair play?
U can't just rely on arcane ability of a pet. Lowering down secondary stat will lower down other points too. For singe the buff of 15 stat overcomes any secondary stat lowered down. But for nekro which doesn't have any such stat buff will make toon weak. I'm a Mage if I get proposed nekro I will be losing 5 hp and 5 dex. Just simply put urslf into all class. Do u even think it comes close to sns? No freeking way and will never does.
It doesn't even comes close to singe. Shady and surge and now maridos r too far ahead from nekro league.

Honestly I see this so called buff is another nerf on stats. U have to take into consideration that the pet users r not only endgame players like us but twinks as well. For twinks lowering every stat will make them weaker.

If sts is thinking they doing right then let me remind u it's NOT ENOUGH. And I'm asking STS I DONT NEED BUFF. Simply refund my gold. I will go buy something else.
Thank u.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Like seriously, devs team doesn't have problem on these followings:
- goblin ring level 2 proc of 25 primary stat, 6.15%, 4.57 % crit and 71 armor
Do u guys have any idea what u guys did with low level twink? Made immortal toons. N u guys dnt have any problem for 25stat proc for such low levels.
- wild talisman amulet proc 25 stat ( no problem for this as well)
- weapons proc massive stats (sceptre, storm sword, ....)

Basically those massive stat proc won't values much but when it comes down to buff pet like 5/10 stat or few damage there will be a massive debate/ drama. Common guys try to be fair to some context.

Konviict
01-21-2015, 11:48 AM
This buff will be worth it, it's a huge change to Nekro's current AA and happiness bonus. In my opinion it should be close to Maridom, which will be after the buff, I guess. Thanks STS.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 11:57 AM
This buff will be worth it, it's a huge change to Nekro's current AA and happiness bonus. In my opinion it should be close to Maridom, which will be after the buff, I guess. Thanks STS.

Close to maridom? U must be joking right?
Proposed nekro gains 5 primary stat with a loss of 10 secondary stat and u call it as a huge change? Yea huge change lowering down more than it is at the time.
And talking about the arcane ability, how long it's gonna last for? Few seconds may be, then what's after that? U will be taking massive damage again cuz ur stat r lowered down.
Scroll up the maridos and nekro comparison, the happiness bonus, ability buff is pretty clear there.

Konviict
01-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Close to maridom? U must be joking right?
Proposed nekro gains 5 primary stat with a loss of 10 secondary stat and u call it as a huge change? Yea huge change lowering down more than it is at the time.
And talking about the arcane ability, how long it's gonna last for? Few seconds may be, then what's after that? U will be taking massive damage again cuz ur stat r lowered down.
Scroll up the maridos and nekro comparison, the happiness bonus, ability buff is pretty clear there.

Don't only look to it's happiness bonus, there are many factors playing a role of a pet.
First of all lowering the CD of the AA from 40 seconds to 26 seconds? He gets 15% Damage, little faster attack rate, a speed buff in it's AA. Keep in mind that Nekro still can terrify, which is OP in guild wars + it has a stat buff + shield + speed. What else do you want more?

You can't just compare every pet to ONE specific, every pet is used in different situations. Pets need to stay unique, you know?

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Don't only look to it's happiness bonus, there are many factors playing a role of a pet.
First of all lowering the CD of the AA from 40 seconds to 26 seconds? He gets 15% Damage, little faster attack rate, a speed buff in it's AA. Keep in mind that Nekro still can terrify, which is OP in guild wars + it has a stat buff + shield + speed. What else do you want more?

You can't just compare every pet to ONE specific, every pet is used in different situations. Pets need to stay unique, you know?
First of all, it's pet who gets 15 per more damage not the player.
Second, Nekro barely terrifies at pvp. I'm the owner of the pet and I know it's rare as heraldic.
Third, there is NO STAT BUFF anywhere.
Fourth, speed doesn't make much sense to some class where gale force has speed on it and pierce itself is a form of speed.
Fifth, shield lasts just few seconds and after that u r clearly a toast cuz ur secondary stat been lowered down and nekro doesn't have hp boost like singe, maridos does.

lethaljade
01-21-2015, 12:18 PM
As many others have said before me. Please, do not look at pets from a personal level. Just because a pet might have outdated or supersede existing pets doesn't mean it should be nerfed. The current arcane pets, including Shady and Surge, have spent quite a large amount of time as king pets. The ideas generated with personal game do not generally contribute to the health of the game. Before starting, I would just like to say one thing: I am a Shady & Surge user.

Now, that being said. I do not think Shady & Surge deserves to be weakened. Previously, the pet was not worth the price the LB runners forced people to pay. Now, with current happiness bonus, it is! However, I do think there should be a pet that is comparable to SnS. As of right now, there's no pet like that which is an issue!

I am not saying that this pet has to be Nekro. Nekro, in my mind, has already received a good buff as it is. The 30% speed buff should not be underestimated. Keep in mind that Nekro's AA prior buff slows enemies and that will still exist after buff. So, on top of slowing down enemies, you and your allies are gaining 30% speed. What does that mean? You'll be moving 50-60% faster than your enemies which is a godsend for rogues who can swoop in and snipe their enemies. Keep in mind, I am a Nekro user as well. I would've appreciated a 15% damage boost as opposed to the existing 12% damage boost but I am okay with the fact that they did not. The AA is now something worth tapping and I am happy with that!

However, if the SnS equal is not going to be Nekro, then it should at least be Maridom. Give a happiness bonus as good as Shady & Surge, please! Shady & Surge has a good AA and good happiness bonus. However, since they're limited, I can only use the one that I have on rogue. I'd like to have an equal pet to use on alternative characters. It's a win-win for everyone, including the existing Shady & Surge users.
I agree if I don't get either nekro or this new pet with 15 percent damage and 12 percent or more crit, ill be throughly disappointed. However it should be nekro receiving a crit and damage gain as the new pet has crit as a buff , so I don't think a crit boost would work a damage increase on the new pet would work well though of it could also receive 15 percentage damage like sns

Konviict
01-21-2015, 12:22 PM
First of all, it's pet who gets 15 per more damage not the player.
Second, Nekro barely terrifies at pvp. I'm the owner of the pet and I know it's rare as heraldic.
Third, there is NO STAT BUFF anywhere.
Fourth, speed doesn't make much sense to some class where gale force has speed on it and pierce itself is a form of speed.
Fifth, shield lasts just few seconds and after that u r clearly a toast cuz ur secondary stat been lowered down and nekro doesn't have hp boost like singe, maridos does.

I thought that the Dragon Scale (the shield of Nekro you get when you active the AA) gives you stat bonus also? Maybe it might be the older version of it's AA before the actually nerf. My bad.
Anyway, it does panic, says it has a HIGH chance to panic.

AA: Releases undead energy that slows and has a 40% chance to cause panic. Small chance to banish. Also applies Dragon Scales.

Besides that, you can't just say speed doesn't make much sense just because some users are using gale/pierce. That's the same way of saying Sam's passive is no use because we have horn/ health in pierce/ packs etc. The speed boost might be a good way to prevent/get out of SNS' pools or perhaps if you are a good tactical PvP player and you know how to play (talking when in a guildwar); Sam's AA -> Terrify enemy -> Nekro's AA (Speed) -> Snipe enemy -> Dead.

