PDA

View Full Version : [In-Depth Review]: Maridos

Zeus
01-22-2015, 07:04 PM

Hello all,

To help inform forum users and to alleviate the numerous PMs I have received in game to demonstrate this pet, I am writing this review so people can see what the pet is about!

First off, in case some people have not seen Remiem's announcement:

Most of you have guessed by now that the "Something New" we teased a couple of weeks ago is indeed a new pet! You guys have been staring at the silhouette for a while now, so this time let's take a look at the stats!

Pet Name: Maridos

Happiness Bonus:
12% Damage
25 INT/DEX/STR
10% Crit (does stack with AA!)
2% Damage Reduction
175 Health

Arcane Ability: Maridos' Blessing
"Grants you and your allies 5% Crit, 15 INT, STR, DEX, 15% armor that reduces over time, and Maridos' power amplifies!"

Player

15% Armor Bonus for owner and allies. Reduces over time, 15%, 12.5%, 10%, 7.5%, 5%, 2.5%, then gone.
5% Crit for owner and allies
+15 to all stats for owner and allies

Maridos

25% Damage buff to Maridos
100% Chance on doing damage to inflict debuff on nearby enemies that reduces armor 15%, crit 8%, and reduce speed to 75%

The effects of the ability last about 10 seconds total.

Passive Attacks:

level 1-9: Quick Strike
Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%

level 10-19: Hammering Strike
Chance on attack to reduce armor 10%, enemy hit chance -10%

level 20-29: Blessed Strikes
Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%

level 30-39: Rain of Blows
Chance on attack to reduce armor 15%, enemy hit chance -15%, strikes multiple enemies

level 40+: Djinn's Fury
Chance on Attack to reduce Armor 15%, enemy hit chance -20%, crit chance 3%, strikes multiple enemies
1% chance on an attack to banish the enemy.

Note: Hit chance reductions apply to PVE only.

The above announcement illustrates the pet happiness bonus, AA (Player & Pet Buff), as well as the passives depending on the level.

However, the announcement by Remiem has also missed a few things that I would like to cover in this review.

Most Importantly: This pet talks Spanish! One may never know how useful Spanish could be whilst wandering the scorching hot Arabian deserts!

Xorrior's theory on why the pet speaks Spanish:
It probably speaks Spanish due to it's Moor relevancy. Moors lived in Spain from the 8th century. They inhabited an area which they called Al-Andalus within the Iberian peninsula up until the 16th century. Thus the city of Andalusia (Al-Andalus) and the beautiful dome buildings inlaid with detailed mosaics and calligraphy, that still can be visited today.

Passive Attack:
The attack at L40 has about a 70-80% chance to apply the 20% armor and 20% hit reduction. On top of that, there seems to be around a 10% chance to apply a 5% crit reduction. The banish is a 1% chance, however, the mob that it banishes will banish up to 3 mobs around it.

Attack Speed:
The attack speed of this pet seems to be ever so slightly faster than Samael's attack rate. This makes sense considering both are spirit/wraith type of pets. The leash of the pet is also about as long as Samael. Additionally, the pet seems to have lesser chance on getting confused as what target to attack when there are multiple targets (something Samael had issues dealing with).

Arcane Ability Extras:
The cool down of this pet is about 23 seconds. The duration of the AA is roughly 11 seconds. The range is about as wide as Singe/Nekro's AA when activated. One can tell the AA has been activated by a brief purple flash akin to that of a planar pendant proc (although the color itself is solid like Singe or Nekro AA activation) followed by a sparkling green rain drop like effect on avatars that have successfully received the buff.

The pet also has numerous weapons of choice ranging from: scythe, dual scythes, iron skillet, and wooden spatula. Often times, I cannot tell if the pet is killing an enemy or attempting to prepare me a meal! Psst, since it has the utensils to prepare a meal, if this pet could feed itself, it would be splendid!

Note: This review is in progress and I will update the frequency of passive attack procs once it hits L40!

Fao
01-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Picture? I just wanna see what it looks like!

Zeus
01-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Picture? I just wanna see what it looks like!

I edited my original post to show you a pic!

regizakirs.rs
01-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Zeus

Xorrior
01-22-2015, 07:26 PM
It probably speaks Spanish due to it's Moor relevancy. Moors lived in Spain from the 8th century. They inhabited an area which they called Al-Andalus within the Iberian peninsula up until the 16th century. Thus the city of Andalusia (Al-Andalus) and the beautiful dome buildings inlaid with detailed mosaics and calligraphy, that still can be visited today.

