PDA

View Full Version : "Low" lvl leveling in balefort sewer

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I really think that one lvl 45 and up doesn't do a HUGE difference in a xp run in BanditBoy Hideout because there are enough lvl 50 and up to kill monsters.

Btw my lvl 45 bear Sivolc kill more than the majority of mage lvl 50-51-52-53 so stop leaving the game when you see a lvl 45 and up in the group because its frustrating for us !!! I can't lvl up my bear lvl 45 because no one wanna join the group :-O wtf I fight more than them and i do more damage !!! Where's the problem ?!? just because it's written 45 they leave ??? Wait to see my skills before leaving 'cause I bet I destroy you in PVP anyway !!!

And I don't wanna lvl up with noobs in crush the keeper who doesn't even know what rmk means Arrrrgh xD

Please be more understanding with lvl 45 and up :P

Magicalbanana
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
crush the keeper noobs??? lol

Sigkill
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
well, im pretty sure mages are more useful then a 45 bear, just my opinion.

1.) mages hit more and crit more, then a bear....
2.) mages have more aoe's
3.) mages can heal

Were you stoned when you wrote your post?

FluffNStuff
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I really think that one lvl 45 and up doesn't do a HUGE difference in a xp run in BanditBoy Hideout because there are enough lvl 50 and up to kill monsters.

Btw my lvl 45 bear Sivolc kill more than the majority of mage lvl 50-51-52-53 so stop leaving the game when you see a lvl 45 and up in the group because its frustrating for us !!! I can't lvl up my bear lvl 45 because no one wanna join the group :-O wtf I fight more than them and i do more damage !!! Where's the problem ?!? just because it's written 45 they leave ??? Wait to see my skills before leaving 'cause I bet I destroy you in PVP anyway !!!

And I don't wanna lvl up with noobs in crush the keeper who doesn't even know what rmk means Arrrrgh xD

What is your armor and damage?

Echelong
03-02-2011, 03:01 PM
We have all been there. I've run crush the keeper for a very long time but it is the fastest way to level up. before you hit 51-52. I do suggest you keep running that because it will save you a lot of time and pots. Keeper has about 40-50 more mobs than the highest run on BS that means more exp less xp pots.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't talk about stats dude I talk about how I play (I know that mage's stats are better loll :P) majority of people who are saying that lvl 45 is too low and that they suck, they dont even fight and I was always in the front of the group for tanking so I wrote that just to prove that I deserve my place in xp run ;)

Nah I'm not stone xD loll

Moogerfooger
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Balefort Sewers is recommended for lvl 50 and up. You cannot blame 50+ in a difficult level set to not want to play with a 45 who just does not deal as much damage or have as much survivability as a 50+ bear. I don't mind in my games if I see you are pretty good, but I know a lot of others don't want to find out the hard way if a 45 is good or not.

And as others have said before me, a good mage deals far more damage than any bear. I'll let Royce tackle that one.

And this has nothing to do with PvP. This is a PvE level with different needs.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:05 PM
well, im pretty sure mages are more useful then a 45 bear, just my opinion.

1.) mages hit more and crit more, then a bear....
2.) mages have more aoe's
3.) mages can heal

Were you stoned when you wrote your post?

1.) Zuraz lance hit more than Laser wand --> I have 18 crit and my mage has 20 (Ooooo HUGE difference !!!!!!!!)
2.) Nothing to say about that...
3.) Duh, Even a Lvl 55 bear can't heal so why booting me for that!

Sigkill
03-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Balefort Sewers is recommended for lvl 50 and up. You cannot blame 50+ in a difficult level set to not want to play with a 45 who just does not deal as much damage or have as much survivability as a 50+ bear. I don't mind in my games if I see you are pretty good, but I know a lot of others don't want to find out the hard way if a 45 is good or not.

And as others have said before me, a good mage deals far more damage than any bear. I'll let Royce tackle that one.

