PDA

View Full Version : What will PL-players do when Blackstar is released?

Riccits
03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi all!

This game is not out yet and noone of us knows if we will like it like PL or more or worse.

Just to have a little idea, will u contiune to PL and not Blackstar? Will u play both games? Will u quit PL?

I know its early to ask that, i just want know hows the direction.

For my part: I will prbably remain to PL. Spend to much time and effort into to stop it now. Playing both games i wouldnt have enough time... Rather i would screw down the PL-playing time and doing something usefuller ;)

Smash ur opinions!

Echelong
03-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Both I am preparing myself for combacks when my wife starts yelling.

Ellyidol
03-03-2011, 08:53 AM
From the exclusive review saying it's very similar, I'll definitely be trying and playing both :)

DawnInfinity
03-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll probably try to play both.

noneo
03-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi all!

This game is not out yet and noone of us knows if we will like it like PL or more or worse.

Just to have a little idea, will u contiune to PL and not Blackstar? Will u play both games? Will u quit PL?

I know its early to ask that, i just want know hows the direction.

For my part: I will prbably remain to PL. Spend to much time and effort into to stop it now. Playing both games i wouldnt have enough time... Rather i would screw down the PL-playing time and doing something usefuller ;)

Smash ur opinions!

Here is a post with a link to some screen shots so you can get a feel for what it is going to be like. It seems VERY similar to how Pocket Legends is layed out.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20536-Blackstar-Hands-on-preview

"Both I am preparing myself for combacks when my wife starts yelling."

Shemron, this is priceless! I should start thinking of mine...

Echelong
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I had to figure out lots of ways just to be able to grind to 56 now I am thinking of new ones for this game.

KaotiicxDream
03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I'll try Blackstar out.. If Blackstar is just as good i play both if it's worse i won't play it that much... If Blackstar is better i start playing PL less..

TwinkTastical
03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Pee ell
^.^

romgar1
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Both, since plat exchanges between games there should be no problem with me spending a little there if I like it.

Conradin
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Both- gunna get In on top. Gunna be like te old fnord games ;)

Major
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm gonna have to say both for sure....right now anyways, everything could change if blackstar is truely unreal lol.

Yvonnel
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I will probably stick with PL mainly. I know I will end up at least trying Blackstar out, but I haven't experienced everything PL has to offer yet.

LoztChaos
03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Still so much to do in PL! So both =)

Necrobane
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Sadly to say I dont have time for both, I reckon if I like blackstar thats what Ill be playing.

Sanatorium
03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I'll be sticking up to Blackstar more, I can't wait :).

LotsaHugs
03-04-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm still going to keep playing PL, but I'll give BS a fair try. I gotta say I love the fact that PL is a mobile game :)

manyax111
03-05-2011, 04:33 AM
i'm keep going to play PL because since i saw the preview by slidetoplay i think it's EXACTLY the same with PL and there is no reason to spend more money for platinum. i do not care about space theme, i wanted to see some revolutionary changes about gameplay but looks like i won't.

Barbamitsos
03-05-2011, 05:20 AM
with one hand pl and the other blackstar. and im not kidin at all!
thats why god gave us two hands.l...

ill never let down my lil couple: Mrsbanana and Mrbanana

Mageprodigy
03-05-2011, 09:29 AM
i saw the pictures and i think i will stick to Pocket Legends :p

[Lt] Shiny
03-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Both, nobody knows if Black Star is actually good. But since it is from Spacetime Studios (the people that made Pocket Legends), I'll probably be trying it out. If I like it then I'll be switching from PL to Black Star from time to time. But if I don't, then... I will stick to the original game... PL XD

KingFu
03-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Stay true! Play pl not black stareww (stareww rhymes with true:p)

I may not play blackstar. Looks too pixarish, but I will try it out for sure. Since it looks similar to PL

Barbamitsos
03-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Stay true! Play pl not black stareww (stareww rhymes with true:p)

I may not play blackstar. Looks too pixarish, but I will try it out for sure. Since it looks similar to PL

ill start it asap so that if sometimes i wana start it for real i wont need to begin from lvl 1 ;) logic

KingFu
03-05-2011, 11:17 AM
ill start it asap so that if sometimes i wana start it for real i wont need to begin from lvl 1 ;) logic

I'm gonna try it, but I don't know if I'll stick with it. I don't know, maybe I'll ending up enjoying it a lot, but just from what vie seen, I'll favor Pl.

ratava
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm gonna try it, but I don't know if I'll stick with it. I don't know, maybe I'll ending up enjoying it a lot, but just from what vie seen, I'll favor Pl.

