PDA

View Full Version : pets. what they should be

superss
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
hi all i was wondering about pets in the game. what do you think the enchantress should have as a pet? what about the bear? or the archer? comment your thoughts.

i think that the enchantress should have a cat im not sure about the others.

Moogerfooger
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I hope they do not add pets. So my answer is "invisible pets" :p

superss
03-03-2011, 11:05 AM
why no pets? whats the fun in that? lol

Moogerfooger
03-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I like the game without pets...I don't think they need to add them. If they are going to change something like that, I would rather they add another class, not add pets to an existing class :) just my personal opinion.

Royce
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I like the game without pets...I don't think they need to add them. If they are going to change something like that, I would rather they add another class, not add pets to an existing class :) just my personal opinion.

Pets wool be much easier to add. With a new class, you have to worry about balance and how 4 classes will work with only 3 attributes. Pets aren't exactly at the top of my wish list, but I think they are much more likely to come fairly soon than another class.

Lesrider
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
The thing is, if the pets are all the same, it won't really change anything -- how will it be any different than another piece of equipment, other than causing more lag?
The pets would need to be more randomized than the equipment currently is, or they really won't add much to the game.

Royce
03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
As for class specific pets, as I've said in the past, I think the civilized, intelligent, humanoid elves should be able to keep Avians and perhaps even Ursans as pets. They are wild animals after all...

superss
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
As for class specific pets, as I've said in the past, I think the civilized, intelligent, humanoid elves should be able to keep Avians and perhaps even Ursans as pets. They are wild animals after all...

lol yah i agree

Moogerfooger
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I know there would class-balance issues if another class was added, but I never said I wanted another class :p just that if they were going to add either pets or another class, I would choose another class first. Pets would just add more lag (I think), seeing as user-input commands to control them would have to go from your device to the server, and one thing we collectively do not need is more lag in the game.

Riccits
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
i hope i dont need to feed my pet ;) lol

superss
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM
i hope i dont need to feed my pet ;) lol

yah me too that would be a pain!

hawkei
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Arn't bears and hawks already pets?

KaotiicxDream
03-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Pets wool be much easier to add. With a new class, you have to worry about balance and how 4 classes will work with only 3 attributes. Pets aren't exactly at the top of my wish list, but I think they are much more likely to come fairly soon than another class.

A new class... Hard to add.. only 3 attributes.. How about Pally as new class ? Str and Int with new skills not the normal 12 mage skills... U know what i mean ? Starts out with like 4 int 4 str ? Sounds good ? I dunno im just a freaking noob yelling about everything ...

Aerospacegod
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I want a parrot that rides on my shoulder with an "unleash" button when I want it to help out. As effect it could double or triple a skill essentially allowing a Mage to do superheal, archer to crit for 5 seconds, or for a bear the pet takes 100% aggro for 10 seconds.

All of these would have huge recharge times like 2-3mins.

Edit: we could even have pink pets give 3x skill, purple 2.5, green 2x etc.

superglut2
03-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Well they could add hunter class , same as Bird basically just with a pet that helps u attack.

Keohike
03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I hope they don't add pets, but if they add pets as a skill it be cool. Like if u mage u summon a cat or sumthing and it will last 5 min and has x amount of health and x amount of dmg and each character will have a skill like this. I think this wud be better.

Frenzyn
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
If they do add pets, i hope mine is a red troll that shoots lasers. :3

Vallist
03-05-2011, 01:29 AM
I would love to have a butterfly

so thats my suggestion

joeychandler
03-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Id like pets to be rare mob drops, and be mini versions of em. Like mini skeles / etc :)

They should also work automaticaly, theres enough to press with skills and joystick.

red
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
obviously, galactic overlord.