About the shield, I have to admit that it isn't that good, but buffing the shield will cause it to be an arcane shield (like sorcerer's) which would be overpowered in my opinion.

leonardtbbt
01-21-2015, 12:24 PM
So basicly.......nekro new stats still weak against 15-17m of singe....i mean +10 all stat +30primary stats... against +30primary stats +12all stats from singe.......lol now even with the +10crit% of nekros talking about new enchanted eyes gem who gives .57% crit in low lvl rogue singe still singe wons against nekros users even with new stats common sts i think u can get better ideas.....

lethaljade
01-21-2015, 12:25 PM
I thought that the Dragon Scale (the shield of Nekro you get when you active the AA) gives you stat bonus also? Maybe it might be the older version of it's AA before the actually nerf. My bad.
Anyway, it does panic, says it has a HIGH chance to panic.

AA: Releases undead energy that slows and has a 40% chance to cause panic. Small chance to banish. Also applies Dragon Scales.

Besides that, you can't just say speed doesn't make much sense just because some users are using gale/pierce. That's the same way of saying Sam's passive is no use because we have horn/ health in pierce/ packs etc. The speed boost might be a good way to prevent/get out of SNS' pools or perhaps if you are a good tactical PvP player and you know how to play (talking when in a guildwar); Sam's AA -> Terrify enemy -> Nekro's AA (Speed) -> Snipe enemy -> Dead.

About the shield, I have to admit that it isn't that good, but buffing the shield will cause it to be an arcane shield (like sorcerer's) which would be overpowered in my opinion.
I agree with this also but not all of us pvp, this is no use to anyone in pve, apart from dodging boss hits, which is really not what I bought this pet for lol. If I wanted to dodge boss hits id buy a speed elixer.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 12:28 PM
I agree if I don't get either nekro or this new pet with 15 percent damage and 12 percent or more crit, ill be throughly disappointed.

I will quit right away. The issues I'm disappointed at the moment r still not addressed. When it first came out I spent 60m for it with a hope of being good. But now I don't think it gonna get fix or whatever. New Legendary pets are getting better and better with primary and secondary stat and here the so called buff is going to lower down more.
We need more power as mobs r getting stronger every new elite map. But still it doesn't even comes close to singe in comparison.
Afterall it was always a vanity pet.

Carapace
01-21-2015, 12:56 PM

Good question, in this case based on the way we currently handle such things the negative aspect would trump the positive and both parties would be reduced in speed.

Carapace
01-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Reading into the insights here I think buffing Nekro's damage to 15% is an interesting idea. I also concur that there is no reason to remove the +5 all stats, which results in a loss on passive stats. A compromise of +12 to all stats with the 15% damage is pretty attractive. In addition to the Damage, would it be interesting to give Nekro's AA shield a potentially specific protection against SnS's death pools, and a bonus inside for example?

Singe is not specifically a part of this discussion, however points brought up about his shield are not unheard. With Nekro's AA shield receiving a buff to speed and damage absorption, it may be fair to take a look at Singe's AA Shield and distinguish the two.

I do hear players in regard to SnS and its crazy stats, but as pointed about before we can't just compare one pet to another al day long as their are other options as well. In regards to the Gale Force skill combined with Nekro for example, this means you could potentially swap out Gale Force for another skill. There are multiple synergies that could piggy back on these improvements to Nekro, which is why toying with such things can be very delicate.

For players mentioning his use in PvE, what would you like to see that would be more helpful? The 15% stun also applies in PvE of course, so there is added CC on top of the ability to run away from PvE situations with the AA. Offensively he may need something for PvE however, so I'm open to ideas as I think on my own.

We'll keep the discussion going on this, how do these above changes sound?

TL;DR:

+15% Damage, +10% Crit, +12 STR/DEX/INT, +30 Primary, 8 Mana Regen

in addition to the other improvements already mentioned:

Carapace
01-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Scorch isn't arcane -,-

Haha good catch, I get Singe and Scorch confused sometimes :)

Zeus
01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Protection against SnS pools would be epic, Cara! Would definitely add some interesting plays!

lethaljade
01-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Whats its bonus now 15 all stats? I dint mind sacrificing 3 intel 3 dex and 3 str, im very happy with the 15 percent damage and extra 2 percent crit would also be appreciated may be pushing my luck there but putting it out there! Lol

Veoemel
01-21-2015, 01:33 PM
While you are at it, why not also take a look into Scorch's shield? I mean they are 'family' afterall, aren't they?

Zeus
01-21-2015, 01:37 PM
You got your dragons confused, Cara. Scorch has an AA shield, not Singe! :3

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
We all know couple of stat like 2/3 stat change isn't appealing anymore. As always been stated legendary has pretty solid stat. Nekro still need few improvement carapace. It has to be 15 stat and on arcane ability please add 5 all stat and 80 armor. Passive stun can only be experienced by level 40 plus and don't under estimate twinks who has those pets too. We have to consider the game has gone to the whole new level since para gem and now the crit gems came out. Lowering the primary and secondary stat will in fact affect the health and side stat as mana (which is already a major issue in game). 8 mana regeneration to be honest doesn't make ay sense at leven 40 41 where u need a big package of mana. U can put it as 6 regeneration but can add few more stats.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 02:06 PM
We all know couple of stat like 2/3 stat change isn't appealing anymore. As always been stated legendary has pretty solid stat. Nekro still need few improvement carapace. It has to be 15 stat and on arcane ability please add 5 all stat and 80 armor. Passive stun can only be experienced by level 40 plus and don't under estimate twinks who has those pets too. We have to consider the game has gone to the whole new level since para gem and now the crit gems came out. Lowering the primary and secondary stat will in fact affect the health and side stat as mana (which is already a major issue in game). 8 mana regeneration to be honest doesn't make ay sense at leven 40 41 where u need a big package of mana. U can put it as 6 regeneration but can add few more stats.

Wow, that's a bit greedy. 80 armor too?

This is SnS level pet and even will provide some protection against SnS death pools. 15% is a nice buff and +12 to all is a large compromise. You need some middle ground. The AA also got a buff as well. I believe the reason for buff was to have a pet that is competitive on SnS level.

I have a Nekro too but I wouldn't ask that. There needs to be some form of fairness.

Pyrogenie
01-21-2015, 02:17 PM

Basically the same thing I said. +1.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Wow, that's a bit greedy. 80 armor too?

This is SnS level pet and even will provide some protection against SnS death pools. 15% is a nice buff and +12 to all is a large compromise. You need some middle ground. The AA also got a buff as well. I believe the reason for buff was to have a pet that is competitive on SnS level.

I have a Nekro too but I wouldn't ask that. There needs to be some form of fairness.