And this has nothing to do with PvP. This is a PvE level with different needs.

I mean, I would allow a lvl 45 in a party if he had a main. I despise seeing lvl 45's with LE gear

Moogerfooger
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
1.) Zuraz lance hit more than Laser wand --> I have 18 crit and my mage has 20 (Ooooo HUGE difference !!!!!!!!)
2.) Nothing to say about that...

Seeing as probably 75% of mages damage comes from AoE/skills and not their main weapon, you can't compare the Zuraz to a Laser Wand and say you do more damage. Just don't.

I think if people knew you had a 50+ main, or you let them know, they would probably be less likely to leave.

Magicalbanana
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
1. no ones uses a laser wand anymore- you cant even compare a laser wand to a lance, especially by crit!
3. yes but a lvl55 has more armor,dodge, damage, crit,hp, etc. depending which sewer gear. and more experience there
people want to level with the people that should be leving there. im not saying you shouldnt be there, you just have to understand why people would rathe have higher levels, there more useful.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
i agree with you supersteak... ...for this time xD loll jk

FluffNStuff
03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't talk about stats dude I talk about how I play (I know that mage's stats are better loll :P) majority of people who are saying that lvl 45 is too low and that they suck, they dont even fight and I was always in the front of the group for tanking so I wrote that just to prove that I deserve my place in xp run ;)

Nah I'm not stone xD loll

This has nothing to do with how you play, it is all about stats. I had a bird at 48 and decided yesterday I would level it. I did do CTK till 50 before going into BS, despite having played it enough to level both a Bear and a Mage to 55. The reason I did not go straight to BS is because the armor and damage from the level 45 gear were just not enough to keep me alive against the mobs in BS without causing undue hassle on the members of the team. Heck, I got an extra 30 points in armor when I turned 50.

Echelong
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Why run BS? Keeper runs give a lot more xp than any BS level. People think because its a higher dungeon they give more xp when you get the same xp as keeper. Anyway good luck finding a group and don't attack other players that are trying to explain stuff to you if you ask nicely you get better answers than just exploding in anger.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I told them that I have other players but they just don't give a **** (you know the next word -_-)

Snakespeare
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I never leech. I think it's cheating. People who leech their way to the cap soon quit. You learn nothing by leeching. You only ruin your experience. There is so much content and by leeching all you see is a tiny bit. Please don't leech. It's like taking a highspeed train through wonderland, blink and you miss it. Walking is so much more fulfilling.

superss
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
i agree mages are better than bears. no offense.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
1. no ones uses a laser wand anymore- you cant even compare a laser wand to a lance, especially by crit!
3. yes but a lvl55 has more armor,dodge, damage, crit,hp, etc. depending which sewer gear. and more experience there
people want to level with the people that should be leving there. im not saying you shouldnt be there, you just have to understand why people would rathe have higher levels, there more useful.

Totally agree but I'm not speaking about the fact that a low lvl is better than a lvl 50 and up, Im speaking about the fact that at maximum one lvl 45 and up wouldn't make the xp run longer of 10 minutes

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Why run BS? Keeper runs give a lot more xp than any BS level. People think because its a higher dungeon they give more xp when you get the same xp as keeper. Anyway good luck finding a group and don't attack other players that are trying to explain stuff to you if you ask nicely you get better answers than just exploding in anger.

huhh plz show me when i was angry cuz i cant find it loll ...

Wrap
03-02-2011, 03:22 PM

That's unfortunate =/

But i must say, Crush the Keeper is the way to level up all the way to level 52-53. Its super fast and easy, and very good money. Even if you buy xp pots you break even on the cost. I know it might be a little frustrating sometimes, but if you try leveling 45-53 in Balefort Sewers its going to take a long time =/

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I never leech. I think it's cheating. People who leech their way to the cap soon quit. You learn nothing by leeching. You only ruin your experience. There is so much content and by leeching all you see is a tiny bit. Please don't leech. It's like taking a highspeed train through wonderland, blink and you miss it. Walking is so much more fulfilling.

