PDA

View Full Version : What options are left?

Twix
01-22-2015, 07:14 PM
First sts fixes scaling of t2, and today they fix it for t3. How do you guys expect non plat users to make gold? Run km3 and brackenridge till we grow old and die? I thought Sts said they were going to "bridge the gap" between plat users and non plat users. Im pretty sure they made a typo.. Waste more ankhs than you make gold in tombs now. Good job sts for taking away the one chance non plat users had to make gold :). Yet no word on rogues razor bug since the start of this game, or the "soon to come" mage buff discussion.. Been waiting 2 years on it. Now all we can do Is farm arena. Recipe drop is almost nonexistent, same as fossil...

jiph
01-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Why so serious bro

Raregem
01-22-2015, 08:08 PM
IMO sts should just rescale the tombs difficulty level down to what it is with one person, when the timers come back on. (If they did it now then it would be way too easy because people would try and scale that even lower)

Obviously it is more manageable for a larger group of players when it is scaled to the one person level. Frankly it was 10 times more enjoyable as well. We still had to use ankhs but it was doable. I can not even stand to do t2 boss anymore he takes a ridiculously long time to kill with proper scaling and it's just a headache.

But thinking about it by the time they turn the timers back on we will be into the new expansion with level 46 gear(I hope we have the gear and don't need to wait a year to get it). So then it would seem too easy.

Ugh.. it's a mess. Arena and pvp? since tombs will now be dead.

Jazzi
01-22-2015, 08:36 PM
IMO sts should just rescale the tombs difficulty level down to what it is with one person, when the timers come back on. (If they did it now then it would be way too easy because people would try and scale that even lower)

Obviously it is more manageable for a larger group of players when it is scaled to the one person level. Frankly it was 10 times more enjoyable as well. We still had to use ankhs but it was doable. I can not even stand to do t2 boss anymore he takes a ridiculously long time to kill with proper scaling and it's just a headache.

But thinking about it by the time they turn the timers back on we will be into the new expansion with level 46 gear(I hope we have the gear and don't need to wait a year to get it). So then it would seem too easy.

Ugh.. it's a mess. Arena and pvp? since tombs will now be dead.

Pretty much this. Without the scaling the tombs are just extremely tedious. The first boss, although relatively cheap in ankh expenditure, grants a single fragment. The second one takes forever to kill. And the third boss is just... I gained a fair number of pretty much maxed players on my friend's list while the scaling was ongoing and now not a single one of them wants to do any tombs.

I think the difficulty should be considered again. The planar tombs were the only place you could earn some gold by farming and now it is gone. I was on for an hour tonight and was just standing around. Same as everybody on my friend's list.

Twix
01-22-2015, 09:01 PM
finally some people agree with me :) when I got on I waited 45min for a pt and during first run wasted 6-8 ankhs on t3 normally its 0-2. Losing more than im making.

Serancha
01-22-2015, 09:04 PM
See this is why they should never have let this scaling nonsense go on so long. People are now used to it being easy, when it is supposed to be the most difficult content in the game. It was never supposed to be 1-player difficulty for a party of 4 and everyone KNEW it was an exploit that would be fixed eventually. Complaining that it is now back to the intended difficulty level is just plain silly.

regizakirs.rs
01-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Twix I'm sorry but, I agree and disagree with you on a few things here. I agree with you on the point that the bosses are tedious without the scaling and it is a way of getting good gold provided your lucky enough to loot something worthwhile. But this is where I disagree with you here. We all know that this content is supposed to be difficult. I like challenges that's just me. We all know that the loot you get most of time doesn't equal out to the amount of ankhs and gold you spend buying pots. I agree with Serancha on this one here Twix.

Twix
01-22-2015, 11:32 PM
I know it wasnt meant to be scaled, and ive fought boss without scaling it also. But if players are completing the most difficult content in the game as of yet, there should be a guaranteed way to make more gold, not the other way around. Maybe stg can increase the liquidation from items in tombs and recent elites?

regizakirs.rs
01-22-2015, 11:37 PM
I agree with you on this!

Serancha
01-23-2015, 01:57 AM
I agree that the loot does not equal the difficulty in either arena or tombs. This is something we have been requesting be addressed since the planar arena was released. At that time the devs assured us that the crappy loot in arena would make sense once the tombs came out. This was not the case. Now we have 4 nice new farming areas where we all spend exorbatant amounts on potions, ankhs and elixirs for 0 return on investment.

The only people who are making money from these maps are the ones who already have excessive amounts of gold, or alts of previous plat farmers - the only ones who can afford to buy up enough chests to loot dark armours. The rest of us who actually do the work are stuck settling for the few hundred k we can get for a chest, to reimburse us for our efforts. Otherwise we have a 96% chance of opening said chest and getting a single epic item which we can liquidate for under 10 gold. Players who farm can't afford that, which feeds the cycle of those who are already too rich further controlling the market.

In short, it is not the difficulty that is the problem, it is the entire loot system and earning hierarchy in the game.

To the Devs: Risk must = reward, or there is no point in us bothering.

Amokaachi
01-23-2015, 02:51 AM
Arena bosses have gotten harder since last weeks update also. Now they eating ankhs a lot with '1 hit's

regizakirs.rs
01-23-2015, 03:24 AM
I agree that the loot does not equal the difficulty in either arena or tombs. This is something we have been requesting be addressed since the planar arena was released. At that time the devs assured us that the crappy loot in arena would make sense once the tombs came out. This was not the case. Now we have 4 nice new farming areas where we all spend exorbatant amounts on potions, ankhs and elixirs for 0 return on investment.

The only people who are making money from these maps are the ones who already have excessive amounts of gold, or alts of previous plat farmers - the only ones who can afford to buy up enough chests to loot dark armours. The rest of us who actually do the work are stuck settling for the few hundred k we can get for a chest, to reimburse us for our efforts. Otherwise we have a 96% chance of opening said chest and getting a single epic item which we can liquidate for under 10 gold. Players who farm can't afford that, which feeds the cycle of those who are already too rich further controlling the market.

In short, it is not the difficulty that is the problem, it is the entire loot system and earning hierarchy in the game.

To the Devs: Risk must = reward, or there is no point in us bothering.
100% right

SacredKnight
01-23-2015, 03:34 AM
I will be brief.
It is statistically improbable to assume that going to Elite Maps will wield defined profit for time and money spent doing the run. You can easily expand a whole Ankh kit in a tomb/arena run if you're really top notch pro, not to mention how much everyone else who doesn't even have a Single Arcane Item will spend on Ankhs.
Running such Elites have a low probability to Yield Sufficient profit/reward.

Solution?

Farm for locks.

Your money is where their money is at. STS makes a very large percentile of their profits from locks and, from the recent sale it's safe to assume that looks will always be wanted and need as well as rise and fall in prices within moments. Farming locks are easy, cheap and more so. You can do it from day one. On a good day locks can scale up to 10k+, and with a good elixir stack in KM's you can collect quite a few. Sell them. Easy, simple profit done.

TBH We need something in Elites that cannot even circulate in the markets, something so purely elites that even Zeus can't buy it with gold :P