Common mate u know it well 80 armor isn't much where the game is running around 2200 armor. May be not on the arcane ability but if happen to get on stat will be good to run elites. Like I said couple of stat on pet isn't that much simply cuz it doesn't have hp gain like samael and shady n surge. I know u own nekro and ur opinion to get it to this point of conversation is highly appreciated. I would be more than happy on my mage if I get 15 all stat 30 primary stat 15 perc damage, 10 per crit and 80 armor and 6 mana regen Followed by the a a of what carapace mentioned with buff of 5 stat for 5 seconds.
It's not much of an asking but has to be taken into consideration to make it really an appealing one to snatch it.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Common mate u know it well 80 armor isn't much where the game is running around 2200 armor. May be not on the arcane ability but if happen to get on stat will be good to run elites. Like I said couple of stat on pet isn't that much simply cuz it doesn't have hp gain like samael and shady n surge. I know u own nekro and ur opinion to get it to this point of conversation is highly appreciated. I would be more than happy on my mage if I get 15 all stat 30 primary stat 15 perc damage, 10 per crit and 80 armor. Followed by the a a of what carapace mentioned with buff of 5 stat for 5 seconds.
It's not much of an asking but has to be taken into consideration to make it really an appealing one to snatch it.

If 80 armor isn't that much, you wouldn't be asking for it. I wouldn't get greedy...they may not even implement anything and then we're stuck at phase one. It seems that you want a pet with everything and no compromise. There's a reason other arcane pets exist as well. If you want no compromise, buy all of the arcane pets. One pet shouldn't be king in every category which is why as a SnS user, I agreed on buffing Nekro. At the same time, Nekro should not be king in every category as well. What is the point of a 100 pet stable if there's one best pet?

Nekro may not get health gain, but it gives a higher damaging attack compared to SnS and Samael as well as protecting against SnS death pools as well as the ability to move faster than anything else in the room while slowing down enemies as well. Did I forget to mention the terrify? You need to compromise a little.

Carapace
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM

To the bigger point of making stats larger and larger, we have to be very careful how we do that. We're already talking about most high end pets adding 35-50 stat points to a single stat, so if we increased that to 55, 60, 70, 100, it starts to spiral out of control very quickly. Sometimes the obvious approach can have very serious effects in the long run when we have to yet again one up a previously amazing set of stats. Our approach now is more on a lateral movement scale, shifting around the stats we have without making them too over loaded.

AA is a good place to make more appropriate game play interesting and strategy based choices which we feel is good for the game.

In regards to the stun only at level 40+ you have a very valid point. I don't believe as high of a value would permeate down but adding the stun potential to his passive attack across all levels sounds fair. Something like:

1-9: 5% Stun Chance
10-19: 7.5% Stun Chance
20-29: 10% Stun Chance
30-39: 12.5% Stun Chance
40+ 15% stun Chance

Kriticality
01-21-2015, 02:54 PM
if this new nekro isn't op, i don't know what is. Sick stats, sick aa, sns pools no prob, 15 damage, passive stun... etc etc Congrats to all the nekro users, I hope to join the ownership club soon. Great job Cara

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 03:01 PM
If 80 armor isn't that much, you wouldn't be asking for it. I wouldn't get greedy...they may not even implement anything and then we're stuck at phase one. It seems that you want a pet with everything and no compromise. There's a reason other arcane pets exist as well. If you want no compromise, buy all of the arcane pets. One pet shouldn't be king in every category which is why as a SnS user, I agreed on buffing Nekro. At the same time, Nekro should not be king in every category as well. What is the point of a 100 pet stable if there's one best pet?

Nekro may not get health gain, but it gives a higher damaging attack compared to SnS and Samael as well as protecting against SnS death pools as well as the ability to move faster than anything else in the room while slowing down enemies as well. Did I forget to mention the terrify? You need to compromise a little.

I have no intention to get other arcane pet as I've already spent huge on this one. All I want is a pet which lasts for a season for least with a fame. Personally I farm elites more and pvp very very less. So for me pvp isn't a concern. If the arcane ability has something very protective from those elite boss 1 hit then yes I would love to get that and I couldn't agree more. And will be looking forward to this new born nekro

Excuses
01-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Another buff-nerf.
Sorry but yeah. Again.

I think new stat looks good as a counter pet of sns. Shield + speed boost.

But too short Cd will make pvp imbalance again. Imagine when all 10 people have nekro. This might make both team invincible.
Especially on low level twink, 3-5 tanks with 5 nekro sound horrible to me. (and add 15% dmg on this invincible team? No way.)
This pet is rare but obtainable. I don't care about market, I just don't want to see a pet ruin pvp again.

Hope you guys stop buff-nerf cycle someday. I don't understand why nekro should be sns level. I rather like to see new pet with better ability, not buff old pets. Even mythic pet(yes I know scorch sucks, but) I want to see nekro-like mythic with better stat.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 03:04 PM
To the bigger point of making stats larger and larger, we have to be very careful how we do that. We're already talking about most high end pets adding 35-50 stat points to a single stat, so if we increased that to 55, 60, 70, 100, it starts to spiral out of control very quickly. Sometimes the obvious approach can have very serious effects in the long run when we have to yet again one up a previously amazing set of stats. Our approach now is more on a lateral movement scale, shifting around the stats we have without making them too over loaded.

AA is a good place to make more appropriate game play interesting and strategy based choices which we feel is good for the game.

In regards to the stun only at level 40+ you have a very valid point. I don't believe as high of a value would permeate down but adding the stun potential to his passive attack across all levels sounds fair. Something like:

1-9: 5% Stun Chance
10-19: 7.5% Stun Chance
20-29: 10% Stun Chance
30-39: 12.5% Stun Chance
40+ 15% stun Chance

Now my concern at this point is what will be the stun rate when cap keeps increasing. I do understand we can overcome few stat change by shifting our passive. But can I know how long the AA lasts for?

Zeus
01-21-2015, 03:07 PM
I have no intention to get other arcane pet as I've already spent huge on this one. All I want is a pet which lasts for a season for least with a fame. Personally I farm elites more and pvp very very less. So for me pvp isn't a concern. If the arcane ability has something very protective from those elite boss 1 hit then yes I would love to get that and I couldn't agree more. And will be looking forward to this new born nekro

In your other posts, you said you opened Nekro on a L23 mage. You farm elites on a L23 mage? The pet is quite formidable with Carapace's changes. Be happy with it!

After all, it's not their fault you decided to spend 60M on a pet. I've spent 200M on imbued gear and you won't see me complaining that prices have fallen on it. What I complained about was that it wasn't worth the effort. Similar to that of Nekro. The stats were not worth the effort. Now they are, no?

What was their fault was not releasing a SnS competitor. With Nekro in play, they have remedied this.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Now my concern at this point is what will be the stun rate when cap keeps increasing. I do understand we can overcome few stat change by shifting our passive. But can I know how long the AA lasts for?

The speed lasts for 5 seconds. Everything else is the same as before unless I'm mistaken? I'm fallible as well but just interpreting the information given to me.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Another buff-nerf.
Sorry but yeah. Again.

I think new stat looks good as a counter pet of sns. Shield + speed boost.

But too short Cd will make pvp imbalance again. Imagine when all 10 people have nekro. This might make both team invincible.
Especially on low level twink, 3-5 tanks with 5 nekro sound horrible to me. (and add 15% dmg on this invincible team? No way.)
This pet is rare but obtainable. I don't care about market, I just don't want to see a pet ruin pvp again.