I don't need to learn anything I have already lvl 50 and up :P

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
i agree mages are better than bears. no offense.

Again I dont talk about "who's the better" I just talk about "That it doesn't change anything or if yes, almost nothing like maybe 30 sec. longer"

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
That's unfortunate =/

But i must say, Crush the Keeper is the way to level up all the way to level 52-53. Its super fast and easy, and very good money. Even if you buy xp pots you break even on the cost. I know it might be a little frustrating sometimes, but if you try leveling 45-53 in Balefort Sewers its going to take a long time =/

Finally a constructive answer :D thx buddy for the informations I'll try CTK xp run to see the difference with BS

Magicalbanana
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
chaotic thread id say....

Ayrilana
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry but you're too low. You should be at least 50 to be doing BS. At 45 you're missing 25 stat points, 5 skill points, and whatever stats the 50 gear gives. Yes, this is a BIG difference despite what you may think. I highly doubt you were outdamaging mages or anyone else. It doesn't matter whether you were doing your best and such. Sorry but it's true (in my opinion). I could come into BS as a level 20, try my very best, and it still wouldn't change the fact that I don't belong there yet.

If you want to level there, create your own map. Just don't be surprised if people don't join right away or at all. The past few months have turned a lot of people against leechers and such who come into games below the minimum level. Also, like mentioned, you can get more XP from Crush the Keeper in a shorter amount of time.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 03:30 PM
xD yeah but i finally got my answer so thx to Wrap

Keohike
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
i let everyone in unless im questing, or trying too lvl and i brought exilar thats when i start booting otherwise i dun care if ur lvl 1 or 56 dont matter to me

Echelong
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
xD yeah but i finally got my answer so thx to Wrap

Go to the first page like the third post and you will see what I told you.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:17 PM
We have all been there. I've run crush the keeper for a very long time but it is the fastest way to level up. before you hit 51-52. I do suggest you keep running that because it will save you a lot of time and pots. Keeper has about 40-50 more mobs than the highest run on BS that means more exp less xp pots.

yup this was the most constructive yet simple explanation. +1 Shem

Snakespeare
03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't need to learn anything I have already lvl 50 and up :P

I don't follow you. Are you saying you have already levelled one character through AO3? And now for your second character you want to leech?

I have about 15 characters now. 3 are level 50 and up. The rest are lower level twinks. Not a one of them ever leeched. If I can't take pride in my own integrity, I just can't take any pride in anything. Please don't leech. You have to understand that you are a burden to the party. You might be OK at 45 as a pure str bear if you tank and you do it well. If so, people will invite you. Otherwise, you are a burden. You are taking up a spot that could have been someone who can help.

I just spent about 15 minutes and nearly 100 health pots beating GF because the party had leeches. The leeches were ineffective, and they died a lot. Because they were there and dead and were unwilling to walk all the way back, three of us with no mage had to do it ourselves. You simply don't realize it but a lowbie is nothing but dead weight.

Besides, isn't it easier just to level in your appropriate maps? You get better XP and items you can use and you are a contributing member of the party. Why would you want it any other way?

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't follow you. Are you saying you have already levelled one character through AO3? And now for your second character you want to leech?

I have about 15 characters now. 3 are level 50 and up. The rest are lower level twinks. Not a one of them ever leeched. If I can't take pride in my own integrity, I just can't take any pride in anything. Please don't leech. You have to understand that you are a burden to the party. You might be OK at 45 as a pure str bear if you tank and you do it well. If so, people will invite you. Otherwise, you are a burden. You are taking up a spot that could have been someone who can help.

I just spent about 15 minutes and nearly 100 health pots beating GF because the party had leeches. The leeches were ineffective, and they died a lot. Because they were there and dead and were unwilling to walk all the way back, three of us with no mage had to do it ourselves. You simply don't realize it but a lowbie is nothing but dead weight.

