PDA

View Full Version : PL PvP Lv 20 Twinking Strategy Guide

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:30 PM
For Noobmigo's third thread in as many days, Noobmigo will teach you the basic strategies for fighting the classes, and strategies to employ as an Enchantress, Warrior, and Archer.

Bear Strategies
Bear Vs. Bear
When going Bear V. Bear, the idea is to get off HellScream as FAST as possible.
4 out of 5 times, the match result is a result of who gets the scream off first
If the opposing bear has just OP equips (*cough* Mynasgen *cough*, getting off Scream first will STILL result in a good loss, not some "full" crap. I use crushing blow first though because of the measly range it gives. Doing so forces me to wait, so I can't truck, which is my bad habit. (Don't EVER put Crushing Blow first though)
Bear Vs. Archer
When going Bear Vs. Archer, the idea is to kill the archer as fast as possible.
Most likely, you will not last more than 2 comboes. The idea is to totally weaken the archer with Scream, so you can close in b4 the 2nd combo hits. If you do not kill the archer by the 2nd combo, most likely, you will die.
Bear Vs. Enchantress
When going Bear Vs. Ench, you need to kill the mage before the Mana Shield sets in. If the mage knows what he is doing, 2-3 of his nukes will probably destroy you. If mage Mana Shield's at the beginning, he will lose either way. Most enchantresses Mana Shield after a big crit, so be ready for it.

Enchantresses Strategies
Ench Vs. All
When going Ench Vs. ____, you need to heal immediately after you see the debuff. For bear, it is the Red Rings going around his head. Heal after that.
For Archer, it is the Red Rings going around his head. Heal after that.
For Ench, it is the purple stuff around you. Heal after that.
Doing so will result in a huge life saver. Why heal, you ask? Because heal will remove ALL of the debuffs. After a big hit, or you think you are about to die (usually half) you should cast Mana Shield. This will extend your life enough that maybe you could get that final killing nuke in.

Archers Strategies
Arch Vs. Bear
The idea is to last long enough so you can get two comboes in. You should have good dodge. When the bear first charges, you should have repulse ready to go. When he comes, repulse, so he might not hit you with a debuff or a stomp. Then you close in with your first combo. Then you run a bit, keep your distance, until repulse is ready again. Rinse and repeat.
Arch Vs. Arch
Repulse out of their combo, then use yours, kite them while they combo, and then use yours.
Arch Vs. Ench
This is easily the most easy matchup in-game. It is just like Bear Vs. Ench, but it will be much easier because of your ability to remove Mana Shield with Blast Shot, and with your superior offensive abilities.

Thanks for reading.
Noobmigo

Conradin
03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
for archer vs archer, i like to use repulse to blast them out of range, then run and kite their combo, then close back in and unleash minwe while they have cool downs. im not thst good at archer tho.

Zeus
03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey! I do not have OP equipment!

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
for archer vs archer, i like to use repulse to blast them out of range, then run and kite their combo, then close back in and unleash minwe while they have cool downs. im not thst good at archer tho.

I added it anyway.

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey! I do not have OP equipment!

Whatever you say. ;)

Zeus
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Whatever you say. ;)

Ok, name one OP thing about me now that I went riot bear (with a twist).

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Ok, name one OP thing about me now that I went riot bear (with a twist).

You went riot?
(with a twist)
Oh owned, twists are OP!
What's the twist?

Zeus
03-02-2011, 07:39 PM
You went riot?
(with a twist)
Oh owned, twists are OP!
What's the twist?

The 13 dodge unbuffed twist while having 47 armor while still having a good hit percent (92)

Conradin
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
nice- i only have 11 dodge unbuffed- maybe i should use the riot shield.

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
The 13 dodge unbuffed twist while having 47 armor while still having a good hit percent (92)

I have 10 :)
47 armor...see? OP
hit Percent..also OP.

In comparison
Dodge: 10
Armor: 40 or 43
Hit %: 86

Absolutely OP. ;)

Zeus
03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I have 10 :)
47 armor...see? OP
hit Percent..also OP.

In comparison
Dodge: 10
Armor: 40 or 43
Hit %: 86

Absolutely OP. ;)

Fine fine, You win. Now... Should I incorporate my rose wand into that build? I'd lose 2 hit percent tho ;(.

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Youll so get a community shield, you beret lining stash tripper.

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Fine fine, You win. Now... Should I incorporate my rose wand into that build? I'd lose 2 hit percent tho ;(.

That there= Absolutely OP.
ABSOLUTELY OP

ABSOLUTELY OP!!

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Youll so get a community shield, you beret lining stash tripper.

Whut? Is A stash tripper.

Oh yes, OFC this is for a Shield, that's why I'm playing PL!
So I can go around with a Community Shield!! Awesome, No?

EDIT: Ah yes, also, do you got anything for archer V archer?

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Whut? Is A stash tripper.

Oh yes, OFC this is for a Shield, that's why I'm playing PL!
So I can go around with a Community Shield!! Awesome, No?

EDIT: Ah yes, also, do you got anything for archer V archer?
Its auctally why your making guides, but, you know.

And you are a Elf waxing Portal enterer.

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
So does that mean everytime I make I guide, I am aiming for a Community Shield?
Go tell that to Phys. Or Royce. Then come back and hit me with the Community Shield Troll.
And you are a addictive troll.

Zeus
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
So does that mean everytime I make I guide, I am aiming for a Community Shield?
Go tell that to Phys. Or Royce. Then come back and hit me with the Community Shield Troll.
And you are a addictive troll.

