PDA

View Full Version : A friendlier way to ignore

happy_terd
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I wish there was a friendlier way to ignore the dozen or so people that message me as soon as I get on for help or items. Well...maybe a dozen is more like one or two. However, It is at least one or two different people every time I get on.

I like helping people and a lot of times do give a few hundred gold or a couple low value items to these people but I cant afford to feed them all.

:( :(

Echelong
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM
one word of advice don't feed the beggars. If you do they will keep asking for more and more. I've had beggars asking me even for 100k? must have gone to begging school or something.

superss
03-03-2011, 09:37 AM
well i give them a warning and then if they keep doing whatever they were doing i then ignore them

RedRyder
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Last night I was wearing my community shield in towne and this guy was bombarding menwith questions about it.
I explained the concept if it to him and asked me if I could recommend him lol.
I told him it doesn't work that way (keep in mind I've never spoken to him before)
He then asks me if I could lend him 500k and he'll pay me back..

I wanted to virtually smack him with a wave emote. Devs please give us a Facepalm emote

Echelong
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Last night I was wearing my community shield in towne and this guy was bombarding menwith questions about it.
I explained the concept if it to him and asked me if I could recommend him lol.
I told him it doesn't work that way (keep in mind I've never spoken to him before)
He then asks me if I could lend him 500k and he'll pay me back..

I wanted to virtually smack him with a wave emote. Devs please give us a Facepalm emote

Lol Red....

Kalielle
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Can we have a less friendly way of ignoring beggars? ;)

I think the people who truly deserve help are those who don't ask for it. I try to help those kind of people, and not the beggars.

Greyhorse
03-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Lol, I like to go into Townes after a run and instead of liquidating all of the lesser stuff, I pick a few good greens to gift to newer strangers. It's kind of a gift-and-run thing. It was done to me when I was young in the game, and I was always very surprised and happy for the gift and tried to thank if I had the chance.

The other day, I gifted someone in FH, and he PMed me "Can I have any more gifts?"

*sigh*

neko
03-03-2011, 11:14 AM

"Talk to the elbow cuz the ear can't hear!"

neko
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Lol, I like to go into Townes after a run and instead of liquidating all of the lesser stuff, I pick a few good greens to gift to newer strangers. It's kind of a gift-and-run thing. It was done to me when I was young in the game, and I was always very surprised and happy for the gift and tried to thank if I had the chance.

The other day, I gifted someone in FH, and he PMed me "Can I have any more gifts?"

*sigh*

I made the mistake of giving away a pink only to then be asked, "Can I see your list of guns cuz I already have this one." Not even a thanks!

Snakespeare
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
want... facepalm... emote!!!

Yanis
03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I spend most of my time in Balefort on my lvl10 bear that has no friends or fancy gear...otherwise I feel compelled to exit CS every 10 seconds to answer a question...

Echelong
03-03-2011, 12:36 PM
I spend most of my time in Balefort on my lvl10 bear that has no friends or fancy gear...otherwise I feel compelled to exit CS every 10 seconds to answer a question...

Well Yanis you should change your name to wikiYanis suits yourself more.

adwin
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Hmm, how can you know who needs help if they don't ask for it?
I DON'T feed beggars. I sometimes give away pinks or other items on a whim, to a randomly chosen player.
Or sometimes the best joke in CS wins. ;]

Back to the topic:
it all depends on how they ask. The formulation.
There's a difference between someone asking for powerlevelling, and someones politely asking: "can someone please help me level up?"
And I sometimes help out when my friends ask me to join in an instance to help in levelling their friend.

It's not "what", it's "how".

JemNI
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM

This happened to me too and I try to pass it on as well. It didn't matter that it was lvl 34 robes and I was lvl 14 at the time. I felt so warm and fuzzy and have not forgotten that random act of kindness. And I at least thanked the person. It hasn't backfired on me yet, but I may get more picky about who I choose from now on.