Besides, isn't it easier just to level in your appropriate maps? You get better XP and items you can use and you are a contributing member of the party. Why would you want it any other way?

*Dumps water on Snake's flamage*....... All better?.... It's ok... *pats back* it's all solved.... no more problems :D

Cmandial
03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Alias, despite the fact the the difference between 45, and 50 is only 5 levels, the difference between AO2 gear and AO3 gear is substantial. On my bear, I gained over 40 armor from my level 45 gear to 50 gear. No matter skillful of a player someone is, if he is level 45 he will be significantly worse than a level 50 (assuming they both have best gear for their levels). Balefort sewers is meant for level 50-55, and while one level 45 does not slow a team down much, it still slows them down.

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Alias, despite the fact the the difference between 45, and 50 is only 5 levels, the difference between AO2 gear and AO3 gear is substantial. On my bear, I gained over 40 armor from my level 45 gear to 50 gear. No matter skillful of a player someone is, if he is level 45 he will be significantly worse than a level 50 (assuming they both have best gear for their levels). Balefort sewers is meant for level 50-55, and while one level 45 does not slow a team down much, it still slows them down.

Think of it when a group is at it for 1-2 hours. Alias you say 30 secs isn't much time, stand still and wait 30 secs.... Seems like an irritating amount of time, right? Well add this much time per run.

Alias_TheMax
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
yup this was the most constructive yet simple explanation. +1 Shem

loll didnt see cuz as magicalbanana said its quit chaotic here xD thx to both of you then :D

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
loll didnt see cuz as magicalbanana said its quit chaotic here xD thx to both of you then :D

If you wanna get on PL right now I'm gonna do some Keeper runs because my wallet is hurting. You're welcome to add Wolfprodigy and join me if you'd like

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Wooh, i'm coming, dawg. Give me 25 minutes, eh?

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Wooh, i'm coming, dawg. Give me 25 minutes, eh?

aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhht

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhht

Awesome, dude.
Please don't AFK, I'm counting on you. ;)

Zerious
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Awesome, dude.
Please don't AFK, I'm counting on you. ;)

i might lag and ping-nuke mobs, but I'll let you know if I gotta step aside for a sec

Snakespeare
03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
HerWolf, ??? I didn't mean it to sound like flaming. I was trying to explain nicely. Well, I did use the word "leech", but there isn't another word for it, is there?

When you run in your own level, the drops are your level. What more can you ask for?

Zerious
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
HerWolf, ??? I didn't mean it to sound like flaming. I was trying to explain nicely. Well, I did use the word "leech", but there isn't another word for it, is there?

When you run in your own level, the drops are your level. What more can you ask for?

the length says it all.... sry Idk I'm used to putting up with DontNerfMeBro... He always has a flaming speech of arrogance to throw out there :rolleyes:

Fyrce
03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I did not think Snake was flaming at all. His post was quite informative. It's true he can powerlevel at an appropriate level map. It earns him as much xp, is cheaper to run, he can actually kill stuff himself instead of leeching, drops are ones he can use, and people there expect him to be there, so he will make friends. Those all sound like positives.

He will also see the PL world, which makes for a more exciting game, rather than just seeing a couple circuits over and over and dying of boredom, and loneliness because the leech thinks the game is full of mean people. It's all positive playing in level-appropriate dungeons, while there are lots of negatives leeching.

Sounded like good advice to me.

djkrazze
03-02-2011, 10:32 PM
well i have no problem helping you level up! most of the people i help level up are 48- and i spend a great deal leveling people up! if u need help just add me *djkrazze*

Genes
03-03-2011, 02:58 AM
I thought it should be pretty obvious? most of the time when you see a low level player in a popular higher level map... A chance for a rare pink drop with the help of the higher level players.