Zeus
01-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Interesting tidbit, I'll add it in with credits to you!

ganged
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
is it an arcane pet

Zeus
01-22-2015, 07:33 PM
is it an arcane pet

Yes, the rarity is arcane.

Xorrior
01-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Andalusia Spain : a remnant.

Sorry slightly off-topic

Diggdugg
01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Awesome review Zeus, will this pet take the place of sam as the pet of choice? Or is sam still top in your opinion

Energizeric
01-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Psst, since it has the utensils to prepare a meal, if this pet could feed itself, it would be splendid!

LOL :eagerness:

Medievil
01-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Maridos is the plural of marido.
This means husband(s) in spanish

emkochiu
01-22-2015, 11:35 PM
Maridos is the plural of marido.
This means husband(s) in spanish

New mythic pet will be wifes? xD

Coalhouse
01-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Wikipedia:

In Arabic folklore and common mythology, a marid (Arabic: مارد‎ mārid), is a large and powerful jinni. Marids are mentioned in pre-Islamic Arabian mythology and inside the One Thousand and One Nights alongside the jinn in the story of The Fisherman and the Jinni.[1] The term marid is still used in Arabic to refer to giants.

Scioefic
01-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the review :D and congratulations for looting that rare pet ;)

SacredKnight
01-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Wow, you're quick at pet collecting! You should have named him Robin though :/

Kingofninjas
01-23-2015, 01:38 AM
Maybe add the part about its pervy walking and amd standing style too. This pet is a complete player guys!!

Being serious, I think this pet may definitely be better than samael in terms of base happiness stats and arguably AA, but thankfully samael has not been replaced. In a clash, a couple of samael will always be better than stacking five of these simply for the stun and helpful mana Sam gives. Thanks STS for putting thought into this pet and not making it an obvious replacement for Sam. Once necro gets buffed finally we will start to see pets other than samael sns and breeze being used in clashes.

epicrrr
01-23-2015, 02:22 AM
A green arcane pet, the color alone is enough to make me want to save for this! :)

Medievil
01-23-2015, 02:54 AM
New mythic pet will be wifes? xD

lol, Imagine that >.<

Haligali
01-23-2015, 09:36 AM
How good is it compared to other pets? Is it better than SnS? Nekro will be better after buff? Breeze now freeze bosses in arena, do you find this pet more useful there? What about singe?

Zeus
01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
How good is it compared to other pets? Is it better than SnS? Nekro will be better after buff? Breeze now freeze bosses in arena, do you find this pet more useful there? What about singe?

Yes, in arena I can take most red zones and not die. If need proof, ask Shinytoy.

In PvE, I would say it's better than SnS but in PvP, SnS still seems to dominate (until I level Maridos more).

Maridos replaces Singe entirely IMO with more hp & crit as well as a faster attack speed.

Haligali
01-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Yes, in arena I can take most red zones and not die. If need proof, ask Shinytoy.

In PvE, I would say it's better than SnS but in PvP, SnS still seems to dominate (until I level Maridos more).

Maridos replaces Singe entirely IMO with more hp & crit as well as a faster attack speed.

Did you tried Breeze now in arena? Do you think nekro will be better?

Boss red zone not a problem currently for me, if my veil wears off and got stucked, then i press blinky aa. There is too many good pet now, hard to choose. eg im crafting a nekro now, but hard to decide if i sell or not so that why im asking.

Carapace
01-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Wikipedia:

In Arabic folklore and common mythology, a marid (Arabic: مارد‎ mārid), is a large and powerful jinni. Marids are mentioned in pre-Islamic Arabian mythology and inside the One Thousand and One Nights alongside the jinn in the story of The Fisherman and the Jinni.[1] The term marid is still used in Arabic to refer to giants.

This is indeed where I derived the name Maridos from :)

Remiem
01-23-2015, 11:42 AM

A very historical analysis. I'm really impressed! While I don't want to take away from the potential depth of this pet, all of his quotes or shouts (including the spanish) are from, or variations on quotes that Genie said in Disney's Aladdin. :) Our little tribute to Robin Williams.

Xorrior
01-23-2015, 11:44 AM
A very historical analysis. I'm really impressed! While I don't want to take away from the potential depth of this pet, all of his quotes or shouts (including the spanish) are from, or variations on quotes that Genie said in Disney's Aladdin. :) Our little tribute to Robin Williams.