Hope you guys stop buff-nerf cycle someday. I don't understand why nekro should be sns level. I rather like to see new pet with better ability, not buff old pets. Even mythic pet(yes I know scorch sucks, but) I want to see nekro-like mythic with better stat.

3+ tanks r mostly invincible anyway and we can't do anything about it. Put 5 samael with 3/5 warriors. Evaluate the hp gain at that team.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 03:12 PM
In your other posts, you said you opened Nekro on a L23 mage. You farm elites on a L23 mage? The pet is quite formidable with Carapace's changes. Be happy with it!

After all, it's not their fault you decided to spend 60M on a pet. I've spent 200M on imbued gear and you won't see me complaining that prices have fallen on it. What I complained about was that it wasn't worth the effort. Similar to that of Nekro. The stats were not worth the effort. Now they are, no?

What was their fault was not releasing a SnS competitor. With Nekro in play, they have remedied this.

I opened nekro on my girlfriend 41 toon. I play mage 23 at this time.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 03:13 PM
I opened nekro on my girlfriend toon. I play mage 23 at this time.

Ah, apologies for the confusion then!

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Ah, apologies for the confusion then!

No bother at all. So when will the proposed nekro be out? This weekend or may be soon in future? And yes overall Im thoroughly satisfied. Thanks zeus and carapace.

Carapace
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
moving forward into higher levels I think the stun % would level off/cap out and the damage would increase etc.

There's a lot on the list of potential changes, and the concern for PvP imbalance is certainly there. If anyone has other concerns or ideas related to the changes proposed I'd love to hear them.

thanks all!

Cranky
01-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Does that 15% damage bonus on nekro or even pet with less % damage bonus to the users
Does that apply to rogues Inside Pvp or only warriors and magw?

Cranky
01-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Singe is op for its price
13-15
While nekro is waaaay more then double of that price plus the quest 4-5 days the vials to craft it
BLAH blah
I think it should atlesst add +5+5+5 int str Dex on its arcane ability
On top of the ability and maybe add 2% crit that's about it
And maybe lower the movement speed by 5% on the speed boost should to it
It's a give and take

Kain
01-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Make Nekro Strong for PvE purposes and decent for PvP purposes, he is an Arcane pet. So of course he's going to be OverPowered, but don't make him like Breeze. It's actually pains me that people spam Breeze, oops I changed the subject, stopping now.

lethaljade
01-21-2015, 04:34 PM
This is what id like to see
12 percent crit 15 damage, passive stun 10 percent not 15 at level 41, 15 seems way to much imo.keep the added speed, the shield does not need a special thing to avoid sns in pvp situations theres more nekro around then sns and in the future many will be running around with a nekro if everyone can couter sns 100percent this kills sns unique ability. Keep the shorter cooldown, plus 12 to dex int and str is fine. And all the other improvements you suggested are minor but good so id keep them.

Carapace
01-21-2015, 04:48 PM
This is what id like to see
12 percent crit 15 damage, passive stun 10 percent not 15 at level 41, 15 seems way to much imo.keep the added speed, the shield does not need a special thing to avoid sns in pvp situations theres more nekro around then sns and in the future many will be running around with a nekro if everyone can couter sns 100percent this kills sns unique ability. Keep the shorter cooldown, plus 12 to dex int and str is fine. And all the other improvements you suggested are minor but good so id keep them.

The SnS specific elements here would certainly be strategy related. Players would have to save their AA on Nekro until SnS was used for example, and then if the shield gets eaten through by other players it doesn't protect you much after the fact. It sounds like a fun way to spice up the game play a bit :)

Cranky
01-21-2015, 04:52 PM
And for those who compare SNS with Nekro keep in mind that SNS is an lb pet
Regardless what it's done to him keep him the way it is and dev should not even think about nerfing him considering players spent 150+ mil on it
Good way to lose customers if they think of doing it whatsoever
But again NEKRO should add Jst a tiny more stats to it preferably add 2% more crit At the very least

Cranky
01-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Please please make sure that the shield on nekro actually absorbs more damage
Because that shield tends to break after 2 hits on level 9 lol
I did not even feel protected

lethaljade
01-21-2015, 04:59 PM
The SnS specific elements here would certainly be strategy related. Players would have to save their AA on Nekro until SnS was used for example, and then if the shield gets eaten through by other players it doesn't protect you much after the fact. It sounds like a fun way to spice up the game play a bit :)

Ah I see the buff will dissappear when the shield does, I suppose thats not to bad then. Im not a pvper so no expert in how this would work. From a pve perspective Im looking for that extra 2 crit more then anything, I do feel 15 percent passive is abit high through isn't sams passive stun only 5?

kixkaxx
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Shield automatically absorb any attack with dmg below 400(scale according to lvl); Only attacks higher than 400 can break it -- this makes it counter the pool of Sns

sevenpain
01-21-2015, 07:08 PM
When is mage gonna get a buff ?

Zeus
01-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Shield automatically absorb any attack with dmg below 400(scale according to lvl); Only attacks higher than 400 can break it -- this makes it counter the pool of Sns

I like Carapace's method of implementation better. Yours would stop auto attacks, most warrior attacks, etc. With Carapace's implementation, the shield will protect you until it disappears.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I like Carapace's method of implementation better. Yours would stop auto attacks, most warrior attacks, etc. With Carapace's implementation, the shield will protect you until it disappears.

Yea it's better if the shield stays open for certain period of time like say 7/8 seconds where it acts similar to intense damage reduction as like juggernaut or Mage damage reduction shield.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Yea it's better if the shield stays open for certain period of time like say 7/8 seconds where it acts similar to intense damage reduction as like juggernaut or Mage damage reduction shield.

Lol, still trying for that, eh... :D

Something like that would simply be far too OP. Currently, the shield gives just enough edge to prevent most one hits (at least in my gear). If I switch to another pet like SnS, red zones that previously were not a threat would one hit me with SnS.

will0
01-21-2015, 08:34 PM
SNS passive should have certain % to stunlock too, 15% passive reduce speed does nothing.

Reduce speed can be done by frost gun / ice bolt ..

in PVP SNS damage pool got nerf an now Neckro damage getting buff ....

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Lol, still trying for that, eh... :D

Something like that would simply be far too OP. Currently, the shield gives just enough edge to prevent most one hits (at least in my gear). If I switch to another pet like SnS, red zones that previously were not a threat would one hit me with SnS.

Lol u got me wrong again. It's just an example. No need get excited that much mate. It's just a suggestion of having a reduction benefit as better shielding. Nobody wants a 2 hit broken shield from elite mobs/boss. Do you?

And yea we can add good reduction for pve only. Why can't a pet be like a damage reduction elixir itself?

Zeus
01-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Lol u got me wrong again. It's just an example. No need get excited that much mate. It's just a suggestion of having a reduction benefit as better shielding. Nobody wants a 2 hit broken shield from elite mobs/boss. Do you?

The shield in the current form already has a damage reduction calculation in play. Actually, it's the exact same one that the mage shield uses. However, the potential max damage taken is drastically reduced. I believe it's around 1.6k-1.7k reduced damage at L41? So, the way the Nekro shield works is that a hit will hit you, the 20% damage reduction goes into play. If reducing the damage 20% takes the damage so low that armor will cancel out the damage, you get hit for 0. Otherwise, the hit (now 20% reduced will hit you). This applies until the shield's potential max damage taken is met at which point the shield breaks.