Don't talk about gaining xp there because it's also obvious there are other maps that can give you more experience. I did my all the way to 53 in ctk before proceeding to bs for my 55. Of course I do not despise lower levels because I have let a number of 40s run bs with me but they have to work as hard as the 50s and up to earn the place. Else they get the boot midway...

If getting boot irks you. I would suggest you get some of your higher level friends consensus to help you should you decide to level up in bs from your 40s rather then join a annoynomous host map and getting fired up when they boots you.

Beanmachine
03-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Snake never flames... thats why he got rewarded and became a guardian of alterra bc his good feedback to the devs and players!

Luchta
03-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Totally agree but I'm not speaking about the fact that a low lvl is better than a lvl 50 and up, Im speaking about the fact that at maximum one lvl 45 and up wouldn't make the xp run longer of 10 minutes

Again I dont talk about "who's the better" I just talk about "That it doesn't change anything or if yes, almost nothing like maybe 30 sec. longer"

Just wanted to point out that you can run any dungeon level in BS at no more than 5 minutes.

A lot of people here I'm sure leveled at CTK from 47 to 53 for the same reason. It's so fast and easy to level there that I wish I could earn 0.33 xp per kill there right now with my archer. I am currently running CTK so to speak because right now, I have more XP points than I have gold. Running CKT to get 1M so to speak.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 10:31 AM
45 is too low for the sewers.

Dont ever make a thread to attempt to justify boosting.

You can boost all you want, just ask God for forgiveness.

adwin
03-03-2011, 02:54 PM
To the OP:

XP runs most of the time also mean speed runs.
The party needs to at least reach the boss before your (or anyones) xp pot expires.
I'm sure you can manage the sewers just fine, just not in an xp run.

Apart from that, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. There is a HUGE gap between a lv45 and 50+
There are a few reasons for that, including 50+ strategies which you develop after equiping elite 50+ sets, and the stats (along with their bonuses as well) themselves, which are in a class of their own.
So yes, I'm not surprised with 50's booting u.

I don't mind a 45+ in my party, as long as we're not doing speed runs and he knows what he's doing.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 03:47 PM
This is truth.
,,!,, To all the haters.

Zerious
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Snake never flames... thats why he got rewarded and became a guardian of alterra bc his good feedback to the devs and players!

time to start stalking Snake before I become more like TT... >.>

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 04:01 PM
time to start stalking Snake before I become more like TT... >.>

Pfft, being TT is fun, TT gets to trololol all day long, he also gets to kill level 20s with a 19, then get cussed out for being a bear ^.^
TT also gets to laugh at all the variatons of his name, taken by fanboys.

TT for life

Zerious
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Pfft, being TT is fun, TT gets to trololol all day long, he also gets to kill level 20s with a 19, then get cussed out for being a bear ^.^
TT also gets to laugh at all the variatons of his name, taken by fanboys.

TT for life

Yeah killing 20s with a 19 after attempting to rush them like 5 times then leaving once you get the kill. Oh and I forgot you started crying because I brought a level 25 out for someone OTHER than you... :/ I'll have trouble sleeping at night now... NOT!

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah killing 20s with a 19 after attempting to rush them like 5 times then leaving once you get the kill. Oh and I forgot you started crying because I brought a level 25 out for someone OTHER than you... :/ I'll have trouble sleeping at night now... NOT!

Yeah, definately, 25s make everyone Yell at you.

One time, i made a 25, as soon as i put my block shield on, all my gear got unworn, i was like, RESPEC.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
If i played by my own rules, id be following rules, therefore losing the game... Which is why i dont follow my rules.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
TRIPPLE POSSSsST!

Yeaaaaah!

Moogerfooger
03-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Awesome. More smacktalking/thread-hijacking. Love it.

Zerious
03-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah, definately, 25s make everyone Yell at you.

One time, i made a 25, as soon as i put my block shield on, all my gear got unworn, i was like, RESPEC.

How noob of you considering the wing shield is the same but with more armor :D