Ok this arcane pet is in a way a tribute to Robin Williams :) I didn't even know that genie spoke Spanish need to watch it again LOL.

Here is another tidbit....

Name Aladdin is an Englishised name derived from two Arabic words - Alaa and Deen/Dīn meaning Nobility of Religion. Alaa Dīn (Alaa Ad-Din) > Aladdin.

Actually Aladdin in the original story is explicitly Chinese but his story has Arabic names. Too much to explain here and so off-topic LOL

EDITED : Correction on name translation.

Gomoroth
01-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Great info Zeus, Thanks.

How though did you manage to get the pet sooo fast.. Are you a dev in disguise ;)

How many chests did you open to get it once you heard it was live ?

Zeus
01-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Did you tried Breeze now in arena? Do you think nekro will be better?

Boss red zone not a problem currently for me, if my veil wears off and got stucked, then i press blinky aa. There is too many good pet now, hard to choose. eg im crafting a nekro now, but hard to decide if i sell or not so that why im asking.

I have tried Breeze. It's awesome! In PvE, Maridos seems to be the better pet of choice to use when compared to Nekro. I think Nekro would be useful in situations were max damage is required and a bit of speed. If one does not require that and requires more durability, use Maridos instead. So, to answer your question, in Elite Planar Tombs and Elite Planar Arena, I prefer Maridos. In easier maps that do not require such extreme durability, I would prefer Nekro.

octavos
01-23-2015, 12:00 PM
variations on quotes that Genie said in Disney's Aladdin. :) Our little tribute to Robin Williams.

thank you :vcry:

Xorrior
01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
So, if the arcane Genie was made as a mark of respect for Robin Williams then does this mean it has nothing to do with the upcoming expansion ? Therefore perhaps the new expansion is not Arabian themed!

Anyhoo....whatever the theme we look forward to it.

Coalhouse
01-23-2015, 03:01 PM
I was also pleased to note that "Samael" and "Abaddon" are mythological references. "Slag" ... not so much(!)

Archerios
01-23-2015, 04:25 PM
How much people selling this pet?

Carapace
01-23-2015, 04:28 PM
I was also pleased to note that "Samael" and "Abaddon" are mythological references. "Slag" ... not so much(!)

We realized after the fact that the name has slang meanings in another country, however we assure you as a fire elemental pet his association is more along this definition: "stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore." :)

Zeus
01-23-2015, 05:40 PM
We realized after the fact that the name has slang meanings in another country, however we assure you as a fire elemental pet his association is more along this definition: "stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore." :)

Hey Cara, the pet is bugged yet again, haha! At L40, it doesn't gain the L40 passive. Instead, it remains at the L30 passive. Here's a thread: http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?205450-Maridos-passive-Skill-Progression-is-bugged

Hentaro
01-23-2015, 06:34 PM
😘 Marido(s) is spanish for Husbad(s). Thought I'd point that out ;-) 😜

Hentaro
01-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Husband*

Carapace
01-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Hey Cara, the pet is bugged yet again, haha! At L40, it doesn't gain the L40 passive. Instead, it remains at the L30 passive. Here's a thread: http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?205450-Maridos-passive-Skill-Progression-is-bugged

Confirmed that he does banish and that it's a typo in the aforementioned thread. Thanks! Gave me a bit of a scare there ;)

Rx8
01-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Ok this arcane pet is in a way a tribute to Robin Williams :) I didn't even know that genie spoke Spanish need to watch it again LOL.

Name Aladdin is an Englishised name derived from two Arabic words - Allah and Deen/Dīn meaning Gods Religion. Allah Dīn > Aladīn > Aladdin.

Actually Aladdin in the original story is explicitly Chinese but his story has Arabic names. Too much to explain here and so off-topic LOL

O guess u were trying to say robert williams?

Qamr
01-24-2015, 11:13 PM

thanks for explaining :)

Coalhouse
01-25-2015, 02:12 PM
"Visigothic Kingdom" on @Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigothic_Kingdom

Zeus
01-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Updated with passive attack rate!

Azemen
01-26-2015, 01:21 AM
So what is best for Planar Tombs as a Mage? Sammy, Singe, or Mardos?

Zeus
01-26-2015, 01:27 AM
So what is best for Planar Tombs as a Mage? Sammy, Singe, or Mardos?

Maridos...easily.