What you're asking is for this function but for a guaranteed 7-8 seconds of it thereby removing the potential max damage taken variable in the above formula. Along with the slowing down opposing enemies, speeding up allies, and terrifying enemies, this would make the pet way too overpowered. It would basically be a secondary sorcerer shield with a guaranteed 7-8 second duration (even sorcerer shield has a potential max damage taken formula).

The sorcerer max damage taken formula is: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5)

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 08:55 PM
The shield in the current form already has a damage reduction calculation in play. Actually, it's the exact same one that the mage shield uses. However, the potential max damage taken is drastically reduced. I believe it's around 1.6k-1.7k reduced damage at L41? So, the way the Nekro shield works is that a hit will hit you, the 20% damage reduction goes into play. If reducing the damage 20% takes the damage so low that armor will cancel out the damage, you get hit for 0. Otherwise, the hit (now 20% reduced will hit you). This applies until the shield's max damage is met at which point the shield breaks.

What you're asking is for this function but for a guaranteed 7-8 seconds of it thereby removing the potential max damage taken variable in the above formula. Along with the slowing down opposing enemies, speeding up allies, and terrifying enemies, this would make the pet way too overpowered. It would basically be a secondary sorcerer shield with a guaranteed 7-8 second duration (even sorcerer shield has a potential max damage taken formula).

The sorcerer max damage taken formula is: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5)

What I'm trying to say is from pve perspective not from pvp. I don't think there will be any problem if 20 perc damage reduction exists for pve only.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
What I'm trying to say is from pve perspective not from pvp. I don't think there will be any problem if 20 perc damage reduction exists for pve only.

7-8 seconds guaranteed damage reduction -> larger pulls -> easier pure records (or even enhanced w/ ankh respawn for AA)

You'd make the pet a requirement for any remotely difficult maps. I'd love this as a Nekro user but I am sure the rest of the game who cannot afford Nekro would not.

UndeadJudge
01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Good question, in this case based on the way we currently handle such things the negative aspect would trump the positive and both parties would be reduced in speed.

Is it possible for this system to be fixed? At the current state, it renders almost all buff pets like Glacian, and now Nekro, a lot less useful. Not to mention, armor passive is almost useless in PvP because everyone is getting hit by Debuffs like rogue aim and warrior axe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 09:11 PM
7-8 seconds guaranteed damage reduction -> larger pulls -> easier pure records (or even enhanced w/ ankh respawn for AA)

You'd make the pet a requirement for any remotely difficult maps. I'd love this as a Nekro user but I am sure the rest of the game who cannot afford Nekro would not.

Those who can't can simply use reduction elixir. Elixir n potions solves most issues for pve anyways. If nekro gets pve damage reduction it will help owner farmers save few gold for elixirs.

leonardtbbt
01-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Im agree about put the stun passive on it and new stat of 15%dmg 10%crit 30primary stats 12all stats......its a good idea.......now i have a question....... wth about to keep close nekro from his own user........sometimes nekro get stuck on the map all loose all the action (guildwar specially) sometimes i get so far away from my nekro and i cant get the shield of dragon scale it would be good idea to put his AA LITTLE more AOE distance or maybe put him little more closing on user u guys decide witchs its better choice. im all ears

Zeus
01-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Those who can't can simply use reduction elixir. Elixir n potions solves most issues for pve anyways. If nekro gets pve damage reduction it will help owner farmers save few gold for elixirs.

Elixirs are not allowed in pure runs.

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Elixirs are not allowed in pure runs.

True, but I mean when it comes to elite farming.

Zeus
01-21-2015, 09:27 PM
True, but I mean when it comes to elite farming.

They'd have a devise a system to allow it strictly for elite farming then?

leonardtbbt
01-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Btw everything its gotten change....stats passives....colddown.... but stilll gonna have the weak 40% chance to terrify?
A little 10% more on terrify % would by nice.... like 50% chance to terrify i mean gonna by 50/50 with the terrify effect. :)

davidvilla
01-21-2015, 10:53 PM
They'd have a devise a system to allow it strictly for elite farming then?

Those who r pro elite farmers knows this well. Take an example of maarkus. He will definetly agree to the point of having a damage reduction on a pet just for pve purpose. We all know that elite maps r quite tough now and not like the ones of old seasons. We can take an example of another pet as brothers whim. I don't think we need speed elixir if whim is used for runs or farms.
Benefit: pet owners don't need to bother about buying elixir.

Akatsuuki
01-22-2015, 12:56 AM
Wooohoo?!!! Hope this would be all worth it my effort crafting this egg selling nekro 2 days before finished from being crafted hahaha !! :)

Madnex
01-22-2015, 01:30 AM
The buffing is getting out of hand.

Nekro was never an offensive-focused pet so increasing damage to 15% or critical to 12% is over the top. It is completely irrelevant how much people paid for it due to the broken Vial drop rate when the pet first came out. The problem lies in:
A)Nekro trying to do everything and failing at it. You can't have damage, crit, banish, panic and shielding and expect it to excel in all.
B)The shield's damage reduction concept not being very impressive in a game dominated by damage and back-to-back stun combos.

Suggestion:
Keep the stats the same but add a 65% chance of a one second invulnerability shield on AA.

Xpolosion
01-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Lmao all i can do in forums nowadays is laugh

Ravager
01-22-2015, 03:12 AM
Wooohoo?!!! Hope this would be all worth it my effort crafting this egg selling nekro 2 days before finished from being crafted hahaha !! :)

Hard to say since fossil drop rate increase is scheduled for today in the arena chests.

lethaljade
01-22-2015, 05:54 AM

Nekro was never an offensive-focused pet so increasing damage to 15% or critical to 12% is over the top. It is completely irrelevant how much people paid for it due to the broken Vial drop rate when the pet first came out. The problem lies in:
A)Nekro trying to do everything and failing at it. You can't have damage, crit, banish, panic and shielding and expect it to excel in all.
B)The shield's damage reduction concept not being very impressive in a game dominated by damage and back-to-back stun combos.

Suggestion:
Keep the stats the same but add a 65% chance of a one second invulnerability shield on AA.

No thanks, this pet is absolute trash, we need a pet available thats available to everyone that has simular stats to sns sp we can compete with that pet, I wouldn't have minded if it was nekro or the new pet but this new pet is a buff pet so giving ot 15 damage and crit whrn it gives crit would be abit pointless, so it has to be nekro to have it, everyone can save ajd work tpwrds buying nekro, if theres no pet with 15 damage and 10 crit or more, people with sns will contiue to have a 40 damage advantage no matter what gear anyone buys which is totally unfair.

Yea this pet was made to be defensive but its not scorch needs some hit power too its arcane not mythic, asphynab <3.

If we can have banish crit and damage then why can sns Have multiple functions? Banish crit damage pools .mana rega hp regan, we need a pet that matches the happiness bonus of sns. Im not cool with having a pet outthere nobody can obtain with a happiness bonus no other pet gives.

