View Full Version : Hybrids Question.

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 01:08 AM
So I think the most common hybrids are :

1. Pally
2. Dex Mage
3. Dex Bear
4. War Bird

I've just been wondering lately, why the warbirds, despite being melee, get to use the full range of their skills, while bears who use a bow, don't get to use any of theirs at a range?

A thought of practicality just hit me the other night, why birds can fire arrows when using a sword :P

And since a slash is technically just a stronger hit on a mob, a stronger tug on a bow and arrow should be possible?

A mage being melee and casting spells is understood, since nothing is really needed for them to cast spells. But a sword throwing arrows is the one part I'm wondering on.

Would it be possible to make certain weapon types on certain characters extend/reduce their skill range? Melee birds get half of their skill range, while dex bears double theirs?

Just a thought.

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
I don't think the devs had hybrid builds in mind at all when they created gear, but these builds turned out to be popular options for PvP, twinking, and survivability for PvE. As such, the skill ranges were never adjusted to accommodate for dual wielding.

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Hmm, true.

Will it be too much of a trouble to even ask if its possible for them to do so now? I have no idea on how complex something like this would be, so I just had to ask :)

Physiologic
03-03-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't dual wield at all but you might as well go for suggesting it :p

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Alright, thanks Phys! :)

Royce
03-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Slashes should not work with range from a bow. The bear uses his paw for that, and arrows can't "slash". Archers presumably always carry a bow hidden in their pocket or something (they are archers after all), and always have the quiver on their back. Even a war bird fires arrows when using shot skills. But they don't have to be hybrids, dagger birds do the same thing.

Kirei
03-03-2011, 07:50 PM
maybe birds are secretly mages and they create arrows out of thin air to shoot when they use their skills. thats why warbirds can do that

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Or maybe that's like them little throwing knives up their sleeve.

FluffNStuff
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Look at the animations, royce is right. Bear holding a bow put ther bow in their off hand and punch.

noobmigo
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
No way.
Going to test that.
And with the warbirds.

WhoIsThis
03-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Perhaps dex bears and warbirds have some sort of ranged weapon (ex: throwing knives and axes?) that they carry around with them? Of course, how does a dex bear execute beckon with a bow?

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Fair arguments. Just a thought :)