Candylicks
01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Clear this up for me Zeus.

Party with 2 genies = what is the party buff

Party with 1 genie 1 singe = what is the party buff

Party with 2 singe = what is the party buff

Is 2 Genies = 2 Singe party buff ?

I am hearing conflicting notions and want to get it right.

Zeus
01-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Clear this up for me Zeus.

Party with 2 genies = what is the party buff

Party with 1 genie 1 singe = what is the party buff

Party with 2 singe = what is the party buff

Is 2 Genies = 2 Singe party buff ?

I am hearing conflicting notions and want to get it right.

2 genie AA do not stack so you'd have to time AA.

1 genie, 1 singe does stack.

2 Genie =/= 2 Singe because Genie provides additional armor, damage, and debuff.

lethaljade
01-26-2015, 06:24 PM
I wish I shared the love for this pet as you do, im happy I finally got it, but bored me within 2 hours, pet is just a buffed version of singe hp is decent damage sucks, crit buff is worse then shadowlurks, pets alright I suppose, nothing great though, ill use it in the occasional arena run or switch to boss on timed runs, but will you see me farming or running maps with this pet nah, you probably won't even know I have it it will spend most time in its lamp being denied pet food, lol.

First time ive not really enjoyed a pet nekro has always been a disappointed but I adapted to it, sam was great and still is, whim Ive recently opened on mage loving it, apart frommthe fact traps on a rouge have a bigger pull range, but mari? I cant even remember its name, the genie, is just merh, I guess it if your a singe lover you'll love it, but the difference between this and singe is too close, and the crit bonus is too small, which makes the buff bore me, the passive banish is ok, I suppose it's a decent pet, but there's better out there.

As5055565
01-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Nice cant wait to get my hands on it hopefully soon

will0
01-26-2015, 09:32 PM
i agree with lethaljade about maridos... looks cute but infact a buff pet but not that OP for an arcane with what is already out there.

I am not pro on Buffing / nerfing i guess it is ok pet (i would prefer mobility impairment on pet).1% banish should be change to some chance panic / freeze in PVP?

Reading Ravenger reviews on Maridos i can understand how he comes from.... it just a good look pet that needs some adjustment for PVP (perhaps maridos' buffing grants stun immunity, invulnerability or some sort to the caster) than just debuffing armor.

SNS and Sameal have some or more advantage over it in PVP and PVE ground. Maybe that's why the Pet is so cheap now < 1 week release it needs DEV to think about making it better perhaps?

Zeus
01-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Not every arcane pet released has to be a PvP pet. As a Maridos owner, I appreciate it for what it is: a singe upgrade.

Additionally, the pet has a very high chance to land its armor reduction and hit reduction passive. The armor reduction lingers for a substantial amount of time. For me, that is important. This pet takes most of Singe's weak areas and improves on it.

These days, Samael is not as strong in PvE as he used to be although he may still remain the king of PvP. In retrospect, Maridos is an excellent PvE arcane but may be slightly less useful than a PvP orientated arcane pet. However, I would not consider ruling out Maridos for a PvP pet.

The passive, which has a very high chance to land armor reduction, gives sorcerers the component that they lack in their lightning: armor reduction. Heck, it even reduces more armor than an aimed shot and lingers for the length of quite a few Aimeds.

Stuns are important, yes, but so are debuffs. This pet is a debuff machine which will be helpful for taking down heavily armored opponents.

NotYoCookiez
01-26-2015, 10:03 PM
What's with everyone saying there is going to be a mythic version of this pet? What does that mean?

kixkaxx
01-26-2015, 11:06 PM
i agree with lethaljade about maridos... looks cute but infact a buff pet but not that OP for an arcane with what is already out there.

I am not pro on Buffing / nerfing i guess it is ok pet (i would prefer mobility impairment on pet).1% banish should be change to some chance panic / freeze in PVP?

Reading Ravenger reviews on Maridos i can understand how he comes from.... it just a good look pet that needs some adjustment for PVP (perhaps maridos' buffing grants stun immunity, invulnerability or some sort to the caster) than just debuffing armor.

SNS and Sameal have some or more advantage over it in PVP and PVE ground. Maybe that's why the Pet is so cheap now < 1 week release it needs DEV to think about making it better perhaps?