Everything carapace has done pve wise is in line with shady and surge 15 damage not sure I read about crit but that would be great. The banish is as low as anything btw, pvp wise I do not kmow what theese changes will be like.

Madnex
01-22-2015, 06:30 AM
No thanks, this pet is absolute trash, we need a pet available thats available to everyone that has simular stats to sns sp we can compete with that pet, I wouldn't have minded if it was nekro or the new pet but this new pet is a buff pet so giving ot 15 damage and crit whrn it gives crit would be abit pointless, so it has to be nekro to have it, everyone can save ajd work tpwrds buying nekro, if theres no pet with 15 damage and 10 crit or more, people with sns will contiue to have a 40 damage advantage no matter what gear anyone buys which is totally unfair.

Yea this pet was made to be defensive but its not scorch needs some hit power too its arcane not mythic, asphynab <3.

If we can have banish crit and damage then why can sns Have multiple functions? Banish crit damage pools .mana rega hp regan, we need a pet that matches the happiness bonus of sns. Im not cool with having a pet outthere nobody can obtain with a happiness bonus no other pet gives.

Everything carapace has done pve wise is in line with shady and surge 15 damage not sure I read about crit but that would be great. The banish is as low as anything btw, pvp wise I do not kmow what theese changes will be like.
Hmm I see where you're coming from. Guess 15% damage wouldn't be that catastophic but it just seems too great of a buff when you put everything together. I think most of the complaints are based on SnS' pools not designed with possible stacking in mind. Perhaps the only way to bridge the gap is with such a great buff.

Ravager
01-22-2015, 01:22 PM
I like the idea of creating a counter pet to Sns or a semi-counter. There may be a problem because in many of the fights/clashes I get into, alongside an Sns user is a Samael user. Samael has a chance to reduce speed by 30%. The 30% speed increase of Nekro's AA will most likely be non-existent and the Samael speed decrease will win making the user 70% speed regardless of AA or not (depending on what the speed reduction chance of Samael is). If we were able to somehow adjust the debuff system and/or make the 30% speedup of Nekro override this, I'd love to see the Sns pools / environmental resistance/immunity applied to Maridos instead. That way there would be more than just way to "counter" Sns given that the AA on Maridos does not seem to pleasing right now based on the information I pointed out in the Sneak Peak thread.

kixkaxx
01-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Since the new arcane pet only gives 12% dmg, it's time to buff nekro' dmg bonus to 15% in pair with Sns. Nonetheless fossil has significantly lower drop rate than arcane pets

will0
01-22-2015, 07:41 PM
buff all arcane pets then ... why so exclusive?

Ravager
01-22-2015, 10:35 PM
buff all arcane pets then ... why so exclusive?

Because there needs to be a reason for people to aim for "latest and greatest"

Serancha
01-23-2015, 03:13 AM

Suggestion:

If it is not an offensive-based pet, why not give it the regen that sam provides?

This thread is all S&S obsessive, but realistically we need to look at the overall game population, which (shockingly) is not just the 0.5% of the players who have that pet. Samael is the standard when it comes to arcane pets, and the reason he is so coveted is largely due to that regen ability. So if Necro had slightly better happiness than Sam and added the same regen ability, we would have a comparable pet.

To be honest, (addressing Carapace's initial post) the +8 mana regen as proposed is pretty useless for anyone above level 20. Giving Necro a higher happiness bonus along with useful regen like Sam's, would also help balance the penalty of ridiculously slow passive attack speed that these dragon whelps come with, thereby making it worth actually farming for - if the drop rate of fossils is indeed properly in place now.

SacredKnight
01-23-2015, 03:19 AM
Because there needs to be a reason for people to aim for "latest and greatest"

Is there a reason for people to aim their attention at STS "Latest and Greatest" failure, Scorch? Because on this path I don't see a buff nor by 250 plat coming around the mountain any time soon D;

Minic Calma
01-23-2015, 04:11 AM
awesome

Ravager
01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Is there a reason for people to aim their attention at STS "Latest and Greatest" failure, Scorch? Because on this path I don't see a buff nor by 250 plat coming around the mountain any time soon D;

Haha I agree but I just wasn't going to repeat what you've said multiple times already.

Veluthe
01-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Erm this seem like best place to ask. Where can nekro parchments be farmed? And you need dragon bar and fossil also right? Also fossil obtained from arena and elite dragon gold chests right? Im interested trying farm for nekro is why I ask. I dunno what hes like but his stats and appearance look nice to me.

Ravager
01-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Erm this seem like best place to ask. Where can nekro parchments be farmed? And you need dragon bar and fossil also right? Also fossil obtained from arena and elite dragon gold chests right? Im interested trying farm for nekro is why I ask. I dunno what hes like but his stats and appearance look nice to me.

Make a forum post in the general section and I'll see if I can answer that for you or someone in the forums will.

I hope the lower cd time will help with the low banish and terror/panic rate of the pet.

Cranky
01-24-2015, 04:49 AM
That extra 15% damage on the stats
Does that only work for warrior and mages inside pvp?
Because I know rogues when they use damage pets it doesn't stack or work

kixkaxx
01-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Nekro's normal attack deals a ridiculous low dmg(170 on lvl41 while Samael is 240). Is this intended or bugged? It is even lower than malison; not to mention pet like singe hit as hard as a warrior

Ravager
01-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Nekro's normal attack deals a ridiculous low dmg(170 on lvl41 while Samael is 240). Is this intended or bugged? It is even lower than malison; not to mention pet like singe hit as hard as a warrior

Most pets that hit "multiple" have their dmg divided across. Even if it only hits one, it'll be as if it hits "multiple" and is divided. There are a few pets that hit multiple yet don't follow this rule such as Malison.

Serancha
01-24-2015, 05:17 PM

What map are you testing this on? Just curious.

I am in the process of making a guide to pet attack speeds and actual damage. If you want to compare, here are the numbers from testing on the first 2 mobs of elite reef.

Test in Elite Reef

Sam 41

hits every 1.2 seconds
236 - 247 per hit + 78 toxin
35 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Singe 41

hits every 2.2 seconds
240-287 with 47-50 fire damage
52 seconds to kill
Fireball that ignites multiple targets

Whim 41

hits every 2.4 seconds
251-288 + occasional 149 bleed x 8 dots
0:44 - 1:00 to kill depending on bleeds
Damages up to 5 targets

And mythic pets, just for the curious

Abaddon 41

hits every 1.2 seconds - seems fast though
195-235 per hit
45 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Grimm 41

hits every 1.2 seconds
199-235 per hit
55 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Scorch 41

hits every 2.8 seconds
177 - 211 per hit
1:45-1:50 to kill
Damages multiple targets

kixkaxx
01-24-2015, 07:14 PM
What map are you testing this on? Just curious.

I am in the process of making a guide to pet attack speeds and actual damage. If you want to compare, here are the numbers from testing on the first 2 mobs of elite reef.