I like PL heaps, but what I hope Blackstar does to improve on it, having the fortune to come second:

1. Less Grindy missions, levelling
2. Popular PvP and reduced button mashing
3. More about story and seeing the next chapter
4. Cohesive world map to travel around
5. Space Combat: Each player can go to space in a ship and dog-fight

See hands on thread for more details from touchgen handson

Barbamitsos
03-05-2011, 05:43 PM

as i said.... ill never let down my babie couple ;)

icantgetkills
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
if blackstar is better i may have to move :/ just because im choosing one or the other i dont have much time these days!

Fallen Caccavari
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
As a new player, I'll try out Blackstar and most likely continue with it unless I really don't like it at all.

Conradin
03-06-2011, 01:26 PM
depending on how the pvp is in blackstar- i may devote myself to it. but i dont play on maxing lvls..just twinking

Tengotengo
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't think my poor old phone has the power to run Blackstar. It can barely run PL. I'll fiddle with it, most likely, but until I get my tablet or a newer phone, I'll stick to PL.

ratava
03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't think my poor old phone has the power to run Blackstar. It can barely run PL. I'll fiddle with it, most likely, but until I get my tablet or a newer phone, I'll stick to PL.

Yup I needed a new phone anway *whistles* ;)

But saving cash on these mobile mmos when they are "almost" as good as many pc mmos and you pay way less, has got to be worth some of the cost of a new phone (which I needed anyway). Anyway have all the way until June to decide eh?

Tamasaurus
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I'll definitely give it a go. So far from what I've seen I can't say for sure whether it will replace PL but there certainly is potential

Kimo_-
03-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Guys just think about it Spacetime studios will be releasing Blackstar soon right? and I am sure it will be amazing especially the sci-fi idea is great and Pocket Legends wich was released in 2010 and is the number 1 game so far will remain updated as far as I'm concerned and it will get better and better each and every day I even bought 30 plat in PL because it deserves being spent money on anyways Blackstar and Pocket Legends why not have em both? I mean we could be playing both right :D??? And I hope Blackstar will remain as an efficient size like Pocket Legends not bigger than 300 MB would be fine...I suggest we keep on playin both btw I'm a level 38 Warrior in PL add me Karim Mahmoud :) I will be buying an iPad 2nd gen and an iPhone 4G after I finish this damn school year I'm currently on a 3GS good luck out there players :) I hope u like what I wrote :)

Fatpigwarrior
03-09-2011, 05:15 AM
i will go both but i will i will play pl 1 day and half blackstar half pl the next not playng blackstar as much.....

Riccits
03-09-2011, 05:23 AM
i would lie when i would say i wont try blackstar, i will for sure. it must be vvvvvvvvvvvvvv much better than PL to switch to that game..

Thedexeagle
03-10-2011, 12:04 AM
I wonder would Blackstar be similar to PL?

Thedexeagle
03-10-2011, 02:26 AM
My second question is that I wonder would Blackstar cost money from the app store like PL? I'm thinking of that it won't but we would need to buy a new thing instead of platinum for Blackstar to unlock maps. That's how PL is such a good game! What do you guys think about Blackstar, would it cost money from the app store?

ratava
03-10-2011, 05:56 AM
My second question is that I wonder would Blackstar cost money from the app store like PL? I'm thinking of that it won't but we would need to buy a new thing instead of platinum for Blackstar to unlock maps. That's how PL is such a good game! What do you guys think about Blackstar, would it cost money from the app store?

CONFIRMED:

1. Pocket Legends and Blackstar will share Spacetime Studio Accounts.
2. Free to Download: In-App purchases using Plat ie Freemium (v fair to the customer imo)

So your current PL a/c and all the Platinum you have on it will be available for Blackstar and visa-versa.

Convenient, smart and means I will probably play both :)

Edit: oops forgot to poll, devs may find it interesting...

Voted both because atm I play PL off-and-on but will play B* a good deal more because I love a good story and it will be v exciting following it.

s1nner
03-16-2011, 07:45 AM
play both for sure!

Pharcyde
03-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm just worried I won't have enough time to play both :(. Time is crunched lately and getting elite on PL and elite on blackstar is gonna be hard with how little I can get on now.