This is why although the Guardians of Alterra thing is great. It gets some haters due to people making guides, and then people thinking they are doing it for the shield. I was accused of that too but then I showed them the video guides I had made BEFORE I knew about the event, which I plan on releasing another set soon. They then did not have a response. :p

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Unfortunately, I do not have Vids to save me. :(

Zeus
03-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, I do not have Vids to save me. :(

But, you have me :).

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
But, you have me :).

Good point. :)

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Naw, you hosted the tourney, and made guides, right after the shields started...

But, you know.

noobmigo
03-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Naw, you hosted the tourney, and made guides, right after the shields started...

But, you know.

Lol, yeah, a tourney will get me a community shield, eh?
And seriously bruh, chill. I make a guide, you go "Shield, shield, shield, shield."
But, it's OK. I love you too.

Dabooa
03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
lmbaooo noob is so funny

TwinkTastical
03-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Lol, yeah, a tourney will get me a community shield, eh?
And seriously bruh, chill. I make a guide, you go "Shield, shield, shield, shield."
But, it's OK. I love you too.

Ok, make a guide and ask for a shield, even though thats exactly what your doing.

Survivorfan
03-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Doing so will result in a huge life saver. Why heal, you ask? Because heal will remove ALL of the debuffs. After a big hit, or you think you are about to die (usually half) you should cast Mana Shield. This will extend your life enough that maybe you could get that final killing nuke in... I could honestly say I did not know that

Barbamitsos
03-03-2011, 10:26 AM
lmbaooo noob is so funny

Hes corect here... Noobmigo is corect. Why does the thread need to be made for a ... Shield?

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Hes corect here... Noobmigo is corect. Why does the thread need to be made for a ... Shield?

im just stating thats why hes making guides.

No one made guides till shields came out.

He just wants to get a community shield for his dex/str bear.

Its true, even though you disagree.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Your subconciously aiming for a shield... you started guides AFTER they came out.

Its for realz. Dont deny the truth

Riccits
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
i need this guide: how to get a PL shield

can anyone make that?

:D

Zeus
03-03-2011, 11:00 AM

No one made guides till shields.

Hey Hey now, that isn't completely true. Pharcyde and Ellyidol made guides BEFORE the community shield as did I and physiologic. There are probably many other people I forgot about.

BeardedBear
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM

Nice. My lvl 5 armor is not the only reason you have more armor. I prefer it though, more points for dex, as I dodge most hit anyway :)

joeychandler
03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Bear Strategies
Bear Vs. Bear
When going Bear V. Bear, the idea is to get off HellScream as FAST as possible.
4 out of 5 times, the match result is a result of who gets the scream off first
If the opposing bear has just OP equips (*cough* Mynasgen *cough*

Um, isnt the main idea of a twink to use the best possible gear for a lower than max level?

Thats kinda like being a fully green geared twink and saying pinks are OP when you can't afford em :/

I mean give him some credit, hes tested his skills/stats/gear and found what works, nothin really unfair about it :)

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey Hey now, that isn't completely true. Pharcyde and Ellyidol made guides BEFORE the community shield as did I and physiologic. There are probably many other people I forgot about.

Yeah, which is why they got shields.

Barbamitsos
03-03-2011, 03:08 PM

TT not to be harse but rnt u overdoin it? If he wants a shield its OK. If he did this thread for a shield STILL ok! if he wants to jump off a cliff STILL OK! If he wants to make guides STILL OK! and they help people. U think that devs gve shields like that? "ow ye u made a guide! Heres a shield for u! Ow ye u made a tourny! Heres a shield for u!"
No bro its not :/ and if noobmigo is aimin a shield (which he isn aimin) he has to make HUNDREDS of things liek this... If u get what i mean. :)
No harse feelings. Just statin my opinion...

joeychandler
03-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, which is why they got shields.

And you didnt... lolumadbro?

Zerious
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM

I made my workshop before the stupid shield came out :P

What's so great about it anyways?

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
And you didnt... lolumadbro?

I dont want one O.o And no barb, im not overdoing it.

Im just letting him know what hes doing.

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
And just to let you idiots know...

The riot bear guide was parths build.

The reason he didnt say anything, was because he didnt wanna look like a troll or any **** like that.
He doesnt say what needs to be said, because he tries to be nice to everyone.

But i dont think making guides means posting other peoples builds... Does it?

Zerious
03-03-2011, 04:08 PM

The reason he didnt say anything, was because he didnt wanna look like a troll or any **** like that.

Parth's build that he started as his Rose Wand Bear, but i guess people shouldn't post stuff they figure out that happens to be someone else's build... Unless given directly by the one who discovered the build... Meh

joeychandler
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM

actually mynas' build is/was a hell of a lot better than that guides build. But its still a decent guide for new players.
IMO guides should just give ppl an idea on how 2 dual spec or whatever, not give em exact gear, stats nd skills to use. Plus means less plat for Devs ^^ way to get in their favour migo ;)

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
TT not to be harse but rnt u overdoin it? If he wants a shield its OK. If he did this thread for a shield STILL ok! if he wants to jump off a cliff STILL OK! If he wants to make guides STILL OK! and they help people. U think that devs gve shields like that? "ow ye u made a guide! Heres a shield for u! Ow ye u made a tourny! Heres a shield for u!"
No bro its not :/ and if noobmigo is aimin a shield (which he isn aimin) he has to make HUNDREDS of things liek this... If u get what i mean. :)
No harse feelings. Just statin my opinion...

Thanks for the ups barb.
Anyway, TT, are you trying to prove something to me? Like you are good at trolling? I know you're good at PvP, and you should stick to that. This desperate troll is making my head hurt.

HerWolf, I dunno what's so good about the shield. Maybe the stats? :p
I think it gives 1 armor, like a vanity item.

EDIT:
November rain.
Nuff said.