Test in Elite Reef

Sam 41

hits every 1.2 seconds
236 - 247 per hit + 78 toxin
35 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Singe 41

hits every 2.2 seconds
240-287 with 47-50 fire damage
52 seconds to kill
Fireball that ignites multiple targets

Whim 41

hits every 2.4 seconds
251-288 + occasional 149 bleed x 8 dots
0:44 - 1:00 to kill depending on bleeds
Damages up to 5 targets

And mythic pets, just for the curious

Abaddon 41

hits every 1.2 seconds - seems fast though
195-235 per hit
45 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Grimm 41

hits every 1.2 seconds
199-235 per hit
55 seconds to kill
Damages multiple targets

Scorch 41

hits every 2.8 seconds
177 - 211 per hit
1:45-1:50 to kill
Damages multiple targets

Considering Samael in my test also hit 240/attack, we should have tested in same standard.

kixkaxx
01-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Most pets that hit "multiple" have their dmg divided across. Even if it only hits one, it'll be as if it hits "multiple" and is divided. There are a few pets that hit multiple yet don't follow this rule such as Malison.

Singe strike 270 per hit with the same fireball. I think Nekro is using Scorch's model that is currently bugged.

Cranky
01-24-2015, 11:43 PM
Add some hp to the pet atleast
The new pets that's been coming out are all having some sort of hp buff

Haligali
01-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Add some hp to the pet atleast
The new pets that's been coming out are all having some sort of hp buff

Agree

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Haligali
01-26-2015, 02:40 AM
Or, if it's a real defense pet, then give us a real immunity not just for SnS pools, but also for stuns/freeze/panic while shielded.

lethaljade
01-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Excited for buff, hope its worthwhile and we receive that 15 percent damage n 12 percent crit! And anything else on top of that is a bonus!

Cranky
01-27-2015, 01:27 AM
Excited for buff, hope its worthwhile and we receive that 15 percent damage n 12 percent crit! And anything else on top of that is a bonus!

Hey jade does that 15% Damage bonus work on rogues?
Cos I thought rogues with Damage pet doesn't work :/

Ravager
01-27-2015, 02:19 AM
Hey jade does that 15% Damage bonus work on rogues?
Cos I thought rogues with Damage pet doesn't work :/
It doesn't work in pvp for rogues.

Cranky
01-27-2015, 06:20 AM
Thanks for confirming
Well that pretty much sucks for rogue Nekro users lol

Carapace
01-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Hey everyone!

So here's what the final round of adjustments looks based on feedback, and other considerations. Note some of the previously mentioned things have changed a little bit.

- Nekro's Happiness Bonus will now reflect as: +15% Damage, +10% Crit, +30 Primary Stat, +10 DEX, INT, STR, 8 Mana Regen.

- Nekro's base damage has come up in all aspects about 10% or so, including a change to his passive attack speed from 2.0s to 1.8s which also increases damage output

- Nekro's Passive attack skills had incorrect damage calculations for higher tier passive attacks that are now fixed, so higher tiers of the passive will see a larger than 10% gain as a result

- Nekro's Passive attacks now have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun, this is subject to normal PvP immunities. Each tier broken out by level 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.

- Nekro's Activated Ability has had its cooldown reduced from 40 to 28. It came up a bit more from 26 to compensate for the immunities now present while the shield and speed buffs are active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now has a 50% chance to terrify, up from 40%

- Nekro's Activated Ability now provides immunity to Freeze and stun effects for the duration of the shield.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now also grants a 30% Movement speed buff, when applied this will remove any currently applied speed reducing effects and provide immunity to speed impairing effects for the duration of the buff, ~5 seconds. This is independent of the shield immunities which go away when the shield goes away. It should be noted that if you are already stunned, the shield aspect will NOT wipe active stuns and freezes away, you must have the shield up beforehand to prevent the freeze/stun effects

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

lvl 41: (((259+703)*1.1)+(2.5*41)) = 1160.7
lvl 25: (((177+383)*1.1)+(2.5*25)) = 678.5
lvl 8: (((56+90)*1.1)+(2.5*41)) = 180.6

Final thoughts? As it stands this is how it will be going out soon.

Thanks for the feedback and thread on this guys, it has been very productive!

- Carapace

siddhant
01-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone!

So here's what the final round of adjustments looks based on feedback, and other considerations. Note some of the previously mentioned things have changed a little bit.

- Nekro's Happiness Bonus will now reflect as: +15% Damage, +10% Crit, +30 Primary Stat, +10 DEX, INT, STR, 8 Mana Regen.

- Nekro's base damage has come up in all aspects about 10% or so, including a change to his passive attack speed from 2.0s to 1.8s which also increases damage output

- Nekro's Passive attack skills had incorrect damage calculations for higher tier passive attacks that are now fixed, so higher tiers of the passive will see a larger than 10% gain as a result

- Nekro's Passive attacks now have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun, this is subject to normal PvP immunities. Each tier broken out by level 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.

- Nekro's Activated Ability has had its cooldown reduced from 40 to 28. It came up a bit more from 26 to compensate for the immunities now present while the shield and speed buffs are active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now provides immunity to Freeze and stun effects for the duration of the shield.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now also grants a 30% Movement speed buff, when applied this will remove any currently applied speed reducing effects and provide immunity to speed impairing effects for the duration of the buff, ~5 seconds. This is independent of the shield immunities which go away when the shield goes away. It should be noted that if you are already stunned, the shield aspect will NOT wipe active stuns and freezes away, you must have the shield up beforehand to prevent the freeze/stun effects

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.5)+(3.25*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

Final thoughts? As it stands this is more or less how it will be going out soon.

- Carapace
i feel the buff now actually suit the stats of a season6 arcane pet ty.

lethaljade
01-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone!

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.5)+(3.25*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

Final thoughts? As it stands this is more or less how it will be going out soon.

- Carapace
Im actually very pleased with this, can't wait to see it.

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 01:01 PM
So does this mean that Dragon Scales shields more damage than Undead Scales @ level 41?

Kriticality
01-27-2015, 02:06 PM
gg razor shield. Looks awesome!!

Carapace
01-27-2015, 02:22 PM
So does this mean that Dragon Scales shields more damage than Undead Scales @ level 41?

No, Dragon Scales shields less than Undead Scales will after the update, as Undead Scales has been split out away from Dragon Scales.

Zeus
01-27-2015, 02:29 PM
That's a very awesome buff, thank you Carapace!

Sorcerie
01-27-2015, 02:35 PM
No, Dragon Scales shields less than Undead Scales will after the update, as Undead Scales has been split out away from Dragon Scales.Mkay, will you be taking a second look at Scorch's AA CD, then? For good measure?

Lord knows we've harassed the team enough about it, lol.

Zeus
01-27-2015, 02:40 PM
I got one question, what is the variable: pet health? Is that the total HP bonus that Nekro gives?

Cranky
01-27-2015, 03:44 PM
It's an okay buff
Nothing too big
It just needs hp
If it's going to be defensive pet lol

Carapace
01-27-2015, 04:51 PM
I got one question, what is the variable: pet health? Is that the total HP bonus that Nekro gives?