It's banish chance is far higher than 1%. It is something between 3%-4% because it banish every 20-30 sec. Really OP in pve

will0
01-26-2015, 11:18 PM
It's banish chance is far higher than 1%. It is something between 3%-4% because it banish every 20-30 sec. Really OP in pve

I am referring to PVP, PVE is fine as a a buffing pet with 1% banish like sameal

lethaljade
01-27-2015, 12:11 AM
Not every arcane pet released has to be a PvP pet. As a Maridos owner, I appreciate it for what it is: a singe upgrade.

Additionally, the pet has a very high chance to land its armor reduction and hit reduction passive. The armor reduction lingers for a substantial amount of time. For me, that is important. This pet takes most of Singe's weak areas and improves on it.

These days, Samael is not as strong in PvE as he used to be although he may still remain the king of PvP. In retrospect, Maridos is an excellent PvE arcane but may be slightly less useful than a PvP orientated arcane pet. However, I would not consider ruling out Maridos for a PvP pet.

The passive, which has a very high chance to land armor reduction, gives sorcerers the component that they lack in their lightning: armor reduction. Heck, it even reduces more armor than an aimed shot and lingers for the length of quite a few Aimeds.

Stuns are important, yes, but so are debuffs. This pet is a debuff machine which will be helpful for taking down heavily armored opponents.
Coming from a pve player, this pet is really no use to me in pve lol. In arena id rather use shadowlurk has more overall damage effect for party then this buff and armour reduction why on earth would I want that in pve, thats like respecing str in pve spec just not necessary, learn to survive, im not fond of this pet so this is probably a bias opinion, the hp gain mskes it easier to survive for sure but, damage over hp n armour anyday, if I want to be weak with loads of hp n armour in pve id of made a warrior huhu.

Im not even tempted to ask for a buff my nekros already receiving 15 percent damage buff which will mean I have finally got a legitimate pet to compete with sns, this pet can 30m thrown down the drain for all I care, but to anyone reading bthis buy nekro after buff, maridos just not worth it.

nevercan
01-27-2015, 08:06 AM
What's with everyone saying there is going to be a mythic version of this pet? What does that mean?
That a mythc pet wil have about the same looks like slag->glacian abba->sam ripmaw->hj

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Mine isn't 40 yet so I can't give my overall opinion on it. But, as a singe lover I probably will feel justified in my genie purchase. I personally was never overwhelmed by Sam in PvE and quickly adapted to Singe on both mage/rogue so if Genie is similar to Singe once leveled I'm OK with it. They as always are willing to tweak the stats if needed, so if we collectively feel we should go there then we need to get specific.

lethaljade
01-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Mine isn't 40 yet so I can't give my overall opinion on it. But, as a singe lover I probably will feel justified in my genie purchase. I personally was never overwhelmed by Sam in PvE and quickly adapted to Singe on both mage/rogue so if Genie is similar to Singe once leveled I'm OK with it. They as always are willing to tweak the stats if needed, so if we collectively feel we should go there then we need to get specific.
Ya im sure you'll love is lisa, if your a singe user then this pet cant disappoint you too much.

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Ya im sure you'll love is lisa, if your a singe user then this pet cant disappoint you too much.

It certainly has the same feel as singe except even tankier, which you know is how I rogue anyways. Should be extremely helpful to have that extra HP in the expansion you know they will nuke us down good when it launches.

Kingk1649
01-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks for info

Kujimasun
01-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Coming from a pve player, this pet is really no use to me in pve lol. In arena id rather use shadowlurk has more overall damage effect for party then this buff and armour reduction why on earth would I want that in pve, thats like respecing str in pve spec just not necessary, learn to survive, im not fond of this pet so this is probably a bias opinion, the hp gain mskes it easier to survive for sure but, damage over hp n armour anyday, if I want to be weak with loads of hp n armour in pve id of made a warrior huhu.

Im not even tempted to ask for a buff my nekros already receiving 15 percent damage buff which will mean I have finally got a legitimate pet to compete with sns, this pet can 30m thrown down the drain for all I care, but to anyone reading bthis buy nekro after buff, maridos just not worth it.
I respectfully disagree. My pet is 41 and I'm loving it. This may possibly be the next best pet to sns. I run with a rogue who also has one. We have never blazed through any map or arena quicker unless we use elixirs. As a mage I can run Planar tombs without shield, no problem. High damage means nothing if the enemy has high armor. How effective your hits damage are based on the armor your enemy has, which is where the debuff comes in.

I would still take this pet even without passive banish.