Vanrose
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I like both games. VERY ADDICTING

maddogcharlie
03-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Both for sure, may have to drop to a part time job, sell the house and live in a camper to make time but,
some ideas for making more time to play;
1) Use public transport - driving while playing PL is not sensible
2) Train both your children to play PL and operate a 12hour shift pattern so always ingame
3) Do less work at work and play more
4) Install Droid units on shopping carts, taxis, buses, airplanes, lawmowers and of course in the kitchen
5) Do more conference calls at work, argue its to save money on commuting to meetings but really can play and work
6) Move to Venus 5815 hours in a day

NeoQueen
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Well, I would say both, but after the new PL update if Blackstar has GCD then neither but if GCD is not included or removed from PL then both.

iOSJake
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
B* only. Sci Fi MMORPGs are underrepresented and rule.

CORNDAGMAN
04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
I probably will play both but I don't think it will be near as good as PL...
God bless.

Varking
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I am going to give away all 700k gold I have in Pocket Legends and just play B*.

Tvis
04-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll go around celebrating before realizing that I don't know what my decision will be.

ratava
04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I will play both as I think levelling up will be relatively quick in B* for the early levels available at release eg 20-25, so after a wee break level capping; back to PL which will be nicely updated (and Plat is exchangeable between both games) while we wait for the next chapter in the B* saga... so it should work out really well for both games :D but B* story seems so cool...

legitmerchant
04-22-2011, 02:34 PM
In my opinion, PL will remain to consume a majority of my gaming time. Since PL is already well established and more polished(other than join button) than a first-version game will be, it wins me over. Also, the item marketplace in PL has matured considerably since v1, and the valuable items in game I have amassed aren't going anywhere...

Also, without space, Blackstar sounds like a rehash of PL. I guess I can't fully judge it until it is ready.

xxNIGHTMARE
04-25-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm Goin to put time into both

Roasty
04-25-2011, 05:36 PM
More than likely both. The two games look amazing, and I can't risk getting rid of PL if Blackstar really is better...far too addicting D:

Lukecraw
04-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Probably sticking to pocket legends but I am wondering a few things about the new game.. any insight would be much appreciated.

1. probably not but is a new games development/resouces/advertising going to push P.L updates further and further away.

2. do you think its gonna be around the same size as pocket legends? im running out of room on my droid haha.

3. since platinum will be accepted on both do you think its gonna push prices of items into a spin?... ie: more people who maybe don't play that much P.L but Blackstar with a bigger budget and more item options?

Darkchylde
04-26-2011, 01:42 AM
i will play either the one or the other cause i wont have time for both as i work 40 hrs a week mon thru friday an i play at night after work during the week but never on the weekends i got way too many things to do on the weekend

ratava
04-26-2011, 03:55 AM
Probably sticking to pocket legends but I am wondering a few things about the new game.. any insight would be much appreciated.

1. probably not but is a new games development/resouces/advertising going to push P.L updates further and further away.

2. do you think its gonna be around the same size as pocket legends? im running out of room on my droid haha.

3. since platinum will be accepted on both do you think its gonna push prices of items into a spin?... ie: more people who maybe don't play that much P.L but Blackstar with a bigger budget and more item options?

See this thread for your answers Lukecraw: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19023-Blackstar-FAQ-%28-What-we-know-as-we-find-out-%29

1. There is now a PL-Live Team working on PL. STS has recruited more devs to work on it and B*. See FAQ link above.
2. Yes I'm guessing, STS usually are able to keep the client v small. It likely will be a little bigger but not much. Delete some apps, B* will be worth it!
3. Platinum is transferable but in-game gc currency or items are NOT! No inflation bud! Pricing ie real-world cash for plat should be very straightforward from day 1 with B* too as the devs have learnt a lot from PL.

Hope that helps and see the Unofficial FAQ thread or the B* Questions (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22353-B*-Ask-Questions!&p=261485&viewfull=1#post261485) thread to post questions ;)

Piosidon
06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Both, since plat exchanges between games there should be no problem with me spending a little there if I like it.

There's gonna be a plat exchange?

apoceq
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Both probably. Fascinate in one hand with Blackstar, OG droid in other hand on OG DROID :)

Piosidon
06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
There's gonna be a plat exchange?

Nevermind found the info I need on another thread

Dethwarior
06-29-2011, 12:30 PM
I'll alternate between them if I get lvl capped or get bored of b* ill play pl and vise versa

Dexmann
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
unfortunately ill probably stick with pocket legends because i have no money... so the new lvls i wont be able to get :,( otherwise i would play both

Register
06-29-2011, 06:11 PM
lmao im going all star legends unless PL gets really fun in 4 weeks...:/