Interestingly the attributes involved for all pets have a health value tied to their level. It has no tangible effect on game play as pets cannot be attacked, however this attribute is being used for the calculation as it scales appropriately and is appropriate. I believe at one point in the initial design we toyed with such ideas, the values still exist. Fun fact!

kinzmet
01-27-2015, 09:51 PM
First of all

(((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level))

My suggestion is to make the level multiplier to 3, so it can tank more damage on elite.
(((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(3.0*level))

Haligali
01-28-2015, 05:11 AM

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

This makes sense, so the aa isnt waste if you got slowed before, or you got stunned right after. But not better than a razor shield, razor shield/juggernaut protects you from stuns the whole time it lasts, this Undead scale protective shield will disappear after an aimed shot/lightning strike.

What was the previous shield formula? I couldnt find the exact formula, there was just a rumour that scorch absorbs 1550 on lvl36 confirmed on chatbox but may wrong. Taken from here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?139333-Scorch-The-Mythic-Welp!-Stats-Review&p=1487220&viewfull=1#post1487220

Castellann
01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, lol.

lmfao

Zeus
01-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, LOL.

There's much more than 12 people with the pet - you just rarely see it out and about because it's not the best choice pet to have.

People in Karma alone with the pet: Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres. That's just Karma and I'm sure there are more Karma w/ the pet that I've forgotten. I think we've forgotten that arcane pets used to be rare - not everyone used to have one. Remember L31 cap?

Sorcerie
01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
There's much more than 12 people with the pet - you just rarely see it out and about because it's not the best choice pet to have.

People in Karma alone with the pet: Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres. That's just Karma and I'm sure there are more Karma w/ the pet that I've forgotten. I think we've forgotten that arcane pets used to be rare - not everyone used to have one. Remember L31 cap?Orly?

Cause before the recent drop rate buff you reported only one coming out of an arena chest, so the rest came out of locked crates, and it's not like the fossil was dropping left and right like Maridos is currently - not to mention both the drop rate and economic issues surrounding the vials which further restricted the amount of Nekro eggs being crafted.

So I'd be surprised to know that more than 12 of them even existed in-game.

We all know there is a major difference between rare and reserved for the ballers only club, which is what this pet was before last week's drop rate buff.

Zeus
01-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Orly?

Cause before the recent drop rate buff you reported only one coming out of an arena chest, so the rest came out of locked crates, and it's not like the fossil was dropping left and right like Maridos is currently - not to mention both the drop rate and economic issues surrounding the vials which further restricted the amount of Nekro eggs being crafted.

So I'd be surprised to know that more than 12 of them even existed in-game.

We all know there is a major difference between rare and reserved for the ballers only club, which is what this pet was before last week's drop rate buff.

Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres, Cranky, Gothical, Cranky, Avshow, Ardbeg, Maarkus, Smexyoka, L15 twink rogue (again, drawing a blank), Anduan, Asamaasada, Tongasmash, Lethaljade, Twoxc, Ravagerx (confirmation?), Davidvilla, me.

Again, this is just all I can remember atm. There's 22 accounted for (nearly twice of your current estimations) and I'm sure there's more out. You just do not see them being used because there are far better pets to use.

Higuani
01-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Bubblesx lvl18 rogue when she opened her nekro (already some months old) she was 100% sure this pet would get a buff. And look now it gets a buff LOL!!

Thats a total of 20 players (zeus list) already with a Nekro and i am sure there are a lot more.

Serancha
01-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres, Cranky, Gothical, Cranky, Avshow, Ardbeg, Maarkus, Smexyoka, L15 twink rogue (again, drawing a blank), Anduan, Asamaasada, Tongasmash, Lethaljade, Twoxc, Ravagerx (confirmation?), Davidvilla, me.

Again, this is just all I can remember atm. There's 22 accounted for (nearly twice of your current estimations) and I'm sure there's more out. You just do not see them being used because there are far better pets to use.

Ravvy doesn't have a Necro yet. He's slacking on his collection.....

Ravager
01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

Yes, I have.

Zeus
01-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Ravvy doesn't have a Necro yet. He's slacking on his collection.....

Haha, I wasn't sure!

Edit: Rav has. ._.

Kingofninjas
01-28-2015, 02:35 PM
The stun immunity was a nice touch. Sadly, since it only absorbs 1.2k DMG it will break as soon as lightning's, aimed or even a Axe from one of the stronger tanks hits.

I also had one question as I'm not sure how mechanics for this aspect of the game works. If I have the necro shield up and I get hot hot a charged fireball or any other attack which stuns or has a chance to, and this attack breaks my shield, will I have immunity from being stunned by that attack or can it still stun me?

Carapace
01-28-2015, 02:45 PM
The stun immunity was a nice touch. Sadly, since it only absorbs 1.2k DMG it will break as soon as lightning's, aimed or even a Axe from one of the stronger tanks hits.

I also had one question as I'm not sure how mechanics for this aspect of the game works. If I have the necro shield up and I get hot hot a charged fireball or any other attack which stuns or has a chance to, and this attack breaks my shield, will I have immunity from being stunned by that attack or can it still stun me?

The Speed increase doe not though, so in the instance where a player has their shield immediately cripple they have time to bail at quite a clip! Everything is a balance, and while it may not seem like a lot, it's about 2x what it was absorbing before.

The previous formula was ((2.5*damage)+50)

Sorcerie
01-28-2015, 02:57 PM

Again, this is just all I can remember atm. There's 22 accounted for (nearly twice of your current estimations) and I'm sure there's more out. You just do not see them being used because there are far better pets to use.Well slap me on the *** and call me surprised, lol.

Still though, this pet isn't nearly as attainable as pets past, here's to hoping we see more than 22 or so, lord knows the arena isn't dropping any.

Yoasaan
01-28-2015, 04:22 PM
So When is the Buff coming???? I currently have one being crafted

Haligali
01-28-2015, 04:25 PM
So When is the Buff coming???? I currently have one being crafted

Same here haha. Its coming this week I think, prob tomorrow.

twoxc
01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Need to go edit my thread on nekro buff and put some HIP HIP HOORAY!! and some confetti. lol

Kingofninjas
01-28-2015, 05:24 PM
The Speed increase doe not though, so in the instance where a player has their shield immediately cripple they have time to bail at quite a clip! Everything is a balance, and while it may not seem like a lot, it's about 2x what it was absorbing before.

The previous formula was ((2.5*damage)+50)

So I would not get stunned by the fireball that breaks my shield?

will0
01-28-2015, 08:09 PM
What about buffing mage shield?

Stun immunity and mobile immunity should be enforce in mage's shield too... #buff mage#

Kriticality
01-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Zethost has 2 and socmudd has one I believe. I WILL be on this list soon :)

Kriticality
01-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Goblin has one for sale as well as of 2 days ago. Gob and melisaz may have one personally too. That is an assumption. If they don't have, they will :)

Ravager
01-29-2015, 01:02 PM
What is Nekros chance to banish? Mine never seems to banish.

Zeus
01-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Goblin has one for sale as well as of 2 days ago. Gob and melisaz may have one personally too. That is an assumption. If they don't have, they will :)

Goblin has 3.

Zeus
01-29-2015, 01:37 PM
What is Nekros chance to banish? Mine never seems to banish.

Ravager, the chances are in line with grimm's chance to banish. So, about 5%. However, Nekro's banish range is much larger than Samael's so it includes more targets.

Haligali
01-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Thanks, it's awesome.

goldmarket
02-04-2015, 02:00 AM
nice