Zeus
01-27-2015, 06:06 PM
I respectfully disagree. My pet is 41 and I'm loving it. This may possibly be the next best pet to sns. I run with a rogue who also has one. We have never blazed through any map or arena quicker unless we use elixirs. As a mage I can run Planar tombs without shield, no problem. High damage means nothing if the enemy has high armor. How effective your hits damage are based on the armor your enemy has, which is where the debuff comes in.

I would still take this pet even without passive banish.

Yep, the passive is where this pet shines. Stack two or more of them and mobs will constantly be running at 20% armor debuff. The rate to land the armor debuff is extremely high and lingers for a very very long time. This is the pet that mages need - even if it does not have stuns.

Candylicks
01-27-2015, 06:27 PM
How boring to make every arcane pet the same, right? I think you end up playing with what works for your style. I run my rogue like a tank, well mage too and I love having that HP for maps. My genie rubs me the right way!

Qamr
01-28-2015, 10:38 PM
I have posted here 2 posts that i found they are deleted now.
any way that's so professional to do such a thing without messaging me about.
fanks

Qamr
01-28-2015, 10:45 PM

Name Aladdin is an Englishised name derived from two Arabic words - Alaa and Deen/Dīn meaning Nobility of Religion. Alaa Dīn (Alaa Ad-Din) > Aladdin.

EDITED : Correction on name translation.

thanks for correction, i post it before but i deleted (don't know why) - but the origin of the story is Indian or Persian not Chinese i'm sure about it.

Xorrior
01-28-2015, 10:58 PM
thanks for correction, i post it before but i deleted (don't know why) - but the origin of the story is Indian or Persian not Chinese i'm sure about it.

Don't want to go off topic here as what we are discussing has nothing to do with the thread, but Aladdin is a Chinese boy not Arab, the story is set in the Far East not Middle East.

Aladdin as an Arab is a misconception mostly due to the Disney movie.

Check these links out :-

http://interestingliterature.com/2013/01/30/surprising-facts-about-aladdin/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin

will0
01-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Just my 2 cents, with Neckro buff (Very Op buff*) using maridos in pvp seems like you are using a legendary pet to fight OP pet and players in pvp

Zeus
01-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Just my 2 cents, with Neckro buff (Very Op buff*) using maridos in pvp seems like you are using a legendary pet to fight OP pet and players in pvp

A pet doesn't have to be the best in every category, just the best in a few. Now, Maridos will be the pet of choice in any tough map like planar tombs while Nekro would be the pet of choice in PvP but perhaps not the case in PvE.

If looking for Nekro's effectiveness in PvP then I believe you're looking to open a Nekro, not a Maridos.

Thexkid
03-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Maridos is lacking base happiness speed(like whims have) to be the true beast of tough pve maps(for timeds and pure runs would help alot). Its obvious he was designed for pve because he lacks stun and mana regen Which are 2 very important key parts to a successful pvp pet just look at samael and even nekro has these traits which i bet are mostly overlooked due to everything else nekro offers lol as of now i would still choose maridos while running planar tombs or arena but i would choose nekro if i was in a hurry to run tombs(timed runs) although im sure nekro could be used with a maridos and their AAs would probably coincide for some awesome elite runs :)

Kakashis
03-21-2015, 08:41 PM
I will open mirados on my 9 twink. His AA and base stats are nice! Now I just need the gold lol

nevercan
03-22-2015, 02:57 PM
I will open mirados on my 9 twink. His AA and base stats are nice! Now I just need the gold lol
I think singe is better for a lvl 9 twinj tbh -.-

legendarytelly
03-24-2015, 10:18 PM
I think Maridos passive skill should be buffed to compete with Necro and Samuel.

Dragoonclaws
03-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Don't want to go off topic here as what we are discussing has nothing to do with the thread, but Aladdin is a Chinese boy not Arab, the story is set in the Far East not Middle East.

Aladdin as an Arab is a misconception mostly due to the Disney movie.

Check these links out :-

http://interestingliterature.com/2013/01/30/surprising-facts-about-aladdin/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin

Aladdin and Jasmine are arab names tho 0.o

Alddin is Ala' al deen(in arabic pronounciation)

Jasmine is Yasmine(in arabic pronounciation)

The author must have changed the names to make them seem arab. Thank you for the info tho

Madmartigane
09-19-2015, 11:05 PM
very helpfull thanks;)

nelson131
09-20-2015, 03:20 AM
lol....talking about reviving old threads